User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-22-2018, 06:54 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default THE OFFICIAL CREDIT RESET VOTE

BEFORE YOU VOTE

i highly recommend reading through this thread and seeing what people have to say. i also encourage everybody to leave their thoughts. if you're against it, give us an expo. visa-versa.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDITS:
it's something a lot of people have brought up so i'll edit it in now. the credits won't reset to nothing. they will be reset to 10-20.

for context i will quote a lot from my WE NEED TO UNITE thread

in this thread, shodan suggested to make this site more active we needed to introduce credit resets. @ shodan. here is the official quote.

"I think the best reasonable solution for increasing site-wide activity is to reset everyone's credits at the beginning of each month.

I have 189 credits stockpiled. At 3 credits a battle, I could do 63 battles on this account before needing to vote to do more."

after a lot of people agreed with this @NOBLE responded. here is his quote.

"Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen."

so we're going to officially put this out for a vote.

HOW IT WOULD WORK (POTENTIALLY)

the emcee shop prices would reduce to be realistic with the time line, but essentially, every month your credits will reset.

why?

we want to encourage people to vote more frequently on battles. we want people rate tracks and cyphers. we want to bring back the audio battles, and a good way to do that is people knowing that if they do an audio battle, it's going to get enough votes. many old cats have mounds of credits and never half to vote. ever. the goal is to encourage people to be more active.

COMPENSATION

now i know it's not fair for you to lose all these credits and be left empty handed. i think the first step is that there will be a month long transition, to make people aware of the changes, this way they can spend their credits. the next step is to possibly reward people (based on how many credits they had) with an exclusive emcee item and/or a medal that pertains to how many credits they had before the reset. a sort of bragging rights to those who accumulated massive credits.

Last edited by joan of arc; 12-23-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Unread 12-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #1

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default THE OFFICIAL CREDIT RESET VOTE

BEFORE YOU VOTE

i highly recommend reading through this thread and seeing what people have to say. i also encourage everybody to leave their thoughts. if you're against it, give us an expo. visa-versa.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EDITS:
it's something a lot of people have brought up so i'll edit it in now. the credits won't reset to nothing. they will be reset to 10-20.

for context i will quote a lot from my WE NEED TO UNITE thread

in this thread, shodan suggested to make this site more active we needed to introduce credit resets. @ shodan. here is the official quote.

"I think the best reasonable solution for increasing site-wide activity is to reset everyone's credits at the beginning of each month.

I have 189 credits stockpiled. At 3 credits a battle, I could do 63 battles on this account before needing to vote to do more."

after a lot of people agreed with this @NOBLE responded. here is his quote.

"Resetting credits has been discussed before, and like someone said, many people voted against it. That doesn't preclude us from having the conversation again and seeing if there is a consensus for it to happen."

so we're going to officially put this out for a vote.

HOW IT WOULD WORK (POTENTIALLY)

the emcee shop prices would reduce to be realistic with the time line, but essentially, every month your credits will reset.

why?

we want to encourage people to vote more frequently on battles. we want people rate tracks and cyphers. we want to bring back the audio battles, and a good way to do that is people knowing that if they do an audio battle, it's going to get enough votes. many old cats have mounds of credits and never half to vote. ever. the goal is to encourage people to be more active.

COMPENSATION

now i know it's not fair for you to lose all these credits and be left empty handed. i think the first step is that there will be a month long transition, to make people aware of the changes, this way they can spend their credits. the next step is to possibly reward people (based on how many credits they had) with an exclusive emcee item and/or a medal that pertains to how many credits they had before the reset. a sort of bragging rights to those who accumulated massive credits.

Last edited by joan of arc; 12-23-2018 at 09:04 PM.