Style: Written Blind Drop
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Bonita Bonfire vs CCeee
Style: Freestyle
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Truer vs Tain
Style: Written
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
YuckWTF vs DeadTRIDeadTRI is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!DeadTRI is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
8 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
FightsAndRap... vs YuckWTF
Style: Freestyle
8 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07-14-2016, 11:17 AM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
The fact "most" white people don't see that they don't need a movement to gain equality is astounding to me. By hijacking the Black Lives Matter movement your whole platform is that their isn't "White Privilege" i.e. you need a change in your life to find balance.
Black Lives Matter directs it's attention towards the policing. We're not talking percentages, because percentages doesn't change numbers. Fact is, white people are killed unarmed at a higher rate than black people in America. No one cares about them. No one's fighting for them.

People focus so much on fucking race. I watched that one with Anton (something, cannae remember his second name) and the comments are ALL race related. Some complete scum white people bringing up the guy's crime sheet like it's relevant. Other people talking about how bad white cops are and how black people can't catch a break. I'm sitting there like "The fuck are you guys talking about? We just watched a video of a man getting murdered and you guys focus on whether or not the murderer is a racist?".

Can you even imagine a White Lives Matter movement? It would be dubbed the most racist thing in history and would end up in a huge fight with BLM turning up to it. You're not allowed to be a non-privileged white person. You're not allowed to be a non-privileged male. Everything you achieve as a white straight cis male is irrelevant because the world handed it to your feet.

It's just funny that @Esso's mentality is that of most. Tell him he's getting the world handed to him as a male and that females are oppressed, and he says "That's bullshit"...yet he claims the exact same stuff that white people get the world handed to them and black people are oppressed.

Some people face some horrific racism out there...but racism isn't even the tip of the ice berg of serious problems in the world anymore.
Unread 07-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #31

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
The fact "most" white people don't see that they don't need a movement to gain equality is astounding to me. By hijacking the Black Lives Matter movement your whole platform is that their isn't "White Privilege" i.e. you need a change in your life to find balance.
Black Lives Matter directs it's attention towards the policing. We're not talking percentages, because percentages doesn't change numbers. Fact is, white people are killed unarmed at a higher rate than black people in America. No one cares about them. No one's fighting for them.

People focus so much on fucking race. I watched that one with Anton (something, cannae remember his second name) and the comments are ALL race related. Some complete scum white people bringing up the guy's crime sheet like it's relevant. Other people talking about how bad white cops are and how black people can't catch a break. I'm sitting there like "The fuck are you guys talking about? We just watched a video of a man getting murdered and you guys focus on whether or not the murderer is a racist?".

Can you even imagine a White Lives Matter movement? It would be dubbed the most racist thing in history and would end up in a huge fight with BLM turning up to it. You're not allowed to be a non-privileged white person. You're not allowed to be a non-privileged male. Everything you achieve as a white straight cis male is irrelevant because the world handed it to your feet.

It's just funny that @Esso's mentality is that of most. Tell him he's getting the world handed to him as a male and that females are oppressed, and he says "That's bullshit"...yet he claims the exact same stuff that white people get the world handed to them and black people are oppressed.

Some people face some horrific racism out there...but racism isn't even the tip of the ice berg of serious problems in the world anymore.

Unread 07-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Enfinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaL View Post

Well said
Unread 07-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #32

Enfinite

Quote:

Well said

Unread 07-14-2016, 04:03 PM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfinite View Post
Well said
You can't agree with these white people problems. You're clearly like Mexican or Samoan or something. You have "Kind of confusingly ethnic looking privilege".
Unread 07-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #33

EtH

Quote:
Well said
You can't agree with these white people problems. You're clearly like Mexican or Samoan or something. You have "Kind of confusingly ethnic looking privilege".

Unread 07-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Esso
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
7 1692
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
108 Won / 20 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Quote:

You're not allowed to be a non-privileged white person. You're not allowed to be a non-privileged male. Everything you achieve as a white straight cis male is irrelevant because the world handed it to your feet.

It's just funny that @Esso's mentality is that of most. Tell him he's getting the world handed to him as a male and that females are oppressed, and he says "That's bullshit"...yet he claims the exact same stuff that white people get the world handed to them and black people are oppressed. .
More people dying does not mean its happening at a higher rate....Rate is how many times something happens per unit of measure....a percentage. In 2015, blacks were killed at a rate of 3x more than white people and made up 40% of those killed while only making up 12% of the population. How does that make any sense at all? "You're not talking percentages" because it doesn't fit your argument. White people are not killed at a higher rate....and thats the whole problem.

And again, in America women arent treated nearly the same as black people....theres levels to this shit, levels to privilege, oppression, and disadvantage and ignoring that to make a comparison reminds me you do not understand the situation.
Unread 07-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #34

Esso
7 1692
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.54/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
108 Won / 20 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 20 audio / 749 text
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

Quote:

You're not allowed to be a non-privileged white person. You're not allowed to be a non-privileged male. Everything you achieve as a white straight cis male is irrelevant because the world handed it to your feet.

It's just funny that @Esso's mentality is that of most. Tell him he's getting the world handed to him as a male and that females are oppressed, and he says "That's bullshit"...yet he claims the exact same stuff that white people get the world handed to them and black people are oppressed. .
More people dying does not mean its happening at a higher rate....Rate is how many times something happens per unit of measure....a percentage. In 2015, blacks were killed at a rate of 3x more than white people and made up 40% of those killed while only making up 12% of the population. How does that make any sense at all? "You're not talking percentages" because it doesn't fit your argument. White people are not killed at a higher rate....and thats the whole problem.

And again, in America women arent treated nearly the same as black people....theres levels to this shit, levels to privilege, oppression, and disadvantage and ignoring that to make a comparison reminds me you do not understand the situation.
Unread 07-14-2016, 04:29 PM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post

I'm sure by the numbers, more unarmed Scottish people have been killed in America than black people based on percentages...but the numbers are simple. More white people are being killed by police than black people...but who talks about that? It never makes the news, it never makes the headlines. It's just "another dead white guy, meh...call me when he's ethnic".

Women feel they are treated worse than black men in America. They have lists of privileges to back that up as well as statistics on equal pay, rape, physical abuse etc. It's not, in any way what so ever, different from what you're talking about.

Everyone wants to feel that their current situation is the worst and most disadvantaged situation ever. Why? Because if they achieve something, they get a pat on the back for overcoming the odds. If they fail, well, they have a list of excuses.

Do you feel that black people in America face more racism and oppression that people from the Middle East?
Unread 07-14-2016, 04:29 PM   #35

EtH

Quote:

I'm sure by the numbers, more unarmed Scottish people have been killed in America than black people based on percentages...but the numbers are simple. More white people are being killed by police than black people...but who talks about that? It never makes the news, it never makes the headlines. It's just "another dead white guy, meh...call me when he's ethnic".

Women feel they are treated worse than black men in America. They have lists of privileges to back that up as well as statistics on equal pay, rape, physical abuse etc. It's not, in any way what so ever, different from what you're talking about.

Everyone wants to feel that their current situation is the worst and most disadvantaged situation ever. Why? Because if they achieve something, they get a pat on the back for overcoming the odds. If they fail, well, they have a list of excuses.

Do you feel that black people in America face more racism and oppression that people from the Middle East?

Unread 07-14-2016, 05:47 PM
Enfinite

Quote:
White/Black man. I don't know what side im on
Unread 07-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #36

Enfinite

Quote:

Unread 07-14-2016, 06:10 PM
EtH

Quote:
You're LB's answer to The Rock. Although maybe more like Alladin with your magic lamps and shit.

RIP ACs Chatroom.
Unread 07-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #37

EtH

Quote:
You're LB's answer to The Rock. Although maybe more like Alladin with your magic lamps and shit.

RIP ACs Chatroom.

Unread 07-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Rant

Quote:
1. You are numbering replies to a large unnumbered post.

2. It's impossible to know what the fuck you're on about.
I bolded what I responded to.
Unread 07-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #38

Rant

Quote:
1. You are numbering replies to a large unnumbered post.

2. It's impossible to know what the fuck you're on about.
I bolded what I responded to.

Unread 07-14-2016, 06:40 PM
EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
1.) Rationalization is not justification. The reason for the occurrence is not an endorsement of those actions, nor is being unsurprised by its happening.

2.) Nope. I wanted to be a booker.
1) You can rationalize and be unsurprised by a police officer murdering several black people in response to this by your logic.

2) Bookers have been involved in plenty of shit themselves.
Unread 07-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #39

EtH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
1.) Rationalization is not justification. The reason for the occurrence is not an endorsement of those actions, nor is being unsurprised by its happening.

2.) Nope. I wanted to be a booker.
1) You can rationalize and be unsurprised by a police officer murdering several black people in response to this by your logic.

2) Bookers have been involved in plenty of shit themselves.

Unread 07-14-2016, 09:46 PM
Dean

Quote:

Exactly

"Police kill Black people at a rate disproportionate to both criminal activity and their presence in the population at large."

On a side note, some these police killings ARE about race, so you can't analyze every police brutality incident with a colorblind approach. Ignoring race would be ignoring any prejudice attitudes/beliefs that, in some cases, led to the death of someone, by law enforcement.

Last edited by Dean; 07-14-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Unread 07-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #40

Dean

Quote:

Exactly

"Police kill Black people at a rate disproportionate to both criminal activity and their presence in the population at large."

On a side note, some these police killings ARE about race, so you can't analyze every police brutality incident with a colorblind approach. Ignoring race would be ignoring any prejudice attitudes/beliefs that, in some cases, led to the death of someone, by law enforcement.

Last edited by Dean; 07-14-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Tags
alllivesmatterisracist, blacklivesmatter, themoreyouknow