Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01-15-2019, 07:26 PM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Letsbeef Crew Draft 2019 - Preliminary Thoughts

Reason

I've ALWAYS opposed a draft of crews on Letsbeef. The reason was pretty simple; I was always running and progressing with an active crew. However I'd say this is the first time every on LB where NO crews are currently putting in any work. NO ONE is progressing at all in terms of crews, and I feel this is a significant hit to the site because crews are probably the most engaging aspect we have.

Thus, I think finally putting together a crew draft (that will actually work as I'd be running it) would be the perfect thing to kick everyone's arse into gear and actually do something different on the site for a change.

Members on LB have also somehow fallen into this rigid loyalty to crews that essentially don't exist. Apoc, Anbu, LoD, Turnbull ACs, Fire Nation...no one is really trying to become the best crew or clash with rival crews. They're all just....there. No one is actually attempting to do anything crew wise, and I hope that we can get some folks to sort of shake of this "undying loyalty" thing and start something new and fresh, because sticking with an old unused crew stagnates instantly.

Basic Concept

It might be a little bit ambitious, but it leaves some room for scope. I was thinking:-
  • 6 Crews
  • 6 Leaders
  • Maximum of 10 members per crew
  • Illmania 5 in May

I think 6 means that there's more opportunity for organic rivalries, as opposed to the same couple deliberately going after each other to create fake beef. I think 10 members does add up to a lot, but even if we don't get people to "sign up" exactly, we could always just recruit people to the crews naturally as long as we adhere to the 10 members limit. I feel that May is a month that isn't overboard with other focuses.

Crew members could leave, join other crews, get kicked, everything they normally could. The only thing that would exclude them is some form of deliberate breach of a pre-determined rule in the process.

Illmania has always been the biggest event on the site, and I think by pushing the boat out and really doing something different for this one, we might just drag some more activity out of the site.

Additional Concept

As a side proposal to the above, I think it would also be good to reward the progress of each crew. A natural one would be to set up some kind of points system (which I could track) that allocates points based on how far someone was to go in a tournament for example. I think one aspect I'd definitely want is to add points based on simply winning battles, which hopefully would point people towards the basic arena.

I haven't fully thought out what the incentive or reward would be yet. An extra man for the crew with the most points at the end of the month? Maybe the ability to force a swap with another crew which the member can't disagree to? Maybe the ability to create a custom battle for the Illmania card? I'm not sure, but I think the ability to progress as a crew individually, but also still have it come back to benefit the crew, would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

Any suggestions in this aspect would be great.

What are everyone's thoughts, and more importantly who would be interested in progressing further with this idea? Also if anyone has any questions or suggestions drop them in the thread too.

Also, don't wait for other people to post in the thread. Letsbeef has this habit of everyone waiting for a "big vet" to show their interest first, so get your thoughts down there as soon as you have them.

I really think a concept like this could at the very least get us all engaged in something for a couple of months, so as much participation as possible would be great.
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #1

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default Letsbeef Crew Draft 2019 - Preliminary Thoughts

Reason

I've ALWAYS opposed a draft of crews on Letsbeef. The reason was pretty simple; I was always running and progressing with an active crew. However I'd say this is the first time every on LB where NO crews are currently putting in any work. NO ONE is progressing at all in terms of crews, and I feel this is a significant hit to the site because crews are probably the most engaging aspect we have.

Thus, I think finally putting together a crew draft (that will actually work as I'd be running it) would be the perfect thing to kick everyone's arse into gear and actually do something different on the site for a change.

Members on LB have also somehow fallen into this rigid loyalty to crews that essentially don't exist. Apoc, Anbu, LoD, Turnbull ACs, Fire Nation...no one is really trying to become the best crew or clash with rival crews. They're all just....there. No one is actually attempting to do anything crew wise, and I hope that we can get some folks to sort of shake of this "undying loyalty" thing and start something new and fresh, because sticking with an old unused crew stagnates instantly.

Basic Concept

It might be a little bit ambitious, but it leaves some room for scope. I was thinking:-
  • 6 Crews
  • 6 Leaders
  • Maximum of 10 members per crew
  • Illmania 5 in May

I think 6 means that there's more opportunity for organic rivalries, as opposed to the same couple deliberately going after each other to create fake beef. I think 10 members does add up to a lot, but even if we don't get people to "sign up" exactly, we could always just recruit people to the crews naturally as long as we adhere to the 10 members limit. I feel that May is a month that isn't overboard with other focuses.

Crew members could leave, join other crews, get kicked, everything they normally could. The only thing that would exclude them is some form of deliberate breach of a pre-determined rule in the process.

Illmania has always been the biggest event on the site, and I think by pushing the boat out and really doing something different for this one, we might just drag some more activity out of the site.

Additional Concept

As a side proposal to the above, I think it would also be good to reward the progress of each crew. A natural one would be to set up some kind of points system (which I could track) that allocates points based on how far someone was to go in a tournament for example. I think one aspect I'd definitely want is to add points based on simply winning battles, which hopefully would point people towards the basic arena.

I haven't fully thought out what the incentive or reward would be yet. An extra man for the crew with the most points at the end of the month? Maybe the ability to force a swap with another crew which the member can't disagree to? Maybe the ability to create a custom battle for the Illmania card? I'm not sure, but I think the ability to progress as a crew individually, but also still have it come back to benefit the crew, would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

Any suggestions in this aspect would be great.

What are everyone's thoughts, and more importantly who would be interested in progressing further with this idea? Also if anyone has any questions or suggestions drop them in the thread too.

Also, don't wait for other people to post in the thread. Letsbeef has this habit of everyone waiting for a "big vet" to show their interest first, so get your thoughts down there as soon as you have them.

I really think a concept like this could at the very least get us all engaged in something for a couple of months, so as much participation as possible would be great.

Unread 01-15-2019, 07:46 PM
joan of arc

honestly i loved this
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #2

joan of arc

honestly i loved this

Unread 01-15-2019, 07:59 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Mentioned: 580 Post(s)
Tagged: 36 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Interesting idea, but not enough people and more importantly not enough voters to make 10 work. I’d put a cap on like a leader, capo, and 2 or 3 members maybe. I think the event could be fun.
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #3

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.25/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text

Interesting idea, but not enough people and more importantly not enough voters to make 10 work. I’d put a cap on like a leader, capo, and 2 or 3 members maybe. I think the event could be fun.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:02 PM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
I think it would be separated into separate parts:-

A) Draft Members
B) Organic Members

The draft for sure wouldn't be 60 members. But maybe if each person drafted 3 or 4 members to their crew each, there would be an upper limit of 10 members. That means guys who aren't active at the time of the draft, or new members would still be eligible to join the crews and might create a bit of a bidding war situation. That number could come down as well of course. 8 or something could work too.

Would you be interested in taking part? It means we'd all be leaving whatever crews we'd be part of, and although no crew is doing anything on LB right now I know some people have formed weird allegiances to their wastelands and I want to kinda break through those for the better of the site.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #4

EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post

A) Draft Members
B) Organic Members

The draft for sure wouldn't be 60 members. But maybe if each person drafted 3 or 4 members to their crew each, there would be an upper limit of 10 members. That means guys who aren't active at the time of the draft, or new members would still be eligible to join the crews and might create a bit of a bidding war situation. That number could come down as well of course. 8 or something could work too.

Would you be interested in taking part? It means we'd all be leaving whatever crews we'd be part of, and although no crew is doing anything on LB right now I know some people have formed weird allegiances to their wastelands and I want to kinda break through those for the better of the site.

Unread 01-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post

A) Draft Members
B) Organic Members

I’d be down to take part for sure. And I get what you mean, it can definitely shake things up.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:06 PM   #5

Edgeworth
Scheme Champion
Concept Champion
Rookie Champion
One Bar Champion
Tag Team Champion
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
72 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 241 audio / 1193 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post

A) Draft Members
B) Organic Members

I’d be down to take part for sure. And I get what you mean, it can definitely shake things up.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:14 PM
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

I like the idea, as I mentioned in IM's, but how would the draft take place exactly? like how do we decide who goes to what crew & keep things fair?

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:14 PM   #6

Seul Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Seul is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.41/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
17 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.41/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.87/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
47 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 105 audio / 603 text
Mentioned: 543 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

I like the idea, as I mentioned in IM's, but how would the draft take place exactly? like how do we decide who goes to what crew & keep things fair?

seul
adjective
1. on one’s own ⧫ alone
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:17 PM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
It would probably work something like this:-

Battler A - Pick 1
Battler B - Pick 2
Battler C - Pick 3
Battler D - Pick 4
Battler E - Pick 5
Battler F - Pick 6

Battler F - Pick 1
Battler E - Pick 2
Battler D - Pick 3
Battler C - Pick 4
Battler B - Pick 5
Battler A - Pick 6

And so on and so forth.

People would sign up to the draft, so there would be a pool of battlers to pick from. Who picks first and the order of the picks etc. would be decided randomly.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #7

EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
It would probably work something like this:-

Battler A - Pick 1
Battler B - Pick 2
Battler C - Pick 3
Battler D - Pick 4
Battler E - Pick 5
Battler F - Pick 6

Battler F - Pick 1
Battler E - Pick 2
Battler D - Pick 3
Battler C - Pick 4
Battler B - Pick 5
Battler A - Pick 6

And so on and so forth.

People would sign up to the draft, so there would be a pool of battlers to pick from. Who picks first and the order of the picks etc. would be decided randomly.

Unread 01-15-2019, 08:30 PM
Aggo

Interesting idea. Not sure if you would be able to break up apocalypse and Anbu. If you cant than this pretty much doesnt work. I would be down to participate though. Fuck it. Why not.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:30 PM   #8

Aggo

Interesting idea. Not sure if you would be able to break up apocalypse and Anbu. If you cant than this pretty much doesnt work. I would be down to participate though. Fuck it. Why not.

Unread 01-15-2019, 08:36 PM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
Aggo, it's been about 7 years now. You STILL think I can't break up crews?

But nah I think most people will agree that their crews aren't really doing anything and that mixing it up in a big shake up is best for both them and the site.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #9

EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggo View Post
Aggo, it's been about 7 years now. You STILL think I can't break up crews?

But nah I think most people will agree that their crews aren't really doing anything and that mixing it up in a big shake up is best for both them and the site.

Unread 01-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Brayne Ded

This that shit I do like.
Unread 01-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #10

Brayne Ded

This that shit I do like.