Battle Feed
CCeee vs Dredd Tha Lead
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a crew draft/league?
Yes 9 60.00%
No 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Unread 06-18-2018, 04:57 PM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
There aren't enough "vets" on the site for your argument to be valid. The crew numbers are inhibiting voting. That's what this primarily comes down to. They should be restricted because of it. If the number should already be restricted, why not use that restriction as an opportunity to build something new and fun for the site? This has nothing to do with "vets" or "noobs." It has to do with the sheer volume of members in crews, with the stagnating membership growth of the site.

Also, AC's is riddled with "vet" accounts, if we do go that direction. Not that I believe crew drafts are inherently linked to the number of vets in a crew. But, if it were, half of your crew are "vets."

Lockhart.
Aggo.
Malishus.
Eth.
Dirty Work.
M-Rock.
Dysfunctional.
Rai.
Peaceful.
Freek.
Enfinite.
Letum.

These are all "vet" accounts, in that they've been on the site for a long period of time, and have somewhat of a reputation adhered to their name. Mind you, some of these people are inactive. But, that doesn't change the fact that they're "vets." And subsequently add rationale to a draft from your own perspective.
If there aren't enough vets then who's running the crews? You want quality voting, and if you're sitting in a bullshit crew with Bnas you don't contribute towards that.

Dirty Work - Doesn't vote.
M-Rock - Doesn't vote.
Dysfunctional - Doesn't vote.
Peaceful - Doesn't vote.
Freek - Doesn't vote.
Enfinite - Doesn't vote.
Letum - Doesn't vote.

How exactly is their inclusion in ACs hindering voting?
Unread 06-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #11

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
There aren't enough "vets" on the site for your argument to be valid. The crew numbers are inhibiting voting. That's what this primarily comes down to. They should be restricted because of it. If the number should already be restricted, why not use that restriction as an opportunity to build something new and fun for the site? This has nothing to do with "vets" or "noobs." It has to do with the sheer volume of members in crews, with the stagnating membership growth of the site.

Also, AC's is riddled with "vet" accounts, if we do go that direction. Not that I believe crew drafts are inherently linked to the number of vets in a crew. But, if it were, half of your crew are "vets."

Lockhart.
Aggo.
Malishus.
Eth.
Dirty Work.
M-Rock.
Dysfunctional.
Rai.
Peaceful.
Freek.
Enfinite.
Letum.

These are all "vet" accounts, in that they've been on the site for a long period of time, and have somewhat of a reputation adhered to their name. Mind you, some of these people are inactive. But, that doesn't change the fact that they're "vets." And subsequently add rationale to a draft from your own perspective.
If there aren't enough vets then who's running the crews? You want quality voting, and if you're sitting in a bullshit crew with Bnas you don't contribute towards that.

M-Rock - Doesn't vote.
Peaceful - Doesn't vote.
Freek - Doesn't vote.
Enfinite - Doesn't vote.
Letum - Doesn't vote.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnEtH1CaL View Post

M-Rock - Doesn't vote.
Peaceful - Doesn't vote.
Freek - Doesn't vote.
Enfinite - Doesn't vote.
Letum - Doesn't vote.

Let's say we start a draft with 5 crews. You're telling me there aren't 5 people to lead those crews? The point is, crew drafts are totally unrelated to "vets." You don't need to be a "vet" to run a crew. You don't need to be a "vet" to be a good voter. Your argument is a nonsequitur.

There are 16 people in your crew Eth. Most of whom are active voters(Freek included, I see you Freek. Shouts.)

Why would you want those 16 people to miss out on the opportunity for them to contribute to the site more wholly by being able to vote in higher numbers, and have higher numbers of votes on their battles? In a time when battles are struggling to get 5 votes, your forcing your crew members to miss out on 15 potential more votes with the sheer mass of your crew.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #12

Rant

Quote:

M-Rock - Doesn't vote.
Peaceful - Doesn't vote.
Freek - Doesn't vote.
Enfinite - Doesn't vote.
Letum - Doesn't vote.

Let's say we start a draft with 5 crews. You're telling me there aren't 5 people to lead those crews? The point is, crew drafts are totally unrelated to "vets." You don't need to be a "vet" to run a crew. You don't need to be a "vet" to be a good voter. Your argument is a nonsequitur.

There are 16 people in your crew Eth. Most of whom are active voters(Freek included, I see you Freek. Shouts.)

Why would you want those 16 people to miss out on the opportunity for them to contribute to the site more wholly by being able to vote in higher numbers, and have higher numbers of votes on their battles? In a time when battles are struggling to get 5 votes, your forcing your crew members to miss out on 15 potential more votes with the sheer mass of your crew.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:06 PM
EtH

Quote:

ACs, Apoc, Anbu, Red Ribbon Army, the crew Rant works to build instead of having people drafted for him.

5 crews. Sorted. Why draft?

Most of whom are active voters? We have 8 active people in the crew. I'm not sure about FreeK cause dude just appeared there haha. That's HALF of the entire crew.

If you care about site contribution, go and make a crew, pick up those brand new 0-1 battlers and train them into valuable voters. In other words, do what the other 4 active crews are doing.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #13

EtH

Quote:

ACs, Apoc, Anbu, Red Ribbon Army, the crew Rant works to build instead of having people drafted for him.

Most of whom are active voters? We have 8 active people in the crew. I'm not sure about FreeK cause dude just appeared there haha. That's HALF of the entire crew.

If you care about site contribution, go and make a crew, pick up those brand new 0-1 battlers and train them into valuable voters. In other words, do what the other 4 active crews are doing.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Rant

Quote:

Why hoard members, to continue to exacerbate a worsening stagnation in voting?

Edit: To answer your question, because a draft would be new. And it would shake things up. And it might incite some competition in the crew ranks. And because crews with fewer members means more voters.

Last edited by Rant; 06-18-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #14

Rant

Quote:

Edit: To answer your question, because a draft would be new. And it would shake things up. And it might incite some competition in the crew ranks. And because crews with fewer members means more voters.

Last edited by Rant; 06-18-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:19 PM
EtH

Quote:

Edit: To answer your question, because a draft would be new. And it would shak things up. And it might incite some competition in the crew ranks. And because crews with fewer members means more voters.
You want 5 crews with fewer members. Where do the other members go? How do new members on the site get an opportunity?

Why can't there be competition now? In the next two months, ACs hopes to have had 3 separate crew battles. Why can't those compete?
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #15

EtH

Quote:

Edit: To answer your question, because a draft would be new. And it would shak things up. And it might incite some competition in the crew ranks. And because crews with fewer members means more voters.
You want 5 crews with fewer members. Where do the other members go? How do new members on the site get an opportunity?

Why can't there be competition now? In the next two months, ACs hopes to have had 3 separate crew battles. Why can't those compete?

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:21 PM
Rant

It's also not as if I'm positing a FORCED draft. It'd be voluntary. You'd sign up. I do think there should be a forced limit on crew member numbers, though. On all crews.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote:
5 TO START. It's not a fixed number, man. More crews can be included as they're made.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #16

Rant

It's also not as if I'm positing a FORCED draft. It'd be voluntary. You'd sign up. I do think there should be a forced limit on crew member numbers, though. On all crews.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote:
5 TO START. It's not a fixed number, man. More crews can be included as they're made.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:21 PM
EtH

Quote:
Limit to what? If 5, like you propose, where do the additional 20 guys from ACs, Apoc, Red Ribbon and Anbu go? To a crew you run? To somewhere Shodan runs? If you guys wanted to be involved in crews and lead one...you'd go it.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #17

EtH

Quote:
Limit to what? If 5, like you propose, where do the additional 20 guys from ACs, Apoc, Red Ribbon and Anbu go? To a crew you run? To somewhere Shodan runs? If you guys wanted to be involved in crews and lead one...you'd go it.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:23 PM
Rant

Quote:
5 on the low end. 9 on the high end. What I want is MORE crews with FEWER members. I'm not trying to adhere the number of crews there are to a fixed number. I'm trying to both give the crews a purpose geared more toward their initially intended reason for conception, while also stimulating the voting on the site as a whole. Win-win style.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:23 PM   #18

Rant

Quote:
5 on the low end. 9 on the high end. What I want is MORE crews with FEWER members. I'm not trying to adhere the number of crews there are to a fixed number. I'm trying to both give the crews a purpose geared more toward their initially intended reason for conception, while also stimulating the voting on the site as a whole. Win-win style.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:25 PM
EtH

Quote:
9 on the high end? ACs has 9 active members, Apoc, Red Ribbon and Anbu have slightly less. Why draft again? We're all already within your confines.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #19

EtH

Quote:
9 on the high end? ACs has 9 active members, Apoc, Red Ribbon and Anbu have slightly less. Why draft again? We're all already within your confines.

Unread 06-18-2018, 05:25 PM
Rant

Quote:
Cut the fat then. How can AC's be within that confine if you're sitting with nearly 20 members in your crew? Inactive, active. 9 members means that. 9.
Unread 06-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #20

Rant

Quote:
Cut the fat then. How can AC's be within that confine if you're sitting with nearly 20 members in your crew? Inactive, active. 9 members means that. 9.

Tags
rantlogic