Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Jatho Sups vs yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-16-2024, 01:07 PM
Kryptik
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 12 Lost

Battles like this: https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_deta...n=tb&id=533618

Crazy! The fact that 1 person, Kiwi who is an under 80% winning battler his vote held so much weight, and Dex lost the battle.

Side note: Kiwi and Nat have a pact to help each other out. Oddly that’s who Dex battled and that’s how he lost. Bnas voted does his vote not count? Sic, Death, all you would think would add up to count enough.
Unread 01-16-2024, 01:07 PM   #31

Kryptik
Estimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 5.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 12 Lost

Voted: 12 audio / 154 text
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Battles like this: https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_deta...n=tb&id=533618

Crazy! The fact that 1 person, Kiwi who is an under 80% winning battler his vote held so much weight, and Dex lost the battle.

Side note: Kiwi and Nat have a pact to help each other out. Oddly that’s who Dex battled and that’s how he lost. Bnas voted does his vote not count? Sic, Death, all you would think would add up to count enough.
Unread 01-16-2024, 02:52 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

I’m not a mod so I don’t have to defend the VP system; I agree battles like that one are not a good look which is why we should aim to have more high-VP voters voting regularly. When I was a mod the expectation was that every staff member would vote on every battle but that probably isn’t sustainable atm.

There are 2 things I’ll respond to tho. 1) Am I buddy voting with Nat? 2) Do I deserve high VP?

1) obviously not you fucking moron. I barely know who Nat is. I’ve been trying to get to every battle on the site, which obviously includes all of his, and I’ll vote for whoever I think wins. At worst I could be accused of favouring his style (creative ideas subject to occasional reaches) rather than very basic punches well-executed. But given that the point of voting is to vote for what you like, I don’t see how this is a problem. Also, if I have a “pact” with this dude, what exactly am I supposed to be getting out of it? He hasn’t voted on any of my battles this year.

2) based on the outcome of the battle, I would guess I have 3 VP, and the 3 other voters have 0, 1, 1 VP (idk which has 0). The general system of VP is that terrible voters (either don’t understand battle rap at all, or regularly hate/buddy/spam vote) should have 0, bad voters should have 1, average voters should have 2, and proven high quality voters should have 3. Putting aside whether you like the system (I am not a mod, I can’t affect it) I think within that system I definitely deserve 3 VP. My “under 80% win record” is irrelevant, the people with the highest win % tend to be snipers with poor understanding of bars. My career has seen me go toe-to-toe with the heavyweights of my day like Lockhart, Edgeworth, Shodan, Rai etc. I have won multiple titles. I was a moderator for a long time and trusted as an excellent and fair staff member by the vast majority of the userbase. I also go out of my way to vote on as many battles as possible to give feedback to rookie battlers and try help them elevate on the site. Bnas may have a 99% winning record, but he has been proven in the past to not have even been reading battles he voted on.
Unread 01-16-2024, 02:52 PM   #32

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text

I’m not a mod so I don’t have to defend the VP system; I agree battles like that one are not a good look which is why we should aim to have more high-VP voters voting regularly. When I was a mod the expectation was that every staff member would vote on every battle but that probably isn’t sustainable atm.

There are 2 things I’ll respond to tho. 1) Am I buddy voting with Nat? 2) Do I deserve high VP?

1) obviously not you fucking moron. I barely know who Nat is. I’ve been trying to get to every battle on the site, which obviously includes all of his, and I’ll vote for whoever I think wins. At worst I could be accused of favouring his style (creative ideas subject to occasional reaches) rather than very basic punches well-executed. But given that the point of voting is to vote for what you like, I don’t see how this is a problem. Also, if I have a “pact” with this dude, what exactly am I supposed to be getting out of it? He hasn’t voted on any of my battles this year.

2) based on the outcome of the battle, I would guess I have 3 VP, and the 3 other voters have 0, 1, 1 VP (idk which has 0). The general system of VP is that terrible voters (either don’t understand battle rap at all, or regularly hate/buddy/spam vote) should have 0, bad voters should have 1, average voters should have 2, and proven high quality voters should have 3. Putting aside whether you like the system (I am not a mod, I can’t affect it) I think within that system I definitely deserve 3 VP. My “under 80% win record” is irrelevant, the people with the highest win % tend to be snipers with poor understanding of bars. My career has seen me go toe-to-toe with the heavyweights of my day like Lockhart, Edgeworth, Shodan, Rai etc. I have won multiple titles. I was a moderator for a long time and trusted as an excellent and fair staff member by the vast majority of the userbase. I also go out of my way to vote on as many battles as possible to give feedback to rookie battlers and try help them elevate on the site. Bnas may have a 99% winning record, but he has been proven in the past to not have even been reading battles he voted on.
Unread 01-17-2024, 09:44 PM
Dexter
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Peewee View Post

“Basic punches”

Kiwi your titles are Rookie Champion & Autumn Champion. These are literally second grade titles which you and ALOT of others won after the sites decline in 2017.
Unread 01-17-2024, 09:44 PM   #33

Dexter
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.81/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 14 audio / 213 text

Quote:

“Basic punches”

Kiwi your titles are Rookie Champion & Autumn Champion. These are literally second grade titles which you and ALOT of others won after the sites decline in 2017.
Unread 01-18-2024, 03:01 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
“Basic punches”
So they can "collect, son" like they RUNNIN' SOLAR GRADE. Every bar is "cutting edge" like men that WANNA CLOSER SHAVE!

Quote:
1) Even if that's true, it's still a much greater accomplishment than anything that Bnas, SicSuav, or DeathDaKid have accomplished, so if you're comparing my vote to theirs the point still stands.

2) I was also LBT champion for most of 2020, one of the most active years for LB in recent times, and battled heavyweights throughout my run.
Unread 01-18-2024, 03:01 AM   #34

Kiwi Peewee
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
“Basic punches”
So they can "collect, son" like they RUNNIN' SOLAR GRADE. Every bar is "cutting edge" like men that WANNA CLOSER SHAVE!

Quote:
1) Even if that's true, it's still a much greater accomplishment than anything that Bnas, SicSuav, or DeathDaKid have accomplished, so if you're comparing my vote to theirs the point still stands.

2) I was also LBT champion for most of 2020, one of the most active years for LB in recent times, and battled heavyweights throughout my run.
Unread 01-18-2024, 12:12 PM
Dexter
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:

yall got garbage setups, s'why ya punches DIDNT CONNECT.. u jus "sayin shit for no reason" like a TIC W/ TOURETTES! - Kiwi
Unread 01-18-2024, 12:12 PM   #35

Dexter
Ranked Text Record
20 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 14 audio / 213 text

Quote:

yall got garbage setups, s'why ya punches DIDNT CONNECT.. u jus "sayin shit for no reason" like a TIC W/ TOURETTES! - Kiwi
Unread 01-18-2024, 07:10 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Wow sick burn. One line from Phro’s half of a snipe tag verse really disproves my point that your verse was basic so I didn’t vote for it. You should take some da feet bars I used against Jay Diamond and show them to Odin to get him to overturn my vote.
Unread 01-18-2024, 07:10 PM   #36

Kiwi Peewee
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Quote:
Wow sick burn. One line from Phro’s half of a snipe tag verse really disproves my point that your verse was basic so I didn’t vote for it. You should take some da feet bars I used against Jay Diamond and show them to Odin to get him to overturn my vote.
Unread 01-18-2024, 07:52 PM
RhetoriK
Mentioned: 658 Post(s)
Tagged: 47 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
“tore-rhets”*- Masked-Reaper

what's the argument here? @Dexter and @Kiwi Peewee?

Unread 01-18-2024, 07:52 PM   #37

RhetoriK
Estimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 213 audio / 1241 text
Mentioned: 658 Post(s)
Tagged: 47 Thread(s)

Quote:
“tore-rhets”*- Masked-Reaper

what's the argument here? @Dexter and @Kiwi Peewee?

Unread 01-18-2024, 08:01 PM

The VP argument for the millionth time. If the current system isn’t working, what’s the fix or replacement?

And please don’t say pure democracy….anyone who’s battled elsewhere should be able to explain why thats a terrible idea.
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 01-18-2024, 08:01 PM   #38

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!

The VP argument for the millionth time. If the current system isn’t working, what’s the fix or replacement?

And please don’t say pure democracy….anyone who’s battled elsewhere should be able to explain why thats a terrible idea.

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 01-19-2024, 06:32 AM
Affinity
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

VP is fine, but everyone has to start voting better, not just the weirdos with 0 vp. Even the moderators who have 3 that drop votes like:

"that was a good read, clearly felt one more due to the effectiveness of their punches and how clean their multies are. Fairs in"

^^that, is a trash vote and it's pretty much what everyone does these days since it's monkey see monkey do out here. I'm not suggesting every bar needs a breakdown, but be better.

Last edited by Affinity; 01-19-2024 at 09:53 AM.
Unread 01-19-2024, 06:32 AM   #39

Affinity
Estimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 9.81/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.81/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 9.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 10 audio / 28 text
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

VP is fine, but everyone has to start voting better, not just the weirdos with 0 vp. Even the moderators who have 3 that drop votes like:

"that was a good read, clearly felt one more due to the effectiveness of their punches and how clean their multies are. Fairs in"

^^that, is a trash vote and it's pretty much what everyone does these days since it's monkey see monkey do out here. I'm not suggesting every bar needs a breakdown, but be better.

Last edited by Affinity; 01-19-2024 at 09:53 AM.
Unread 01-19-2024, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
VP is fine, but everyone has to start voting better, not just the weirdos with 0vp. Even the moderators who have 3 that drop votes like

That’s fair as hell. I’m guilty of this at times. Ima try to be more specific with critique and feedback when I’m voting.

Remembering RULE
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 01-19-2024, 09:39 AM   #40

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
VP is fine, but everyone has to start voting better, not just the weirdos with 0vp. Even the moderators who have 3 that drop votes like

That’s fair as hell. I’m guilty of this at times. Ima try to be more specific with critique and feedback when I’m voting.

Tags
post1222754