Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-22-2017, 09:45 PM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I think a lot of you aren't realizing how LB came to be.

Let's just make up some percentages that will show it mathematically.

So when a person joins the site, they more than likely will suck and lose their first battle. This is disheartening, especially if they had a background (like me on Bebo) where they have convinced themselves that they are dope as fuck.

I'm bored and not gonna write numbers like previously, but the end goal here was going to be that LB basically had the high recruitment. A huge percentage of people joining the site have zero interaction. No battles, no crews, no cyphers. Another huge percentage have minimal interaction, probably losing a battle and having a hissy fit. Some of these things will never change. But at one point LB had the numbers where for every 100 people, 10 stuck around after a month, and if we had 1000 people joining a month that's 100 people sticking around long term.

I was tracking LB numbers last year. We were getting okay sign ups but interaction was very low. I wanted LB to create a (or repost the old) tutorial video explaining how to use the site. I also wanted battlers to create more crews and recruit newer guys, focusing all their attention on giving interactivity to the new members.

One thing people forget is how you started. I, and almost everyone, started by accepting open 8 line battles and joining a random crew. There are no more low level shit crews on the site. No one's dropping open 8s. There is nothing for a new guy to do, because you guys focus on making threads like this instead of actually giving them a site. If you want LB to make it back to some high state, forget about yourself, forget about the vets. We all don't battle like a new guy, and probably never will. Very few are dropping 5 battles a day ever again. None of us give a fuck about all time rankings. I keep seeing Nicholas and X-Cal be praised as if you guys were even active and functional members in 2016. You weren't, like I'm not. This happens, it's natural. It'll always happen with "vets". So give up that side of the site, and turn all of your attention to giving the next gen a worthwhile site.
Unread 07-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #30

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I think a lot of you aren't realizing how LB came to be.

Let's just make up some percentages that will show it mathematically.

So when a person joins the site, they more than likely will suck and lose their first battle. This is disheartening, especially if they had a background (like me on Bebo) where they have convinced themselves that they are dope as fuck.

I'm bored and not gonna write numbers like previously, but the end goal here was going to be that LB basically had the high recruitment. A huge percentage of people joining the site have zero interaction. No battles, no crews, no cyphers. Another huge percentage have minimal interaction, probably losing a battle and having a hissy fit. Some of these things will never change. But at one point LB had the numbers where for every 100 people, 10 stuck around after a month, and if we had 1000 people joining a month that's 100 people sticking around long term.

I was tracking LB numbers last year. We were getting okay sign ups but interaction was very low. I wanted LB to create a (or repost the old) tutorial video explaining how to use the site. I also wanted battlers to create more crews and recruit newer guys, focusing all their attention on giving interactivity to the new members.

One thing people forget is how you started. I, and almost everyone, started by accepting open 8 line battles and joining a random crew. There are no more low level shit crews on the site. No one's dropping open 8s. There is nothing for a new guy to do, because you guys focus on making threads like this instead of actually giving them a site. If you want LB to make it back to some high state, forget about yourself, forget about the vets. We all don't battle like a new guy, and probably never will. Very few are dropping 5 battles a day ever again. None of us give a fuck about all time rankings. I keep seeing Nicholas and X-Cal be praised as if you guys were even active and functional members in 2016. You weren't, like I'm not. This happens, it's natural. It'll always happen with "vets". So give up that side of the site, and turn all of your attention to giving the next gen a worthwhile site.