Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Jatho Sups vs yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Tha Czar
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

@RULE well it's half of that reason tbh. Other half is me going back to what I said before about how we have all these tournaments out and nobody is doing anything about it so that forces me to lazy because when I join a tourney, I get motivated to do my best. You have a dope lineup joining and you expected to write your best. However, it's been on the first round for almost a month now and only 2-3 people have submitted and the rest end up no showing for whatever reason. then that motivation is gone. The voting is a bit of a problem but not that big of an issue to me. It's all about getting the right group together. Doesn't mean to self vote but they have those FV Clubs for a reason.

Take that audio topical, say if I did move on to the next round, they are people out here that actually have lives like school, kids, jobs, and some people can't get their verse in on time so they try to have free time I write and sometimes rushed due to deadlines so you end up half-assing it then post it.. then the player glitches and still nothing has yet to be done about it to fix it and I understand that the person involved for it is a busy man himself but I'm sure somewhere down the line, it could be fixed. Idk how it is to fix so I have to take consideration in that as well but either way, motivation is lost again. I can say the last time I was motivated to battle was prolly when I got back from my ban and to regain rep through hard work whether if I win or lose. I planned to join multiple tourneys, battle or tracks, to get back into the groove of things but they end up halting it's process after the first round and it feels like centuries to get it back going. So yeah, pretty much my case.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #31

Tha Czar

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

@RULE well it's half of that reason tbh. Other half is me going back to what I said before about how we have all these tournaments out and nobody is doing anything about it so that forces me to lazy because when I join a tourney, I get motivated to do my best. You have a dope lineup joining and you expected to write your best. However, it's been on the first round for almost a month now and only 2-3 people have submitted and the rest end up no showing for whatever reason. then that motivation is gone. The voting is a bit of a problem but not that big of an issue to me. It's all about getting the right group together. Doesn't mean to self vote but they have those FV Clubs for a reason.

Take that audio topical, say if I did move on to the next round, they are people out here that actually have lives like school, kids, jobs, and some people can't get their verse in on time so they try to have free time I write and sometimes rushed due to deadlines so you end up half-assing it then post it.. then the player glitches and still nothing has yet to be done about it to fix it and I understand that the person involved for it is a busy man himself but I'm sure somewhere down the line, it could be fixed. Idk how it is to fix so I have to take consideration in that as well but either way, motivation is lost again. I can say the last time I was motivated to battle was prolly when I got back from my ban and to regain rep through hard work whether if I win or lose. I planned to join multiple tourneys, battle or tracks, to get back into the groove of things but they end up halting it's process after the first round and it feels like centuries to get it back going. So yeah, pretty much my case.

Unread 08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
SAND
Mentioned: 419 Post(s)
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
88 Won / 58 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

There's no right way for me to answer this.

I feel I'm better at longer line length battles, but I rarely have the motivation to write 32 lines, yet once in a blue moon I'll drop a 32 line open on my other acc & a noob snatches it up, which disheartens me cuz I'm usually just fuckin around & I turn out to have a couple of dope lines here & there, & it's not like I can turn my "Fuck around switch" on & off at a moments notice, otherwise I'd be ranked a bit higher

Anyways, I'm pretty much in the same boat as X
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #32

SAND
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.39/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
88 Won / 58 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 446 text
Mentioned: 419 Post(s)
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)

I feel I'm better at longer line length battles, but I rarely have the motivation to write 32 lines, yet once in a blue moon I'll drop a 32 line open on my other acc & a noob snatches it up, which disheartens me cuz I'm usually just fuckin around & I turn out to have a couple of dope lines here & there, & it's not like I can turn my "Fuck around switch" on & off at a moments notice, otherwise I'd be ranked a bit higher

Unread 08-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Mentioned: 3426 Post(s)
Tagged: 69 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.37/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
But in my last 4 I've beaten people who've repeatedly beaten me a couple months ago. I've been elevating since I started here, and look how many votes me vs. Enfinite got.. FOUR lmao. I'm always asking people to battle, seems like Row, Bleu, Lock are the only ones who're willing to battle me. I've tried to set-up battles, I'm all about putting on a show. You go through all them battles and you try to pull out 1 that I didn't show-up at. Everyone on this site knows I'll go toe-to-toe w/ anyone. I sign up for just about every tournament.
Still tho going on a 4-battle unbeaten run doesnt mean theres a lack of competition.

you start beating these guys EVERY time and i'll concede. But lack of competition aint something i can co-sign atm.

You were talking about that lb needs a king thing earlier. why the hell aint you tryna take it? If i walking into a rumble and all the dudes in it were puny little punks, best believe im walking out with the W. If theres a lack of competition, why arent you the undisputed champ?

go get it obie.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #33

RULE RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.32/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.37/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1977 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
But in my last 4 I've beaten people who've repeatedly beaten me a couple months ago. I've been elevating since I started here, and look how many votes me vs. Enfinite got.. FOUR lmao. I'm always asking people to battle, seems like Row, Bleu, Lock are the only ones who're willing to battle me. I've tried to set-up battles, I'm all about putting on a show. You go through all them battles and you try to pull out 1 that I didn't show-up at. Everyone on this site knows I'll go toe-to-toe w/ anyone. I sign up for just about every tournament.
Still tho going on a 4-battle unbeaten run doesnt mean theres a lack of competition.

you start beating these guys EVERY time and i'll concede. But lack of competition aint something i can co-sign atm.

You were talking about that lb needs a king thing earlier. why the hell aint you tryna take it? If i walking into a rumble and all the dudes in it were puny little punks, best believe im walking out with the W. If theres a lack of competition, why arent you the undisputed champ?

go get it obie.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Obey
Mentioned: 1082 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
135 Won / 56 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post

go get it obie.
I'm gonna try to solidify it during this next GC. Think I'm finding my groove, stay tuned.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #34

Obey
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
135 Won / 56 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 9 audio / 317 text
Mentioned: 1082 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)

Quote:

go get it obie.
I'm gonna try to solidify it during this next GC. Think I'm finding my groove, stay tuned.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Lockhart

I would like to think that I keep a great level of activity going. I've battled 10 times this month against fairly good names across the board (my only loss being @remarK, which is nothing to be ashamed of). However, I look at how I could easily become a Bnas, Snoopy316, or a MaCc type of battler, and I feel that if I become like that, then I will get lazy with my own craft (which I feel I'm slowly starting to find it) and I don't want to risk getting comfortable with being #1 or #2 every month when I should be facing more quality opponents.

And yes I understand that who I face shouldn't change my level of writing for that certain opponent, but the fact is, it does. It does for all of us, and that's a habit that will be hard for ALL of us to kick.

Just my $0.02

EDIT: I also dropped a diss cypher dissing a very, VERY bitch made GC who ducked my 16 (not naming names).

Last edited by Lockhart; 08-25-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #35

Lockhart

I would like to think that I keep a great level of activity going. I've battled 10 times this month against fairly good names across the board (my only loss being @remarK, which is nothing to be ashamed of). However, I look at how I could easily become a Bnas, Snoopy316, or a MaCc type of battler, and I feel that if I become like that, then I will get lazy with my own craft (which I feel I'm slowly starting to find it) and I don't want to risk getting comfortable with being #1 or #2 every month when I should be facing more quality opponents.

And yes I understand that who I face shouldn't change my level of writing for that certain opponent, but the fact is, it does. It does for all of us, and that's a habit that will be hard for ALL of us to kick.

Just my $0.02

EDIT: I also dropped a diss cypher dissing a very, VERY bitch made GC who ducked my 16 (not naming names).

Last edited by Lockhart; 08-25-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Unread 08-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post

dont let a badly-run tourney or a site glitch stop you from competing. i know it can be a pain in the ass but truth be told once tourneys are not the be all and end all of letsbeef. you should wanna write your best every battle. treat it like every battle you do could be the one someone sees/reads that makes them judge YOU. like a wise man once told me, treat every opponent the same, and you'll never be dissapointed in yourself.

put that work in moni. i seen people come back from far more drama than you, to become respected, top tier battlers.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #36

RULE RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!RULE is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post

dont let a badly-run tourney or a site glitch stop you from competing. i know it can be a pain in the ass but truth be told once tourneys are not the be all and end all of letsbeef. you should wanna write your best every battle. treat it like every battle you do could be the one someone sees/reads that makes them judge YOU. like a wise man once told me, treat every opponent the same, and you'll never be dissapointed in yourself.

put that work in moni. i seen people come back from far more drama than you, to become respected, top tier battlers.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarSand View Post

you being better at longer-line battles implies that you could do with improving and lower-length ones.

and they say practice makes perfect... feel me?
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #37

Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarSand View Post

you being better at longer-line battles implies that you could do with improving and lower-length ones.

and they say practice makes perfect... feel me?
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by -James- View Post

Just my $0.02
It doesnt for all of us i can assure you mate. and battling a lot wont make you lazy unless you allow it to do so.

Find the flaws in your writing and focus soely on them when you write. Bad at scheming? then make your next 8 a scheme verse. bad at wordplay? then get that wordplay on!

battling alot doesnt make you lazy, nor less skilled. As long as you continue to push yourself to better your weaknesses.

1/
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #38

Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 5 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Ranked Text Record
187 Won / 34 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
11 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by -James- View Post

Just my $0.02
It doesnt for all of us i can assure you mate. and battling a lot wont make you lazy unless you allow it to do so.

Find the flaws in your writing and focus soely on them when you write. Bad at scheming? then make your next 8 a scheme verse. bad at wordplay? then get that wordplay on!

battling alot doesnt make you lazy, nor less skilled. As long as you continue to push yourself to better your weaknesses.

1/
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Lockhart

Quote:

1/
I'm afraid that creating wordplay is my biggest crutch, so I'm going to hop on that.
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #39

Lockhart

Quote:

1/
I'm afraid that creating wordplay is my biggest crutch, so I'm going to hop on that.

Unread 08-25-2014, 06:44 PM
FiNAL WoRD
Live Battler
Discord Battler
Mentioned: 860 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to FiNAL WoRD
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 20 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
40 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

if @RULE co-runs the LBA with me or a mod so people will actually hop in then i could assure some sort of activity.. i mean its almost been 3 months and none of the mods have picked the lba up and ran with it? 2 events a month in the lba with a proving ground.. j.s... and fuck it i also vouche to be more active coming this month.. i will be droppin battles and making callout threads.. that is all
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #40

FiNAL WoRD
Live Battler
Discord Battler
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 20 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.73/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
40 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 188 audio / 156 text
Mentioned: 860 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)

Send a message via MSN to FiNAL WoRD

if @RULE co-runs the LBA with me or a mod so people will actually hop in then i could assure some sort of activity.. i mean its almost been 3 months and none of the mods have picked the lba up and ran with it? 2 events a month in the lba with a proving ground.. j.s... and fuck it i also vouche to be more active coming this month.. i will be droppin battles and making callout threads.. that is all