Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Jatho Sups vs yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
5 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

View Poll Results: Was This Useful and Will it keep Letsbeef free from "Dickriders" and "Hate Voters&quo
YES 5 71.43%
NO 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List
Adubs KiloG, AfterThought, izayamoorman, josh, Just C, Manhattan, Mayneak, Phoenix, Sini, The Dope Man, Wordsmithh

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:03 AM
THUGGED ON HIM
Banned
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
78 Won / 8 Lost
Default VOTING Essentials - for Text and Audio Battles

Since me and @Adubs KiloG lost a battle just cuz some "NOOB" who also turned out to be a "compulsive liar and a biter" and had a Higher Voting Power voted us a 3 and a 4 even when the opponent had some basic rhymes and a cypher verse whereas we had a battle verse and tough multies,im taking out my time and making this thread just to IMPROVE THE VOTING SYSTEM HERE and to keep it FREE from DICKRIDERS,NOOBS and HATE VOTERS..!!!

Thus,i want YOU ALL TO DECIDE the OUTCOME of these battles.Here are the links-

My Battle against Fitzyy- http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=439842
Adibs battle against Lil Jones- http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=440664

Its the same noob and a hate voter who is also a "Proven Biter".So how the fuck can he have a higher voting power?Almost every Vet "Has a Problem" with the "Way He Votes".

@AfterThought, @Just €,please take this into consideration and please take some action.Im doing this just to keep it free from dickriders and hate voters.

Hope ya’ll read this thoroughly before voting.

These are detailed guidelines on how a REAL serious and responsible Vote in a Text Battle ought to be approached.
We don't quite have such an experienced and legitimate Voting 'base' as yet, still this is how it's done - the closer these guidelines are followed - is directly proportional to the Respect your Battling Site/Forum earns - Voting of high quality makes or breaks a Battling group.
Strive for excellence & perfection - if the effort is sincere, the results can only be positive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bar-By-Bar b/d (b/d = Breaking Down a Vote) :

A Bar-By-Bar breakdown is one in which each BAR (1 Bar = 2 Lines in the general sense), is “broken down”…i.e. analysed on the basis of it’s merit. This is the best way of breaking down bars although it’s kinda time consuming. A complete bar is given a SCORE outta 5 POINTS in this b/d method. 2 points for line 1 of the bar (The primary punch),and 3 Points are allotted for the MAIN PUNCH which is the LAST Line (i.e. Line 2) of the bar.

Remember,the MAIN PUNCH should ALWAYS be the strongest punch in the bar or else points decrease. This is the reason why points for the main punch are given outta 3. The top punch even if itz superhot will account for only 2 points at the most…because the Main Punchline is always supposed to come at the end as the human mind always expects excitement at the end part….even in the movies,it’s the CLIMAX that has the most action and fun and importance,even in Novels,e.t.c.

Each line must be analysed on the basis of it’s SET-UP,PUNCH,WORDPLAY (where pronunciation should be perfect),PERSONALS,and METAS (which is actually considered a part of wordplay on many sites)…Remember,mere wordplay with correct pronunciation is NOT ENOUGH. It should CONNECT with all it’s RELATED USES and the PUNCH. Only then does it have any value.
Same can be said about Metas.

Similarly,HOT Punchlines,and Embarrasing Personal Information converted to a SOLID PUNCH are the things that are rated the highest.i.e. Punches,Personals & Wordplay (Well Executed), are the parts in a bar which determine its score as all of em hold the TOP MOST priority in the battle as far as the bar score is concerned.
Rest of the categories such as Multies,Flow hold less relevance and are generally used when all the battlers have verses that match up to each other,to judge the more quality verse.

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions) >>>

Q. What Are/About 'Expos'?

A. Expos (i.e. Explanations) are used in places where the punch consists of complex concepts that the voters don’t understand. Long expos may be ok in places where the voters are noobs / dyslexic / autistic but definitely not in places where there are vets to vote.

An expo should never be longer than a line…or just a slight bit more. Expos SHOULD NEVER BE LONGER THAN THE BARS THEMSELVES,coz it puts a very very poor impression on the voters and DRAMATICALLY brings down your bar score (no matter how hot your punch is)

Although this is for the voters,even the battlers should keep in mind that when writing expos,only mention things that are REALLY Difficult concepts,don’t write “this was wordplay”,”Look ! I just did a nameplay on him!”,”It’s a personal,did you know that?”,”I thot I chaw a pussy cat!”,”I did!! I did saw a pussy cat!!!”

Q. What are/about "PLAYED" Punchlines?

A. First, I hope yall know the difference between a PLAYED concept and something that’s BITTEN. A BITTEN Verse / Line / Concept is a line or a concept which has been STOLEN from someone else’s verse. Generally,one look at the stolen line and the original verse gives one a clear idea whether the idea was LIFTED or not.Biting is illegal in any rap battle on any damn forum (even Letsbeef, I think).

However,a PLAYED concept is a wordplay,metaphor which has already been used and the battler uses it again unknowingly into his bars. Played concepts BRING DOWN the Bar Score UNLESS the played concept is used in a completely different way…

e.g. A recent verse, used the d’FEET / Defeat wordplay without knowing that it was already played. Still it DID NOT bring down the Bar Score coz it was used in a totally fresh way….It was written as : “I’ll bring him INCH-BY-INCH towards Kissing d’FEET / defeat”…which was a totally new take on the previously used wordplay. However if the concept is used in the same manner that previous battlers have used it,the bar score comes down quick.

Q. Does consistency play a role?

A. Yes, for e.g a battler who churns out 3 to 3.5 rated bars consistently deserves the win more than someone who writes a 1.5 bar, then a 4 bar, then again a 2.5 bar and writes punches in such a manner.

Q. What is 'RECYCLING'?

A. Recycling is when a battler decides to reuse punchlines/concepts OF HIS OWN from his previous battles. It’s Illegal on most rap forums.But it can be allowed if a Battle IS GLITCHED.

Q. Is a personal considered powerful if it can’t be proved?

A. NO. A personal MUST be proved either by giving links after the battle itself or producing SOLID proof upon voter’s request. Otherwise a personal has No meaning.None at all.

Q. What is a 'SELF-DISS', and how does it affect the bar score?

A. A self diss is basically dissing yourself (knowingly or unknowingly) and it KILLS your BAR ( The whole self diss line generates ZERO points and if both lines from the bar are self disses,the whole bar gets a 0 score ) . To put it simply…..SELF DISS = SUICIDE!!!

Q. How do I judge bars which are longer than the generally accepted length…i.e. 2 lines?

A. First,check how the punchlines are written and divide the bar parts mentally (logically) into two parts using your common sense. Then give the top punchline a score from 2 Points by rating the punches so that the score of two is divided EQUALLY and FAIRLY within the punches. Do the same with the Main Punchline (this time with 3 Points being equally divided amongst the punches) and you get the complete bar score.

--------------------------------------------
Categorical Breakdown >>> "Cat b/d" :

In a categorized breakdown,you just have to write or copy-paste these categories for the battle and write the name of the battler who won the category. At the end of the vote,there is an “Overall” cat which generates the winner based on the results.In a diss battle,the MOST important categories are the PUNCHES,PERSONALS,and WORDPLAY and any player calling the shots in these categories is generally the winner.

But you must be careful with your judgement.Cases exist where a player has been able to win a whole battle even by getting just ONE of them THREE cats just by his PERFECTION in that category.Ultimately,judgements and results depend upon the bar quality.The other categories such as Multies,Flow e.t.c. are insignificant and to be used only in case of a Tie.If no player wins a particular category you must specify NONE in front of the cat,and if BOTH players come EQUAL,you specify BOTH or TIE for that cat.The categories for various types of battles are listed below >>>

The Major Cats For EACH “TYPE” OF BATTLE are given in BOLD :

DISS BATTLE
----------------
PUNCHES:
PERSONALS:
WORDPLAY:
Complexity:
Multies:
Flow:
Enjoyment:
CONSISTENCY:

Overall:
----------
P.S. >>> Some people choose to list “Metas” as a different category (which is very correct technically) while some people prefer incorporating it in wordplay. The first THREE categories that’ve been listed determine the battle outcome.

HORROR CORE BATTLE:
-----------------------------
GORE:
PUNCHES:
Multies:
Complexity:
CONSISTENCY:
ENJOYMENT:
Flow:

Overall:
----------

TOPICAL BATTLE :
----------------------
TOPIC:
IMAGERY:
EMOTION:
Vocab:
COMPLEXITY:
Multies:
Flow:
Enjoyment:
CONSISTENCY:

Overall:
-----------

AUDIO BATTLE :
--------------------
PUNCHES:
PERSONALS:
DELIVERY:
MIC PRESENCE:
FLOW:
Multies:
Mixing:
Beats:
Enjoyment:
Consistency:
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #1

THUGGED ON HIM
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
78 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Default VOTING Essentials - for Text and Audio Battles

Since me and @Adubs KiloG lost a battle just cuz some "NOOB" who also turned out to be a "compulsive liar and a biter" and had a Higher Voting Power voted us a 3 and a 4 even when the opponent had some basic rhymes and a cypher verse whereas we had a battle verse and tough multies,im taking out my time and making this thread just to IMPROVE THE VOTING SYSTEM HERE and to keep it FREE from DICKRIDERS,NOOBS and HATE VOTERS..!!!

Thus,i want YOU ALL TO DECIDE the OUTCOME of these battles.Here are the links-

My Battle against Fitzyy- http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=439842
Adibs battle against Lil Jones- http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=tb&id=440664

Its the same noob and a hate voter who is also a "Proven Biter".So how the fuck can he have a higher voting power?Almost every Vet "Has a Problem" with the "Way He Votes".

@AfterThought, @Just €,please take this into consideration and please take some action.Im doing this just to keep it free from dickriders and hate voters.

Hope ya’ll read this thoroughly before voting.

These are detailed guidelines on how a REAL serious and responsible Vote in a Text Battle ought to be approached.
We don't quite have such an experienced and legitimate Voting 'base' as yet, still this is how it's done - the closer these guidelines are followed - is directly proportional to the Respect your Battling Site/Forum earns - Voting of high quality makes or breaks a Battling group.
Strive for excellence & perfection - if the effort is sincere, the results can only be positive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bar-By-Bar b/d (b/d = Breaking Down a Vote) :

A Bar-By-Bar breakdown is one in which each BAR (1 Bar = 2 Lines in the general sense), is “broken down”…i.e. analysed on the basis of it’s merit. This is the best way of breaking down bars although it’s kinda time consuming. A complete bar is given a SCORE outta 5 POINTS in this b/d method. 2 points for line 1 of the bar (The primary punch),and 3 Points are allotted for the MAIN PUNCH which is the LAST Line (i.e. Line 2) of the bar.

Remember,the MAIN PUNCH should ALWAYS be the strongest punch in the bar or else points decrease. This is the reason why points for the main punch are given outta 3. The top punch even if itz superhot will account for only 2 points at the most…because the Main Punchline is always supposed to come at the end as the human mind always expects excitement at the end part….even in the movies,it’s the CLIMAX that has the most action and fun and importance,even in Novels,e.t.c.

Each line must be analysed on the basis of it’s SET-UP,PUNCH,WORDPLAY (where pronunciation should be perfect),PERSONALS,and METAS (which is actually considered a part of wordplay on many sites)…Remember,mere wordplay with correct pronunciation is NOT ENOUGH. It should CONNECT with all it’s RELATED USES and the PUNCH. Only then does it have any value.
Same can be said about Metas.

Similarly,HOT Punchlines,and Embarrasing Personal Information converted to a SOLID PUNCH are the things that are rated the highest.i.e. Punches,Personals & Wordplay (Well Executed), are the parts in a bar which determine its score as all of em hold the TOP MOST priority in the battle as far as the bar score is concerned.
Rest of the categories such as Multies,Flow hold less relevance and are generally used when all the battlers have verses that match up to each other,to judge the more quality verse.

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions) >>>

Q. What Are/About 'Expos'?

A. Expos (i.e. Explanations) are used in places where the punch consists of complex concepts that the voters don’t understand. Long expos may be ok in places where the voters are noobs / dyslexic / autistic but definitely not in places where there are vets to vote.

An expo should never be longer than a line…or just a slight bit more. Expos SHOULD NEVER BE LONGER THAN THE BARS THEMSELVES,coz it puts a very very poor impression on the voters and DRAMATICALLY brings down your bar score (no matter how hot your punch is)

Although this is for the voters,even the battlers should keep in mind that when writing expos,only mention things that are REALLY Difficult concepts,don’t write “this was wordplay”,”Look ! I just did a nameplay on him!”,”It’s a personal,did you know that?”,”I thot I chaw a pussy cat!”,”I did!! I did saw a pussy cat!!!”

Q. What are/about "PLAYED" Punchlines?

A. First, I hope yall know the difference between a PLAYED concept and something that’s BITTEN. A BITTEN Verse / Line / Concept is a line or a concept which has been STOLEN from someone else’s verse. Generally,one look at the stolen line and the original verse gives one a clear idea whether the idea was LIFTED or not.Biting is illegal in any rap battle on any damn forum (even Letsbeef, I think).

However,a PLAYED concept is a wordplay,metaphor which has already been used and the battler uses it again unknowingly into his bars. Played concepts BRING DOWN the Bar Score UNLESS the played concept is used in a completely different way…

e.g. A recent verse, used the d’FEET / Defeat wordplay without knowing that it was already played. Still it DID NOT bring down the Bar Score coz it was used in a totally fresh way….It was written as : “I’ll bring him INCH-BY-INCH towards Kissing d’FEET / defeat”…which was a totally new take on the previously used wordplay. However if the concept is used in the same manner that previous battlers have used it,the bar score comes down quick.

Q. Does consistency play a role?

A. Yes, for e.g a battler who churns out 3 to 3.5 rated bars consistently deserves the win more than someone who writes a 1.5 bar, then a 4 bar, then again a 2.5 bar and writes punches in such a manner.

Q. What is 'RECYCLING'?

A. Recycling is when a battler decides to reuse punchlines/concepts OF HIS OWN from his previous battles. It’s Illegal on most rap forums.But it can be allowed if a Battle IS GLITCHED.

Q. Is a personal considered powerful if it can’t be proved?

A. NO. A personal MUST be proved either by giving links after the battle itself or producing SOLID proof upon voter’s request. Otherwise a personal has No meaning.None at all.

Q. What is a 'SELF-DISS', and how does it affect the bar score?

A. A self diss is basically dissing yourself (knowingly or unknowingly) and it KILLS your BAR ( The whole self diss line generates ZERO points and if both lines from the bar are self disses,the whole bar gets a 0 score ) . To put it simply…..SELF DISS = SUICIDE!!!

Q. How do I judge bars which are longer than the generally accepted length…i.e. 2 lines?

A. First,check how the punchlines are written and divide the bar parts mentally (logically) into two parts using your common sense. Then give the top punchline a score from 2 Points by rating the punches so that the score of two is divided EQUALLY and FAIRLY within the punches. Do the same with the Main Punchline (this time with 3 Points being equally divided amongst the punches) and you get the complete bar score.

Categorical Breakdown >>> "Cat b/d" :

In a categorized breakdown,you just have to write or copy-paste these categories for the battle and write the name of the battler who won the category. At the end of the vote,there is an “Overall” cat which generates the winner based on the results.In a diss battle,the MOST important categories are the PUNCHES,PERSONALS,and WORDPLAY and any player calling the shots in these categories is generally the winner.

But you must be careful with your judgement.Cases exist where a player has been able to win a whole battle even by getting just ONE of them THREE cats just by his PERFECTION in that category.Ultimately,judgements and results depend upon the bar quality.The other categories such as Multies,Flow e.t.c. are insignificant and to be used only in case of a Tie.If no player wins a particular category you must specify NONE in front of the cat,and if BOTH players come EQUAL,you specify BOTH or TIE for that cat.The categories for various types of battles are listed below >>>

The Major Cats For EACH “TYPE” OF BATTLE are given in BOLD :

DISS BATTLE
----------------
PUNCHES:
PERSONALS:
WORDPLAY:
Complexity:
Multies:
Flow:
Enjoyment:
CONSISTENCY:

Overall:
----------
P.S. >>> Some people choose to list “Metas” as a different category (which is very correct technically) while some people prefer incorporating it in wordplay. The first THREE categories that’ve been listed determine the battle outcome.

HORROR CORE BATTLE:
-----------------------------
GORE:
PUNCHES:
Multies:
Complexity:
CONSISTENCY:
ENJOYMENT:
Flow:

Overall:
----------

TOPICAL BATTLE :