Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 01-06-2019, 12:58 PM
KG The Prince
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

QUALITEA

Unread 01-06-2019, 12:58 PM   #11

KG The Prince
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 106 audio / 857 text
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)

QUALITEA

Unread 01-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Barzooka
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Just like weed.

Quality over quantity.
Originally Posted by JayDiamondScarFace View Post
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 01-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #12

Barzooka
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 353 audio / 268 text
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Just like weed.

Quality over quantity.
Originally Posted by JayDiamondScarFace View Post
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
@guts. @HVK

Id like to add some feedback to this discussion.

While a seemingly good idea, here’s my issue with this premise. There literally aren’t that many more active, educated, unbiased voters on the site that aren’t FVC already. I can name a couple, sure, but I don’t think the pool of people is there to expand expand and expand. We don’t want to sacrifice the quality of the FVC votes just to put a couple more people in the club. For instance, I can’t think of 3 people I’d definitely want to add right now.

Also, if you just put all the active voters in the FVC, what’s the point of the FVC? Then everyone will have it under their name and have the boosted VP. At that stage the value of an FVC vote diminishes greatly, as they’re just getting tossed around on the regular. FVC and the boosted VP that comes with it should be reserved for the most educated, fair, and unbiased voters. There is NOT a plethora of people that check all those boxes that aren’t already in the FVC.

You seem to want to expand the FVC to hit some imaginary quota of 2 FVC votes per battle. The thing is you pulled this quota out of thin air and it’s just a nice number you decided on. Nothing logically says this is a good or optimal number. ALSO, that’s reltaively achievable with our current base. Sure, some troll battles, snipe battles and battles from guys that drop 6x a day might not get 2 FVC votes, but most battles get that or more.

I’m not completely against adding people to the FVC, but the idea that rapidly and vastly expanding its member base is somehow the best thing to do “just because”, sounds awful to me.
first off, yes, i pulled the 2 # out of my ass but in a brief defense of myself, i'm not being precise or approaching this with exact mindset i'd take when building a business ya know what i mean? the reason why 2 *seemed* like a good idea is what happens if you only have 1 fvc vote, and then 4 other wack voters vote against you in a clear win? we've seen this happen so many time by now, so no, not every battle needs to have two votes, but damn, i think it would be hella nice if they did.

you an d several others mention quality over quantity, but for me this an easily dissmissible concept. 1.depending on your situation, you might need more of a lesser variety. let me give you an example. soup kitchens. it is more important to get whatever help you can whether than interview people and make sure they fit the glass slipper. another example: lb is in a bad way. hate voting and hate blocking is at a peak, people trading votes, shitty voters being the most active...it could be argued it's more important to get the help we need. 2.i've never once said we should sacrifice quality at all. we need more members, but that doesn't mean you should accept just anyone. the process would stay the same for accepting someone, the only change is you would take in a couple more heads.

it's kinda confusing that you don't want the extra help. but instead of going on, i'll actually take the time to nominate some people i find worthy.
Unread 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #13

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
@guts. @HVK

Id like to add some feedback to this discussion.

While a seemingly good idea, here’s my issue with this premise. There literally aren’t that many more active, educated, unbiased voters on the site that aren’t FVC already. I can name a couple, sure, but I don’t think the pool of people is there to expand expand and expand. We don’t want to sacrifice the quality of the FVC votes just to put a couple more people in the club. For instance, I can’t think of 3 people I’d definitely want to add right now.

Also, if you just put all the active voters in the FVC, what’s the point of the FVC? Then everyone will have it under their name and have the boosted VP. At that stage the value of an FVC vote diminishes greatly, as they’re just getting tossed around on the regular. FVC and the boosted VP that comes with it should be reserved for the most educated, fair, and unbiased voters. There is NOT a plethora of people that check all those boxes that aren’t already in the FVC.

You seem to want to expand the FVC to hit some imaginary quota of 2 FVC votes per battle. The thing is you pulled this quota out of thin air and it’s just a nice number you decided on. Nothing logically says this is a good or optimal number. ALSO, that’s reltaively achievable with our current base. Sure, some troll battles, snipe battles and battles from guys that drop 6x a day might not get 2 FVC votes, but most battles get that or more.

I’m not completely against adding people to the FVC, but the idea that rapidly and vastly expanding its member base is somehow the best thing to do “just because”, sounds awful to me.
first off, yes, i pulled the 2 # out of my ass but in a brief defense of myself, i'm not being precise or approaching this with exact mindset i'd take when building a business ya know what i mean? the reason why 2 *seemed* like a good idea is what happens if you only have 1 fvc vote, and then 4 other wack voters vote against you in a clear win? we've seen this happen so many time by now, so no, not every battle needs to have two votes, but damn, i think it would be hella nice if they did.

you an d several others mention quality over quantity, but for me this an easily dissmissible concept. 1.depending on your situation, you might need more of a lesser variety. let me give you an example. soup kitchens. it is more important to get whatever help you can whether than interview people and make sure they fit the glass slipper. another example: lb is in a bad way. hate voting and hate blocking is at a peak, people trading votes, shitty voters being the most active...it could be argued it's more important to get the help we need. 2.i've never once said we should sacrifice quality at all. we need more members, but that doesn't mean you should accept just anyone. the process would stay the same for accepting someone, the only change is you would take in a couple more heads.

it's kinda confusing that you don't want the extra help. but instead of going on, i'll actually take the time to nominate some people i find worthy.

Unread 01-06-2019, 03:29 PM
HVK HVK is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 730 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

IVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS NOW AN @Edgeworth IS RIGHT, I WILL ADD ONE MORE MEMBER THO AT THA END OF THIS MONTH..... NOT 3 AS INITIALLY STATED.

BUT THAT WILL BE THAT FOR THA TIME BEING, WE ARE UPPIN THA VOTE QUOTA FROM WITHIN THA FVC FOR THIS MONTH SO MORE VOTES WILL BE CAST, IF YOUR BATTLE IS STRUGGLIN FOR VOTES AND/OR QUALITY VOTES THEN HIT UP THA THREAD IN THA FVC LOUNGE.
Unread 01-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #14

HVK HVK is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 139 audio / 3320 text
Mentioned: 730 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)

IVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS NOW AN @Edgeworth IS RIGHT, I WILL ADD ONE MORE MEMBER THO AT THA END OF THIS MONTH..... NOT 3 AS INITIALLY STATED.

BUT THAT WILL BE THAT FOR THA TIME BEING, WE ARE UPPIN THA VOTE QUOTA FROM WITHIN THA FVC FOR THIS MONTH SO MORE VOTES WILL BE CAST, IF YOUR BATTLE IS STRUGGLIN FOR VOTES AND/OR QUALITY VOTES THEN HIT UP THA THREAD IN THA FVC LOUNGE.
Unread 01-06-2019, 03:42 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVK View Post

i have to disagree with this. three was really small, but one...i just dont see how one more could make a big enough difference.

but i have a proposal. what if you offered people a "tryout" where for this month all of there comments were monitored. they wouldn't be told how to vote or how many votes they need to do, they would just vote as normal. im sure you could find at least 5 members from that group.

this idea needs some more fine tuning, but essentially you pretend like you hired a few guys to the fvc and see how they do in their first month. obviously they wont get any titles or vp but it gives you a chance to see who's worthy.
Unread 01-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #15

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVK View Post

i have to disagree with this. three was really small, but one...i just dont see how one more could make a big enough difference.

but i have a proposal. what if you offered people a "tryout" where for this month all of there comments were monitored. they wouldn't be told how to vote or how many votes they need to do, they would just vote as normal. im sure you could find at least 5 members from that group.

this idea needs some more fine tuning, but essentially you pretend like you hired a few guys to the fvc and see how they do in their first month. obviously they wont get any titles or vp but it gives you a chance to see who's worthy.

Unread 01-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

I agree with @HVK. The quota has been increased, and I am all for adding one more member. The extra member combined with the increased quota should be more than enough.

HVK is the FVC Mod, so please leave these decisions up to him.

Appreciate the effort though. Thread closed.

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone
Unread 01-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #16

Seul Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 105 audio / 603 text

I agree with @HVK. The quota has been increased, and I am all for adding one more member. The extra member combined with the increased quota should be more than enough.

Appreciate the effort though. Thread closed.

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone
Unread 01-06-2019, 05:55 PM
joan of arc

[QUOTE=Seul;1164008]I agree with @HVK. The quota has been increased, and I am all for adding one more member. The extra member combined with the increased quota should be more than enough.

Appreciate the effort though. Thread closed.[/QUOTE

like i said, i do not think this will be enough. at all. so for me i still want to push the subject. also, the only people that have really weighed in on this thread are fvc, which to me doesn't count at all. you can't vote on the subject yourself, like i'm all for letting the fvc explain their thoughts, but the other people on lb should be the ones that decide if the fvc is working and if they think things should change

which leads me into the "hvk is fvc mod, so leave these decisions to him" i have to be honest and say this makes 0 sense. that's like saying donald trump is president so leave the red button pressing to him. (no disrespect to hvk by comparing him to trump lol) for me when you see something wrong you should always speak up. i have hella love for hvk and i think he does a lot and has a great head on his shoulders, so i'm not trying to piss him off or say he doesn't do enough, but i am saying things aren't working. and maybe if we press and press and push and push things will change. i could be wrong but this is the way i do things.

lastly, i don't appreciate MY thread being closed. this conversation is far from over, and if anyone should close it, it should be me. obviously im not angry, i just think shutting ideas down before they develop is a bad idea.

also @HVK i hope you know i think you do great work here, i just think voting is an issue right now, so im trying to explore options.
Unread 01-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #17

joan of arc

[QUOTE=Seul;1164008]I agree with @HVK. The quota has been increased, and I am all for adding one more member. The extra member combined with the increased quota should be more than enough.

Appreciate the effort though. Thread closed.[/QUOTE

like i said, i do not think this will be enough. at all. so for me i still want to push the subject. also, the only people that have really weighed in on this thread are fvc, which to me doesn't count at all. you can't vote on the subject yourself, like i'm all for letting the fvc explain their thoughts, but the other people on lb should be the ones that decide if the fvc is working and if they think things should change

which leads me into the "hvk is fvc mod, so leave these decisions to him" i have to be honest and say this makes 0 sense. that's like saying donald trump is president so leave the red button pressing to him. (no disrespect to hvk by comparing him to trump lol) for me when you see something wrong you should always speak up. i have hella love for hvk and i think he does a lot and has a great head on his shoulders, so i'm not trying to piss him off or say he doesn't do enough, but i am saying things aren't working. and maybe if we press and press and push and push things will change. i could be wrong but this is the way i do things.

lastly, i don't appreciate MY thread being closed. this conversation is far from over, and if anyone should close it, it should be me. obviously im not angry, i just think shutting ideas down before they develop is a bad idea.

also @HVK i hope you know i think you do great work here, i just think voting is an issue right now, so im trying to explore options.

Unread 01-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Row

^ agree with some shit here

And no, not ALLL members who are the current credible voters are on fvc , not even half . Hell, not all the members are on the same level of credibility
Unread 01-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #18

Row

^ agree with some shit here

And no, not ALLL members who are the current credible voters are on fvc , not even half . Hell, not all the members are on the same level of credibility

Unread 01-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Lmfao, I ain't discussing this shit with y'all anymore. You made your point & we have decided to explore some changes (adding another member, increased the quota). If you can't find a compromise and take this one step at a time, I don't know what to tell you.

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone
Unread 01-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #19

Seul Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 105 audio / 603 text

Lmfao, I ain't discussing this shit with y'all anymore. You made your point & we have decided to explore some changes (adding another member, increased the quota). If you can't find a compromise and take this one step at a time, I don't know what to tell you.
Unread 01-06-2019, 07:01 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
this isn't about anything other than people getting the chance to speak up and voice how they feel. i honestly don't understand the hostility. i respect your opinion, and i understand if you're done talking about this. also, when it comes to compromising, i have 0 power, so it's not like i decide what gets done or not. i'm just making threads and discussing ideas.
Unread 01-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #20

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
this isn't about anything other than people getting the chance to speak up and voice how they feel. i honestly don't understand the hostility. i respect your opinion, and i understand if you're done talking about this. also, when it comes to compromising, i have 0 power, so it's not like i decide what gets done or not. i'm just making threads and discussing ideas.

Closed Thread