Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05-07-2019, 02:39 AM
ShereKhan
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default i got some shit i got to speak about

the voting criteria makes absolutely zero sense on this site. all I get is you need to make more syllables rhyme, you need more multies, you need to cap your rhymes..why? why do I need to make 4 or 5 or or 6 syllable words rhyme in order to have fire material? who raps like that..thats why damn all the comments on these battles say "your flow was unnatural". ofcourse it comes across as unnatural whee you have to use rhymezone to write your verse..so many of these battles have very forced lines and reaches because of trying to rhyme "multi syllable" rhymes.. a fire punch is a fire punch regardless of how many syllables or words rhyme before it..if have of this shit was being spit , a lot of these people on here would've been boo'd off the stage because its forced. hardly ever have I heared his MATERIAL was better or CONTENT was better, or SCHEME was better or PUNCHES were better or PERSONALS were better or ANGLE was better.. it always you need to force more syllables into your rhymes to the point where it don't make since but it looks legible. I like all my rhymes to make sense. im not going to force it..maybe im just more use to the live battling style. a schemer like chilla jones, or an angler like t-top or a guy like brizz rawsteen would never make it on here..now im done ranting..the explanations in these comments were irking me..im leave this to yall professionals..
Unread 05-07-2019, 02:39 AM   #1

ShereKhan

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default i got some shit i got to speak about

the voting criteria makes absolutely zero sense on this site. all I get is you need to make more syllables rhyme, you need more multies, you need to cap your rhymes..why? why do I need to make 4 or 5 or or 6 syllable words rhyme in order to have fire material? who raps like that..thats why damn all the comments on these battles say "your flow was unnatural". ofcourse it comes across as unnatural whee you have to use rhymezone to write your verse..so many of these battles have very forced lines and reaches because of trying to rhyme "multi syllable" rhymes.. a fire punch is a fire punch regardless of how many syllables or words rhyme before it..if have of this shit was being spit , a lot of these people on here would've been boo'd off the stage because its forced. hardly ever have I heared his MATERIAL was better or CONTENT was better, or SCHEME was better or PUNCHES were better or PERSONALS were better or ANGLE was better.. it always you need to force more syllables into your rhymes to the point where it don't make since but it looks legible. I like all my rhymes to make sense. im not going to force it..maybe im just more use to the live battling style. a schemer like chilla jones, or an angler like t-top or a guy like brizz rawsteen would never make it on here..now im done ranting..the explanations in these comments were irking me..im leave this to yall professionals..

Unread 05-07-2019, 02:44 AM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
A lot of live battlers DO use 4-6 syllable multis, though. Granted, some of the material I've seen on here IS worded kinda wonky at times, so I'll give you that one. However, being a punchline artist isn't the only thing that'll win battles around here. Some lyricism goes a long way in helping out your cause if you do have the punches to match it in your battles. The rating system seems a bit too formulaic at times, I get that, but you still have to keep in mind that it isn't live battling. I get that's what it's based off of, but live battling and text battling are clearly different for obvious reasons. Some things that work in text battling may not work in live battling, and vice versa. Just something you might need to get used to, but that's the beauty of it. If you decided to stick in your own comfort zone regarding just "text battles need to be more like live battles", then you wouldn't grow as a writer on here, persay. Just embrace this for what it is while you're here and see how well you improve while using this style. Then when you wanna venture back in to a live-battling format (if that ever happens for you), then you have that style to fall back on, as well.

Last edited by Locchart; 05-07-2019 at 02:50 AM.
Unread 05-07-2019, 02:44 AM   #2

Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
A lot of live battlers DO use 4-6 syllable multis, though. Granted, some of the material I've seen on here IS worded kinda wonky at times, so I'll give you that one. However, being a punchline artist isn't the only thing that'll win battles around here. Some lyricism goes a long way in helping out your cause if you do have the punches to match it in your battles. The rating system seems a bit too formulaic at times, I get that, but you still have to keep in mind that it isn't live battling. I get that's what it's based off of, but live battling and text battling are clearly different for obvious reasons. Some things that work in text battling may not work in live battling, and vice versa. Just something you might need to get used to, but that's the beauty of it. If you decided to stick in your own comfort zone regarding just "text battles need to be more like live battles", then you wouldn't grow as a writer on here, persay. Just embrace this for what it is while you're here and see how well you improve while using this style. Then when you wanna venture back in to a live-battling format (if that ever happens for you), then you have that style to fall back on, as well.

Last edited by Locchart; 05-07-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Unread 05-07-2019, 03:00 AM
joan of arc

" if he claim vitory over Khan without "reality or fact" that shit is DELUSIVE"

before you complain about how voters vote, you need to self reflect. how can you claim that your fire punches are ignored when you write this ^^^^

that isn't a punch, that you giving a definition to a word. Delusive: without reality or fact. you see what i'm saying? that isn't a punch. and delusive, reclusive, exclusive...these are abc, 123 rhymes. if i was listening to a live battle and a dude was doing one word multis i'd LOL an skip his verse.

but i' not trying to hate. i'm trying to force you to see what the voters see. and to clarify? TEXT ISN"T AUDIO. in a text battle, it's all about wit, technique, and execution. in a live battles it's about performance. in a text battle, and on here especially, the key to winning is being clean with your grammar and setups. if there's no errors or flawed logic in your bars then you're a leg up from most.
Unread 05-07-2019, 03:00 AM   #3

joan of arc

" if he claim vitory over Khan without "reality or fact" that shit is DELUSIVE"

before you complain about how voters vote, you need to self reflect. how can you claim that your fire punches are ignored when you write this ^^^^

that isn't a punch, that you giving a definition to a word. Delusive: without reality or fact. you see what i'm saying? that isn't a punch. and delusive, reclusive, exclusive...these are abc, 123 rhymes. if i was listening to a live battle and a dude was doing one word multis i'd LOL an skip his verse.

but i' not trying to hate. i'm trying to force you to see what the voters see. and to clarify? TEXT ISN"T AUDIO. in a text battle, it's all about wit, technique, and execution. in a live battles it's about performance. in a text battle, and on here especially, the key to winning is being clean with your grammar and setups. if there's no errors or flawed logic in your bars then you're a leg up from most.

Unread 05-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Locchart

Aaaaaaand he deleted.
Unread 05-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #4

Locchart

Aaaaaaand he deleted.

Unread 05-07-2019, 06:30 PM