User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost
Default Elo Ranking System + Matchmaking

This has come up before, and I'm sure a lot of you gamers and chess players already know what this Elo system is, but I think this would be a dope addition to LB as its one of the only ways to have an actual skill based ranking system

For those of you that don't know what the Elo ranking system is, it's a ranking system where you get placed in a tier, and the criteria for earning that tier is winning/losing.

The tiers are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond for example.

Everyone starts with a blank rank, & each person does 10 qualifying battles that'll place them in a tier.

If you win 1 out of 10 battles you're placed in Bronze
If you win 3 out of 10 battles you're placed in Silver
If you win 5 out of 10 battles you're placed in Gold (since it's the middle)
If you win 7 out of 10 battles you're placed in Platinum
If you win 9 out of 10 battles you're placed in Diamond

And you can add tiers higher than Diamond. If you win 10/10 your rank is 'Elite' or something

So now you're thinking "What if a scrub battles nothing but scrubs, wins 10/10 battles and gets the highest rank?" Well that's where matchmaking comes into play. I was wondering how LB could incorporate this, then I realized we've done blind battles on here which is pretty much matchmaking done manually. Matchmaking makes it so your 10 opponents are random, and it'll match you based on your skill once everyone qualifies

So let's say everyone qualifies and the breakdown is this

LB has:

3 Bronze battler
5 Silver battlers
10 Gold battlers
6 Platinum battlers
3 Diamond battlers

If you're a Platinum battler and you use the matchmaking system, it'll only put you against other Platinum battlers. If there aren't any active platinum battlers it'll place you against Diamond or Gold battlers, but never Bronze or Silver since the skill gap is too wide. I'm sure you can code an if/then/else statement so that you're not matched against inactive battlers

ie; If ___username___ hasn't battled in ____days_____ then bla
ie; If ___username___ HAS battled in ___days___ then "We've found a possible match"

also you lose your rank if you keep losing battles, and your rank goes up if you keep winning. So someone that qualified in the Platinum tier can ascend to the Diamond tier if they win a few battles. But if they constantly lose, they'll go down to Gold.

@X what you think about this? @Nicholas @Rant

Last edited by Mindless; 03-28-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: I fixed your mention for X. For him you have to use the format {mention=4}X{/mention} only with regular brackets instead
Unread 03-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #1

Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 111 audio / 86 text
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)

Default Elo Ranking System + Matchmaking

This has come up before, and I'm sure a lot of you gamers and chess players already know what this Elo system is, but I think this would be a dope addition to LB as its one of the only ways to have an actual skill based ranking system

For those of you that don't know what the Elo ranking system is, it's a ranking system where you get placed in a tier, and the criteria for earning that tier is winning/losing.

The tiers are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond for example.

Everyone starts with a blank rank, & each person does 10 qualifying battles that'll place them in a tier.

If you win 1 out of 10 battles you're placed in Bronze
If you win 3 out of 10 battles you're placed in Silver
If you win 5 out of 10 battles you're placed in Gold (since it's the middle)
If you win 7 out of 10 battles you're placed in Platinum
If you win 9 out of 10 battles you're placed in Diamond

And you can add tiers higher than Diamond. If you win 10/10 your rank is 'Elite' or something

So now you're thinking "What if a scrub battles nothing but scrubs, wins 10/10 battles and gets the highest rank?" Well that's where matchmaking comes into play. I was wondering how LB could incorporate this, then I realized we've done blind battles on here which is pretty much matchmaking done manually. Matchmaking makes it so your 10 opponents are random, and it'll match you based on your skill once everyone qualifies

So let's say everyone qualifies and the breakdown is this

LB has:

3 Bronze battler
5 Silver battlers
10 Gold battlers
6 Platinum battlers
3 Diamond battlers

If you're a Platinum battler and you use the matchmaking system, it'll only put you against other Platinum battlers. If there aren't any active platinum battlers it'll place you against Diamond or Gold battlers, but never Bronze or Silver since the skill gap is too wide. I'm sure you can code an if/then/else statement so that you're not matched against inactive battlers

ie; If ___username___ hasn't battled in ____days_____ then bla
ie; If ___username___ HAS battled in ___days___ then "We've found a possible match"

also you lose your rank if you keep losing battles, and your rank goes up if you keep winning. So someone that qualified in the Platinum tier can ascend to the Diamond tier if they win a few battles. But if they constantly lose, they'll go down to Gold.

@X what you think about this? @Nicholas @Rant

Last edited by Mindless; 03-28-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: I fixed your mention for X. For him you have to use the format {mention=4}X{/mention} only with regular brackets instead
Offline   Reply With Quote