Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Mech
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Question Who Actively Moderates The Moderators Actions? AGGO, fess up.

I am curious to know a few things about the expectations and roles Moderators like @Aggo have here on LetsBeef. What kind of accountability? I know the site is slow and difficult to keep Mods around, but who decides if they are actually fit for the job anymore? As time goes on, those of this position can start to let the power go to their head or perhaps even have a lack luster performance overall. They learn the shady ways of the voting system and its vote points and vote power and sometimes they abuse their powers. Who is to decide if they are fit for the position?
I would have liked to put a poll on this thread but unfortunately it would show everyones names that voted, which could lead to total chaos. But for the record, other members here have said to demod Aggo for reasons I can only assume are because of poor performance or shady operating.
I believe Aggo's position as Moderator should be investigated and all considerations taken when determining his competence for the position. I will share just a few instances relating to me that I believe should be taken into consideration when making that determination:

First off, his battle with Bleu where he stated he knew he shouldnt have given me my vote points back yet- admitting that he manuevers the voting system around at his discretion.

Aggo 12:43 PM January 29th 2018 "Knew I shouldn't have changed your vp." ...then quickly realized what he said and tried to play it off.

He also accidentally admitted it in the chatbox yesterday that, and I quote, "I may have adjusted peoples vote power..." and goes on to say he does it if he thought they didnt vote well. So what does that mean? Does he need a complete breakdown of the vote or does he just make decisions on the fly? Does he notify people that he removed or "adjusted" their voting power? No, I dont believe so. IF ANYONE HAS HAD THEIR VOTING POWER OR POINTS "ADJUSTED" AND NOT BEEN NOTIFIED... SPEAK UP! I have at one point seen over 8 active voters/battlers with votes that have no effect on the outcomes of battles and none of them knew it to my knowledge. How is this acceptable?

Secondly, since when is it okay for moderators to sit in the chatbox and throw shade on members for over an hour, ganging up with old ghosts they likely emailed for buddy votes? (my hypothesis only) Whens the last time Jwall and Skizzo been around to drop votes? MONTHS? A YEAR? Take into consideration the effect it has on voters when a moderator is teaming up with others to bash members in the chatbox THAT THEY HAVE AN OPEN BATTLE WITH STILL BEING VOTED ON!! Herding others into taking his side because of the irridecent light on his name and because hey, Aggo is a nice guy on the superficial level. Multiple other newer members started chiming in, not knowing the situation what so ever, then proceeded to vote against me in the battle that Aggo and I still had open! This may be a coincidence, but since that arguement in the chatbox with AGGO and SKIZZO every vote has been for Aggo.( I dont believe in coincidences) For the record, before this, I was up 4 votes to 1 before all this shit started.
Is that not swaying as well?
If that is not swaying then is exclaiming that, and I quote again, "Aggo-"half of the messages you and I have are you trying to get votes removed" in the chatbox for everyone to see not swaying? Seems he was painting me out to be a cheater or someone who tries to manipulate battle outcomes. Well heres the truth and I have the proof. Ask and I will send the messages. Check it:
Ive been a member of LB since August 2017 and not a very active one at first.
Since November 28th 2017 Aggo and I have messaged 95 times back and forth about everything from him asking me repeatedly if im going to join his crew, which I refused, to me asking for pointers on how to elevate. In 2 messages dated December 4th 2017, ON THE SAME DAY, I asked about Xwizit and his hater votes on me in two of my battles. That was the only time I asked if votes were grounds for removal & for the record, I HAVE NEVER HAD AN OPPOSING VOTE REMOVED FROM ANY OF MY BATTLES, EVER!!!
So why go through all the hassle to paint me out to be a bad guy? I'll tell you why, Its because the power has gone to his head. Actions like this from the people running the site here is unacceptable. Keep in mind this is only a few instances of poor Moderating that I have witnessed from Aggo & I would like to not write a huge novel insulting the guy. I just want others to know, to express their thoughts, and to decide for themselves if this is acceptable behavior from a Moderator who does very little here anyways. Perhaps @UnEtH1CaL or @Shodan would be a better candidate for the job.
Unread 11-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #1

Mech

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Question Who Actively Moderates The Moderators Actions? AGGO, fess up.

I am curious to know a few things about the expectations and roles Moderators like @Aggo have here on LetsBeef. What kind of accountability? I know the site is slow and difficult to keep Mods around, but who decides if they are actually fit for the job anymore? As time goes on, those of this position can start to let the power go to their head or perhaps even have a lack luster performance overall. They learn the shady ways of the voting system and its vote points and vote power and sometimes they abuse their powers. Who is to decide if they are fit for the position?
I would have liked to put a poll on this thread but unfortunately it would show everyones names that voted, which could lead to total chaos. But for the record, other members here have said to demod Aggo for reasons I can only assume are because of poor performance or shady operating.
I believe Aggo's position as Moderator should be investigated and all considerations taken when determining his competence for the position. I will share just a few instances relating to me that I believe should be taken into consideration when making that determination:

First off, his battle with Bleu where he stated he knew he shouldnt have given me my vote points back yet- admitting that he manuevers the voting system around at his discretion.

Aggo 12:43 PM January 29th 2018 "Knew I shouldn't have changed your vp." ...then quickly realized what he said and tried to play it off.

He also accidentally admitted it in the chatbox yesterday that, and I quote, "I may have adjusted peoples vote power..." and goes on to say he does it if he thought they didnt vote well. So what does that mean? Does he need a complete breakdown of the vote or does he just make decisions on the fly? Does he notify people that he removed or "adjusted" their voting power? No, I dont believe so. IF ANYONE HAS HAD THEIR VOTING POWER OR POINTS "ADJUSTED" AND NOT BEEN NOTIFIED... SPEAK UP! I have at one point seen over 8 active voters/battlers with votes that have no effect on the outcomes of battles and none of them knew it to my knowledge. How is this acceptable?

Secondly, since when is it okay for moderators to sit in the chatbox and throw shade on members for over an hour, ganging up with old ghosts they likely emailed for buddy votes? (my hypothesis only) Whens the last time Jwall and Skizzo been around to drop votes? MONTHS? A YEAR? Take into consideration the effect it has on voters when a moderator is teaming up with others to bash members in the chatbox THAT THEY HAVE AN OPEN BATTLE WITH STILL BEING VOTED ON!! Herding others into taking his side because of the irridecent light on his name and because hey, Aggo is a nice guy on the superficial level. Multiple other newer members started chiming in, not knowing the situation what so ever, then proceeded to vote against me in the battle that Aggo and I still had open! This may be a coincidence, but since that arguement in the chatbox with AGGO and SKIZZO every vote has been for Aggo.( I dont believe in coincidences) For the record, before this, I was up 4 votes to 1 before all this shit started.
Is that not swaying as well?
If that is not swaying then is exclaiming that, and I quote again, "Aggo-"half of the messages you and I have are you trying to get votes removed" in the chatbox for everyone to see not swaying? Seems he was painting me out to be a cheater or someone who tries to manipulate battle outcomes. Well heres the truth and I have the proof. Ask and I will send the messages. Check it:
Ive been a member of LB since August 2017 and not a very active one at first.
Since November 28th 2017 Aggo and I have messaged 95 times back and forth about everything from him asking me repeatedly if im going to join his crew, which I refused, to me asking for pointers on how to elevate. In 2 messages dated December 4th 2017, ON THE SAME DAY, I asked about Xwizit and his hater votes on me in two of my battles. That was the only time I asked if votes were grounds for removal & for the record, I HAVE NEVER HAD AN OPPOSING VOTE REMOVED FROM ANY OF MY BATTLES, EVER!!!
So why go through all the hassle to paint me out to be a bad guy? I'll tell you why, Its because the power has gone to his head. Actions like this from the people running the site here is unacceptable. Keep in mind this is only a few instances of poor Moderating that I have witnessed from Aggo & I would like to not write a huge novel insulting the guy. I just want others to know, to express their thoughts, and to decide for themselves if this is acceptable behavior from a Moderator who does very little here anyways. Perhaps @UnEtH1CaL or @Shodan would be a better candidate for the job.

Unread 11-07-2018, 04:08 PM
Aggo

You're an idiot.
Unread 11-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #2

Aggo

You're an idiot.

Unread 11-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Lmao.

We made him madgraph.
Unread 11-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #3

Skizzo
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 2 audio / 40 text

Lmao.

We made him madgraph.
Unread 11-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Aggo

Ok, so allow me to put some context to these ridiculous claims.

Aggo 12:43 PM January 29th 2018 "Knew I shouldn't have changed your vp." ...then quickly realized what he said and tried to play it off

Prior to this he asked me about his VP. I told him it was low. I also told him if he could link me examples to him leaving good votes I would consider raising his vp. He did, I did. He shortly after voted against me an I joked that I shouldnt have raised his vp. Eth voted for mech in our current battle and i told eth i lowered his vp to zero, however, eth is not a toddler and understands jokes.

He also accidentally admitted it in the chatbox yesterday that, and I quote, "I may have adjusted peoples vote power..." and goes on to say he does it if he thought they didnt vote well.

I said I "may have" because I raise and lower vp occasionally. I dont keep a log. It's one of my duties. This is retarded.

Secondly, since when is it okay for moderators to sit in the chatbox and throw shade on members for over an hour, ganging up with old ghosts they likely emailed for buddy votes?

Yeah, you accused me of cheating. I addressed it very civilly. I said we had always been cool and I was surprised you were acting this way. You got mad whiny and got clowned for it. Anything I said was a direct response to you're claims. You engaged, I responded.

that not swaying as well?
If that is not swaying then is exclaiming that, and I quote again, "Aggo-"half of the messages you and I have are you trying to get votes removed" in the chatbox for everyone to see not swaying?

Half is an exaggeration. I believe I gave 3 examples of you complaining of hate or buddy votes. No claims were substantiated. I was pointing out tha this behavior is a pattern for you. Again, in response to things you were saying.

This was a lot for nothing fam.

If anyone wants proof of my claims I can provide it.
Unread 11-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #4

Aggo

Ok, so allow me to put some context to these ridiculous claims.

Aggo 12:43 PM January 29th 2018 "Knew I shouldn't have changed your vp." ...then quickly realized what he said and tried to play it off

Prior to this he asked me about his VP. I told him it was low. I also told him if he could link me examples to him leaving good votes I would consider raising his vp. He did, I did. He shortly after voted against me an I joked that I shouldnt have raised his vp. Eth voted for mech in our current battle and i told eth i lowered his vp to zero, however, eth is not a toddler and understands jokes.

He also accidentally admitted it in the chatbox yesterday that, and I quote, "I may have adjusted peoples vote power..." and goes on to say he does it if he thought they didnt vote well.

I said I "may have" because I raise and lower vp occasionally. I dont keep a log. It's one of my duties. This is retarded.

Secondly, since when is it okay for moderators to sit in the chatbox and throw shade on members for over an hour, ganging up with old ghosts they likely emailed for buddy votes?

Yeah, you accused me of cheating. I addressed it very civilly. I said we had always been cool and I was surprised you were acting this way. You got mad whiny and got clowned for it. Anything I said was a direct response to you're claims. You engaged, I responded.

that not swaying as well?
If that is not swaying then is exclaiming that, and I quote again, "Aggo-"half of the messages you and I have are you trying to get votes removed" in the chatbox for everyone to see not swaying?

Half is an exaggeration. I believe I gave 3 examples of you complaining of hate or buddy votes. No claims were substantiated. I was pointing out tha this behavior is a pattern for you. Again, in response to things you were saying.

This was a lot for nothing fam.

If anyone wants proof of my claims I can provide it.

Unread 11-07-2018, 05:02 PM
EtH

First Off - It's literally a moderators job to alter VP accordingly. Mods essentially only have limited duties and adjusting voting power at their judgement and discretion has been pretty much the most active duty since 2006.

Secondly - Even though I'm pretty positive that Aggo barely knows both Skizzo and JWall, mods are not restricted from going in on members what so ever. If you don't like a mod going at you, you're lucky as hell I'm not a mod anymore. If someone comes at you, it's fair game to go at them. Even if they didn't start first, there's no prerequisite for a mod to have to be nice to everyone. Just C is one of LB's most helpful/useful moderators of all time, and he's a complete wank. And no, it's not swaying. Swaying is when you comment on a specific battle and discredit that battle. By that logic, if Seul took shots at me, you believe I could call for his demodding because he'd be swaying, despite the fact he'd never have to specifically reference the battle. This isn't the case.

I'm trying to be impartial. Me and Aggo go back, and I'd consider him to a degree to be a friend on the site. But perhaps my ability to prove my impartialness is that Aggo's vote in the tag final was great for me and Punk, whilst it seemed at the time as though you'd vote the other way. I still returned the vote on your battle with a vote for you, so while this is arbitrary, I hope you take this as though I'm keeping my personal biases out of this.

Sure, the best mods typically have been a little bit less blunt. But RULE is probably one of LB's top 3 all-time members, let alone moderators, and he legit forced Moltisanti to leave the website due to their rivalry. It can suck if you feel like members are ganging up against you, and I've made longer and angrier posts than this against everyone on the staff in the past. However, in this instance, I think you and Aggo are just in a feud right now and Aggo being a mod hasn't played any aspect in it other than you feel that it gives him extra weight against you. I don't believe anything at least that you mentioned compromises his position as a mod.
Unread 11-07-2018, 05:02 PM   #5

EtH

First Off - It's literally a moderators job to alter VP accordingly. Mods essentially only have limited duties and adjusting voting power at their judgement and discretion has been pretty much the most active duty since 2006.

Secondly - Even though I'm pretty positive that Aggo barely knows both Skizzo and JWall, mods are not restricted from going in on members what so ever. If you don't like a mod going at you, you're lucky as hell I'm not a mod anymore. If someone comes at you, it's fair game to go at them. Even if they didn't start first, there's no prerequisite for a mod to have to be nice to everyone. Just C is one of LB's most helpful/useful moderators of all time, and he's a complete wank. And no, it's not swaying. Swaying is when you comment on a specific battle and discredit that battle. By that logic, if Seul took shots at me, you believe I could call for his demodding because he'd be swaying, despite the fact he'd never have to specifically reference the battle. This isn't the case.

I'm trying to be impartial. Me and Aggo go back, and I'd consider him to a degree to be a friend on the site. But perhaps my ability to prove my impartialness is that Aggo's vote in the tag final was great for me and Punk, whilst it seemed at the time as though you'd vote the other way. I still returned the vote on your battle with a vote for you, so while this is arbitrary, I hope you take this as though I'm keeping my personal biases out of this.

Sure, the best mods typically have been a little bit less blunt. But RULE is probably one of LB's top 3 all-time members, let alone moderators, and he legit forced Moltisanti to leave the website due to their rivalry. It can suck if you feel like members are ganging up against you, and I've made longer and angrier posts than this against everyone on the staff in the past. However, in this instance, I think you and Aggo are just in a feud right now and Aggo being a mod hasn't played any aspect in it other than you feel that it gives him extra weight against you. I don't believe anything at least that you mentioned compromises his position as a mod.

Unread 11-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

I've never seen Aggo engaging in any abnormal behaviour as a member and Mod of LB. I would tend to believe his response to these "claims" because they check out and are in line with what I would expect from Aggo and a mod in general. I don't think Mech approached his claims in a rational way, as evidenced by the tone of his post, and I think is just mad at Aggo for something he didn't even do. I will never understand why people aggressively pursue claims that are easily verified and fact-checked. I also think Mech shouldn't really be discussing voting etiquette, as he blocked me from voting on Mech/Bleu but then voted on Edgeworth-Sho/Seul-Plex. I don't give a fuck if you block me, but don't go around voting on my shit then. Anyways, back on topic.

Aggo is always in the chatbox actively engaging in the conversation and also helps new members alot (although some are surely multis trolling, he still obliges), and I see him adding positives to LB on the aggregate.
Unread 11-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #6

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)

I've never seen Aggo engaging in any abnormal behaviour as a member and Mod of LB. I would tend to believe his response to these "claims" because they check out and are in line with what I would expect from Aggo and a mod in general. I don't think Mech approached his claims in a rational way, as evidenced by the tone of his post, and I think is just mad at Aggo for something he didn't even do. I will never understand why people aggressively pursue claims that are easily verified and fact-checked. I also think Mech shouldn't really be discussing voting etiquette, as he blocked me from voting on Mech/Bleu but then voted on Edgeworth-Sho/Seul-Plex. I don't give a fuck if you block me, but don't go around voting on my shit then. Anyways, back on topic.

Aggo is always in the chatbox actively engaging in the conversation and also helps new members alot (although some are surely multis trolling, he still obliges), and I see him adding positives to LB on the aggregate.
Unread 11-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Brayne Ded

All this over an open battle? It's not like it was a tournament finals with a cash prize or something.
Unread 11-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #7

Brayne Ded

All this over an open battle? It's not like it was a tournament finals with a cash prize or something.

Unread 11-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Aggo

You guys are gonna have to go a little harder on me or I'm genuinely concerned mech is gonna delete his account.

(Inb4 "battle me in the lba pussy")
Unread 11-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #8

Aggo

You guys are gonna have to go a little harder on me or I'm genuinely concerned mech is gonna delete his account.

(Inb4 "battle me in the lba pussy")

Unread 11-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

This dude mech literally hate messaged me in inbox and tried to tall shit about my wife and how "ugly" she is and how she quote, "hides her body"...

Bruh didnt know she does modeling. What a fucking clown.
Unread 11-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #9

Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 2 audio / 40 text

This dude mech literally hate messaged me in inbox and tried to tall shit about my wife and how "ugly" she is and how she quote, "hides her body"...

Bruh didnt know she does modeling. What a fucking clown.
Unread 11-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Erk
Banned
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
69 Won / 34 Lost

You quote half the shit he said. Got to the chatbox part anr quit reading cuz of that lmfao.
Mech once said "...Im gay..."
Yeah. Have fun with your political quotes lmfao
Also. Enjoy the L you cry so hard about.
Unread 11-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #10

Erk
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.34/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
69 Won / 34 Lost

Voted: 10 audio / 272 text
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

You quote half the shit he said. Got to the chatbox part anr quit reading cuz of that lmfao.
Mech once said "...Im gay..."
Yeah. Have fun with your political quotes lmfao
Also. Enjoy the L you cry so hard about.

Tags
noble, pugz