Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Brayne Ded
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default How Has Rap Battle Impacted Your Opinion of certain Rappers?

We've all had that one rapper we thought was just dope as Hell. Something brought us all here. I'm sure we've all had an artist or two we bumped on repeat. What I want to know is how did getting into battle rap impact your opinion of these guys? I'll start it out and get the ball rolling with a few examples. Choose any artist you like.

Lil Wayne- I was a senior in high school when Wayne started gaining attention. I started listening to him and thought the motherfucker was clever as Hell. After I got into this, though, I kinda dropped him. Don't get me wrong, the dude used to have decent multies and good punches but everything he says seems so played out. Whether it is or not.

Kottonmouth Kings- Again, listened to these guys in high school. Used to think they were pretty slick but once I started writing my own shit I realized how cheesy they were. Kinda ashamed I had their CD's.

Tech N9ne- Used to listen to a burned CD with "Einstein" "Slacker" "Bout ta Bubble" and a bunch of his oldies on it. As I got into rap more I kinda grew to appreciate his flow and delivery more but kinda lost interest as he progressed.

RA the Rugged Man- Used to think he was kinda simple and lame but as I delved deeper into battle rap I came to realize he's one of the greatest. "Definition of a Rap Flow" blew my mind once I could finally appreciate it.

Last edited by Brayne Ded; 12-23-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Unread 12-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #1

Brayne Ded

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default How Has Rap Battle Impacted Your Opinion of certain Rappers?

We've all had that one rapper we thought was just dope as Hell. Something brought us all here. I'm sure we've all had an artist or two we bumped on repeat. What I want to know is how did getting into battle rap impact your opinion of these guys? I'll start it out and get the ball rolling with a few examples. Choose any artist you like.

Lil Wayne- I was a senior in high school when Wayne started gaining attention. I started listening to him and thought the motherfucker was clever as Hell. After I got into this, though, I kinda dropped him. Don't get me wrong, the dude used to have decent multies and good punches but everything he says seems so played out. Whether it is or not.

Kottonmouth Kings- Again, listened to these guys in high school. Used to think they were pretty slick but once I started writing my own shit I realized how cheesy they were. Kinda ashamed I had their CD's.

Tech N9ne- Used to listen to a burned CD with "Einstein" "Slacker" "Bout ta Bubble" and a bunch of his oldies on it. As I got into rap more I kinda grew to appreciate his flow and delivery more but kinda lost interest as he progressed.

RA the Rugged Man- Used to think he was kinda simple and lame but as I delved deeper into battle rap I came to realize he's one of the greatest. "Definition of a Rap Flow" blew my mind once I could finally appreciate it.

Last edited by Brayne Ded; 12-23-2017 at 03:03 PM.