User Tag List

Unread 11-16-2009, 05:43 PM
OATS
Basic Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello Melanin View Post
I saw this info somewhere else about Jay Z and I'm still on the fence with this one.

Just to toss out some nuggets:

If Jay is a Mason now, was he one back when he won the Grammy for Hard Knock Life? I ask this because he still was gettin' paper back then only not as much.

My limited understanding of the Freemasons is the membership strives to perfect the soul of the members. They also do alot of good in the community such as the Scottish Rite hospital here in ATL. A lot of kids have been saved by this "Satanic" organization.

Many of the founding fathers of the USA were masons as somebody stated earlier SOOOO...

...if these people were all Satanic why even continue to live here?

Also, many ministers, deacons, pastors, rabbis & imans are masonic. If you look on most religious buildings you can often find some masonic text or the square & compass engraved in a stone somewhere.

Is it good? Is it bad? Well...those are subjective terms. I used to be all into conspiracy theories but then I had my own "enlightenment" and furthered my learning of self.

What I do know it that what you pay attention to and focus on grows in your mind, not necessarily anyone elses. Or put in laymans terms, where ever the mind goes, the behind follows!!!

If that's what Jay wanted to do with his time and money (because it is a time & money commitment) then that's on him. What I have learned from my own Dad, uncles, etc., who are Freemasons & Shriners is that the individual has a choice and he has to make that choice himself...no one else can do it for him.

The real power lies in our power of conscious choice. Other than that we might as well be sheep.
Actually according to christian theology the lord is our "shepard" and we are compared to " sheep" i have masons in my family and that does not mean i agree with them.

Read Revalation and you will see why they "help" people. Its all a dubious plot
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #21

OATS
Basic Member

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello Melanin View Post
I saw this info somewhere else about Jay Z and I'm still on the fence with this one.

Just to toss out some nuggets:

If Jay is a Mason now, was he one back when he won the Grammy for Hard Knock Life? I ask this because he still was gettin' paper back then only not as much.

My limited understanding of the Freemasons is the membership strives to perfect the soul of the members. They also do alot of good in the community such as the Scottish Rite hospital here in ATL. A lot of kids have been saved by this "Satanic" organization.

Many of the founding fathers of the USA were masons as somebody stated earlier SOOOO...

...if these people were all Satanic why even continue to live here?

Also, many ministers, deacons, pastors, rabbis & imans are masonic. If you look on most religious buildings you can often find some masonic text or the square & compass engraved in a stone somewhere.

Is it good? Is it bad? Well...those are subjective terms. I used to be all into conspiracy theories but then I had my own "enlightenment" and furthered my learning of self.

What I do know it that what you pay attention to and focus on grows in your mind, not necessarily anyone elses. Or put in laymans terms, where ever the mind goes, the behind follows!!!

If that's what Jay wanted to do with his time and money (because it is a time & money commitment) then that's on him. What I have learned from my own Dad, uncles, etc., who are Freemasons & Shriners is that the individual has a choice and he has to make that choice himself...no one else can do it for him.

The real power lies in our power of conscious choice. Other than that we might as well be sheep.
Actually according to christian theology the lord is our "shepard" and we are compared to " sheep" i have masons in my family and that does not mean i agree with them.

Read Revalation and you will see why they "help" people. Its all a dubious plot
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Warren Peece
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Warren Peece Send a message via Yahoo to Warren Peece
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
366 Won / 111 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by remarK View Post
this theory makes absolutely no sense to me..

like okay, if they are in this secret society what is the society's goals?..

to control our minds through hidden messages?.. uhh, no..
..Yes..not just that though (music)

Mind Control. Exposed in 90s, at which Bill clinton apoligized..Mk ultra, ran by Central Intelligence Agency. drugs, hypnotism, repetition, etc. Television is a great tool. Anyone telling me that music and tv. doesn't have a STRONG influence on the way we view the world are in complete denial.

Stay In School I looked up, stomach feelin irritated and sore/ when I noticed that I couldn't see his face anymore/his body shakin twitchin. I took the blade that I stored./ 'quit movin you dead fuck', I started shankin his corpse
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #22

Warren Peece
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
366 Won / 111 Lost

Voted: 85 audio / 2437 text

Quote:
this theory makes absolutely no sense to me..

like okay, if they are in this secret society what is the society's goals?..

to control our minds through hidden messages?.. uhh, no..

Mind Control. Exposed in 90s, at which Bill clinton apoligized..Mk ultra, ran by Central Intelligence Agency. drugs, hypnotism, repetition, etc. Television is a great tool. Anyone telling me that music and tv. doesn't have a STRONG influence on the way we view the world are in complete denial.

Stay In School I looked up, stomach feelin irritated and sore/ when I noticed that I couldn't see his face anymore/his body shakin twitchin. I took the blade that I stored./ 'quit movin you dead fuck', I started shankin his corpse
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 04:04 AM
BigMouthSmallKid
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
15 Won / 14 Lost

I guess it's time to stop tryin to research cause like jaz said it's a secret society you will never find out everything except what they want you to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-nine View Post
I peeped ya shit and you got some skill
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6435663095d224f7/
new beat
www.soundclick.com/barshotzproductions
my beats I can make your next project fire
Unread 11-18-2009, 04:04 AM   #23

BigMouthSmallKid
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
15 Won / 14 Lost

I guess it's time to stop tryin to research cause like jaz said it's a secret society you will never find out everything except what they want you to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-nine View Post
I peeped ya shit and you got some skill
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6435663095d224f7/
new beat
www.soundclick.com/barshotzproductions
my beats I can make your next project fire
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Warren Peece
Ranked Text Record
366 Won / 111 Lost

^^ man shut up , quit acting stupid haha. er'one on this thread on some goofy shit man i swear. EVERYONE (no, not EVEN me)

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #24

Warren Peece
Ranked Text Record
366 Won / 111 Lost

^^ man shut up , quit acting stupid haha. er'one on this thread on some goofy shit man i swear. EVERYONE (no, not EVEN me)
Unread 11-18-2009, 03:52 PM
remarK remarK is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!remarK is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
28 Won / 14 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
215 Won / 51 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Peece View Post

see, yeah that's true... BUT i guarantee there isn't one person that listens to Jay-Z, Kanye, and Nas and is like..

yeah!, the all seeing eye of God.. i'm gonna be super religious from now on because Jay-Z and Nas are interpreting it through their music!..

It's funny though, cuz i just saw "The Men Who Stare At Goats" and they heavily used the symbol of the Eye of Providence.. so it is definitely being used for this.. I just don't see how this specific object will control my mind Lmaoo.. If the objective is to make people believe in a certain religion that aint gonna work on me..

I think religion is probably one of the most problematic ideologies in our society..

Let's have a stimulating conversation now, War..
Unread 11-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #25

remarK remarK is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!remarK is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.56/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
28 Won / 14 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.56/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.38/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
215 Won / 51 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 116 audio / 911 text

Quote:

see, yeah that's true... BUT i guarantee there isn't one person that listens to Jay-Z, Kanye, and Nas and is like..

yeah!, the all seeing eye of God.. i'm gonna be super religious from now on because Jay-Z and Nas are interpreting it through their music!..

It's funny though, cuz i just saw "The Men Who Stare At Goats" and they heavily used the symbol of the Eye of Providence.. so it is definitely being used for this.. I just don't see how this specific object will control my mind Lmaoo.. If the objective is to make people believe in a certain religion that aint gonna work on me..

I think religion is probably one of the most problematic ideologies in our society..

Unread 11-18-2009, 05:13 PM
R O B
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
40 Won / 66 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
67 Won / 20 Lost

Hehe I shoulda knew it was you tank ... intresting stuff.. and yee Jay-Z is a free mason
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #26

R O B
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.62/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
40 Won / 66 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.01/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
67 Won / 20 Lost

Hehe I shoulda knew it was you tank ... intresting stuff.. and yee Jay-Z is a free mason
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Warren Peece
Ranked Text Record
366 Won / 111 Lost

Quote:

Unlucky for me, I'm completely sober. haha. alright then.

The actual goal of mainstream and politics is to slowly push away religion from people. Although I have no belief an any particular one, I would agree with some concepts the bible would have (lets not get into) and it's funny though. The media is pushing in the complete opposite dirrection. They're discrediting it all in every way they can. Feel free , people to debate this , because this really speaks for itself..

As far as artists doing this or that..
1st of all..about EVERY SINGLE artist we see on television has indicated that they believe in a SUPREME BEING. So we all know atleast that..now, if you dig into the content to at which these artists speak about in songs..you have to ask yourself ..WHAT religion PERMITS those concepts they glamourize?

What religion permits orgies, materialism, self-indulgence, murder, doing as YOU WANT, cannibliasm, SEX-SEX-SEX, Selling "souls" , homo-sexuality, greed, etc. ??? Okay yes it's art. But That's all these artists usually put out. We're talking Madona, Britney, Eminem, Jay-Z, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Kanye, ..and the list goes on. The only RELIGION that ALL OF THOSE THINGS are elements of for spiritual growth, ..is PAGANISM(satanism,zionism)

If anyone here is too lazy to look into paganism, that's okay. That's on them. I don't want to see the same people being stubborn though .

Ok..masonry. Same thing, different name. Aleister Crowley (jay-z sports the same guys QUOTES do art thy wilt) is a 33rd degree freemason, inventor of tarot cards, was a satanist, and practiced black magic.

Beatles...STRONG FUCKING influence on people..has aleister crowley on their SEARGENT PEPPER album cover..in fact- aleister crowley is infact supposed to be seargent pepper himself. All I'm pointing out is examples. beatles ..

so many people loved their music..why are the beatles sporting this shit? So back to what REMARK was originally saying..he doesn't think they're trying to pull us into a religion..I disagree to an extent.

I do think they're trying to get everybody to submit to THEIR beliefs so it will be THAT MUCH EASIER for us to accept w.e. they throw at us..whether that be new bills, new laws, or..a new world order.

Read READ READ. Internet can take you some places, but going out yourself, examining places is intriguing.

And it's funny you mention the men who stare at goats. (based on true events, .. funny they pick a goat out of all animals. ..in the movie they're psychic spies haha. The government really did have a group called "remote viewing" < experiments on psychic use . LSD, blah blah blibbity blah why dont they teach us this in school?

Sorry i had to type this all in a hurrryyy its a lot of subject just for one motherfucker to speak on . it's a large subject though. something i can't explain all together.

besides that, they did have a group called

Unread 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #27

Warren Peece
Ranked Text Record
366 Won / 111 Lost

Quote:

The actual goal of mainstream and politics is to slowly push away religion from people. Although I have no belief an any particular one, I would agree with some concepts the bible would have (lets not get into) and it's funny though. The media is pushing in the complete opposite dirrection. They're discrediting it all in every way they can. Feel free , people to debate this , because this really speaks for itself..

1st of all..about EVERY SINGLE artist we see on television has indicated that they believe in a SUPREME BEING. So we all know atleast that..now, if you dig into the content to at which these artists speak about in songs..you have to ask yourself ..WHAT religion PERMITS those concepts they glamourize?

What religion permits orgies, materialism, self-indulgence, murder, doing as YOU WANT, cannibliasm, SEX-SEX-SEX, Selling "souls" , homo-sexuality, greed, etc. ??? Okay yes it's art. But That's all these artists usually put out. We're talking Madona, Britney, Eminem, Jay-Z, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Kanye, ..and the list goes on. The only RELIGION that ALL OF THOSE THINGS are elements of for spiritual growth, ..is PAGANISM(satanism,zionism)

If anyone here is too lazy to look into paganism, that's okay. That's on them. I don't want to see the same people being stubborn though .

Ok..masonry. Same thing, different name. Aleister Crowley (jay-z sports the same guys QUOTES do art thy wilt) is a 33rd degree freemason, inventor of tarot cards, was a satanist, and practiced black magic.

Beatles...STRONG FUCKING influence on people..has aleister crowley on their SEARGENT PEPPER album cover..in fact- aleister crowley is infact supposed to be seargent pepper himself. All I'm pointing out is examples. beatles ..

so many people loved their music..why are the beatles sporting this shit? So back to what REMARK was originally saying..he doesn't think they're trying to pull us into a religion..I disagree to an extent.

I do think they're trying to get everybody to submit to THEIR beliefs so it will be THAT MUCH EASIER for us to accept w.e. they throw at us..whether that be new bills, new laws, or..a new world order.

Read READ READ. Internet can take you some places, but going out yourself, examining places is intriguing.

And it's funny you mention the men who stare at goats. (based on true events, .. funny they pick a goat out of all animals. ..in the movie they're psychic spies haha. The government really did have a group called "remote viewing" < experiments on psychic use . LSD, blah blah blibbity blah why dont they teach us this in school?

Sorry i had to type this all in a hurrryyy its a lot of subject just for one motherfucker to speak on . it's a large subject though. something i can't explain all together.

Unread 11-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Sophocles
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.28/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.28/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Jay-Z is a mason. Most of the big earners in the industry are. It's a secret societies that is good for professionals to join because masons help each other out and you'll gain many connects through Masonry.

There are only 3 degrees in the lodge. After that you can go onto the York Rite and Scottish Rite, and finally become a Shriner, which is like high school/college for free-masons.

As you climb the degrees, you'll see degrees like this.

OTO
Illuminati
9 secret men
......i forgot....
7 secret men
Grand Architect

And last but not least, Lucifer. This is all true. You should all be worried. It may not seem like a problem now but if you knew the facts you'd be pretty concerned.
Unread 11-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #28

Sophocles
Basic Member
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.28/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.28/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
3 Won / 0 Lost

Jay-Z is a mason. Most of the big earners in the industry are. It's a secret societies that is good for professionals to join because masons help each other out and you'll gain many connects through Masonry.

There are only 3 degrees in the lodge. After that you can go onto the York Rite and Scottish Rite, and finally become a Shriner, which is like high school/college for free-masons.

As you climb the degrees, you'll see degrees like this.

OTO
Illuminati
9 secret men
......i forgot....
7 secret men
Grand Architect

And last but not least, Lucifer. This is all true. You should all be worried. It may not seem like a problem now but if you knew the facts you'd be pretty concerned.
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:37 PM
John Dos
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
184 Won / 131 Lost

ya'll are on some weird shit lol
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #29

John Dos
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
184 Won / 131 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 1131 text
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

ya'll are on some weird shit lol
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Ranked Audio Record
28 Won / 14 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Ranked Text Record
215 Won / 51 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:

very very interesting stuff, but I didn't say that they weren't trying to pull us into a religion.. what I said was referring directly to the videos people were posting in this thread about the pyramid and how it was interpreted through their music..

I was just saying that that idea itself, didn't seem like it would work..

I could definitely see how The Beatles were used in the media and through their albums.. shit their still influencing minds now, of kids that aren't even remotely of their generation..

This might be completely off topic, but I thought it was an interesting point that was brought up in my class today.. see if you can follow it cuz it's gonna seem like it doesn't have a point at first, but it will get to my main point.. which is media..

okay so we were watching a documentary video on a certain culture in Africa ( where isn't important to the point i'm making).. and as a custom, the women in their tribes would have to get circumcised (get the tip of the clit removed) and then have their vagina's stitched shut until marriage ( )... the women were fighting against this custom..

So where I'm going with this is..... My teacher asked "But what is the difference between these surgeries and cosmetic surgeries in the U.S.?"..

Some kid answered right away, "Well we have the choice whether we want to get a surgery done and it's more of a luxury rather than something being forced upon us"

My teacher then stated.. but is it really our choice?.. cuz when you think of it, why are these people in our culture getting dozens of surgeries done?, because they are unhappy with the way they look?.. yeah, and that's mostly due to the media and television in our society...

I just thought that was really interesting, although it is somewhat ridiculous to compare cosmetic surgery to a woman getting her vagina sewed shut, that shit is just horrrrrible..
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #30

Ranked Audio Record
28 Won / 14 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Ranked Text Record
215 Won / 51 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 116 audio / 911 text

Quote:

very very interesting stuff, but I didn't say that they weren't trying to pull us into a religion.. what I said was referring directly to the videos people were posting in this thread about the pyramid and how it was interpreted through their music..

I was just saying that that idea itself, didn't seem like it would work..

I could definitely see how The Beatles were used in the media and through their albums.. shit their still influencing minds now, of kids that aren't even remotely of their generation..

This might be completely off topic, but I thought it was an interesting point that was brought up in my class today.. see if you can follow it cuz it's gonna seem like it doesn't have a point at first, but it will get to my main point.. which is media..

okay so we were watching a documentary video on a certain culture in Africa ( where isn't important to the point i'm making).. and as a custom, the women in their tribes would have to get circumcised (get the tip of the clit removed) and then have their vagina's stitched shut until marriage ( )... the women were fighting against this custom..

So where I'm going with this is..... My teacher asked "But what is the difference between these surgeries and cosmetic surgeries in the U.S.?"..

Some kid answered right away, "Well we have the choice whether we want to get a surgery done and it's more of a luxury rather than something being forced upon us"

My teacher then stated.. but is it really our choice?.. cuz when you think of it, why are these people in our culture getting dozens of surgeries done?, because they are unhappy with the way they look?.. yeah, and that's mostly due to the media and television in our society...

I just thought that was really interesting, although it is somewhat ridiculous to compare cosmetic surgery to a woman getting her vagina sewed shut, that shit is just horrrrrible..