Style: Freestyle
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Insuppressible Insuppressible is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.59/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.59/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.59/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
90 Won / 9 Lost
Default lol talent

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

they sound the same

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

incomparable

Unread 04-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #1

Insuppressible Insuppressible is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.59/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.59/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.59/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
90 Won / 9 Lost

Voted: 19 audio / 372 text
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Default lol talent

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

they sound the same

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

incomparable

Unread 04-29-2017, 08:59 PM
lllllllllllll
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I like the first two
Unread 04-29-2017, 08:59 PM   #2

lllllllllllll

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

I like the first two

Unread 04-29-2017, 09:16 PM
EtH

^First gimmick I actually am not sure about being a gimmick.
Unread 04-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #3

EtH

^First gimmick I actually am not sure about being a gimmick.

Unread 04-29-2017, 09:22 PM
Dean

put some respect on lil uzi. he's top tier.....hasn't had a miss yet.
Unread 04-29-2017, 09:22 PM   #4

Dean

put some respect on lil uzi. he's top tier.....hasn't had a miss yet.

Unread 04-29-2017, 09:28 PM
EtH

If he hasn't had a miss, what the fuck is the term for what was posted above?

Honestly I feel like everything would be fine if you guys just got another genre. Drake, this dude who sounds like he gives up pronouncing a word about 40% of the way through...if these guys didn't claim to be "rappers" then it'd be fine. But in claiming that, you've got dudes who sound like Robocop had a baby with Babyspice in the hood putting themselves into categories with NaS, 2pac, Eminem and guys like Immortal Tech and Vinnie Paz which were posted above. They have no right to be in those categories, just like Eminem would have no right to be in the category of "Top 10 classic country western artists".
Unread 04-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #5

EtH

Honestly I feel like everything would be fine if you guys just got another genre. Drake, this dude who sounds like he gives up pronouncing a word about 40% of the way through...if these guys didn't claim to be "rappers" then it'd be fine. But in claiming that, you've got dudes who sound like Robocop had a baby with Babyspice in the hood putting themselves into categories with NaS, 2pac, Eminem and guys like Immortal Tech and Vinnie Paz which were posted above. They have no right to be in those categories, just like Eminem would have no right to be in the category of "Top 10 classic country western artists".

Unread 04-30-2017, 03:10 AM
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr EtH View Post

thats what you call a hit...lol

Nah, their rappers. Current mainstream rap is a lot more melodic now, but the core is still rap. Babyspice and robocop? lol.....I could maybe seeing you making the case that Future isn't a rapper maybe...but he's one of the few popular mainstream rappers I think you could make that case against.

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

I'd rather listen to that uzi song over the "take hiphop back" track 9 out of 10 times lol
Unread 04-30-2017, 03:10 AM   #6

Dean

Quote:

thats what you call a hit...lol

Nah, their rappers. Current mainstream rap is a lot more melodic now, but the core is still rap. Babyspice and robocop? lol.....I could maybe seeing you making the case that Future isn't a rapper maybe...but he's one of the few popular mainstream rappers I think you could make that case against.

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

I'd rather listen to that uzi song over the "take hiphop back" track 9 out of 10 times lol

Unread 05-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Dean

Quote:

Honestly I feel like everything would be fine if you guys just got another genre. Drake, this dude who sounds like he gives up pronouncing a word about 40% of the way through
...if these guys didn't claim to be "rappers" then it'd be fine. But in claiming that, you've got dudes who sound like Robocop had a baby with Babyspice in the hood putting themselves into categories with NaS, 2pac, Eminem and guys like Immortal Tech and Vinnie Paz which were posted above. They have no right to be in those categories, just like Eminem would have no right to be in the category of "Top 10 classic country western artists".
Drake is probably one of the more coherent rappers...you'd have to show me example of what you're talking about here lol

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuppressible View Post
maybe it is the fanbase of this mainstream shitstorm that has me in a rut. they have a carefree attitude and live life based on the illiterate "yolo" saying.

i do not believe inthe message condoned by these mainstream songs. they all sound the same and there lyrics are dreadful. money, drugs and women woopdy fucking do, real tough guys.

Although these themes have been present in hip hop since day dot, at least each artist had there own unique style - there was a story behind it. Don't you want to listen to songs that actually convey a decent message? Nonetheless, it seems pinky and the brain have taken over.

I do also enjoy the comments i read on these youtube videos from older artists and the current underground artists such as I.T, rakim, Nas and so on. These people just ridicule mainstream. It is bloody great.
We could argue all day over stuff like this...at the end of the day music is subjective.

The two rappers right now at the top of the game are Kendrick and Drake easy.....Drake been on top forever but Kendrick is creeping up. Anyway, besides the point, they have two COMPLETELY different styles. I'm just saying I don't think a lot of current top rappers sound the same...it seems to me that they each have their own touch.

Majority of time I'm listening to rap is when I'm working out or at a party. So imma need the kind of rap that gets you hype....21 savage, Uzi, tee grizzly, and Future just to name a few. They don't always have deep content but they get the job done I think they're great at what they do. ....rappers like Immortal Technique cater to a different kind of audience but I think a lot of them are great at what they do too

Last edited by Dean; 05-01-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Unread 05-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #7

Dean

Quote:

Honestly I feel like everything would be fine if you guys just got another genre. Drake, this dude who sounds like he gives up pronouncing a word about 40% of the way through
...if these guys didn't claim to be "rappers" then it'd be fine. But in claiming that, you've got dudes who sound like Robocop had a baby with Babyspice in the hood putting themselves into categories with NaS, 2pac, Eminem and guys like Immortal Tech and Vinnie Paz which were posted above. They have no right to be in those categories, just like Eminem would have no right to be in the category of "Top 10 classic country western artists".
Drake is probably one of the more coherent rappers...you'd have to show me example of what you're talking about here lol

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuppressible View Post
maybe it is the fanbase of this mainstream shitstorm that has me in a rut. they have a carefree attitude and live life based on the illiterate "yolo" saying.

i do not believe inthe message condoned by these mainstream songs. they all sound the same and there lyrics are dreadful. money, drugs and women woopdy fucking do, real tough guys.

Although these themes have been present in hip hop since day dot, at least each artist had there own unique style - there was a story behind it. Don't you want to listen to songs that actually convey a decent message? Nonetheless, it seems pinky and the brain have taken over.

I do also enjoy the comments i read on these youtube videos from older artists and the current underground artists such as I.T, rakim, Nas and so on. These people just ridicule mainstream. It is bloody great.
We could argue all day over stuff like this...at the end of the day music is subjective.

The two rappers right now at the top of the game are Kendrick and Drake easy.....Drake been on top forever but Kendrick is creeping up. Anyway, besides the point, they have two COMPLETELY different styles. I'm just saying I don't think a lot of current top rappers sound the same...it seems to me that they each have their own touch.

Majority of time I'm listening to rap is when I'm working out or at a party. So imma need the kind of rap that gets you hype....21 savage, Uzi, tee grizzly, and Future just to name a few. They don't always have deep content but they get the job done I think they're great at what they do. ....rappers like Immortal Technique cater to a different kind of audience but I think a lot of them are great at what they do too

Last edited by Dean; 05-01-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Unread 04-29-2017, 09:50 PM
lllllllllllll

@mr eth

I know how you're big on the west coast sound. Fuck with some yg
Unread 04-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #8

lllllllllllll

@mr eth

I know how you're big on the west coast sound. Fuck with some yg

Unread 04-29-2017, 10:12 PM
EtH

Beat is sick. Proper westcoast sounding. but the rapping was pretty terrible. The chorus is awful.

It's not as bad sounding as the stuff above. The stuff above to me sounds BAD, that YG song just sounds annoying. I don't know his timeline but if yyou're like "Pfft, typical EtH reminiscing about old stuff" a comparison would be that I find Busta Rhymes to almost always be annoying, regardless of his impact in aspects of rap.

What annoys me is that I rarely find a rapper from the westcoast still looking for that sound, and not trying to be "swag". Nipsie Hussle was a great sign years back. He's got loads of amazing tracks, but not as much recently.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

So I decided to google current west coast rappers. Hated almost everything, but one thing getting me is tthis "heavily west coast influenced Kendrick Lamar song". This shit has 53 million views for a fake upload, is apparently a heavy west coast sounding track...

Huh? What exactly about the song above, sounds like the following...

Unread 04-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #9

EtH

Beat is sick. Proper westcoast sounding. but the rapping was pretty terrible. The chorus is awful.

It's not as bad sounding as the stuff above. The stuff above to me sounds BAD, that YG song just sounds annoying. I don't know his timeline but if yyou're like "Pfft, typical EtH reminiscing about old stuff" a comparison would be that I find Busta Rhymes to almost always be annoying, regardless of his impact in aspects of rap.

What annoys me is that I rarely find a rapper from the westcoast still looking for that sound, and not trying to be "swag". Nipsie Hussle was a great sign years back. He's got loads of amazing tracks, but not as much recently.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

So I decided to google current west coast rappers. Hated almost everything, but one thing getting me is tthis "heavily west coast influenced Kendrick Lamar song". This shit has 53 million views for a fake upload, is apparently a heavy west coast sounding track...

Huh? What exactly about the song above, sounds like the following...

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Pablo Esco Bars
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 9 Lost

Quote:

So I decided to google current west coast rappers. Hated almost everything,
Check out Vince Staples. That's real West coast hood shit
Unread 05-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #10

Pablo Esco Bars
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.19/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 9 Lost

Voted: 2 audio / 67 text
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:

So I decided to google current west coast rappers. Hated almost everything,
Check out Vince Staples. That's real West coast hood shit