Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-28-2019, 10:55 AM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default recycling verses

so i wasn't told sometimes this month that it's ok to recycle a verse for audio to text or text to audio. since i learned about it, i really didn't do anything with it. i didn't see any need to recycle.

with ill mania happening i figured, i'll write a shit ton of bars and use them to snipe opens or battle people. so every time i used a bar i would write (used in audio) or (used in text) to let me know where i've used the bars before and then i would recycle it. (in theory) i only did this on two battles before people noticed and weren't too happy about it.

even though it's not against the rules, i can see it's highly looked down upon and i myself won't be doing that going forward, just to avoid people voting against me.

i just wanted to clear up one thing, and that's that i wasn't cheating. i was only trying it out to help me get points faster for ill mania. sorry for the confusion.

for all those people out there int he future who want to recycle perhaps old text punches into audio, i suggest you wait a while and re write them to a certain extent.
Unread 01-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #1

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default recycling verses

so i wasn't told sometimes this month that it's ok to recycle a verse for audio to text or text to audio. since i learned about it, i really didn't do anything with it. i didn't see any need to recycle.

with ill mania happening i figured, i'll write a shit ton of bars and use them to snipe opens or battle people. so every time i used a bar i would write (used in audio) or (used in text) to let me know where i've used the bars before and then i would recycle it. (in theory) i only did this on two battles before people noticed and weren't too happy about it.

even though it's not against the rules, i can see it's highly looked down upon and i myself won't be doing that going forward, just to avoid people voting against me.

i just wanted to clear up one thing, and that's that i wasn't cheating. i was only trying it out to help me get points faster for ill mania. sorry for the confusion.

for all those people out there int he future who want to recycle perhaps old text punches into audio, i suggest you wait a while and re write them to a certain extent.

Unread 01-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Aggo

I'll jump on this dumpster fire. I said it was ok to recycle cross platform as I thought that was the ruling however long ago. Some have said it's a one way street and audio to text is no go. That sounds dumb to me but I could be wrong. However audio seems to be making a comeback. Maybe it's time to go back to "no recycling" period.
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #2

Aggo

I'll jump on this dumpster fire. I said it was ok to recycle cross platform as I thought that was the ruling however long ago. Some have said it's a one way street and audio to text is no go. That sounds dumb to me but I could be wrong. However audio seems to be making a comeback. Maybe it's time to go back to "no recycling" period.

Unread 01-28-2019, 11:46 AM
lllllllllllll

Seriously just write new material. Jesus Christ, lazy whores
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #3

lllllllllllll

Unread 01-28-2019, 11:51 AM
KG The Prince
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

^ This. If it's been used in a battle already, then reusing that shit's a big no no

Unread 01-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #4

KG The Prince
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 106 audio / 857 text
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)

^ This. If it's been used in a battle already, then reusing that shit's a big no no

Unread 01-28-2019, 11:58 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
that's easy for people to say when they've battled like 20 times. but either way you all missed the entire point of my post. i'm just saying i was told it was fine, i did it, people said it wasn't fine, won't do it again. simple as that.
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:58 AM   #5

joan of arc

Quote:
that's easy for people to say when they've battled like 20 times. but either way you all missed the entire point of my post. i'm just saying i was told it was fine, i did it, people said it wasn't fine, won't do it again. simple as that.

Unread 01-28-2019, 02:06 PM
lllllllllllll

The point of my post is, who cares? Why is it thread worthy? And lastly, who cares?
Unread 01-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #6

lllllllllllll

The point of my post is, who cares? Why is it thread worthy? And lastly, who cares?

Unread 01-28-2019, 02:10 PM
Nicholas

It's not against the rules to recycle between formats and if you think we don't need every incentive for people to post more battles then you haven't been on the site long or you have a short memory.
Unread 01-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #7

Nicholas

It's not against the rules to recycle between formats and if you think we don't need every incentive for people to post more battles then you haven't been on the site long or you have a short memory.

Unread 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM
EtH

I think its ridiculous and should be officially against the rules (it was once as I battled Afterthought or someone who had used bars against me that were already in an audio and I had to reject an autowin).

It's just not needed. The bars have already been seen and given feedback on. It doesn't make any sense to allow it.

This isn't anything on guts at all. I just don't see what the difference is between recycling bars in a different format and recycling bars in the same format. Recycling is recycling.
Unread 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #8

EtH

I think its ridiculous and should be officially against the rules (it was once as I battled Afterthought or someone who had used bars against me that were already in an audio and I had to reject an autowin).

It's just not needed. The bars have already been seen and given feedback on. It doesn't make any sense to allow it.

This isn't anything on guts at all. I just don't see what the difference is between recycling bars in a different format and recycling bars in the same format. Recycling is recycling.

Unread 01-28-2019, 02:42 PM
Aggo

It was allowed as audio arena was severely lacking in activity and it was thought that if people could use their text verses there that it would bolster that activity. The audio arena has had somewhat of a renaissance lately so that need may no longer exist, at least not to the same extent. I'm cool with saying enough with that, but we would have to have some kind of agreement either site wide or at least with staff.
Unread 01-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #9

Aggo

It was allowed as audio arena was severely lacking in activity and it was thought that if people could use their text verses there that it would bolster that activity. The audio arena has had somewhat of a renaissance lately so that need may no longer exist, at least not to the same extent. I'm cool with saying enough with that, but we would have to have some kind of agreement either site wide or at least with staff.

Unread 01-28-2019, 03:06 PM
Dysfunctional
Mentioned: 539 Post(s)
Tagged: 15 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 45 Lost

Quote:
Talk that shit this why im cheesed im losing lol Its not that bad if its generic bars but its literal nameflips for someone else on me xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzooka View Post
I'm serving you multi's that are superior to yours
Unread 01-28-2019, 03:06 PM   #10

Dysfunctional
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 45 Lost

Voted: 14 audio / 198 text
Mentioned: 539 Post(s)
Tagged: 15 Thread(s)

Quote:
Talk that shit this why im cheesed im losing lol Its not that bad if its generic bars but its literal nameflips for someone else on me xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzooka View Post
I'm serving you multi's that are superior to yours