Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

The initial premise of the FVC was to reward and in turn empower young individuals in the after school area who otherwise would've gone home and shot their parents in the head like the Menendez brothers.

Anyways, I think the problem with contests in that they can be "infiltrated" because of the username and colored title. Those should be removed, just leave the award, that way it gets utilized (the award system in general) and it's very easy to see.

Is there anyway to raise VP a quarter of a point? 1.25 or 1.125 instead of 2? This way we could wean users into having a higher VP worth twice as much as Macc's automatically.
Unread 02-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #31

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text

The initial premise of the FVC was to reward and in turn empower young individuals in the after school area who otherwise would've gone home and shot their parents in the head like the Menendez brothers.

Anyways, I think the problem with contests in that they can be "infiltrated" because of the username and colored title. Those should be removed, just leave the award, that way it gets utilized (the award system in general) and it's very easy to see.

Is there anyway to raise VP a quarter of a point? 1.25 or 1.125 instead of 2? This way we could wean users into having a higher VP worth twice as much as Macc's automatically.
Unread 02-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Nicholas
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post

Most of that made no sense to me but I agree that the FVC should not include a user title or colour change. It should just be the forum award.
Unread 02-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #32

Nicholas

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post

Most of that made no sense to me but I agree that the FVC should not include a user title or colour change. It should just be the forum award.

Unread 02-21-2017, 05:13 PM
Student
LB Historian
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
Most the issue with VP is that it's such a drastic leap in between people's VP. For example: If have 2 VP and I vote on a battle I'm essentially supplying 2 votes so 3 people would have to vote against the winner (well whoever I pick) in order for the opponent to win if nobody else votes. The problem with this is that whoever has a higher VP pretty much determines the whole battle because there isn't a lot of voting going on.
Unread 02-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #33

Student
LB Historian
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
Most the issue with VP is that it's such a drastic leap in between people's VP. For example: If have 2 VP and I vote on a battle I'm essentially supplying 2 votes so 3 people would have to vote against the winner (well whoever I pick) in order for the opponent to win if nobody else votes. The problem with this is that whoever has a higher VP pretty much determines the whole battle because there isn't a lot of voting going on.
Unread 02-21-2017, 05:26 PM
lllllllllllll

FVCis ass. Stop promoting that shit yo.

If niggas got the time to check threads all day to vote on battle links, they got time to go find us new members... how bout dat
Unread 02-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #34

lllllllllllll

FVCis ass. Stop promoting that shit yo.

If niggas got the time to check threads all day to vote on battle links, they got time to go find us new members... how bout dat

Unread 02-22-2017, 09:21 AM
Nicholas

Right, so to summarise;

- Minimum Character Limit on a vote comment to prevent ‘FV’ and encourage expos.
- Hottest Battles Thread Weekly/Bi-Weekly (And, Battles Needing Votes)
- Credit Counter Re-Visited
- Formating Options on Voter Comments
- Any reincarnation of FVC should only be distinguished by the forum award. No more user titles/colour changes. Voting power should not be excessive.

I'll start doing the hottest battle threads which can also be used to draw attention to some battles that need votes. If I mention users as well this might draw some people to the forums which is always good for user-retention.

The Credit Counter and any potential re-vamp of the FVC would have to be done by a moderator. If no one is up for doing it then as @Noble suggested I would happily do it myself.

The Formatting Options/Minimum Character Limit would obviously have to be done by @X or @Pugz I'll suggest it in an email to X when I next speak to him.
Unread 02-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #35

Nicholas

Right, so to summarise;

- Minimum Character Limit on a vote comment to prevent ‘FV’ and encourage expos.
- Hottest Battles Thread Weekly/Bi-Weekly (And, Battles Needing Votes)
- Credit Counter Re-Visited
- Formating Options on Voter Comments
- Any reincarnation of FVC should only be distinguished by the forum award. No more user titles/colour changes. Voting power should not be excessive.

I'll start doing the hottest battle threads which can also be used to draw attention to some battles that need votes. If I mention users as well this might draw some people to the forums which is always good for user-retention.

The Credit Counter and any potential re-vamp of the FVC would have to be done by a moderator. If no one is up for doing it then as @Noble suggested I would happily do it myself.

The Formatting Options/Minimum Character Limit would obviously have to be done by @X or @Pugz I'll suggest it in an email to X when I next speak to him.

Unread 02-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

To summarize nothing

My post was the best idea. It's proven, webmasters use it across the internet, etc etc

Trust me. I know what works, as I was one of, if not THE first person calling LB admins out on their bullshit like 5-6 yrs ago when ya'll was still happy with the way shit was. And I was getting CLOWNED for talking shit about LB v4 (FlyHipHop) and suggesting a bunch of shit to make this site better. A few ideas got implemented here or there but the ones I know will work wonders on here still aint been implemented
Unread 02-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #36

Godbody
Summer Champion
Discord Battler
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.27/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
57 Won / 5 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.27/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.67/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 5 Lost

Voted: 111 audio / 86 text
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)

To summarize nothing

My post was the best idea. It's proven, webmasters use it across the internet, etc etc

Trust me. I know what works, as I was one of, if not THE first person calling LB admins out on their bullshit like 5-6 yrs ago when ya'll was still happy with the way shit was. And I was getting CLOWNED for talking shit about LB v4 (FlyHipHop) and suggesting a bunch of shit to make this site better. A few ideas got implemented here or there but the ones I know will work wonders on here still aint been implemented
Offline   Reply With Quote