Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
ATSiMix_com
Basic Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Studio Equipment

I ready don't see to many post help others out that much on this forum yet. So I will start one here.

As a consultant for budget studios I always get asked What do I NEED?
1. A good Computer MAC or PC that is up to you but I would go MAC.
2. Headphones Sony 7506 or 7505 your pick they are only 100.00 and one to the best headphones out. DO NOT BUY beats by DRE. Those are not really meant for mixing.
3. GOOD Cables do not buy cheap cable you will pay for it in your quality of your music.
4. Audio interface this will be up to you because I do not know if you are recording a band. There are so many choices for a budget but make sure it has fireware.
5. Microphone if you don't have money buy a Sure SM57 microphone. Remember I am speaking about being on a budget and this is the type of cash my clients have at time.
6. Monitors if you have a surround sound just sitting there use that for the time being. You don't need 1000.00 speakers to get great sound because you room is not even tuned correctly. You will need a sub do not forget that other wise ,if you try to mix your music it will be bass heavy or to light.
7. DAW system for Recording only: ProTools any one of them
8. DAW system Producing and Recording: Logic Pro 9 one of the best programs out there if you only have a midi controller. It has EVERYTHING to get you going and I mean everything. Built in sampler, sound modules, EQ, Compressors and more. You don't need to buy plugins because the ones that come with Logic can mix and master out of the box.
9. You don't need a keyboard just a midi controller, you will save money in the end.
10. Read that is the only way you will get better and BUY learning TOOLS.
11. Pay someone that knows what they are talking about and LEARN that is the main point people over look.

People feel that paying someone is like throwing money away. Ask yourself this if you go to college are you not paying someone to teach you? If you go buy music equipment you want the person to know what they are speaking about correct? Yes, you do because they will help you buy the gear that will help you make life better. Guess what you are paying for their service and knowledge.

MAIN POINT
This one is hard to do as I have been looking for years and only found one. MENTOR, we all need one and if you want to get any where find a mentor.

If you have any question hit me up.
www.ATSiMix.com
Unread 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #1

ATSiMix_com
Basic Member

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Studio Equipment

I ready don't see to many post help others out that much on this forum yet. So I will start one here.

As a consultant for budget studios I always get asked What do I NEED?
1. A good Computer MAC or PC that is up to you but I would go MAC.
2. Headphones Sony 7506 or 7505 your pick they are only 100.00 and one to the best headphones out. DO NOT BUY beats by DRE. Those are not really meant for mixing.
3. GOOD Cables do not buy cheap cable you will pay for it in your quality of your music.
4. Audio interface this will be up to you because I do not know if you are recording a band. There are so many choices for a budget but make sure it has fireware.
5. Microphone if you don't have money buy a Sure SM57 microphone. Remember I am speaking about being on a budget and this is the type of cash my clients have at time.
6. Monitors if you have a surround sound just sitting there use that for the time being. You don't need 1000.00 speakers to get great sound because you room is not even tuned correctly. You will need a sub do not forget that other wise ,if you try to mix your music it will be bass heavy or to light.
7. DAW system for Recording only: ProTools any one of them
8. DAW system Producing and Recording: Logic Pro 9 one of the best programs out there if you only have a midi controller. It has EVERYTHING to get you going and I mean everything. Built in sampler, sound modules, EQ, Compressors and more. You don't need to buy plugins because the ones that come with Logic can mix and master out of the box.
9. You don't need a keyboard just a midi controller, you will save money in the end.
10. Read that is the only way you will get better and BUY learning TOOLS.
11. Pay someone that knows what they are talking about and LEARN that is the main point people over look.

People feel that paying someone is like throwing money away. Ask yourself this if you go to college are you not paying someone to teach you? If you go buy music equipment you want the person to know what they are speaking about correct? Yes, you do because they will help you buy the gear that will help you make life better. Guess what you are paying for their service and knowledge.

MAIN POINT
This one is hard to do as I have been looking for years and only found one. MENTOR, we all need one and if you want to get any where find a mentor.

If you have any question hit me up.
www.ATSiMix.com