Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Jatho Sups vs yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
5 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Punk
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul El Chivo View Post
That's part of the problem but the community itself is to blame as well. We let all types of new immature & shady characters run the site and got away from the traditions & standards that made this site have some grounding in reality. Which comes back to the people at the very top who put the dumbasses in charge and didn't see anything wrong with it
How did WE let immature and shady people run the site? The members don’t vote on who becomes staff, staff does....

The members are the ones who complain about staff.
Unread 08-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #11

Punk

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
That's part of the problem but the community itself is to blame as well. We let all types of new immature & shady characters run the site and got away from the traditions & standards that made this site have some grounding in reality. Which comes back to the people at the very top who put the dumbasses in charge and didn't see anything wrong with it
How did WE let immature and shady people run the site? The members don’t vote on who becomes staff, staff does....

The members are the ones who complain about staff.

Unread 08-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
All I’m asking for is something small man.... More screenshots on what’s newly added to V4 since the last dev X posted. Something SMALL..

I’m basically trying to save this site with threads right now. I understand me complaining is annoying but it’s legit the only way I can get people to post on the site right now.

You say if the old members wanna leave then leave... How exactly does that work when you have no new members replacing them?

Give the community an update on the update.
This was suggested before X decided to kick everyone from the staff forums. He clearly hasn't delivered on it.

It's OK if the core fan base leave the site because when the new site is up people will flood in right? It's a comedy of errors. There is only one outcome here and that's the death of the site. It's unpreventable without a change in ownership, the void between where they need to be at and where they are at is just way too big to fill.

Quote:
That's definitely another factor. Which is why I resigned from staff. I was overruled when it came to banning people that thought it was acceptable to interfere with people's offline lives.

EDIT:
Punk also has a point. I don't think the staff were dumb asses. Just unmotivated due to a lack of leadership. That leads to bad decisions.
Unread 08-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #12

Nicholas

Quote:
All I’m asking for is something small man.... More screenshots on what’s newly added to V4 since the last dev X posted. Something SMALL..

I’m basically trying to save this site with threads right now. I understand me complaining is annoying but it’s legit the only way I can get people to post on the site right now.

You say if the old members wanna leave then leave... How exactly does that work when you have no new members replacing them?

Give the community an update on the update.
This was suggested before X decided to kick everyone from the staff forums. He clearly hasn't delivered on it.

It's OK if the core fan base leave the site because when the new site is up people will flood in right? It's a comedy of errors. There is only one outcome here and that's the death of the site. It's unpreventable without a change in ownership, the void between where they need to be at and where they are at is just way too big to fill.

Quote:
That's definitely another factor. Which is why I resigned from staff. I was overruled when it came to banning people that thought it was acceptable to interfere with people's offline lives.

EDIT:
Punk also has a point. I don't think the staff were dumb asses. Just unmotivated due to a lack of leadership. That leads to bad decisions.

Unread 08-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Azul El Chivo

Staff was corrupt. The few respectable staff members got shunned and left. Most of staff was way too new to the site to even be in the position of staff and that's how you know shit was going downhill. All our criteria and integrity has gone out the window over the years and this is the end result. It is on the community / members but mostly the ownership because they should ultimately be the ones with the vision for the site if it's going to succeed, even if they need someone to give them that vision they should have it and believe in it themselves. But none of you were really keeping the integrity intact you let a bunch of new heads take over and dictate what goes on the site without saying a peep about their inexperience or lack of maturity. And we had HVK in the position of FVC mod and he thinks shells / ninja turtle bars are fire in 2019... C'mon y'all, let's get real and take some accountability.

Last edited by Azul El Chivo; 08-09-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Unread 08-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #13

Azul El Chivo

Staff was corrupt. The few respectable staff members got shunned and left. Most of staff was way too new to the site to even be in the position of staff and that's how you know shit was going downhill. All our criteria and integrity has gone out the window over the years and this is the end result. It is on the community / members but mostly the ownership because they should ultimately be the ones with the vision for the site if it's going to succeed, even if they need someone to give them that vision they should have it and believe in it themselves. But none of you were really keeping the integrity intact you let a bunch of new heads take over and dictate what goes on the site without saying a peep about their inexperience or lack of maturity. And we had HVK in the position of FVC mod and he thinks shells / ninja turtle bars are fire in 2019... C'mon y'all, let's get real and take some accountability.

Last edited by Azul El Chivo; 08-09-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Unread 08-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Punk

Quote:
There’s no way the members should take blame by any measure. If the owners want an active site it’s their job to find active members. You can’t just go blaming the customers. If Popeyes chicken closed down because the place was filthy, or no one does systems check, count the money, you’d blame the customers?????

MOST of the guys you’re sitting here trying to put the blame on put in an extreme amount of work on LB. Hall of Famers, Tournament winners, Tournament runners, Tournament participants. I can’t explain enough. We’ve done our part for so many damn years and you dudes still blaming the members for shit. You think it’s the site members job to get other members involved with the site. No.... it’s the owners job. They’re supposed to advertise.

If LB was started as a new site a few days ago and got its first 3 members that registered, participated for a week then didn’t log back in. Do you blame the 3 members that the site is dead or do you blame the owners for letting 3 members sit an entire week without anyone else signing up?

I’m not taking a single fucking blame. I’m a customer that’s actually spent money on LB. I bought exclusive when it was a paid subscription, I won’t tournaments, battles, yearly awards, Im Hall of Fame. I’ve done more than the average guy and I still wouldn’t say they deserve blame because again, they’re the customer. Every guy that’s talking about let’s “take some blame” has been more active than the owners..

Last edited by Rowdy; 08-09-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Unread 08-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #14

Punk

Quote:
There’s no way the members should take blame by any measure. If the owners want an active site it’s their job to find active members. You can’t just go blaming the customers. If Popeyes chicken closed down because the place was filthy, or no one does systems check, count the money, you’d blame the customers?????

MOST of the guys you’re sitting here trying to put the blame on put in an extreme amount of work on LB. Hall of Famers, Tournament winners, Tournament runners, Tournament participants. I can’t explain enough. We’ve done our part for so many damn years and you dudes still blaming the members for shit. You think it’s the site members job to get other members involved with the site. No.... it’s the owners job. They’re supposed to advertise.

If LB was started as a new site a few days ago and got its first 3 members that registered, participated for a week then didn’t log back in. Do you blame the 3 members that the site is dead or do you blame the owners for letting 3 members sit an entire week without anyone else signing up?

I’m not taking a single fucking blame. I’m a customer that’s actually spent money on LB. I bought exclusive when it was a paid subscription, I won’t tournaments, battles, yearly awards, Im Hall of Fame. I’ve done more than the average guy and I still wouldn’t say they deserve blame because again, they’re the customer. Every guy that’s talking about let’s “take some blame” has been more active than the owners..

Last edited by Rowdy; 08-09-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Unread 08-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
The community is wrong. That right there is one of the biggest causes of LB's downward spiral over the last few months.

The site isn't treated like a business. It's treated like a pet project and you're just lucky they have the goodwill to pay for hosting. Don't like something? Fuck off then. Imagine how long any business would last with that attitude.
THIS. And it's what I've been saying for years.

I'll happily pay for Exclusive or any site/service/subscription that offers value. You give a service value by continually improving it. As of right now this site is just an inactive rap battle/hip-hop forum with some rap battling features. Not a rap battling site with a hip-hop forum.

I'm happy with how the new site looks and I have my fingers crossed. But I've seen screenshots of shit that never manifested a few times, so I'm not too hype on the new site yet

And "Don't like it fuck off" is a terrible attitude but its the one that both admins and community members have had. It's a new level of idiocy and incompetence that makes me question if most community members are strung out on drugs

Last edited by Godbody; 08-09-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Unread 08-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #15

Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 111 audio / 86 text
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
The community is wrong. That right there is one of the biggest causes of LB's downward spiral over the last few months.

The site isn't treated like a business. It's treated like a pet project and you're just lucky they have the goodwill to pay for hosting. Don't like something? Fuck off then. Imagine how long any business would last with that attitude.
THIS. And it's what I've been saying for years.

I'll happily pay for Exclusive or any site/service/subscription that offers value. You give a service value by continually improving it. As of right now this site is just an inactive rap battle/hip-hop forum with some rap battling features. Not a rap battling site with a hip-hop forum.

I'm happy with how the new site looks and I have my fingers crossed. But I've seen screenshots of shit that never manifested a few times, so I'm not too hype on the new site yet

And "Don't like it fuck off" is a terrible attitude but its the one that both admins and community members have had. It's a new level of idiocy and incompetence that makes me question if most community members are strung out on drugs

Last edited by Godbody; 08-09-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Azul El Chivo

No one on here is a customer bruh. This is a site based around community and that's why it's crumbling. The heart of the community got ignored by ownership and all that was left was a few real heads and then dumb ass new heads who basically filled out the staff as the traditions / integrity of the site rotted away. Regardless none of those real heads spoke up when these new heads were brought onto staff. The whole site needs more vision for what's good for the site / community. Cuz that's what rap battle sites have always been based around.. their community. The leadership is off just as much if not more but the community is off too and arguably as a byproduct of the leadership.
Unread 08-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #16

Azul El Chivo

No one on here is a customer bruh. This is a site based around community and that's why it's crumbling. The heart of the community got ignored by ownership and all that was left was a few real heads and then dumb ass new heads who basically filled out the staff as the traditions / integrity of the site rotted away. Regardless none of those real heads spoke up when these new heads were brought onto staff. The whole site needs more vision for what's good for the site / community. Cuz that's what rap battle sites have always been based around.. their community. The leadership is off just as much if not more but the community is off too and arguably as a byproduct of the leadership.

Unread 08-09-2019, 03:17 PM
X
The Boss
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)

The new site is in progress, will post an update when there is something worth sharing.

Appreciate the feedback on the staff situation, but fundamentally the lack of activity will be addressed with features in the new site that make LB more engaging.

If you're interested in making the current site more active, post some battles!
Unread 08-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #17

X
The Boss

Voted: 148 audio / 43 text

The new site is in progress, will post an update when there is something worth sharing.

Appreciate the feedback on the staff situation, but fundamentally the lack of activity will be addressed with features in the new site that make LB more engaging.

Unread 08-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Punk

Quote:
Nigga...You do realize that the community is the only reason the site didn’t die YEARS ago right? We ran an outdated site by ourselves with no actual owners logging in once a month for years. But you can sit here and blame the members for the site dying. If that’s the case then no one would want to be a member. Have you been here for 8-9 years straight. Without being inactive because you made the place like a home? Is it ironic that MOST of the site members blame the owners for inactivity?

We donated ALOT of our own money to keep someone else’s owned site alive just to take blame from dudes like you.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post

Why does it take threads like these to get you to post stuff like this? When the feel that you’re more involved if you posted like this on the regular? You’re a stranger to us dude.
Unread 08-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #18

Punk

Quote:
Nigga...You do realize that the community is the only reason the site didn’t die YEARS ago right? We ran an outdated site by ourselves with no actual owners logging in once a month for years. But you can sit here and blame the members for the site dying. If that’s the case then no one would want to be a member. Have you been here for 8-9 years straight. Without being inactive because you made the place like a home? Is it ironic that MOST of the site members blame the owners for inactivity?

We donated ALOT of our own money to keep someone else’s owned site alive just to take blame from dudes like you.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post

Why does it take threads like these to get you to post stuff like this? When the feel that you’re more involved if you posted like this on the regular? You’re a stranger to us dude.

Unread 08-09-2019, 03:30 PM
X
The Boss

Quote:

I post updates in the announcements when they are ready, I don't have any updates to post so I'm responding to your request for an update. It doesn't take threads to get an update from me, you can DM me or email support@letsbeef.com

Most of the work happening on the new site right now is technical backend, so there isn't anything to "demo" --- it's complex trying to move off 15 year old tech to a new stack.

I'm sorry you feel like I'm a stranger, but I'm responding to requests.
Unread 08-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #19

X
The Boss

Voted: 148 audio / 43 text

Quote:

I post updates in the announcements when they are ready, I don't have any updates to post so I'm responding to your request for an update. It doesn't take threads to get an update from me, you can DM me or email support@letsbeef.com

Most of the work happening on the new site right now is technical backend, so there isn't anything to "demo" --- it's complex trying to move off 15 year old tech to a new stack.

I'm sorry you feel like I'm a stranger, but I'm responding to requests.
Unread 08-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Azul El Chivo

The community of the site was dying years ago and that's why it's gotten to this point. The majority let all kinds of bullshit and fuckery slide til shit devolved to having rookies be mods
Unread 08-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #20

Azul El Chivo

The community of the site was dying years ago and that's why it's gotten to this point. The majority let all kinds of bullshit and fuckery slide til shit devolved to having rookies be mods