Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Shodan
Mentioned: 1226 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
The site was coded by X, Pseudo Him and V. Pseudo Nim coded most of the back end stuff and was the main developer.
Who is V? I don't believe I've ever heard of him.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 12-17-2017, 10:14 PM   #31

Shodan
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1023 text
Mentioned: 1226 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)

Quote:
The site was coded by X, Pseudo Him and V. Pseudo Nim coded most of the back end stuff and was the main developer.
Who is V? I don't believe I've ever heard of him.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 12-17-2017, 11:44 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3617 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=20
V is a former admin and is the guy whose voice you hear in this video:
https://www.letsbeef.com/video/lb-final.html
When LB started, X's role was more of the front-end developer/graphic design guy, Pseudo Nim's role was more of the back-end developer guy, and V was more of the business man and took care of the business/legal aspect of things.
To my knowledge, he was never really involved as a day to day site admin type of person. He left and sold his share of the site a long time ago (around 2010?) to X and Pseudo Nim, but still continued to work with X on other sites and business ventures, including Rocbattle.
I've met both X and Pseudo Nim in person (separately) but I never met V.
Unread 12-17-2017, 11:44 PM   #32

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text

https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=20
V is a former admin and is the guy whose voice you hear in this video:
https://www.letsbeef.com/video/lb-final.html
When LB started, X's role was more of the front-end developer/graphic design guy, Pseudo Nim's role was more of the back-end developer guy, and V was more of the business man and took care of the business/legal aspect of things.
To my knowledge, he was never really involved as a day to day site admin type of person. He left and sold his share of the site a long time ago (around 2010?) to X and Pseudo Nim, but still continued to work with X on other sites and business ventures, including Rocbattle.
I've met both X and Pseudo Nim in person (separately) but I never met V.
Unread 12-18-2017, 09:02 AM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
I think you're vastly underestimating the complexity of building something like this. Especially with consideration to the fact that everything is built as a hack to work off of the forum system. There's a LOT of fuckery happening in the backend. I will say that starting from scratch probably WOULD be easier than going in and fucking around with someone else's code. Especially since I'm willing to bet the code for this site is spaghetti as fuck after all the shit it's been through as far as development goes.
I'm talking about the main part of the site being the battle system. Im not entirely sure if the player is hand coded or if it's a plugin so I'll amend and remove anything to do with audio.

But as for the battle system itself? Very easy. There's quite a lot of little bits to it for sure, but it's a lot of small little easy sections which add up pretty effortlessly. There was some solid innovation in the design to begin with but we're well beyond the time where it deserves credit.

The hacks are mostly just downloads. How many of LBs vbulli hacks are handwritten and specific to only this site?

It's not a complex idea. Because it offers no integration with apps or external sources, nothing is hard. To actually bring LB forward I wouldn't be anywhere near the level required, because just making the relevant aspects responsive yet consistent with the desktop site, I can't break that up logically right now. But where Lb currently sits? Not hard.
Unread 12-18-2017, 09:02 AM   #33

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
I think you're vastly underestimating the complexity of building something like this. Especially with consideration to the fact that everything is built as a hack to work off of the forum system. There's a LOT of fuckery happening in the backend. I will say that starting from scratch probably WOULD be easier than going in and fucking around with someone else's code. Especially since I'm willing to bet the code for this site is spaghetti as fuck after all the shit it's been through as far as development goes.
I'm talking about the main part of the site being the battle system. Im not entirely sure if the player is hand coded or if it's a plugin so I'll amend and remove anything to do with audio.

But as for the battle system itself? Very easy. There's quite a lot of little bits to it for sure, but it's a lot of small little easy sections which add up pretty effortlessly. There was some solid innovation in the design to begin with but we're well beyond the time where it deserves credit.

The hacks are mostly just downloads. How many of LBs vbulli hacks are handwritten and specific to only this site?

It's not a complex idea. Because it offers no integration with apps or external sources, nothing is hard. To actually bring LB forward I wouldn't be anywhere near the level required, because just making the relevant aspects responsive yet consistent with the desktop site, I can't break that up logically right now. But where Lb currently sits? Not hard.

Unread 12-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Louie Dawgs
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Guilty View Post
Soooooo there won't ever be a Fully Mobile LB huh?
No. It would probably require an entire rewrite of the front end. A fully mobile Letsbeef would be a long term undertaking.

Seems like me an' you bout had enough,
Cause man, it's tough to keep the fam in touch,
And to add it up, this rappin stuff got me flippin out like a blackjack bust

Don't give a fuck if you sound like Master P, Mobb Deep or Remy Martin,
Cuz even if the next to try us is the best of rhymers?
Still get bodied on plates like Jeffery Dahmer
Unread 12-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #34

Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 211 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Guilty View Post
Soooooo there won't ever be a Fully Mobile LB huh?
No. It would probably require an entire rewrite of the front end. A fully mobile Letsbeef would be a long term undertaking.

Unread 12-19-2017, 12:06 AM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

That's not true. There will be a mobile site, probably at some point in 2018. It is already under development, and everyone currently on staff has seen it and knows what I'm talking about.

Before I went to jail, I had almost completed a mobile site based on the Zurb Foundation framework. X decided to start all over from scratch using Bootstrap because it is more cohesive with the later versions of vbulletin which we plan on upgrading to because those are also built on Bootstrap.
I know from personal experience that rewriting the front end is not hard at all. The hard part will be coding some of the new features we plan to have. Also, if and when we upgrade vbulletin, we are likely to lose a lot of features we currently enjoy because they come from mods and plug-ins for which there are no equivalent in the latter versions.
Unread 12-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #35

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

That's not true. There will be a mobile site, probably at some point in 2018. It is already under development, and everyone currently on staff has seen it and knows what I'm talking about.

Before I went to jail, I had almost completed a mobile site based on the Zurb Foundation framework. X decided to start all over from scratch using Bootstrap because it is more cohesive with the later versions of vbulletin which we plan on upgrading to because those are also built on Bootstrap.
I know from personal experience that rewriting the front end is not hard at all. The hard part will be coding some of the new features we plan to have. Also, if and when we upgrade vbulletin, we are likely to lose a lot of features we currently enjoy because they come from mods and plug-ins for which there are no equivalent in the latter versions.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Louie Dawgs
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Quote:

I mean, I guess you can just set size limitations in the HTML and create a responsive site like that, but that's a pretty crappy way to build. PHP is a pretty old language and doesn't really have any of the advantages that a modern framework would have.

I'm not a PHP guy since it's an older paradigm that I don't really see a need for in the modern day, but here's what I see wrong with doing it that way....

Lack of newer plugins and packages due to PHP being outdated.

A responsive PHP/HTML would struggle a lot with speed because of too many calls to the api due to the lack of a proper state container.

Lack of mobile browser caching beyond what HTML provides that I'm aware of.

Lack of a single page design that would limit calls to the server.

Speed is the name of the game in mobile, and PHP sacrifices a lot of the advantages that most pages get in the modern era.

I have spent a lot of time working on front end architecture, and I really think that building a site of this size in PHP is a really bad idea. For a real mobile site, to me you would rewrite most of the front-end.

There are some sites out there that PHP is still useful for. Letsbeef is probably not one of them, I think it's too large and complex for a really good PHP mobile app. Other frameworks were designed largely to help deal with complexity on the frontend.

A LB mobile site today would better than what we have now, but I strongly suspect would struggle with performance. Ideally the site would be re-written for mobile, but that's a lot of work and I guess I get why that won't happen.

Unread 12-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #36

Louie Dawgs
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 211 text

Quote:

I mean, I guess you can just set size limitations in the HTML and create a responsive site like that, but that's a pretty crappy way to build. PHP is a pretty old language and doesn't really have any of the advantages that a modern framework would have.

I'm not a PHP guy since it's an older paradigm that I don't really see a need for in the modern day, but here's what I see wrong with doing it that way....

Lack of newer plugins and packages due to PHP being outdated.

A responsive PHP/HTML would struggle a lot with speed because of too many calls to the api due to the lack of a proper state container.

Lack of mobile browser caching beyond what HTML provides that I'm aware of.

Lack of a single page design that would limit calls to the server.

Speed is the name of the game in mobile, and PHP sacrifices a lot of the advantages that most pages get in the modern era.

I have spent a lot of time working on front end architecture, and I really think that building a site of this size in PHP is a really bad idea. For a real mobile site, to me you would rewrite most of the front-end.

There are some sites out there that PHP is still useful for. Letsbeef is probably not one of them, I think it's too large and complex for a really good PHP mobile app. Other frameworks were designed largely to help deal with complexity on the frontend.

A LB mobile site today would better than what we have now, but I strongly suspect would struggle with performance. Ideally the site would be re-written for mobile, but that's a lot of work and I guess I get why that won't happen.
Unread 12-19-2017, 07:47 PM
EtH

Louie, NOBLE has basically been defending Pugz, X, basically anyone in charge since day one. I mean he used to bitch so much at me bitching about v4....now we're sitting here on v3 4 years later. The "wait and see" "it's happening" bollocks means fucking nothing.
Unread 12-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #37

EtH

Louie, NOBLE has basically been defending Pugz, X, basically anyone in charge since day one. I mean he used to bitch so much at me bitching about v4....now we're sitting here on v3 4 years later. The "wait and see" "it's happening" bollocks means fucking nothing.

Unread 12-20-2017, 12:42 AM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Where in this thread have I defended anyone or said "wait and see?"
Unread 12-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #38

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Where in this thread have I defended anyone or said "wait and see?"
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:33 AM
EtH

Its not true that there won't be a mobile site. It'll probably be out in 2018.

In other words...wait and see.
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #39

EtH

Its not true that there won't be a mobile site. It'll probably be out in 2018.

In other words...wait and see.

Unread 12-20-2017, 10:56 AM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

I'm not telling you to wait though. I'm just giving my own guess as to when we may see a mobile LB, and the statement wasn't made to defend anyone. You don't have to wait if you don't want to.
Unread 12-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #40

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

I'm not telling you to wait though. I'm just giving my own guess as to when we may see a mobile LB, and the statement wasn't made to defend anyone. You don't have to wait if you don't want to.

Tags
rantismegagay