1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

[quote=Biggi Mombasa;1177887]First, what Erupt is saying is mostly bullshit. Battling works similarly to boxing. You can have all the style in the world, slick as fuck, but if you're not landing punches you're not winning fights. Something has to connect. Now a slick or unconventional style can completely lead to those punches landing cleaner than they would otherwise, but the style is there to supplement the punches. The offence and attack is everything.

That's why someone like Reefer sucked to me. He'd fit one punch into 6 lines. If you're opponent has landed three to your one, your one better be a fucking haymaker or you're dropping a decision.

Now to Erupts credit, I think he's right about everyone's writing styles. I know I take a lot of credit but when you consider it's guys like Lock, Bleu, Manny, Shodan etc. that pushes the current gen of the site, I think that ACs style of clean writing led to the current point of LB. Guys like Grizz or Dissizit were so fucking bad and we all knew that's not how we wanted the site to write.

The problem with that is, it's where everyone stopped. Everyone just became a clean writer and quit evolving. You mention you teaching Lockhart but that's a terrible example. Lockhart has zero style to his verse. That's why he sat as a fringe battler for ages. He broke through not because he has a style, but on the strength of his punches alone. To battle without an edge you need to fucking nail every technical aspect and you need to be extremely good at coming up with punches.

That's my problem with most of the guys now. Since the style is so generic and plain, I shark every single little issue in the lines because if you're gonna write generic you better be fucking good at it. Like, perfect.

What you want to do is get the clean, technical, basic style down first. Nail that shit. Then, experiment. Erupt did that by trying to eliminate generic deliveries to his bars. He did everything in his power to avoid similes and try and go for a different approach.

You can definitely be a successful battler with very little style. UA, Bleu, Lockhart. These are guys who just spit very clean, very straight forward, keep your punches going from A to B but make sure the punch itself is fucking killer.

But to shortcut that, you need to find a style. A way to stand out. You all know me as the personals guy and while it doesn't always pay off, I have been competitive with guys I wouldn't stand a chance against in an impersonal normal battle. For me, tapping into my sort of roasting, trolling, comedy sort of style is what it took to have an edge. I dunno if it'll work for everyone but try and find a way to add your personality into your bars. When you think of great battle rappers, they each have so much personality in their performance. It's easier when doing it like but you wouldn't imagine Shuffle T sitting down and thinking "Man these gun bars are fucking sick they'll make the other guy shit himself".[end quote by retarded ass nigga))

You literally go from saying what I’m saying is mostly bullshit, to saying that “you need to find a style to stand out” ...

That was my whole point to begin with you fucking idiot.
For two I never said punches weren’t important. They are hella important, but the other elements to texting is equally important.

If you eliminate the other elements, then everyone ends up looking the same with their styles hence we see now.

Don’t even begin to act like you know what I’m talking about lil nigga you couldn’t construct a decent punch to save your life.

Acting like you know the first thing about constructing a decent text verse Lmao

You’ve never been considered average let alone anyone that anybody should be taking tips from.

You completely missed the point I was making, because you lack the skill to comprehend it.

Ez

Last edited by Erupt da Monsta; 09-27-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Unread 09-27-2019, 09:00 AM   #11

Erupt da Monsta Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!Erupt da Monsta is on FIRE! 15+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
24 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 15 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 96 audio / 723 text
Mentioned: 1899 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)

[quote=Biggi Mombasa;1177887]First, what Erupt is saying is mostly bullshit. Battling works similarly to boxing. You can have all the style in the world, slick as fuck, but if you're not landing punches you're not winning fights. Something has to connect. Now a slick or unconventional style can completely lead to those punches landing cleaner than they would otherwise, but the style is there to supplement the punches. The offence and attack is everything.

That's why someone like Reefer sucked to me. He'd fit one punch into 6 lines. If you're opponent has landed three to your one, your one better be a fucking haymaker or you're dropping a decision.

Now to Erupts credit, I think he's right about everyone's writing styles. I know I take a lot of credit but when you consider it's guys like Lock, Bleu, Manny, Shodan etc. that pushes the current gen of the site, I think that ACs style of clean writing led to the current point of LB. Guys like Grizz or Dissizit were so fucking bad and we all knew that's not how we wanted the site to write.

The problem with that is, it's where everyone stopped. Everyone just became a clean writer and quit evolving. You mention you teaching Lockhart but that's a terrible example. Lockhart has zero style to his verse. That's why he sat as a fringe battler for ages. He broke through not because he has a style, but on the strength of his punches alone. To battle without an edge you need to fucking nail every technical aspect and you need to be extremely good at coming up with punches.

That's my problem with most of the guys now. Since the style is so generic and plain, I shark every single little issue in the lines because if you're gonna write generic you better be fucking good at it. Like, perfect.

What you want to do is get the clean, technical, basic style down first. Nail that shit. Then, experiment. Erupt did that by trying to eliminate generic deliveries to his bars. He did everything in his power to avoid similes and try and go for a different approach.

You can definitely be a successful battler with very little style. UA, Bleu, Lockhart. These are guys who just spit very clean, very straight forward, keep your punches going from A to B but make sure the punch itself is fucking killer.

But to shortcut that, you need to find a style. A way to stand out. You all know me as the personals guy and while it doesn't always pay off, I have been competitive with guys I wouldn't stand a chance against in an impersonal normal battle. For me, tapping into my sort of roasting, trolling, comedy sort of style is what it took to have an edge. I dunno if it'll work for everyone but try and find a way to add your personality into your bars. When you think of great battle rappers, they each have so much personality in their performance. It's easier when doing it like but you wouldn't imagine Shuffle T sitting down and thinking "Man these gun bars are fucking sick they'll make the other guy shit himself".[end quote by retarded ass nigga))

You literally go from saying what I’m saying is mostly bullshit, to saying that “you need to find a style to stand out” ...

That was my whole point to begin with you fucking idiot.
For two I never said punches weren’t important. They are hella important, but the other elements to texting is equally important.

If you eliminate the other elements, then everyone ends up looking the same with their styles hence we see now.

Don’t even begin to act like you know what I’m talking about lil nigga you couldn’t construct a decent punch to save your life.

Acting like you know the first thing about constructing a decent text verse Lmao

You’ve never been considered average let alone anyone that anybody should be taking tips from.

You completely missed the point I was making, because you lack the skill to comprehend it.

Ez

Last edited by Erupt da Monsta; 09-27-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Tags
4thesite