Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

Custom Beat Unified Championship 2024 - Continued

Battle Feed
Blocc vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written Blind Drop
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
FightsAndRap... vs Skitt_BlazinSkitt_Blazin is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Truer vs Jville84Jville84 is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written Blind Drop
8 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02-04-2019, 07:23 AM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default I'm Done

I'm done with the draft, and for the foreseeable future done with LB.

When I started the draft, the entire idea was the gear people towards the aspects of the site which are most beneficial. Get people involved in open battles that don't promise user titles or cash prizes. Push people towards having battles simply because they're in the mood to write.

The more things got on, the more I realized that there was no point to any of it. Sure, we could get the next few months jumping and sure, people could come off of a high if Illmania 5 was great. But what happens the week after it finishes? When I would stop IMing you all begging for votes. When there were no points for open battles?

I had one busy weekend. No mod took it upon themselves to update the draft thread. No one voted on anything now that I wasn't asking them to in IMs. No one did anything of their own accord. This proved that come June, when Illmania finished, everything would go right back to where it was before.

So my efforts were useless. It's a lot of work to run shit like that and unless I find a long term benefit, I don't want to put in that work.

But this is just one reason I'm sick of LB. The ridiculous fear on the part of those currently leading the site in terms of calling out those running it is ridiculous. We just had a tournament final open for NINE days because the admin didn't come online. No one said a word about it. We currently had two of the site's biggest text tournaments running at the same time, both getting next to no votes as a result. No one said a word about it. Student no showed his own tournament. One member said something about it. NOBLE made a vote thread asking for people to vote on the final, and didn't even vote himself. No one said a word.

I've called out Reip, Aggo, Seul and others for refusing to publicly speak out about the ludicrous tournament schedule. The inactivity of NOBLE and Student. The fact that NOBLE and Student would probably be two of the least knowledgable members with the highest VP. Nothing. So either they believe otherwise, which they are welcome to try and convince us, or they are for some reason scared of doing so.

Either way, everything about LB right now is headed in the wrong direction. It seemed no matter how much some of us spoke out about the major areas of issues, we kept going more and more towards them. We had a ridiculous tournament schedule which was proven to be a detriment to the site, so we added FOUR more.

And if anyone feels like coming in and fighting against it...look around. The site IS dying. Changing guts VP and answering a PM from Bnas isn't improving the site. It's getting worse and worse every day. So you can get defensive all you want but the fact that this place is a fucking ghosttown says everything that needs to be said.

Get someone else to run the draft. I'm sure gutz would love to.
Unread 02-04-2019, 07:23 AM   #1

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default I'm Done

I'm done with the draft, and for the foreseeable future done with LB.

When I started the draft, the entire idea was the gear people towards the aspects of the site which are most beneficial. Get people involved in open battles that don't promise user titles or cash prizes. Push people towards having battles simply because they're in the mood to write.

The more things got on, the more I realized that there was no point to any of it. Sure, we could get the next few months jumping and sure, people could come off of a high if Illmania 5 was great. But what happens the week after it finishes? When I would stop IMing you all begging for votes. When there were no points for open battles?

I had one busy weekend. No mod took it upon themselves to update the draft thread. No one voted on anything now that I wasn't asking them to in IMs. No one did anything of their own accord. This proved that come June, when Illmania finished, everything would go right back to where it was before.

So my efforts were useless. It's a lot of work to run shit like that and unless I find a long term benefit, I don't want to put in that work.

But this is just one reason I'm sick of LB. The ridiculous fear on the part of those currently leading the site in terms of calling out those running it is ridiculous. We just had a tournament final open for NINE days because the admin didn't come online. No one said a word about it. We currently had two of the site's biggest text tournaments running at the same time, both getting next to no votes as a result. No one said a word about it. Student no showed his own tournament. One member said something about it. NOBLE made a vote thread asking for people to vote on the final, and didn't even vote himself. No one said a word.

I've called out Reip, Aggo, Seul and others for refusing to publicly speak out about the ludicrous tournament schedule. The inactivity of NOBLE and Student. The fact that NOBLE and Student would probably be two of the least knowledgable members with the highest VP. Nothing. So either they believe otherwise, which they are welcome to try and convince us, or they are for some reason scared of doing so.

Either way, everything about LB right now is headed in the wrong direction. It seemed no matter how much some of us spoke out about the major areas of issues, we kept going more and more towards them. We had a ridiculous tournament schedule which was proven to be a detriment to the site, so we added FOUR more.

And if anyone feels like coming in and fighting against it...look around. The site IS dying. Changing guts VP and answering a PM from Bnas isn't improving the site. It's getting worse and worse every day. So you can get defensive all you want but the fact that this place is a fucking ghosttown says everything that needs to be said.

Get someone else to run the draft. I'm sure gutz would love to.

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:14 AM
lllllllllllll

The actual members voices never mattered. I’m curious to know how many members are ignored by admins on a daily basis. I basically grew up using this site and the shit hurts seeing that the owners don’t even use the site anymore. Everyone that’s been on here with me for those years are like fam. But people are always asking why I’m so negative when it comes to someone trying to “help” the site. Because you can’t help the site if the admins are not active. It’s 100% impossible. Something breaks, X is no where to be found. It’ll be 5-7 business days later he shows up and he doesn’t even post/talk to us. It’s like having a boss that don’t like you.

But as for mods, I don’t expect them to do too much when it comes to helping because they’re secretly sick of LB as well. They’re not motivated. Legit every mod gets that green name then months later become very inactive. It’s not their fault at this point. Shits stagnant around here.
Unread 02-04-2019, 08:14 AM   #2

lllllllllllll

The actual members voices never mattered. I’m curious to know how many members are ignored by admins on a daily basis. I basically grew up using this site and the shit hurts seeing that the owners don’t even use the site anymore. Everyone that’s been on here with me for those years are like fam. But people are always asking why I’m so negative when it comes to someone trying to “help” the site. Because you can’t help the site if the admins are not active. It’s 100% impossible. Something breaks, X is no where to be found. It’ll be 5-7 business days later he shows up and he doesn’t even post/talk to us. It’s like having a boss that don’t like you.

But as for mods, I don’t expect them to do too much when it comes to helping because they’re secretly sick of LB as well. They’re not motivated. Legit every mod gets that green name then months later become very inactive. It’s not their fault at this point. Shits stagnant around here.

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:27 AM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllllll View Post
But as for mods, I don’t expect them to do too much when it comes to helping because they’re secretly sick of LB as well.
But why secretly? What's the fear?
Unread 02-04-2019, 08:27 AM   #3

EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllllllllllll View Post
But as for mods, I don’t expect them to do too much when it comes to helping because they’re secretly sick of LB as well.

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:32 AM
lllllllllllll

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
They’re probably comfortable as mods and are used to the powers so don’t wanna chance that by saying some ill shit about the site
Unread 02-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #4

lllllllllllll

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
They’re probably comfortable as mods and are used to the powers so don’t wanna chance that by saying some ill shit about the site

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:30 AM
KG The Prince
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Uh oh uh on

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:30 AM   #5

KG The Prince
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 106 audio / 857 text
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)

Uh oh uh on

Unread 02-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Saii

Respect for doing what you can. The draft was a great idea.
Unread 02-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #6

Saii

Respect for doing what you can. The draft was a great idea.

Unread 02-04-2019, 10:39 AM
joan of arc

i will run the draft under the mods counseling if you really leave. i 100 percent prefer if you stay. people respect you for speaking out and challenging the system. i respect you for that. yes student and noble haven't been very active. the mods would say that. i dont think mods are the issue right now, seul and aggo are on every day. hvk handles shit non stop. stu does the important things when he is on.

here's my solution. if noble is too busy in life to run the site, than he should appoint another admin to do this. student or hvk.
Unread 02-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #7

joan of arc

i will run the draft under the mods counseling if you really leave. i 100 percent prefer if you stay. people respect you for speaking out and challenging the system. i respect you for that. yes student and noble haven't been very active. the mods would say that. i dont think mods are the issue right now, seul and aggo are on every day. hvk handles shit non stop. stu does the important things when he is on.

here's my solution. if noble is too busy in life to run the site, than he should appoint another admin to do this. student or hvk.

Unread 02-04-2019, 11:16 AM
EtH

Seul, Aggo, HVK put in mad work yeah? Damn there must be a personal vendetta against me then cause I think Seul and H dropped 1 vote each on the 20+ draft battle and getting Aggo to hit anything was like pulling teeth.

I'm just not even responding to the rest after you just suggested Student to replace NOBLE? That's like feeling that Donald Trump is a bit too problematic to be a president and nominating Mel Gibson.
Unread 02-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #8

EtH

Seul, Aggo, HVK put in mad work yeah? Damn there must be a personal vendetta against me then cause I think Seul and H dropped 1 vote each on the 20+ draft battle and getting Aggo to hit anything was like pulling teeth.

I'm just not even responding to the rest after you just suggested Student to replace NOBLE? That's like feeling that Donald Trump is a bit too problematic to be a president and nominating Mel Gibson.

Unread 02-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Nicholas

I don't agree with everything you said but most of it. We need an active admin team and I would love to see LB ran as more of a democracy so you all felt like you actually had a say in what happens. This is easy enough to do - just forum poll ideas (like tournament schedules etc.)
Unread 02-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #9

Nicholas

I don't agree with everything you said but most of it. We need an active admin team and I would love to see LB ran as more of a democracy so you all felt like you actually had a say in what happens. This is easy enough to do - just forum poll ideas (like tournament schedules etc.)

Unread 02-04-2019, 11:31 AM
joan of arc

seul was busy, hvk needs to vote more often, student too, but they are more active than noble. hvk has handled everything i've ever asked him to and quickly. never had an issue.
Unread 02-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #10

joan of arc

seul was busy, hvk needs to vote more often, student too, but they are more active than noble. hvk has handled everything i've ever asked him to and quickly. never had an issue.

Tags
wewilldelete