Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Louie Dawgs
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV View Post
That sucks, in the UK is the other way round, the level of the degree is more important than where you got it. I got in to Cass Business School which is the 2nd best business school in the UK (Oxford's business school being first) but I chose not to go there, and went somewhere else because I wanted to do a degree directly in international marketing instead of just business studies because I know i'll do better in it even if it missed out in going to one of the best business schools.

Obviously Cambridge and Oxford are 2 of the best Universities in the world, but there's only some industries going to one of those Universities would get you a huge advantage in when going for a job, and that's probably medical or sciences, and fuck that.
Let's also consider that there's a pretty big difference in America and the UK.

America has like five times the number of people, which means there are also way more universities. Imagine if you took the number of universities in the UK and multiplied it by five or something of the sort. When you have that many universities you start to see more variation in educational quality, and when there are simply way more people vying for jobs it becomes way easier to take shortcuts and look at things such as university. When you have so many universities the differences between the top and the bottom become bigger.

Also, there's a level of assurance in America about the quality of a candidate because if his or her school because it it ridiculously hard to get into a top level, (say top twenty five) school. Pretty much everybody in a top fifty school is in the top ten percent of college bound students, and most everybody in a top twenty five is in the top couple of percent in the nation.

There is an exceptional level of assurance about the credentials of almost anybody from a big name university.

It's a lot easier for a student to get into a top level UK university, a top ten percent UCAS score will usually get you into the top ten, and a five percent UCAS score should put you in contention for pretty much every University in the UK. The acceptance rate at Oxford and Cambridge is much higher than most top level American universities. If one has the money, it's actually much easier to get into Oxford and Cambridge as an American student than it is to go to even a low level Ivy such as Brown or Cornell.

When you hire someone from a big name American university that means you are getting one of the premier talents in the world in the field.

Seems like me an' you bout had enough,
Cause man, it's tough to keep the fam in touch,
And to add it up, this rappin stuff got me flippin out like a blackjack bust

Don't give a fuck if you sound like Master P, Mobb Deep or Remy Martin,
Cuz even if the next to try us is the best of rhymers?
Still get bodied on plates like Jeffery Dahmer
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #31

Louie Dawgs
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
48 Won / 30 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 211 text
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Send a message via MSN to Louie Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV View Post
That sucks, in the UK is the other way round, the level of the degree is more important than where you got it. I got in to Cass Business School which is the 2nd best business school in the UK (Oxford's business school being first) but I chose not to go there, and went somewhere else because I wanted to do a degree directly in international marketing instead of just business studies because I know i'll do better in it even if it missed out in going to one of the best business schools.

Obviously Cambridge and Oxford are 2 of the best Universities in the world, but there's only some industries going to one of those Universities would get you a huge advantage in when going for a job, and that's probably medical or sciences, and fuck that.
Let's also consider that there's a pretty big difference in America and the UK.

America has like five times the number of people, which means there are also way more universities. Imagine if you took the number of universities in the UK and multiplied it by five or something of the sort. When you have that many universities you start to see more variation in educational quality, and when there are simply way more people vying for jobs it becomes way easier to take shortcuts and look at things such as university. When you have so many universities the differences between the top and the bottom become bigger.

Also, there's a level of assurance in America about the quality of a candidate because if his or her school because it it ridiculously hard to get into a top level, (say top twenty five) school. Pretty much everybody in a top fifty school is in the top ten percent of college bound students, and most everybody in a top twenty five is in the top couple of percent in the nation.

There is an exceptional level of assurance about the credentials of almost anybody from a big name university.

It's a lot easier for a student to get into a top level UK university, a top ten percent UCAS score will usually get you into the top ten, and a five percent UCAS score should put you in contention for pretty much every University in the UK. The acceptance rate at Oxford and Cambridge is much higher than most top level American universities. If one has the money, it's actually much easier to get into Oxford and Cambridge as an American student than it is to go to even a low level Ivy such as Brown or Cornell.

When you hire someone from a big name American university that means you are getting one of the premier talents in the world in the field.

Seems like me an' you bout had enough,
Cause man, it's tough to keep the fam in touch,
And to add it up, this rappin stuff got me flippin out like a blackjack bust

Don't give a fuck if you sound like Master P, Mobb Deep or Remy Martin,
Cuz even if the next to try us is the best of rhymers?
Still get bodied on plates like Jeffery Dahmer