Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Exclamation Anybody wanna train?

Im back around for a bit here.

Figured id setup another training thread, in case anybody wanted to ask some questions or get some help. Im willing to give some feedback or offer some advice so, take advantage of it while im around.

Anybody down?
Unread 05-17-2019, 09:47 PM   #1

Skizzo
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 2 audio / 40 text

Exclamation Anybody wanna train?

Im back around for a bit here.

Figured id setup another training thread, in case anybody wanted to ask some questions or get some help. Im willing to give some feedback or offer some advice so, take advantage of it while im around.

Anybody down?
Unread 05-17-2019, 10:16 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

got me down. rest of EoA as well.
Unread 05-17-2019, 10:16 PM   #2

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

got me down. rest of EoA as well.

Unread 05-17-2019, 10:28 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Ok.

What do yall wanna train on?
Unread 05-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #3

Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Ok.

What do yall wanna train on?
Unread 05-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

How can I fix broken multi's in my verses?
Unread 05-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #4

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)

How can I fix broken multi's in my verses?
Unread 05-17-2019, 11:33 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Show me what you mean and i'll help you out brother
Unread 05-17-2019, 11:33 PM   #5

Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Show me what you mean and i'll help you out brother
Unread 05-18-2019, 01:05 AM
joan of arc

our biggest issues with our rookies is understanding what a punch is, and then executing it. they have issues with wording, logic, and just being clean in general. they don't need creativity lessons, more so just a great understanding of executing their verses.

for myself i need to work on building bigger punches over many lines, and wording my setups better to help with the strength of the punch.
Unread 05-18-2019, 01:05 AM   #6

joan of arc

our biggest issues with our rookies is understanding what a punch is, and then executing it. they have issues with wording, logic, and just being clean in general. they don't need creativity lessons, more so just a great understanding of executing their verses.

for myself i need to work on building bigger punches over many lines, and wording my setups better to help with the strength of the punch.

Unread 05-18-2019, 02:29 AM
Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

@Student - Can you please link us the punchline and wordplay tutorials I did here in Letsbeef. I can't seem to find them.

Those will help a lot with setup and wordplays and punchlines. I broke them down fully in two parts.

With the wording stuff, thatll be hard to just say "word it like this or that", because every verse is different in terms of what youre aiming for. More wordplays? More punchlines? A more personal filled verse? More metaphors? You going with a humor verse? A "grown man bars" verse? Etc etc. Each of those verses and styles are worded completely different, as far as techniques and styles.

aside from trying to get the tutorials ive done on punchlines and wordplays, I would need yall to drop a specific verse so I can see what yallz personal styles is more geared towards on the rest. Unless yall have specific questions about the tutorials themselves, or about tutorials I havent covered
Unread 05-18-2019, 02:29 AM   #7

Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

@Student - Can you please link us the punchline and wordplay tutorials I did here in Letsbeef. I can't seem to find them.

Those will help a lot with setup and wordplays and punchlines. I broke them down fully in two parts.

With the wording stuff, thatll be hard to just say "word it like this or that", because every verse is different in terms of what youre aiming for. More wordplays? More punchlines? A more personal filled verse? More metaphors? You going with a humor verse? A "grown man bars" verse? Etc etc. Each of those verses and styles are worded completely different, as far as techniques and styles.

aside from trying to get the tutorials ive done on punchlines and wordplays, I would need yall to drop a specific verse so I can see what yallz personal styles is more geared towards on the rest. Unless yall have specific questions about the tutorials themselves, or about tutorials I havent covered
Unread 05-18-2019, 02:44 AM
joan of arc

my verse:

he claimed he was 'beastly with beef' and on this SITE YOU'LL THROW HANDS i'll make this 'piggy eat those words' cause if you thought that kg on the MIC"LL GO HAM nah, he'll just 'rehearse wild claims to buff his sentence' like MICHEAL COHAN see this tweaker 'rip metal and make cash' cause he was stealin a COPPER STASH yea kg's had some hard times, he even asked hvk to be his PROPER DAD he'll try to 'rub off on that old dude' to be given a 'happy ending' like ROBERT KRAFT and his new name fits, cause 'lil kilo' we KNOW YOUR WRITTENS WERE only 'increased in small incraments' like the GLOBAL TEMPERATURE

this isn't my best work but it's a small example of my style. i like to use current events and i try to avoid gun bars. looking for any suggestions or feedback
Unread 05-18-2019, 02:44 AM   #8

joan of arc

my verse:

he claimed he was 'beastly with beef' and on this SITE YOU'LL THROW HANDS i'll make this 'piggy eat those words' cause if you thought that kg on the MIC"LL GO HAM nah, he'll just 'rehearse wild claims to buff his sentence' like MICHEAL COHAN see this tweaker 'rip metal and make cash' cause he was stealin a COPPER STASH yea kg's had some hard times, he even asked hvk to be his PROPER DAD he'll try to 'rub off on that old dude' to be given a 'happy ending' like ROBERT KRAFT and his new name fits, cause 'lil kilo' we KNOW YOUR WRITTENS WERE only 'increased in small incraments' like the GLOBAL TEMPERATURE

this isn't my best work but it's a small example of my style. i like to use current events and i try to avoid gun bars. looking for any suggestions or feedback

Unread 05-22-2019, 09:18 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Exclamation

Alright.
Sorry it took me so long to resply to this, I've been busy lately. But here goes fam.

he claimed he was 'beastly with beef' and on this SITE YOU'LL THROW HANDS i'll make this 'piggy eat those words' cause if you thought that kg on the MIC"LL GO HAM, nah, he'll just 'rehearse wild claims to buff his sentence' like MICHEAL COHAN! see this tweaker 'rip metal and make cash' cause he was stealin a COPPER STASH yea kg's had some hard times, he even asked hvk to be his PROPER DAD he'll try to 'rub off on that old dude' to be given a 'happy ending' like ROBERT KRAFT and his new name fits, cause 'lil kilo' we KNOW YOUR WRITTENS WERE only 'increased in small incraments' like the GLOBAL TEMPERATURE!

First of all, Pigs are pork, not "beef", so the wordplay setup "beastly with beef" doesn't have any connection to anything you've done here in the concept. In doing so, it comes off as filler and just unnecessary / useless. The Multi's match, but you're lack of punchline reference within those multis just seems like you're wasting them here bro. Aside from that, you're using terms like "piggy eat those words", which is a term that you wouldn't and shouldn't use regardless. They come off as corny. All of these mistakes are dragging down the concepts that you're trying to execute here. The last part about rehearsing wild claims, that part fit, but the "buff" part of the wordplay setup here didn't do anything to strengthen your concept so it was again, just filler. The sentence part fit nicely with the concept but overall, that wordplay could've been used much MUCH better to make the concept hit a lot harder. I also noticed that most of your wordplays are extremely simplistic. Piggy / Go ham, beastly / animal reference etc etc. You have a really hard time using wordplays and setups to your advantage in order to execute your concepts effectively. I noticed this in most of your bars, except for the robert kraft line. The reason that bar hit so much harder than everything else you tried here, was because the wordplays "Rub off on" and "Happy ending" were used and setup properly with the personal going along with it.

When using concepts, most of the ones you used were stand alone, and extremely simplistic. But with those two specific lines, You properly setup the personal as well as executed a more complex wordplay setup, and by the time you got to executing the punchline reference that was within the multi, it hit so much cleaner and harder.

So, my suggestion on fixing that verse would be to go back and try to execute a more thought out structure to your concepts and setups so that they all work with each other and set each other properly.

Hope this helps! @g u t s
Unread 05-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #9

Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclamation

Alright.
Sorry it took me so long to resply to this, I've been busy lately. But here goes fam.

he claimed he was 'beastly with beef' and on this SITE YOU'LL THROW HANDS i'll make this 'piggy eat those words' cause if you thought that kg on the MIC"LL GO HAM, nah, he'll just 'rehearse wild claims to buff his sentence' like MICHEAL COHAN! see this tweaker 'rip metal and make cash' cause he was stealin a COPPER STASH yea kg's had some hard times, he even asked hvk to be his PROPER DAD he'll try to 'rub off on that old dude' to be given a 'happy ending' like ROBERT KRAFT and his new name fits, cause 'lil kilo' we KNOW YOUR WRITTENS WERE only 'increased in small incraments' like the GLOBAL TEMPERATURE!

First of all, Pigs are pork, not "beef", so the wordplay setup "beastly with beef" doesn't have any connection to anything you've done here in the concept. In doing so, it comes off as filler and just unnecessary / useless. The Multi's match, but you're lack of punchline reference within those multis just seems like you're wasting them here bro. Aside from that, you're using terms like "piggy eat those words", which is a term that you wouldn't and shouldn't use regardless. They come off as corny. All of these mistakes are dragging down the concepts that you're trying to execute here. The last part about rehearsing wild claims, that part fit, but the "buff" part of the wordplay setup here didn't do anything to strengthen your concept so it was again, just filler. The sentence part fit nicely with the concept but overall, that wordplay could've been used much MUCH better to make the concept hit a lot harder. I also noticed that most of your wordplays are extremely simplistic. Piggy / Go ham, beastly / animal reference etc etc. You have a really hard time using wordplays and setups to your advantage in order to execute your concepts effectively. I noticed this in most of your bars, except for the robert kraft line. The reason that bar hit so much harder than everything else you tried here, was because the wordplays "Rub off on" and "Happy ending" were used and setup properly with the personal going along with it.

When using concepts, most of the ones you used were stand alone, and extremely simplistic. But with those two specific lines, You properly setup the personal as well as executed a more complex wordplay setup, and by the time you got to executing the punchline reference that was within the multi, it hit so much cleaner and harder.

So, my suggestion on fixing that verse would be to go back and try to execute a more thought out structure to your concepts and setups so that they all work with each other and set each other properly.

Hope this helps! @g u t s
Unread 05-22-2019, 09:46 PM
joan of arc

yea for sure man, i think i need to start gettin rid of all things that aren't related to the punch. i have lots of filler. like in all my lines, the first lines a diss, and the seond line is the full bar. thanks for the review skizz
Unread 05-22-2019, 09:46 PM   #10

joan of arc

yea for sure man, i think i need to start gettin rid of all things that aren't related to the punch. i have lots of filler. like in all my lines, the first lines a diss, and the seond line is the full bar. thanks for the review skizz