Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-27-2019, 03:48 AM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default ANON BATTLE POSTING

so during the brief time of illmania it's suddenly dawned on me how seemingly antiquated the process of starting an open battle on letsbeef is. the blind drop was an excellent addition, but it's strange it only extends to the verse being disguised.

my thought?

when you post an open it will show up as "battle #1 available" and you can choose to accept it and write whatever good shit you got. why do it this way?

1. sniping will be eliminated. (someone might get lucky and get matched with a rookie who didn't fill the box, but at the same time, they'll be low key pissed they used some good bars. that may seem like a bad thing, but every one is sick of super shitty verses being dropped against noobs just cause it's an ez win.)

2. rappers with questionable records (bnas, and others) will now have to face the music. they will be forced to elevate in order to win and uphold their records. (if we re-start records it's a double bonus)

3. if the "blind" aspect is also applied to the voting, then this would also solve a whole nother lot of issues.

4. respected rappers like lock, and shodan could post an open knowing that people aren't just going to leave it hanging out of fear they might lose.

5. this prevents the people responding from being able to use name flips and personals against whoever posted, giving them a MASSIVE advantage in the battle.

SIDE NOTES ABOUT BLIND VOTING:

if every aspect of the battle was blind, you submitted an open, somebody replies, then people vote not knowing who is who, well here's what could be solved.

1. buddy voting becomes extinct

2. asking for votes becomes extinct.

3. the power of rep becomes extinct.

4. bitching about "buddy voting" or someone having a "bigger name" becomes extinct as well. we've prob all done that. i know i've felt like i lost due to my name being way less known. i know i've bitched about it to. this system would end all of that.

5. everything is equal and fair.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

if two users choose to battle each other, than this system wouldn't be needed, as they would know each other (in terms of being able to use personals and name flips) and be able to agree upon the terms of the battle.
Unread 01-27-2019, 03:48 AM   #1

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default ANON BATTLE POSTING

so during the brief time of illmania it's suddenly dawned on me how seemingly antiquated the process of starting an open battle on letsbeef is. the blind drop was an excellent addition, but it's strange it only extends to the verse being disguised.

my thought?

when you post an open it will show up as "battle #1 available" and you can choose to accept it and write whatever good shit you got. why do it this way?

1. sniping will be eliminated. (someone might get lucky and get matched with a rookie who didn't fill the box, but at the same time, they'll be low key pissed they used some good bars. that may seem like a bad thing, but every one is sick of super shitty verses being dropped against noobs just cause it's an ez win.)

2. rappers with questionable records (bnas, and others) will now have to face the music. they will be forced to elevate in order to win and uphold their records. (if we re-start records it's a double bonus)

3. if the "blind" aspect is also applied to the voting, then this would also solve a whole nother lot of issues.

4. respected rappers like lock, and shodan could post an open knowing that people aren't just going to leave it hanging out of fear they might lose.

5. this prevents the people responding from being able to use name flips and personals against whoever posted, giving them a MASSIVE advantage in the battle.

SIDE NOTES ABOUT BLIND VOTING:

if every aspect of the battle was blind, you submitted an open, somebody replies, then people vote not knowing who is who, well here's what could be solved.

1. buddy voting becomes extinct

2. asking for votes becomes extinct.

3. the power of rep becomes extinct.

4. bitching about "buddy voting" or someone having a "bigger name" becomes extinct as well. we've prob all done that. i know i've felt like i lost due to my name being way less known. i know i've bitched about it to. this system would end all of that.

5. everything is equal and fair.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

if two users choose to battle each other, than this system wouldn't be needed, as they would know each other (in terms of being able to use personals and name flips) and be able to agree upon the terms of the battle.

Unread 01-27-2019, 05:22 AM
Barzooka
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

This is by far the most amazing idea I've ever heard in terms of making this website better.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Even in terms of audio battling, this would still be a great idea. Except after the battle has been accepted it wouldn't be possible to make it anonymous.

However, I fail to see how this would eliminate people asking for votes on their battles. Either one of the emcees could just send a link of the battle to someone, and tell that someone which verse was theirs. Was their something I missed?

Either way I can see this boosting site activity and I don't see how this could be a bad idea.
Originally Posted by JayDiamondScarFace View Post
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 01-27-2019, 05:22 AM   #2

Barzooka
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.12/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.12/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.95/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 353 audio / 268 text

This is by far the most amazing idea I've ever heard in terms of making this website better.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Even in terms of audio battling, this would still be a great idea. Except after the battle has been accepted it wouldn't be possible to make it anonymous.

However, I fail to see how this would eliminate people asking for votes on their battles. Either one of the emcees could just send a link of the battle to someone, and tell that someone which verse was theirs. Was their something I missed?

Either way I can see this boosting site activity and I don't see how this could be a bad idea.
I got a 1.73¢,made 3$dollars twooday and bought some tobacco smoke with 2$dollars haha my bank account empty no credit cards i m freestyle the money,since young money
Unread 01-27-2019, 06:30 AM
EtH

Or no one will reply to an open because you don't want to end up battling Seuls best verse with something you decided to write quick for a bit of fun.
Unread 01-27-2019, 06:30 AM   #3

EtH

Or no one will reply to an open because you don't want to end up battling Seuls best verse with something you decided to write quick for a bit of fun.

Unread 01-27-2019, 07:28 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
but that's the point. seul shouldn't have to wait till a tourny to post some fire jsut because no one would respond to his open. prob some noob would wind up wasting the bars, this way, that might happen, but it's a fair chance that everybody gets a shot at everybody. no bias, no picking and choosing. bring your good stuff and rely on yourself to win. dont rely on buddy voting and challenging weaker foes.
Unread 01-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #4

joan of arc

Quote:
but that's the point. seul shouldn't have to wait till a tourny to post some fire jsut because no one would respond to his open. prob some noob would wind up wasting the bars, this way, that might happen, but it's a fair chance that everybody gets a shot at everybody. no bias, no picking and choosing. bring your good stuff and rely on yourself to win. dont rely on buddy voting and challenging weaker foes.

Unread 01-27-2019, 07:39 AM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Living Tribunal View Post
But what if I don't want to write the dopest shit Ive ever wrote?

Your plan us for everyone to ALWAYS write their best, which would greatly decrease activity.
Unread 01-27-2019, 07:39 AM   #5

EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Living Tribunal View Post

Your plan us for everyone to ALWAYS write their best, which would greatly decrease activity.

Unread 01-27-2019, 08:03 AM
Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
You're absolutely right. That's where the left testicle, as well as the right one comes in. It's called nutting up.

If I saw an anonymous freestyle I would take it no matter what and knowing that it could be someone who's really good or someone who's downright horrible.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:

Do you really think so? I feel like the lazier emcees may not like it but the more content writers would be kicked into overdrive.
Unread 01-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #6

Barzooka
Ranked Audio Record
153 Won / 83 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
3 Won / 2 Lost

Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 353 audio / 268 text

Quote:
You're absolutely right. That's where the left testicle, as well as the right one comes in. It's called nutting up.

If I saw an anonymous freestyle I would take it no matter what and knowing that it could be someone who's really good or someone who's downright horrible.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:

Do you really think so? I feel like the lazier emcees may not like it but the more content writers would be kicked into overdrive.
Unread 01-27-2019, 08:14 AM
joan of arc

Quote:

you're making a valid point. it'd probably be an issue where people would be skeptical to respond to open battles, but eventually people will write some bars they think are dope and throw it out there. think of what it takes for a good writer to post an open. i've seen 0. you're the only person i've seen post an open with much merit in the past three months (also @Edgeworth did) but this was for the sake of the draft. which is a good thing, but think about a month from now when hype dies down. and even now honestly. good writers don't battle. they wait for tournaments. so perhaps lowering the amount of tournaments and making battles anon will actually increase site activity. think about a new user. when they first get on, they're just gonna battle whoever whenever. most of em quickly catch on and once they do they stop challenging people better than them and they stop posting opens.
Unread 01-27-2019, 08:14 AM   #7

joan of arc

Quote:

you're making a valid point. it'd probably be an issue where people would be skeptical to respond to open battles, but eventually people will write some bars they think are dope and throw it out there. think of what it takes for a good writer to post an open. i've seen 0. you're the only person i've seen post an open with much merit in the past three months (also @Edgeworth did) but this was for the sake of the draft. which is a good thing, but think about a month from now when hype dies down. and even now honestly. good writers don't battle. they wait for tournaments. so perhaps lowering the amount of tournaments and making battles anon will actually increase site activity. think about a new user. when they first get on, they're just gonna battle whoever whenever. most of em quickly catch on and once they do they stop challenging people better than them and they stop posting opens.

Unread 01-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Aggo

I can see this being bad for votes. Of I see edge or lock or someone like that drops a battle I'm likely to click cuz I know there will be some content in there worthy of my time. If I never know who's battle in clicking on I'm gonna be less mmhmm incentivized to click at all.
Unread 01-27-2019, 08:33 AM   #8

Aggo

I can see this being bad for votes. Of I see edge or lock or someone like that drops a battle I'm likely to click cuz I know there will be some content in there worthy of my time. If I never know who's battle in clicking on I'm gonna be less mmhmm incentivized to click at all.

Unread 01-27-2019, 09:22 AM
joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
that's the whole point. people won't vote on battles unless it's hype. maybe not even then. this fixes that. if you want credits you vote. if you wanna find a hot battle, read and vote on more than one. maybe it's not perfect honestly you have a valid point in some ways, but for me this showcases my biggest problem with the current system. it's all about name value.

maybe that isn't the worst thing. but it's true that this site has the issue.

i can't agree or disagree about votes decreasing. i can see the argument from both sides
Unread 01-27-2019, 09:22 AM   #9

joan of arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
that's the whole point. people won't vote on battles unless it's hype. maybe not even then. this fixes that. if you want credits you vote. if you wanna find a hot battle, read and vote on more than one. maybe it's not perfect honestly you have a valid point in some ways, but for me this showcases my biggest problem with the current system. it's all about name value.

maybe that isn't the worst thing. but it's true that this site has the issue.

i can't agree or disagree about votes decreasing. i can see the argument from both sides

Unread 01-27-2019, 09:27 AM
EtH

I think we just need people to lead by example with opens. Save your great shit for tournaments, try some other shit by dropping an open or just have some fun with it.

I'm gonna continue dropping them anyway.

Also another fsctor to this is you're suggesting coding AGAIN. We've been over this. X isnt doing shit. NOBLE wont even vote on tournament battles hes promoting. Admins aren't implementing anything.
Unread 01-27-2019, 09:27 AM   #10

EtH

I think we just need people to lead by example with opens. Save your great shit for tournaments, try some other shit by dropping an open or just have some fun with it.

I'm gonna continue dropping them anyway.

Also another fsctor to this is you're suggesting coding AGAIN. We've been over this. X isnt doing shit. NOBLE wont even vote on tournament battles hes promoting. Admins aren't implementing anything.