Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09-27-2018, 09:44 AM
Dao Dao is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Lmao @ seeing where today's "style" came from with that battle. Today's style is mostly trying to chase after me which I'm not really a fan of but I get it. I spearheaded and pioneered the movement of wordplay working both ways. You want to make your verses sound natural with wording / execution. I also pioneered the double ended punchline on here, where not only the set up has a double meaning but the punchline itself has a double meaning. That and just don't say the tons of played out / already used shit and you're on the right track. Be creative/original/complex yet smooth and cohesive.
@Bleu Yea that's why I said "y'all" ....n yea it's hard knowing what's played and used since I've been gone so long.. Just gotta read a lot more battles to catch up I guess...

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Lmao @ seeing where today's "style" came from with that battle. Today's style is mostly trying to chase after me which I'm not really a fan of but I get it. I spearheaded and pioneered the movement of wordplay working both ways. You want to make your verses sound natural with wording / execution. I also pioneered the double ended punchline on here, where not only the set up has a double meaning but the punchline itself has a double meaning. That and just don't say the tons of played out / already used shit and you're on the right track. Be creative/original/complex yet smooth and cohesive.
N I get the conversational wording part cause i never stopped writing music.. It's just the played schemes..
Oh and @Bleu you vs @Rai would be CRAZY!!!

Last edited by Dao; 09-27-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Unread 09-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #21

Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.39/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 41 text

Quote:
@Bleu Yea that's why I said "y'all" ....n yea it's hard knowing what's played and used since I've been gone so long.. Just gotta read a lot more battles to catch up I guess...

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote:
N I get the conversational wording part cause i never stopped writing music.. It's just the played schemes..

Last edited by Dao; 09-27-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Unread 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Bleu
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dao View Post
Or just get feed from as many people as possible I guess. I've had people say lines are played with no evidence before so be sure to do your research. You can always use google to double check if a lines been used if you know how to search properly.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:

Just happened in the Summer Text tourney and a few times before that.
Unread 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #22

Bleu

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Or just get feed from as many people as possible I guess. I've had people say lines are played with no evidence before so be sure to do your research. You can always use google to double check if a lines been used if you know how to search properly.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:

Just happened in the Summer Text tourney and a few times before that.

Unread 09-27-2018, 10:12 AM
Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Preciate that... N that battle was dope, thought it'll be closer. That mortician line was smooth af tho.
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #23

Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Preciate that... N that battle was dope, thought it'll be closer. That mortician line was smooth af tho.
Unread 09-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Supsie

who is this homosexual who made this thread?
Unread 09-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #24

Supsie

Unread 09-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supsie View Post
Haha a gay joke, man your funny!!!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Lashing out on gays I guess HE'S HURT. Aspirations of being great in EACH VERSE. bringin others down so they SEEM WORSE. Yea @Supsie known to 'troll' to make the 'DREAM WORK'... Send 8 not gay jokes pussy. #BrainFartces
Unread 09-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #25

Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supsie View Post
Haha a gay joke, man your funny!!!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Lashing out on gays I guess HE'S HURT. Aspirations of being great in EACH VERSE. bringin others down so they SEEM WORSE. Yea @Supsie known to 'troll' to make the 'DREAM WORK'... Send 8 not gay jokes pussy. #BrainFartces
Unread 09-28-2018, 12:06 PM
EtH

Quote:
I love ya Bleu, but this is a load of bollocks. I get why you think this, because when you kind of started proper being a part of LB we were caught in the Murda Muzik bullshit spin of things. But guys like Manhattan and Lockhart were making their wordplay work before you came onto the scene (not that they were doing so as good) and that's just an example from the "new-gen" of guys. Wordplay was almost always one way until Rican and Pulse kind of started shifting it, and as far back as 2009 I used to post constantly in threads about Rican's misuse of wordplay. Here's a quick example:-

https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_deta...n=tb&id=359745

IAmFlow's vote comment. Kind of around 2011 is when it started to change. I'm not taking credit what so ever, but that's kind of why we made the crew. We wanted to kind of get everyone battling in a much cleaner way than all the bollocks of the time was. Eventually, the guys with the clean style outlasted the guys with the non-working wordplay style and it now seems to be the norm again.

Anyone before the Grizz/Dissizit/Rican/Godbody era made their wordplay work both ways.
Unread 09-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #26

EtH

Quote:
I love ya Bleu, but this is a load of bollocks. I get why you think this, because when you kind of started proper being a part of LB we were caught in the Murda Muzik bullshit spin of things. But guys like Manhattan and Lockhart were making their wordplay work before you came onto the scene (not that they were doing so as good) and that's just an example from the "new-gen" of guys. Wordplay was almost always one way until Rican and Pulse kind of started shifting it, and as far back as 2009 I used to post constantly in threads about Rican's misuse of wordplay. Here's a quick example:-

IAmFlow's vote comment. Kind of around 2011 is when it started to change. I'm not taking credit what so ever, but that's kind of why we made the crew. We wanted to kind of get everyone battling in a much cleaner way than all the bollocks of the time was. Eventually, the guys with the clean style outlasted the guys with the non-working wordplay style and it now seems to be the norm again.

Anyone before the Grizz/Dissizit/Rican/Godbody era made their wordplay work both ways.

Unread 09-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Lol I just read my battle wit grizz in 2010. He swept me. Dam Rican, Dissizit, Lockhart. Them names nostalgic.
Unread 09-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #27

Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Lol I just read my battle wit grizz in 2010. He swept me. Dam Rican, Dissizit, Lockhart. Them names nostalgic.
Unread 09-28-2018, 12:24 PM
EtH

Dao, stop. If you're going to return and do the whole "I used to be here but I'm not telling you who I was" routine, stop fucking begging for attention by trying to act like you know all of us. We don't know each other son. I don't know people that are so bitch they need to hide their identity.
Unread 09-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #28

EtH

Dao, stop. If you're going to return and do the whole "I used to be here but I'm not telling you who I was" routine, stop fucking begging for attention by trying to act like you know all of us. We don't know each other son. I don't know people that are so bitch they need to hide their identity.

Unread 09-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnEtH1CaL View Post
Routine? .Hide identity? Bruh I can't enjoy this shid, n my memories without dudes feelin some type of way lol. Gah damn this it ain't that serious bruh. Shid we all hiding our identity bitch boy.. Post ya real picture of ya self. How old are you. What school you went to??? Hunh??? Ok then fuck boy. That's the good thing about this site u can start fresh Iif u want

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Man I'm done wit this thread y'all got it. I'ma just stay to myself n snipe dudes.. I'm just using this site to improve my bars for my songs any way.. Uneth1cal eat a dick lol
Unread 09-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #29

Ranked Text Record
7 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Routine? .Hide identity? Bruh I can't enjoy this shid, n my memories without dudes feelin some type of way lol. Gah damn this it ain't that serious bruh. Shid we all hiding our identity bitch boy.. Post ya real picture of ya self. How old are you. What school you went to??? Hunh??? Ok then fuck boy. That's the good thing about this site u can start fresh Iif u want

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Man I'm done wit this thread y'all got it. I'ma just stay to myself n snipe dudes.. I'm just using this site to improve my bars for my songs any way.. Uneth1cal eat a dick lol
Unread 09-28-2018, 05:41 PM
Bleu

Quote:

Other people did it here and there probably out of luck / coincidence. Those same people you say made their wordplay work both ways mostly had wordplay that DIDN'T work both ways so your point is invalid. I was the first to consistently make wordplay work both ways and set the standard / make it the norm. That can't be debated. I witnessed it / did it myself. Before me it was a whole lot of forced shit and no one had that standard for wordplay when they were judging / writing. Since my run you saw wayyy more focus / judgement / mention of wordplay working both ways because I pushed the narrative with my writing / critique / discussion and people caught on to an extent. Back in the day they let the most forced wordplay slide.. they probably didn't even have the term of wordplay working both ways.

I'd like to see you find someone other than me who consistently made their wordplay work both ways and pushed the narrative until it became the standard.

EDIT: I don't even see any wordplay in that battle. I'm talking oronyms / homophones at least.

Last edited by Bleu; 09-28-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 09-28-2018, 05:41 PM   #30

Bleu

Quote:

Other people did it here and there probably out of luck / coincidence. Those same people you say made their wordplay work both ways mostly had wordplay that DIDN'T work both ways so your point is invalid. I was the first to consistently make wordplay work both ways and set the standard / make it the norm. That can't be debated. I witnessed it / did it myself. Before me it was a whole lot of forced shit and no one had that standard for wordplay when they were judging / writing. Since my run you saw wayyy more focus / judgement / mention of wordplay working both ways because I pushed the narrative with my writing / critique / discussion and people caught on to an extent. Back in the day they let the most forced wordplay slide.. they probably didn't even have the term of wordplay working both ways.

I'd like to see you find someone other than me who consistently made their wordplay work both ways and pushed the narrative until it became the standard.

EDIT: I don't even see any wordplay in that battle. I'm talking oronyms / homophones at least.

Last edited by Bleu; 09-28-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Tags
brainfartces