Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-24-2018, 06:45 PM
lllllllllllll
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Turn this place into a battle rap site

I don’t mean to just battle on, but the rap battle culture is huge and the 1 thing Letsbeef DONT do is have battle rap discussions. LB hasn’t talked about actual battle rap in years. (Not talking about exposing Bonnie because she’s barely a somebody.) but all we do is talk about in-house shit and go back and forth. We should be talking ALOT about battle rap. Blogs, rumours, beefs, shit that happens in the culture. We legit don’t do NONE of that.

Nothing attracts people to stay here. There’s no content to give. We have a section of the site that posts battles automatically, why? It hasn’t worked at all why is it still here? Why do we hold on to shit that don’t work?

We have a private forum. That right there screams “I might not stay on this site”. Even if we did post a lot about it, how would it show up on google if our forums are private? I find most of my battle rap news on public forums.

I feel like this is the true key to making LB pop again. HAVING DISCUSSIONS ABOUT REAL BATTLE RAP ON A BATTLE RAP SITE.

Give people what they want out of a site that should already be offering it and they might stay. All we do is make this site about us. We gotta make it about potential members.

Last edited by lllllllllllll; 12-24-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Unread 12-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #1

lllllllllllll

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default Turn this place into a battle rap site

I don’t mean to just battle on, but the rap battle culture is huge and the 1 thing Letsbeef DONT do is have battle rap discussions. LB hasn’t talked about actual battle rap in years. (Not talking about exposing Bonnie because she’s barely a somebody.) but all we do is talk about in-house shit and go back and forth. We should be talking ALOT about battle rap. Blogs, rumours, beefs, shit that happens in the culture. We legit don’t do NONE of that.

Nothing attracts people to stay here. There’s no content to give. We have a section of the site that posts battles automatically, why? It hasn’t worked at all why is it still here? Why do we hold on to shit that don’t work?

We have a private forum. That right there screams “I might not stay on this site”. Even if we did post a lot about it, how would it show up on google if our forums are private? I find most of my battle rap news on public forums.

I feel like this is the true key to making LB pop again. HAVING DISCUSSIONS ABOUT REAL BATTLE RAP ON A BATTLE RAP SITE.

Give people what they want out of a site that should already be offering it and they might stay. All we do is make this site about us. We gotta make it about potential members.

Last edited by lllllllllllll; 12-24-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Unread 12-24-2018, 06:54 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk View Post

lovin the suggestion my guy. i don't really follow rap battles outside of lb, but i'll be sure to participate and learn to help in anyway i can. <3
Unread 12-24-2018, 06:54 PM   #2

joan of arc

Quote:

lovin the suggestion my guy. i don't really follow rap battles outside of lb, but i'll be sure to participate and learn to help in anyway i can. <3

Unread 12-24-2018, 06:55 PM
lllllllllllll

So no one on the rap battle site follows rap battles? Haha!
Unread 12-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #3

lllllllllllll

Unread 12-24-2018, 06:56 PM
Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

This is a really good idea. I honestly think we should focus on that part, and tracks, and the actual battling part be an extension of that. Thats whats going to push LB to the next level. Ill do my best to do what i can. Any ideas let me know.
Unread 12-24-2018, 06:56 PM   #4

Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 96 audio / 723 text
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)

This is a really good idea. I honestly think we should focus on that part, and tracks, and the actual battling part be an extension of that. Thats whats going to push LB to the next level. Ill do my best to do what i can. Any ideas let me know.
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:03 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
i used to but for me rap battling is like playing chess, a battle of wit, and it's fun to play the game but outside of lb which i love i don't really pay attention. like i said though i'm down to put my attention back that way. great post fam.
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #5

joan of arc

Quote:
i used to but for me rap battling is like playing chess, a battle of wit, and it's fun to play the game but outside of lb which i love i don't really pay attention. like i said though i'm down to put my attention back that way. great post fam.

Unread 12-24-2018, 07:03 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
We have a section of the site that posts battles automatically, why? It hasn’t worked at all why is it still here? Why do we hold on to shit that don’t work?
What you mean by saying it hasn't worked? Do you mean it hasn't helped in attracting new members, or do you mean it hasn't helped in stimulating conversations on here?
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #6

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
We have a section of the site that posts battles automatically, why? It hasn’t worked at all why is it still here? Why do we hold on to shit that don’t work?
What you mean by saying it hasn't worked? Do you mean it hasn't helped in attracting new members, or do you mean it hasn't helped in stimulating conversations on here?
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:09 PM
Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Sig --> whoa didnt know about that
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #7

Row

Quote:

Unread 12-24-2018, 07:12 PM
lllllllllllll

Quote:
As in it’ll be more realistic if it was the members posting these threads and actually conversing instead of an automated system. I myself ignore that section but would post back and forth in other battle rap forums about the same battles. It just seems like someone would be talking to a computer instead of talking directly to an Original Poster. It takes away from the jobs that the members should be doing. Those threads average 1-2 views.

But it’s probably just the lack of battle rap fans. So basically if you have a site full of people who don’t discuss battle rap nor watch it, then how do we believe there’s even a SLIGHT chance of picking activity back up?

Outside viewers don’t care about what’s going on with us regular members. They don’t know wtf Punk is or RULE, or UA. They don’t give a shit. They wanna know who Dizaster is gonna battle and what prediction threads they can post in.

If you create a website about Popular Movies, you’re gonna attract people that wanna talk about popular movies. Not local films and undergrounds.
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #8

lllllllllllll

Quote:
As in it’ll be more realistic if it was the members posting these threads and actually conversing instead of an automated system. I myself ignore that section but would post back and forth in other battle rap forums about the same battles. It just seems like someone would be talking to a computer instead of talking directly to an Original Poster. It takes away from the jobs that the members should be doing. Those threads average 1-2 views.

But it’s probably just the lack of battle rap fans. So basically if you have a site full of people who don’t discuss battle rap nor watch it, then how do we believe there’s even a SLIGHT chance of picking activity back up?

Outside viewers don’t care about what’s going on with us regular members. They don’t know wtf Punk is or RULE, or UA. They don’t give a shit. They wanna know who Dizaster is gonna battle and what prediction threads they can post in.

If you create a website about Popular Movies, you’re gonna attract people that wanna talk about popular movies. Not local films and undergrounds.

Unread 12-24-2018, 07:16 PM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row View Post
things changing my friend.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote:

i can't argue with that logic. i think people will find letsbeef through all sorts of ways, but i can def co-sign us starting to discuss and mention that stuff more frequently. i'll make sure to watch some battles and give shout outs on yt. great thinking punk.

one thing though, i think the automated system should remain in place, we just have to do a better job of discussing it when we see it. i'll do my part.
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #9

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Row View Post
things changing my friend.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote:

i can't argue with that logic. i think people will find letsbeef through all sorts of ways, but i can def co-sign us starting to discuss and mention that stuff more frequently. i'll make sure to watch some battles and give shout outs on yt. great thinking punk.

one thing though, i think the automated system should remain in place, we just have to do a better job of discussing it when we see it. i'll do my part.

Unread 12-24-2018, 07:21 PM
lllllllllllll

I’m just saying I’m not about to reply to the Automated Robot Letsbeef account that’s making the threads lol. No one in forum history thought that was wave.
Unread 12-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #10

lllllllllllll

I’m just saying I’m not about to reply to the Automated Robot Letsbeef account that’s making the threads lol. No one in forum history thought that was wave.