Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Jatho Sups vs yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
3 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Flako Boom vs Kold KrhymezKold Krhymez is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!Kold Krhymez is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
3 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02-15-2015, 12:13 AM
Rant
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

God Bless
Unread 02-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #91

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

God Bless

Unread 02-15-2015, 12:26 AM
Row

God Bless
Unread 02-15-2015, 12:26 AM   #92

Row

God Bless

Unread 02-15-2015, 01:00 AM
lllllllllllll

Typical LB Activity.. Embarrassing
Unread 02-15-2015, 01:00 AM   #93

lllllllllllll

Typical LB Activity.. Embarrassing

Unread 02-15-2015, 01:51 AM
Lockhart

skcirt dna seoh tub, tihs t'nia sehctiB
Unread 02-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #94

Lockhart

skcirt dna seoh tub, tihs t'nia sehctiB

Unread 02-15-2015, 01:59 AM
Snoopy316
Mentioned: 681 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
325 Won / 44 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row View Post
shut the fuck up bitch
make me... fool.

@ Pugz[/MENTION] to thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis Power View Post
Really hurts my feelings that he thinks he knows me so well. I'm so insulted
Unread 02-15-2015, 01:59 AM   #95

Snoopy316
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.77/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
325 Won / 44 Lost

Voted: 47 audio / 718 text

Quote:
shut the fuck up bitch
make me... fool.

Quote:
Unread 02-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Lockhart

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Unread 02-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #96

Lockhart

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Unread 02-15-2015, 02:15 AM
Snoopy316
Ranked Text Record
325 Won / 44 Lost

Quote:
shut the fuck up bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRizzEAT View Post

@Row.. i said not doin much, i didn say not doin anything. but if u feel stoppin a tournament n demoddin urself will put us in tha right direction then do that, smart ass. be a solution, not part of tha problem.
^ must hurt to hear that shit from his own leader, "not doin much as a mod...smart ass" LMAO reality check

Quote:
Unread 02-15-2015, 02:15 AM   #97

Snoopy316
Ranked Text Record
325 Won / 44 Lost

Voted: 47 audio / 718 text

Quote:
shut the fuck up bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRizzEAT View Post

@Row.. i said not doin much, i didn say not doin anything. but if u feel stoppin a tournament n demoddin urself will put us in tha right direction then do that, smart ass. be a solution, not part of tha problem.
^ must hurt to hear that shit from his own leader, "not doin much as a mod...smart ass" LMAO reality check
Unread 02-15-2015, 04:11 AM
Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
This is more of a community than a business/client relationship. The primary product here is Hip Hop and Rap battles, and me and Pugz are not the ones dropping all the Rap battles. Yes, we have primary responsibilities when it comes to site maintenance and promotions, but being a part of an online community means everyone plays a part and share in the responsibility. It's perfectly okay to to hold someone accountable for their role like you are now asking me what have I done as administrator, but you should be prepared to ask yourself the same question. What have you done in whatever role or capacity that you've played? What stands out in my mind when I think of Nicholas's tenure as an Exclusive moderator is a tourney where everyone no-showed (not totally his responsibility since each battler had their own responsibility to show up), and him just leaving (without resigning or giving a heads up) the post after he didn't get things done exactly the way he wanted. Your opinion about "proactive" award giving is arguable because, on the one hand, we DO "proactively" hand out some awards without people applying for them. Awards such as tourney trophies are usually given upon tourneys completing without being applied for. Other awards like "forum top poster" usually aren't given out until people ask for them. In order to argue awards gain more value on the basis that they are "proactively" handed out, we don't need a hypothetical scenario where all awards are given that way. We only need to simply look at the effects between the ones we already give out "proactively" and the ones we don't. Have we seen an increase in tournament sign ups since these awards are given out proactively? Have we seen a decrease in forum activity since forum top poster awards haven't been given out proactively? Besides that, there have actually been incidents when people were given awards proactively then they end up asking us to remove it because they didn't want it and that's why they didn't apply for it in the first place. Another thing to consider, which makes your theory of proactive award giving arguable, is that people usually value things more when they have to strive for it rather than when it is dropped on their lap. The things you work for, you usually end up valuing more than the things you attain without effort. Going to the awards page to apply for awards doesn't take a monumental amount of effort, but t does give more of the added satisfaction of seeking and attaining than an award that you have not even thought about showing up in your inbox.
As you can see @Nicholas, I like typing novels as responses to forum conversations, and NO, I am not trying to avoid your question of what have I done as administrator since your absence. At first I wasn't sure if it was a serious or rhetorical question to minimize my efforts for this site, but now I'll have to ask you to narrow it down to a specific time frame because I honestly don't know the exact time period you were absent. I will gladly tell you what I have done within that time frame.
I disagree that everyone is responsible for promoting this website. This is the mindset which keeps Letsbeef stagnant and people from blaming those that are actually responsible. This expectancy of members to do the work for you. This is not our site, if we're not battling or not posting it's because you're not giving us a reason to. That's something for you to figure out not blame people for not wanting to post on your site. If any of us decide to promote your site it's a bonus for you, you shouldn't expect it!

You think you can proactively give out tourney awards and suddenly people are going to give a fuck about them? I'm sure people have asked that you remove their awards but that's because in their current state they have no value. I've visited other forum sites that don't give out user titles and awards are essentially their motivation. It can be done, you've just made no effort to do it. You don't seem to understand the importance of this. You stripped the sites of user titles and then provided nothing to replace them.

You're right my tourney was rife with no-shows. How did you think that stripping the original winners of their user titles was going to encourage people to want to compete moving forwards? If you can state what you have done from October - Now that would be a suitable time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy316 View Post
Wow, sounds like Nicholas owes Noble an apology for the misstatement. Sounds like Noble was being supportive of his idea.
Have you even read this whole thread?

Quote:
I'm just now noticing this response. Please list every idea you suggested to me exactly how you suggested it and let's look at what I vetoed and what I didn't. It's easy to make these accusations and paint this picture of me being an obstructionist, but I want people to be able to look at it concretely and come to their own conclusions. In my view, I implemented the gist of everything you wanted. You might have wanted 20 voting award categories whereas I narrowed it down to 10...I STILL implemented voting awards. You might have wanted to be involved in the staff conversation by having access to the thread whereas I involved you by updating you on the convo via IM and representing your view within the thread. Everything you asked for, I gave it to you in some way shape or form even though it might not have been the exact way you wanted it. You INSISTED on designing the icons yourself. I was the one who suggested you adding some Exclusive awards in the first place then I gave you that icons site to choose from off bat. I even gave and showed you how you can access the modcp and give out awards. Let's keep in mind that I wasn't the one who made you an Exclusive mod in the first place and you attained that post in my absence, yet you hadn't been shown all this. You responded saying you looked at it and you didn't like anything you saw on the icons site and wanted to design your own to which I said "fine." Lol @ doing me a favor and doing my job. I think you're having a Brian Williams moment when it comes to your recollection of all this. I never asked you to design the awards. You insisted on that. So you left the site after the whole Exclusive Mod fiasco. When exactly did you come back? I'm asking so that I know which time period to answer your question of what have I done for the site in your absence. Will you please list every idea you suggested to me exactly how you suggested it so that we may look at what I vetoed and what I didn't and let's measure what you did as Exclusive moderator and whether it was impacted by the sort of obstructionism you describe?
Here's a list of your obstructions on ideas I suggested or things I pushed for:
- Removal of User Titles and Awards for those that won the first PPV even after they had been applied to the winners. Lockhart had actually sent his verse and Dissizit hadn't responded but you still removed his award and title. Danger Rich was the other winner and he never received a verse sent to him so won the title by default.

- I suggested that awards were proactively given out. This would of been a first good step to building value in them. If people don't know about awards they aren't going to chase them. Awards are so discreet at the moment no one gives a fuck about them. They need to be out there, the reinforcement for achieving something award-worthy needs to be as instant as possible. That's how gambling works!

- I suggested that we create a lot of new awards and ones for the forum tourneys as well (remember LBT and ULC? They could of ran with awards). Instead of implementing this you removed the user titles and replaced them with nothing. You allowed me to create two awards for Exclusive Text/Audio King and the Exclusive Tag Team King. You then refused to accept the designs for any of the more general awards - voting and so forth. Have you designed these awards yourself now NOBLE? or just not acted on this entirely?

- You didn't allow me into the conversation about the section I was running. How much of what I said to you was relayed to the staff team I can't confirm or deny... I couldn't see shit. Instead the future of my section was decided by a team of moderators that were hardly even active on the site. Many of which have been demodded now for just that reason.

Those are my four main points of contention. Please don't forget to list what you have done since my absence (time period posted above).
Unread 02-15-2015, 04:11 AM   #98

Nicholas

Quote:
This is more of a community than a business/client relationship. The primary product here is Hip Hop and Rap battles, and me and Pugz are not the ones dropping all the Rap battles. Yes, we have primary responsibilities when it comes to site maintenance and promotions, but being a part of an online community means everyone plays a part and share in the responsibility. It's perfectly okay to to hold someone accountable for their role like you are now asking me what have I done as administrator, but you should be prepared to ask yourself the same question. What have you done in whatever role or capacity that you've played? What stands out in my mind when I think of Nicholas's tenure as an Exclusive moderator is a tourney where everyone no-showed (not totally his responsibility since each battler had their own responsibility to show up), and him just leaving (without resigning or giving a heads up) the post after he didn't get things done exactly the way he wanted. Your opinion about "proactive" award giving is arguable because, on the one hand, we DO "proactively" hand out some awards without people applying for them. Awards such as tourney trophies are usually given upon tourneys completing without being applied for. Other awards like "forum top poster" usually aren't given out until people ask for them. In order to argue awards gain more value on the basis that they are "proactively" handed out, we don't need a hypothetical scenario where all awards are given that way. We only need to simply look at the effects between the ones we already give out "proactively" and the ones we don't. Have we seen an increase in tournament sign ups since these awards are given out proactively? Have we seen a decrease in forum activity since forum top poster awards haven't been given out proactively? Besides that, there have actually been incidents when people were given awards proactively then they end up asking us to remove it because they didn't want it and that's why they didn't apply for it in the first place. Another thing to consider, which makes your theory of proactive award giving arguable, is that people usually value things more when they have to strive for it rather than when it is dropped on their lap. The things you work for, you usually end up valuing more than the things you attain without effort. Going to the awards page to apply for awards doesn't take a monumental amount of effort, but t does give more of the added satisfaction of seeking and attaining than an award that you have not even thought about showing up in your inbox.
As you can see @Nicholas, I like typing novels as responses to forum conversations, and NO, I am not trying to avoid your question of what have I done as administrator since your absence. At first I wasn't sure if it was a serious or rhetorical question to minimize my efforts for this site, but now I'll have to ask you to narrow it down to a specific time frame because I honestly don't know the exact time period you were absent. I will gladly tell you what I have done within that time frame.
I disagree that everyone is responsible for promoting this website. This is the mindset which keeps Letsbeef stagnant and people from blaming those that are actually responsible. This expectancy of members to do the work for you. This is not our site, if we're not battling or not posting it's because you're not giving us a reason to. That's something for you to figure out not blame people for not wanting to post on your site. If any of us decide to promote your site it's a bonus for you, you shouldn't expect it!

You think you can proactively give out tourney awards and suddenly people are going to give a fuck about them? I'm sure people have asked that you remove their awards but that's because in their current state they have no value. I've visited other forum sites that don't give out user titles and awards are essentially their motivation. It can be done, you've just made no effort to do it. You don't seem to understand the importance of this. You stripped the sites of user titles and then provided nothing to replace them.

You're right my tourney was rife with no-shows. How did you think that stripping the original winners of their user titles was going to encourage people to want to compete moving forwards? If you can state what you have done from October - Now that would be a suitable time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy316 View Post
Wow, sounds like Nicholas owes Noble an apology for the misstatement. Sounds like Noble was being supportive of his idea.
Have you even read this whole thread?

Quote:
I'm just now noticing this response. Please list every idea you suggested to me exactly how you suggested it and let's look at what I vetoed and what I didn't. It's easy to make these accusations and paint this picture of me being an obstructionist, but I want people to be able to look at it concretely and come to their own conclusions. In my view, I implemented the gist of everything you wanted. You might have wanted 20 voting award categories whereas I narrowed it down to 10...I STILL implemented voting awards. You might have wanted to be involved in the staff conversation by having access to the thread whereas I involved you by updating you on the convo via IM and representing your view within the thread. Everything you asked for, I gave it to you in some way shape or form even though it might not have been the exact way you wanted it. You INSISTED on designing the icons yourself. I was the one who suggested you adding some Exclusive awards in the first place then I gave you that icons site to choose from off bat. I even gave and showed you how you can access the modcp and give out awards. Let's keep in mind that I wasn't the one who made you an Exclusive mod in the first place and you attained that post in my absence, yet you hadn't been shown all this. You responded saying you looked at it and you didn't like anything you saw on the icons site and wanted to design your own to which I said "fine." Lol @ doing me a favor and doing my job. I think you're having a Brian Williams moment when it comes to your recollection of all this. I never asked you to design the awards. You insisted on that. So you left the site after the whole Exclusive Mod fiasco. When exactly did you come back? I'm asking so that I know which time period to answer your question of what have I done for the site in your absence. Will you please list every idea you suggested to me exactly how you suggested it so that we may look at what I vetoed and what I didn't and let's measure what you did as Exclusive moderator and whether it was impacted by the sort of obstructionism you describe?
Here's a list of your obstructions on ideas I suggested or things I pushed for:
- Removal of User Titles and Awards for those that won the first PPV even after they had been applied to the winners. Lockhart had actually sent his verse and Dissizit hadn't responded but you still removed his award and title. Danger Rich was the other winner and he never received a verse sent to him so won the title by default.

- I suggested that awards were proactively given out. This would of been a first good step to building value in them. If people don't know about awards they aren't going to chase them. Awards are so discreet at the moment no one gives a fuck about them. They need to be out there, the reinforcement for achieving something award-worthy needs to be as instant as possible. That's how gambling works!

- I suggested that we create a lot of new awards and ones for the forum tourneys as well (remember LBT and ULC? They could of ran with awards). Instead of implementing this you removed the user titles and replaced them with nothing. You allowed me to create two awards for Exclusive Text/Audio King and the Exclusive Tag Team King. You then refused to accept the designs for any of the more general awards - voting and so forth. Have you designed these awards yourself now NOBLE? or just not acted on this entirely?

- You didn't allow me into the conversation about the section I was running. How much of what I said to you was relayed to the staff team I can't confirm or deny... I couldn't see shit. Instead the future of my section was decided by a team of moderators that were hardly even active on the site. Many of which have been demodded now for just that reason.

Those are my four main points of contention. Please don't forget to list what you have done since my absence (time period posted above).

Unread 02-15-2015, 04:26 AM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Honestly bro, this is a waste of my time. You won.
Unread 02-15-2015, 04:26 AM   #99

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Unread 02-15-2015, 04:39 AM
Nicholas

Quote:
This speaks volumes and is probably more meaningful than any response you could of posted. I don't want to "win" I want this site to thrive. You're an intelligent person, I would love to see you channel some of your creativity into the site.
Unread 02-15-2015, 04:39 AM   #100

Nicholas

Quote:
This speaks volumes and is probably more meaningful than any response you could of posted. I don't want to "win" I want this site to thrive. You're an intelligent person, I would love to see you channel some of your creativity into the site.

Tags
getschooled, luna c, murdamuzik, nextgeneration, skizzogotemlike, swagbitch, team ruthless mini