Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Flako Boom
Ranked #-- this Season
6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars6.37/10 stars
Crew: None
Reppin: Sacramento, California, United States
HOTTEST AUDIO BATTLE

VS
Sam E Scam
Ranked #-- this Season
9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars9/10 stars
Crew: None
Reppin:Chicago, Illinois, United States

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
CCeee vs Dredd Tha Lead
Style: Written
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-21-2019, 10:31 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost
Default LBT December 2019 Magazine

LBT Unsanctioned Magazine

Introduction

What's happening bitches? So basically, I have wrote a bunch of stuff while bored in work that maybe lacks the structure of my other magazines throughout LB history but god damnit I'm gonna post it anyways.

This magazine will largely focus on the LBT Unsanctioned event, which can be found here.

This iteration will focus on breakdowns on the upcoming matches. Future ones will have a little bit more engagement and hopefully some different stuff, but for now we're going to look at the matches at hand and discuss what might occur.

Main Event
Kiwi Peewee Vs Shodan
The Battlers
Kiwi Peewee isn’t the first person you think of when you consider an LBT title shot at current, however the role of the perenial underdog suits him and he is relishing this opportunity to showcase his skills on the big stage. After winning a #1 contenders match against then-champion Lockhart back in August, it wasn’t until December when LBT runner Rai was able to put Kiwi in the championship match. With only one win in the competition behind him, there will be a lot of experience against Kiwi but with his constant improvements in refining his punchlines and smoothing out his rhyming, this might be the moment that everything falls into place.
Shodan is currently in his second reign as LBT Champion, a feat only 3 other people have accomplished. He managed to secure the title with a win over Xwizit, making one successful defence against Rai before dropping the strap to Aggo. A recent victory over O_G saw him walk away with the vacant title and he is determined to put together a more impressive win streak this time around.
Although he started his time on LBT with quite a fractured and struggled style, over the years he managed to smooth things out and now has a very clean, simplistic delivery which compliments his ability to come up with creative, out of the box punches.

The Story So Far
Honestly? No clue. I’m not entirely sure how someone could possibly win a contenders match in August, and somehow get a shot in December? The incumbent made some decisions about the league that I don’t specifically understand or agree with, however Kiwi has this opportunity and that is the most important thing.
Shodan couldn’t care less about his opponent from speaking with him. He is happy to take on anyone, anytime, and I get the feeling that he believes that has has to face the best of the best to truely earn the LBT King title. Those matchups will come, but he is happy to face all challengers in the mean time.
Part of the story of this matchup is Gutz, who is waiting in the wings for the winner. Gutz also earned a #1 contenders match which was scheduled for late December, however when that card dissolved Gutz was scheduled to go ahead with that match, against TonganKid, on this event. Tongan decided against battling, leaving Gutz as the number one contender and set to face the winner of this main event match.

The Battle
It’s hard for me to sit and convince you that Kiwi is the favourite here. A lot of things will have to come together for him to walk out of this battle with the belt, however he is clearly improving at a solid rate and sometimes it takes that little bit of pressure for every piece of the jigsaw to clip together. That metaphor is totally better than “pressure makes diamonds”.
Kiwi is going to try and out-rhyme Shodan here. He comes in heavy handed with the multis, pushing them up to 6+ while Shodan will keep things a bit more simple than that. This very well could work in Shodan’s favour, as when things start to get complex they start to become convoluted.
I believe most will think that the punchline differential will be the major factor coming into this, and I can’t disagree. But if everything comes together for Kiwi on the night, and Shodan isn’t feeling up to his best level, we might just see the unexpected unfold before us.

Predictions
Kiwi Peewee - Autograph, IAmFlow, SupremeKnowledge
Shodan - EtH, Sabu, Student, Zezmer

Challenger Interview - Kiwi Peewee

How would you feel about your role as the underdog in this match and do you feel that effects the match in any way?

I honestly can’t remember a battle where I wasn’t the underdog, at least since I faced JayDiamond, so it’s business as usual for me. It does mean I have more to gain and less to lose which is a good thing.
I definitely think voters are swayed by names, reputations and titles, not that the last one applies to Sho. I‘ve definitely felt that influence myself. However, since it’s a final, I’m sure there’ll be a lot of experienced voters who can put that aside.

You seemed to touch on a lack of titles for Shodan. Why do you think he doesn’t have as many accolades as some other top battlers?

Shodan’s stayed consistent over the whole time I’ve been here. He’s made it to several finals. He’s just been really unlucky. I honestly think those title losses definitely could have gone the other way if the other top battlers weren’t all better than him.

What would you say is Shodan's biggest weakness in his verses?

I feel like this interview is a plot to reveal my strategies for dealing with Shodan. I think Shodan often tends to overthink his verses. In the tag final, he anticipated Rai and Good Grief would attack him for the angle that he's racist, so most of his verse was themed on flipping that. When they didn't, he was fucked. Also his accent is a bit out-there and a lot of his rhymes are just incomprehensible to the rest of his, for example him thinking "school" is two syllables.

And lastly, who is your dream opponent going forward?

Honestly Shodan is probably my dream opponent in the biggest bout thus far in my LB career. I have an unavenged loss to him where I still moan that he missed the deadline, and he's given me a lot of help over my time here. After that? Maybe you (EtH) if I'm honest. Your verses are always hilarious and personal which I think about be really fun to read about myself. But you also don't know that much about me, which I think would hinder your chances of beating me.

Main Card
Rai Vs EtH
I was originally writing this in the third person to seem impartial, but I feel like giving my insight into how this battle has come together.
Myself and Rai were cool throughout late 2017 in the small revival of ACs. Rai was a decent battler, but not someone you would consider a specifically big component of the crew. I went inactive for much of 2018 while Rai would go on to become on of the biggest draws on the site.
However in 2019, I took exception to Rai asking me on a few occasions if I had dirt on his opponents. I felt that this work should have been done by himself. When he wasked for dirt on Pugz, I thought I should have some fun.
Organik stole Pugz girlfriend. Pugz owned a Burger Shack that went bust. Pugz bought a used card from Row.
When it came out that Rai had been duped, he appeared to take it in his stride. However in a completely unrelated battle, Rai would bring up my name and use what he falled a “fact” about me to insult someone else.
When I questioned Rai, he said that this “personal” was a known fact. Given the nature of the accusation, I took offence to it and we scuffled on the forums.
Rai would call me out during this time while I saught out battles with more natural personals, avoiding this potential clash in favour of others. When I asked Rai who he wanted on this card, he only had one answer.
However with myself being critical of Rai running the LBT, and now in turn taking over the LBT from him, Rai will not be happy about how things transpired and with my slate completely clean, it’s the right time to make this match up.
Rai has one of the most impressive records in all of LBT, with a total of 24 battles without a single no show. I on the other hand have a fairly dismal record, sporting a flat 2-3 with 2 of the losses being no shows.
There has been talk recently about the legitimacy of Rai’s LBT King title, with ILLoKWENT taking some shots at how the rules were changed to suit Rai’s situation. Rai will be determined to put together an impressive winstreak to shut his detractors up and prove why he is one of the greatest ever to compete in LBT.

Predictions
Rai - Kiwi Peewee, Student
EtH - Autograph, IAmFlow, Sabu, SupremeKnowledge, Zezmer

Rieper Vs IAmFlow
Here on the LBT we’re all about making fresh matches and this is one that I believe has never been done before.
I feel like we should start by introducing IAmFlow. A ClassicK legend through and through, Flow was victorious over SwiftKeys (Hawttlanta) in Illmania 1, contributing to his crew’s victory in the first iteration of the event.
Flow holds victories over Just C, Dono, HVK, GOOD GRIEF, Multiple Madness, GrizzEAT, Mind Fuck, Dissizit, ViTRiOL, OLDE ENGLISH, amongst others.
For the past 5 years, IAmFlow has been sporadically competing on Lyrical Assault, mostly switching his focus onto writing topicals.
Lockhart doesn’t need much of an introduction. We all saw Lock rise up to win almost every prize the site has on offer. When I asked him who he’d like to battle here there weren’t many people that I could bring that were completely fresh. Immediately, Lock asked for Flow.
Having a reputation, mostly coming from well over 7 years ago, to hold this weight is a testament to what Flow has done ont he site. For Lockhart, getting the opportunity to compete with one of the most underrated guys from that timeline isn’t something he wanted to pass up.
This is very likely the first and last time we’ll ever see this match up taking place, so we’re delighted to have it happening in the LBT.

Predictions
Lockhart - Autograph, EtH, Kiwi Peewee, Sabu, Student, SupremeKnowledge, Zezmer
IAmFlow -

RULE Vs REBORN
This match-up was added to the card at incredibly short notice, replacing Good Grief Vs Rican.
RULE's reputation goes without saying. One of the most successful battlers in LB history, RULE has managed to work his way to an LB tag team final as of writing this, defeating some impressive competitors (extremely impressive in including myself) along the way.
Reborn? Absolutely no idea who this is. However after 5 battles, he's found himself on top of the top 10 winter rankings with wins over 2FUEL and KingVA, both of which are difficult outings for everyone.
Unfortunately I don't have time when posting this magazine to include predictions, but I feel like it goes without saying that RULE comes into this contest as a resounding favourite.

Sabu Vs GrizzEAT
Even though he’s only competed in LBT a handful of times, the reputation of Sabu goes without saying. After sweeping up the Rookie Title in his freshman year, the former Edgeworth has qualified this with wins in the Concept and One Bar tournaments. After a brief hiatus this Autumn, Sabu is back and he doesn’t want any easy matches.
GrizzEAT is a tried and tested veteran in Letsbeef and after a long time away from the site, he’s recently returned and jumped straight into the battlefield. While some guys make signing them up to events like this difficult, GrizzEAT will battle anyone on the card and is reliable in his ability to get the verse out there.
Sabu is going to make this a hard matchup based solely on the structure of his writing. By keeping it simple, the “clean” writing approach which has picked up steam in recent years makes this is a difficult match for Grizz to get some footing.
However, one of the least spoken about aspects of Grizz’ recent game is his entire focus on cleaning up his delivery and approach. Speaking with him personally, I know this has become a massive focus on his game and although he could have used this mentality 8 years ago, there is no harm in him mastering this asset at this stage.

Predictions
Sabu - Autograph, EtH, Kiwi Peewee, Student, SupremeKnowledge, Zezmer
GrizzEAT - IAmFlow

Fidel Vs CakedOut
When I was compiling the records of the LBT, I was truely surprised at both of these guys amassing such a commanding record in the competition. Although you see some Ls on the records, if you go through all the others you can see that even amassing a winning record in LBT is an extremely difficult task, and both of these guys have proven their reliability and penchant for winning.
I believe Fidel is one of the biggest talking points of the tag tournament. While Punk is no slouch, I believe Fidel carried that team, showing a character to his rhyming that hasn’t been present in many of his previous outings.
Meanwhile CakedOut is more known for his outsider antics, he has proven that he knows how to win battles. He may not always take you in every category, but he might just be able to exploit whatever weakness you have in order to make his own verse shine and if Fidel isn’t on his game, he’s going to be met with a one way ticket to the preliminary card next time out.

Predictions
Fidel - Autograph, EtH, IAmFlow, Kiwi Peewee, Sabu, Student, Zezmer
CakedOut - SupremeKnowledge

The Prelims

In addition to a stacked main card, there is some interesting things to note from the prelims. Autograph has the best undefeated record of active competitors at 4-0, only behind Louie Dawgs and RhetoriK all time. Both Louie and Rhet stand at 5-0, so Autograph has a huge opportunity to tie this and go beyond in future cards.

Brayne Ded is a former LBT Champion, although is often considered to be the weakest of the championship lineup. He was lined up to clash with Row, although the latter was banned while placed the title on Brayne’s shoulder. Recognizing that he might not be the best fit for the title, Brayne would vacate the championship soon after. Now, he wants to build together a proper winstreak and make another charge towards the top.

The surprising records of Enfinite and Subreal isn’t uncommon in LBT. Other big names with disappointing LBT records include Jason (0-1), TalkSick (0-1), O_G (0-1), and remarK (0-1). With 5 no shows between them, it was a risk putting them on this card. However I am assured by both that they have no intentions of not turning up to battle this time and hopefully both can even up their records soon.

SupremeKnowledge is the only battler on the card making his LBT debut. He sent his verse in record time, which either shows a supreme confidence in his abilities as a writer, or a lack of knowledge of the ability that Autograph brings to the table. Time will tell which is true.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 12-21-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #1

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Default LBT December 2019 Magazine

LBT Unsanctioned Magazine

Introduction

What's happening bitches? So basically, I have wrote a bunch of stuff while bored in work that maybe lacks the structure of my other magazines throughout LB history but god damnit I'm gonna post it anyways.

This magazine will largely focus on the LBT Unsanctioned event, which can be found here.

This iteration will focus on breakdowns on the upcoming matches. Future ones will have a little bit more engagement and hopefully some different stuff, but for now we're going to look at the matches at hand and discuss what might occur.

Main Event
Kiwi Peewee Vs Shodan
The Battlers
Kiwi Peewee isn’t the first person you think of when you consider an LBT title shot at current, however the role of the perenial underdog suits him and he is relishing this opportunity to showcase his skills on the big stage. After winning a #1 contenders match against then-champion Lockhart back in August, it wasn’t until December when LBT runner Rai was able to put Kiwi in the championship match. With only one win in the competition behind him, there will be a lot of experience against Kiwi but with his constant improvements in refining his punchlines and smoothing out his rhyming, this might be the moment that everything falls into place.
Shodan is currently in his second reign as LBT Champion, a feat only 3 other people have accomplished. He managed to secure the title with a win over Xwizit, making one successful defence against Rai before dropping the strap to Aggo. A recent victory over O_G saw him walk away with the vacant title and he is determined to put together a more impressive win streak this time around.
Although he started his time on LBT with quite a fractured and struggled style, over the years he managed to smooth things out and now has a very clean, simplistic delivery which compliments his ability to come up with creative, out of the box punches.

The Story So Far
Honestly? No clue. I’m not entirely sure how someone could possibly win a contenders match in August, and somehow get a shot in December? The incumbent made some decisions about the league that I don’t specifically understand or agree with, however Kiwi has this opportunity and that is the most important thing.
Shodan couldn’t care less about his opponent from speaking with him. He is happy to take on anyone, anytime, and I get the feeling that he believes that has has to face the best of the best to truely earn the LBT King title. Those matchups will come, but he is happy to face all challengers in the mean time.
Part of the story of this matchup is Gutz, who is waiting in the wings for the winner. Gutz also earned a #1 contenders match which was scheduled for late December, however when that card dissolved Gutz was scheduled to go ahead with that match, against TonganKid, on this event. Tongan decided against battling, leaving Gutz as the number one contender and set to face the winner of this main event match.

The Battle
It’s hard for me to sit and convince you that Kiwi is the favourite here. A lot of things will have to come together for him to walk out of this battle with the belt, however he is clearly improving at a solid rate and sometimes it takes that little bit of pressure for every piece of the jigsaw to clip together. That metaphor is totally better than “pressure makes diamonds”.
Kiwi is going to try and out-rhyme Shodan here. He comes in heavy handed with the multis, pushing them up to 6+ while Shodan will keep things a bit more simple than that. This very well could work in Shodan’s favour, as when things start to get complex they start to become convoluted.
I believe most will think that the punchline differential will be the major factor coming into this, and I can’t disagree. But if everything comes together for Kiwi on the night, and Shodan isn’t feeling up to his best level, we might just see the unexpected unfold before us.

Predictions
Kiwi Peewee - Autograph, IAmFlow, SupremeKnowledge
Shodan - EtH, Sabu, Student, Zezmer

Challenger Interview - Kiwi Peewee

How would you feel about your role as the underdog in this match and do you feel that effects the match in any way?

I honestly can’t remember a battle where I wasn’t the underdog, at least since I faced JayDiamond, so it’s business as usual for me. It does mean I have more to gain and less to lose which is a good thing.
I definitely think voters are swayed by names, reputations and titles, not that the last one applies to Sho. I‘ve definitely felt that influence myself. However, since it’s a final, I’m sure there’ll be a lot of experienced voters who can put that aside.

You seemed to touch on a lack of titles for Shodan. Why do you think he doesn’t have as many accolades as some other top battlers?

Shodan’s stayed consistent over the whole time I’ve been here. He’s made it to several finals. He’s just been really unlucky. I honestly think those title losses definitely could have gone the other way if the other top battlers weren’t all better than him.

What would you say is Shodan's biggest weakness in his verses?

I feel like this interview is a plot to reveal my strategies for dealing with Shodan. I think Shodan often tends to overthink his verses. In the tag final, he anticipated Rai and Good Grief would attack him for the angle that he's racist, so most of his verse was themed on flipping that. When they didn't, he was fucked. Also his accent is a bit out-there and a lot of his rhymes are just incomprehensible to the rest of his, for example him thinking "school" is two syllables.

And lastly, who is your dream opponent going forward?

Honestly Shodan is probably my dream opponent in the biggest bout thus far in my LB career. I have an unavenged loss to him where I still moan that he missed the deadline, and he's given me a lot of help over my time here. After that? Maybe you (EtH) if I'm honest. Your verses are always hilarious and personal which I think about be really fun to read about myself. But you also don't know that much about me, which I think would hinder your chances of beating me.

Main Card
Rai Vs EtH
I was originally writing this in the third person to seem impartial, but I feel like giving my insight into how this battle has come together.
Myself and Rai were cool throughout late 2017 in the small revival of ACs. Rai was a decent battler, but not someone you would consider a specifically big component of the crew. I went inactive for much of 2018 while Rai would go on to become on of the biggest draws on the site.
However in 2019, I took exception to Rai asking me on a few occasions if I had dirt on his opponents. I felt that this work should have been done by himself. When he wasked for dirt on Pugz, I thought I should have some fun.
Organik stole Pugz girlfriend. Pugz owned a Burger Shack that went bust. Pugz bought a used card from Row.
When it came out that Rai had been duped, he appeared to take it in his stride. However in a completely unrelated battle, Rai would bring up my name and use what he falled a “fact” about me to insult someone else.
When I questioned Rai, he said that this “personal” was a known fact. Given the nature of the accusation, I took offence to it and we scuffled on the forums.
Rai would call me out during this time while I saught out battles with more natural personals, avoiding this potential clash in favour of others. When I asked Rai who he wanted on this card, he only had one answer.
However with myself being critical of Rai running the LBT, and now in turn taking over the LBT from him, Rai will not be happy about how things transpired and with my slate completely clean, it’s the right time to make this match up.
Rai has one of the most impressive records in all of LBT, with a total of 24 battles without a single no show. I on the other hand have a fairly dismal record, sporting a flat 2-3 with 2 of the losses being no shows.
There has been talk recently about the legitimacy of Rai’s LBT King title, with ILLoKWENT taking some shots at how the rules were changed to suit Rai’s situation. Rai will be determined to put together an impressive winstreak to shut his detractors up and prove why he is one of the greatest ever to compete in LBT.

Predictions
Rai - Kiwi Peewee, Student
EtH - Autograph, IAmFlow, Sabu, SupremeKnowledge, Zezmer

Rieper Vs IAmFlow
Here on the LBT we’re all about making fresh matches and this is one that I believe has never been done before.
I feel like we should start by introducing IAmFlow. A ClassicK legend through and through, Flow was victorious over SwiftKeys (Hawttlanta) in Illmania 1, contributing to his crew’s victory in the first iteration of the event.
Flow holds victories over Just C, Dono, HVK, GOOD GRIEF, Multiple Madness, GrizzEAT, Mind Fuck, Dissizit, ViTRiOL, OLDE ENGLISH, amongst others.
For the past 5 years, IAmFlow has been sporadically competing on Lyrical Assault, mostly switching his focus onto writing topicals.
Lockhart doesn’t need much of an introduction. We all saw Lock rise up to win almost every prize the site has on offer. When I asked him who he’d like to battle here there weren’t many people that I could bring that were completely fresh. Immediately, Lock asked for Flow.
Having a reputation, mostly coming from well over 7 years ago, to hold this weight is a testament to what Flow has done ont he site. For Lockhart, getting the opportunity to compete with one of the most underrated guys from that timeline isn’t something he wanted to pass up.
This is very likely the first and last time we’ll ever see this match up taking place, so we’re delighted to have it happening in the LBT.

Predictions
Lockhart - Autograph, EtH, Kiwi Peewee, Sabu, Student, SupremeKnowledge, Zezmer
IAmFlow -

RULE Vs REBORN
This match-up was added to the card at incredibly short notice, replacing Good Grief Vs Rican.
RULE's reputation goes without saying. One of the most successful battlers in LB history, RULE has managed to work his way to an LB tag team final as of writing this, defeating some impressive competitors (extremely impressive in including myself) along the way.
Reborn? Absolutely no idea who this is. However after 5 battles, he's found himself on top of the top 10 winter rankings with wins over 2FUEL and KingVA, both of which are difficult outings for everyone.
Unfortunately I don't have time when posting this magazine to include predictions, but I feel like it goes without saying that RULE comes into this contest as a resounding favourite.

Sabu Vs GrizzEAT
Even though he’s only competed in LBT a handful of times, the reputation of Sabu goes without saying. After sweeping up the Rookie Title in his freshman year, the former Edgeworth has qualified this with wins in the Concept and One Bar tournaments. After a brief hiatus this Autumn, Sabu is back and he doesn’t want any easy matches.
GrizzEAT is a tried and tested veteran in Letsbeef and after a long time away from the site, he’s recently returned and jumped straight into the battlefield. While some guys make signing them up to events like this difficult, GrizzEAT will battle anyone on the card and is reliable in his ability to get the verse out there.
Sabu is going to make this a hard matchup based solely on the structure of his writing. By keeping it simple, the “clean” writing approach which has picked up steam in recent years makes this is a difficult match for Grizz to get some footing.
However, one of the least spoken about aspects of Grizz’ recent game is his entire focus on cleaning up his delivery and approach. Speaking with him personally, I know this has become a massive focus on his game and although he could have used this mentality 8 years ago, there is no harm in him mastering this asset at this stage.

Predictions
Sabu - Autograph, EtH, Kiwi Peewee, Student, SupremeKnowledge, Zezmer
GrizzEAT - IAmFlow

Fidel Vs CakedOut
When I was compiling the records of the LBT, I was truely surprised at both of these guys amassing such a commanding record in the competition. Although you see some Ls on the records, if you go through all the others you can see that even amassing a winning record in LBT is an extremely difficult task, and both of these guys have proven their reliability and penchant for winning.
I believe Fidel is one of the biggest talking points of the tag tournament. While Punk is no slouch, I believe Fidel carried that team, showing a character to his rhyming that hasn’t been present in many of his previous outings.
Meanwhile CakedOut is more known for his outsider antics, he has proven that he knows how to win battles. He may not always take you in every category, but he might just be able to exploit whatever weakness you have in order to make his own verse shine and if Fidel isn’t on his game, he’s going to be met with a one way ticket to the preliminary card next time out.

Predictions
Fidel - Autograph, EtH, IAmFlow, Kiwi Peewee, Sabu, Student, Zezmer
CakedOut - SupremeKnowledge

The Prelims

In addition to a stacked main card, there is some interesting things to note from the prelims. Autograph has the best undefeated record of active competitors at 4-0, only behind Louie Dawgs and RhetoriK all time. Both Louie and Rhet stand at 5-0, so Autograph has a huge opportunity to tie this and go beyond in future cards.

Brayne Ded is a former LBT Champion, although is often considered to be the weakest of the championship lineup. He was lined up to clash with Row, although the latter was banned while placed the title on Brayne’s shoulder. Recognizing that he might not be the best fit for the title, Brayne would vacate the championship soon after. Now, he wants to build together a proper winstreak and make another charge towards the top.

The surprising records of Enfinite and Subreal isn’t uncommon in LBT. Other big names with disappointing LBT records include Jason (0-1), TalkSick (0-1), O_G (0-1), and remarK (0-1). With 5 no shows between them, it was a risk putting them on this card. However I am assured by both that they have no intentions of not turning up to battle this time and hopefully both can even up their records soon.

SupremeKnowledge is the only battler on the card making his LBT debut. He sent his verse in record time, which either shows a supreme confidence in his abilities as a writer, or a lack of knowledge of the ability that Autograph brings to the table. Time will tell which is true.
@mcg#3451

Last edited by EtH; 12-21-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:13 PM
Locchart
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This magazine is incredible, @EtH. Glad to see some good work has been put in to this.

With that being said, I'll place my predictions now:

Kiwi Peewee vs Shodan - #DieSlow

EtH vs Rai - #DieSlow, once again

IAmFlow vs Rieper - Good luck, @IAmFlow

RULE vs REBORN - I've been impressed with what REBORN's posted lately, but RULE's a difficult opponent to defeat based on his consistency, so I have to lean in his direction.

Sabu vs GRizzEAT - Both are guaranteed to bring very clever flips and creative concepts to their verses, and it'll most likely come down to the cleaner read. I'll "Edge" it to Sabu with this decision.

Fidel vs CakedOut - I'm quite happy to see both guys from my era of battlers back in the ring, especially glad to see Caked make a return to a higher-tier of battling. I believe Fidel will be a bit too much for him this go round based on his battle with Guts.

Autograph vs SupremeKnowledge - This battle is currently open, so I'll be refraining from a prediction here.

Student vs Brayne Ded - This is gonna be a rather interesting battle, as both have unorthodox styles in the text box but both are capable of bringing some heat. I'll edge this to Brayne Ded for now, but this could be a coinflip if Student brings his A Game.

ColossalMini vs Subreal - Colossal has one of the fresher styles I've seen in the text arena lately and he's heavily slept on due to his unconventional style and Subreal is underrated for being more known for his forum presence than his text bars. I'll give the nod to Subreal, but I would not be surprised if Colossal gets the W.

Enfinite vs Zezmer - #DieSlow

Good luck to everyone involved and I'm glad this has been revived.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:13 PM   #2

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

This magazine is incredible, @EtH. Glad to see some good work has been put in to this.

With that being said, I'll place my predictions now:

Kiwi Peewee vs Shodan - #DieSlow

EtH vs Rai - #DieSlow, once again

IAmFlow vs Rieper - Good luck, @IAmFlow

RULE vs REBORN - I've been impressed with what REBORN's posted lately, but RULE's a difficult opponent to defeat based on his consistency, so I have to lean in his direction.

Sabu vs GRizzEAT - Both are guaranteed to bring very clever flips and creative concepts to their verses, and it'll most likely come down to the cleaner read. I'll "Edge" it to Sabu with this decision.

Fidel vs CakedOut - I'm quite happy to see both guys from my era of battlers back in the ring, especially glad to see Caked make a return to a higher-tier of battling. I believe Fidel will be a bit too much for him this go round based on his battle with Guts.

Autograph vs SupremeKnowledge - This battle is currently open, so I'll be refraining from a prediction here.

Student vs Brayne Ded - This is gonna be a rather interesting battle, as both have unorthodox styles in the text box but both are capable of bringing some heat. I'll edge this to Brayne Ded for now, but this could be a coinflip if Student brings his A Game.

ColossalMini vs Subreal - Colossal has one of the fresher styles I've seen in the text arena lately and he's heavily slept on due to his unconventional style and Subreal is underrated for being more known for his forum presence than his text bars. I'll give the nod to Subreal, but I would not be surprised if Colossal gets the W.

Enfinite vs Zezmer - #DieSlow

Good luck to everyone involved and I'm glad this has been revived.

Unread 12-21-2019, 11:18 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Side note: Can everyone stop predicting I beat one of the most consistent top battlers on LB please? People acting like it'll be a disappointment if I lose and shit.
@mcg#3451
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:18 PM   #3

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Side note: Can everyone stop predicting I beat one of the most consistent top battlers on LB please? People acting like it'll be a disappointment if I lose and shit.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:21 PM
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
125 Won / 25 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Kiwi Peewee vs Shodan

EtH vs Rai

IAmFlow vs Rieper

RULE vs REBORN - this match won't happen.

Sabu vs GRizzEAT

Fidel vs CakedOut

Autograph vs SupremeKnowledge

Student vs Brayne Ded - unsure on this one, slightly leaning Brayne Ded's way though.

ColossalMini vs Subreal

Enfinite vs Zezmer - #ThaDons
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:21 PM   #4

Q
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
125 Won / 25 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Kiwi Peewee vs Shodan

EtH vs Rai

IAmFlow vs Rieper

RULE vs REBORN - this match won't happen.

Sabu vs GRizzEAT

Fidel vs CakedOut

Student vs Brayne Ded - unsure on this one, slightly leaning Brayne Ded's way though.

ColossalMini vs Subreal

Enfinite vs Zezmer - #ThaDons
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:24 PM
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Well made, basically did what you said you were gonna do and it came out more detailed than I thought it would, glad you took over this event!

Predictions:

Kiwi Peewee vs Shodan

EtH vs Rai

IAmFlow vs Rieper

RULE vs REBORN

Sabu vs GRizzEAT

Fidel vs CakedOut

Student vs Brayne Ded

ColossalMini vs Subreal

Enfinite vs Zezmer

I'd drop $100 on that parlay/accumulator bet, and recommend it to friends too.

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone

Last edited by Seul; 12-21-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:24 PM   #5

Seul Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 105 audio / 603 text
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Well made, basically did what you said you were gonna do and it came out more detailed than I thought it would, glad you took over this event!

Predictions:

Kiwi Peewee vs Shodan

EtH vs Rai

IAmFlow vs Rieper

RULE vs REBORN

Sabu vs GRizzEAT

Fidel vs CakedOut

Student vs Brayne Ded

ColossalMini vs Subreal

Enfinite vs Zezmer

I'd drop $100 on that parlay/accumulator bet, and recommend it to friends too.

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone

Last edited by Seul; 12-21-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:31 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

This magazine was a fantastic read. Kudos EtH for putting on the event and writing the mag.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #6

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text

This magazine was a fantastic read. Kudos EtH for putting on the event and writing the mag.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:32 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

The mag is shite. The detail is decent but as a magazine it's pretty pants. Will be built a lot better when I'm not getting fucked up every day cause it's xmas and society allows it.
@mcg#3451
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #7

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

The mag is shite. The detail is decent but as a magazine it's pretty pants. Will be built a lot better when I'm not getting fucked up every day cause it's xmas and society allows it.
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:34 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
Oh, yeah, I just care about the content. I could give less of a shit about how it looks as long as it doesn’t have 15 different font colours all mixing back and forth and random as symbols littered all throughout the paragraphs..not that there’s ever been a magazine like that on LB...:o
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:34 PM   #8

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
Oh, yeah, I just care about the content. I could give less of a shit about how it looks as long as it doesn’t have 15 different font colours all mixing back and forth and random as symbols littered all throughout the paragraphs..not that there’s ever been a magazine like that on LB...:o
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:38 PM
Locchart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu View Post
You wouldn't POSSIBLY be mentioning Rican's abomination, would you?
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:38 PM   #9

Locchart

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu View Post

Unread 12-21-2019, 11:42 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
#DedMag?
@mcg#3451
Unread 12-21-2019, 11:42 PM   #10

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
#DedMag?

Tags
dedmag, dieslow, shotsfired, thadons