Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-30-2017, 11:55 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Voting power should be based on ones ability to assess a battle objectively / accurately as well as their battling prowess as I've said many of times. Yes, some staff don't deserve 4 VP, I've repeated time and time again as well.
I'd have to disagree with some parts of this. How well someone votes has almost nothing to do with their battling prowess. Is how good someone's taste in Hip Hop is based on how well they, personally, can rap? Also, how "objectively" can one assess a battle, when at the end of the day it's all based on personal taste? Who gets to determine who is assessing a battle accurately, and how will they reach that determination? Two people can both understand flow and complexity but prioritize them differently when judging a battle. It doesn't make one wrong or the other right.
The problem we've had in the past is some mods (I'm not saying you, but they held a similar view) pretty much thought that if you didn't agree with them on a battle, you are a shitty voter, and they seemed to justify that based on the fact that other people ranked them as among the best battlers. Before I became a mod, one mod lowered my vp based on one tourney battle because I voted for GrizzEAT and everyone who also voted for Grizz on the same battle also had their vp lowered on the same day.
The best clue as to whether someone is a "good" voter or not is how well they explain their decision, not whether or not they agree with you. By saying that, I'm not saying someone can't be a good voter without a well-written expo either. What I'm saying is someone can be"wrong" because they picked a different winner than you on a battle but their expo can let you know that they just have a different taste or place a different emphasis on certain things rather than them being a shitty voter.
Unread 11-30-2017, 11:55 AM   #10

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Voting power should be based on ones ability to assess a battle objectively / accurately as well as their battling prowess as I've said many of times. Yes, some staff don't deserve 4 VP, I've repeated time and time again as well.
I'd have to disagree with some parts of this. How well someone votes has almost nothing to do with their battling prowess. Is how good someone's taste in Hip Hop is based on how well they, personally, can rap? Also, how "objectively" can one assess a battle, when at the end of the day it's all based on personal taste? Who gets to determine who is assessing a battle accurately, and how will they reach that determination? Two people can both understand flow and complexity but prioritize them differently when judging a battle. It doesn't make one wrong or the other right.
The problem we've had in the past is some mods (I'm not saying you, but they held a similar view) pretty much thought that if you didn't agree with them on a battle, you are a shitty voter, and they seemed to justify that based on the fact that other people ranked them as among the best battlers. Before I became a mod, one mod lowered my vp based on one tourney battle because I voted for GrizzEAT and everyone who also voted for Grizz on the same battle also had their vp lowered on the same day.
The best clue as to whether someone is a "good" voter or not is how well they explain their decision, not whether or not they agree with you. By saying that, I'm not saying someone can't be a good voter without a well-written expo either. What I'm saying is someone can be"wrong" because they picked a different winner than you on a battle but their expo can let you know that they just have a different taste or place a different emphasis on certain things rather than them being a shitty voter.
Offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
succadiccanddie