Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Subreal
Mentioned: 1040 Post(s)
Tagged: 39 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

@Nicholas @X could implement something so that when you are posting your verse the system forces you to vote on atleast two other battles or something from the pool of open battles, if you don't want to vote on that particular one there could be a skip button but it makes you vote on atleast two.

Pack of Wolves, gayest crew on the site.
Unread 02-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #11

Subreal
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.32/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.61/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Voted: 44 audio / 258 text

@Nicholas @X could implement something so that when you are posting your verse the system forces you to vote on atleast two other battles or something from the pool of open battles, if you don't want to vote on that particular one there could be a skip button but it makes you vote on atleast two.

Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The problem with implementing some system that forces people to vote (like requiring votes to chat or post a battle) is that you just get shitty "fv" votes.

The best way to encourage voting is to encourage activity. People are more likely to vote when they have open battles and want votes themselves. The more people are battling, the more they are voting.
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #12

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

The problem with implementing some system that forces people to vote (like requiring votes to chat or post a battle) is that you just get shitty "fv" votes.

The best way to encourage voting is to encourage activity. People are more likely to vote when they have open battles and want votes themselves. The more people are battling, the more they are voting.

Unread 02-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Subreal
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post

Uhm, exactly, so when you are posting your verse, which is what I suggested. People are going to do shitty fv votes anyways, they do it now, we can't stop that.

Unread 02-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #13

Subreal
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Quote:

Uhm, exactly, so when you are posting your verse, which is what I suggested. People are going to do shitty fv votes anyways, they do it now, we can't stop that.
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subreal View Post
I would be worried this would put people off battling or as Aggo said increase the amount of bad votes.
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #14

Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subreal View Post
I would be worried this would put people off battling or as Aggo said increase the amount of bad votes.

Unread 02-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Subreal
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Well, then you can't really increase voting. If you want to increase voting you have to force people to vote. Nothing else will work well, this site has tried for years. Incentives/credits don't work because there isn't a real credit shop that gives you anything worthwhile

Unread 02-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #15

Subreal
Ranked Text Record
41 Won / 37 Lost

Well, then you can't really increase voting. If you want to increase voting you have to force people to vote. Nothing else will work well, this site has tried for years. Incentives/credits don't work because there isn't a real credit shop that gives you anything worthwhile
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Aggo

Crews might be the key. The established members take in a few new heads and just encourage voting from them and as vets lead by example.
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #16

Aggo

Crews might be the key. The established members take in a few new heads and just encourage voting from them and as vets lead by example.

Unread 02-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Metatron
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 17 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

I like the idea of forcing active members to vote if they wanna battle I also do see how it can cause problems in the amount of hate or bs votes... I think first for starters the votes itself should b more monitored or atleast set something where the votes must be more explained ..I say that only based on this fact I've gotten votes for me & against me that only said crap like Fv... Or flipped a coin ... Then I go to the voters page & they are barely active... Some new account or a member that can't form a verse to save they life & jus voting to b voting ..
Unread 02-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #17

Metatron
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.38/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 17 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 3 audio / 149 text
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

I like the idea of forcing active members to vote if they wanna battle I also do see how it can cause problems in the amount of hate or bs votes... I think first for starters the votes itself should b more monitored or atleast set something where the votes must be more explained ..I say that only based on this fact I've gotten votes for me & against me that only said crap like Fv... Or flipped a coin ... Then I go to the voters page & they are barely active... Some new account or a member that can't form a verse to save they life & jus voting to b voting ..
Unread 02-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

A few potential ways to get more voting going on would be to resize and edit the "Vote on this battle!" box to say something new & less easy to glance over. Also every time X did those "battle of the week" broadcasts near notifications I got over 15 votes. So definitely more of that.

Also in opposition to the above arguments of that proposed method potentially causing more shit "fv" votes, why not just limit the characters of the voting box to something like 10 (or more) characters minimum? With an actual message that says "Explain your vote!" when you try to post under that on some "fv gb" shit.
Unread 02-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #18

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

A few potential ways to get more voting going on would be to resize and edit the "Vote on this battle!" box to say something new & less easy to glance over. Also every time X did those "battle of the week" broadcasts near notifications I got over 15 votes. So definitely more of that.

Also in opposition to the above arguments of that proposed method potentially causing more shit "fv" votes, why not just limit the characters of the voting box to something like 10 (or more) characters minimum? With an actual message that says "Explain your vote!" when you try to post under that on some "fv gb" shit.
Unread 02-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

I said the character thing in the chatbox earlier today. That change would just make total sense.

Quote:
I like this idea. I'm also making more of an effort to tag newcomers in the forums and get them involved. I think the forums are a big part of retaining members. Bringing them into the community so to speak.
Unread 02-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #19

Nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

I said the character thing in the chatbox earlier today. That change would just make total sense.

Quote:
I like this idea. I'm also making more of an effort to tag newcomers in the forums and get them involved. I think the forums are a big part of retaining members. Bringing them into the community so to speak.

Unread 02-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Celsius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
When you look at it, the FVC is whack. Like how do you higher a persons VP because they convinced you that they're a fair voter? A vote count should matter.

Battler A gets 6 votes from regular users
Battler B gets 4 votes from a mixture of both and still win? Lol

Either way, that ain't fair at all. The idea of the poll is broken.

So pretty much All VP should be the same for everyone.
Although, votes should still be deleted for lack of expo, self voting ect.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Give the top voter like 5 $ a month or something idk, the credit reset would make the most sense.
Unread 02-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #20

Celsius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
When you look at it, the FVC is whack. Like how do you higher a persons VP because they convinced you that they're a fair voter? A vote count should matter.

Battler A gets 6 votes from regular users
Battler B gets 4 votes from a mixture of both and still win? Lol

Either way, that ain't fair at all. The idea of the poll is broken.

So pretty much All VP should be the same for everyone.
Although, votes should still be deleted for lack of expo, self voting ect.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Give the top voter like 5 $ a month or something idk, the credit reset would make the most sense.