Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3621 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji Osa View Post
Very nice additions their also ..

Considering I would say that as FVC members if we reach our quota faster than others we should have the option to close our FVC threads that way it gives others that need votes the opportunity to gain their numbers and it also makes the members you those other less popular FVC

Also get rid of the FVC King title as it is jus a popularity contest. We need to use more than just the main 5 from text and 3 members on audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Capone View Post
im behind this 100% once an FVC member has met their quota close the their thread to let someone else get up to theirs, this also means the quota should go up.... besides we have the universal threads and we can post in here when we vote on battles from the UVT..... good shit Fiji
I've already outlined in the OP how we can earn "FVC Holidays" where I will closed your threads. I'm not closing anyone's thread just because you've reached your quota. If you've reached your quota and want to take a break, feel free. It will still affect your overall percentage if you're still getting requests that you're not voting on.
No one will be kicked for having low percentages...people have been kicked for not meeting their quota which is the bare minimum that we ask for. As long as you've met your quota, you're good; it doesn't matter how low or high your percentage is. Don't worry about your thread being closed. If you want your thread closed for some time, get involved and help with critiquing the V.At.T's and the FVC Contests.
"Also get rid of the FVC King title as it is jus a popularity contest." I don`t know if you guys noticed, but the FVC King title is already gone? It left when they got rid of all the custom titles. And as far it being a popularity contest, the whole idea behind the UVT was to level the playing field. So you can vote on as many battles as you want, even if it`s not dropped in your thread.
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #111

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji Osa View Post
Very nice additions their also ..

Considering I would say that as FVC members if we reach our quota faster than others we should have the option to close our FVC threads that way it gives others that need votes the opportunity to gain their numbers and it also makes the members you those other less popular FVC

Also get rid of the FVC King title as it is jus a popularity contest. We need to use more than just the main 5 from text and 3 members on audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Capone View Post
im behind this 100% once an FVC member has met their quota close the their thread to let someone else get up to theirs, this also means the quota should go up.... besides we have the universal threads and we can post in here when we vote on battles from the UVT..... good shit Fiji
I've already outlined in the OP how we can earn "FVC Holidays" where I will closed your threads. I'm not closing anyone's thread just because you've reached your quota. If you've reached your quota and want to take a break, feel free. It will still affect your overall percentage if you're still getting requests that you're not voting on.
No one will be kicked for having low percentages...people have been kicked for not meeting their quota which is the bare minimum that we ask for. As long as you've met your quota, you're good; it doesn't matter how low or high your percentage is. Don't worry about your thread being closed. If you want your thread closed for some time, get involved and help with critiquing the V.At.T's and the FVC Contests.
"Also get rid of the FVC King title as it is jus a popularity contest." I don`t know if you guys noticed, but the FVC King title is already gone? It left when they got rid of all the custom titles. And as far it being a popularity contest, the whole idea behind the UVT was to level the playing field. So you can vote on as many battles as you want, even if it`s not dropped in your thread.
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Mentioned: 2496 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path View Post
i think our personal threads are gonna get pretty dry now that there is a universal thread, its a lot easier for someone to post the link once in the unversal thread, than go into each of own threads and post the link over and over.
Co-Sign. Either Have One Universal (Which Is A Good Idea Actually) Or Individual Threads (For More Personalized Votes [They're Unbiased Votes Though So I Don't Know Why Someone Would Pick One Particular FVC Member Over Another Lol] Imo.
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #112

Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text

Quote:
i think our personal threads are gonna get pretty dry now that there is a universal thread, its a lot easier for someone to post the link once in the unversal thread, than go into each of own threads and post the link over and over.
Co-Sign. Either Have One Universal (Which Is A Good Idea Actually) Or Individual Threads (For More Personalized Votes [They're Unbiased Votes Though So I Don't Know Why Someone Would Pick One Particular FVC Member Over Another Lol] Imo.
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

We're going to have both the Universal threads and the individual threads. Your personal threads aren't going to "get dry" and people are still going to post in there for the simple fact that people generally have preferences when it comes to FVC members or who they consider "fair." Some people don't think some of y'all are fair voter or should even be in the FVC, real talk, so they're not going to post their links in the Universal thread where any one of y'all can pick it up. Others are going to post in the Universal thread AND every other individual thread to maximize their chances, because as I've stated in the OP of the Universal threads, no one in the FVC is responsible for the Universal thread, but we are each responsible for our own individual threads. So for example, it won't count against your stats if you DON'T vote on a battle in the Universal thread, but it WILL count against you if you don't vote on a battle placed in your thread. Regardless, people will place their links where they find its more responsive. Only time will tell how much the UVT is utilized, but I gurantee people will always/still post in individual threads...and I need the individual threads to stay because that is what we are actually responsible for. The UVT is just in case you're falling behind and need extra votes or you're gunning for the FVC King and aren't getting enough requests and its also to help some battlers to possibly increase their chances when they place their links in there as well as individual threads.
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #113

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

We're going to have both the Universal threads and the individual threads. Your personal threads aren't going to "get dry" and people are still going to post in there for the simple fact that people generally have preferences when it comes to FVC members or who they consider "fair." Some people don't think some of y'all are fair voter or should even be in the FVC, real talk, so they're not going to post their links in the Universal thread where any one of y'all can pick it up. Others are going to post in the Universal thread AND every other individual thread to maximize their chances, because as I've stated in the OP of the Universal threads, no one in the FVC is responsible for the Universal thread, but we are each responsible for our own individual threads. So for example, it won't count against your stats if you DON'T vote on a battle in the Universal thread, but it WILL count against you if you don't vote on a battle placed in your thread. Regardless, people will place their links where they find its more responsive. Only time will tell how much the UVT is utilized, but I gurantee people will always/still post in individual threads...and I need the individual threads to stay because that is what we are actually responsible for. The UVT is just in case you're falling behind and need extra votes or you're gunning for the FVC King and aren't getting enough requests and its also to help some battlers to possibly increase their chances when they place their links in there as well as individual threads.
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
I Guess You Have A Point With People Having A Preference But Should They? I Mean Should You Give Them That Option? If You Have Just The UVT Wouldn't They HAVE To Post In There And HAVE To Get Votes From Everyone? I Personally Don't See How Individual Threads Are Helpful When We Could All Just Vote Off The UVT.
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #114

Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
I Guess You Have A Point With People Having A Preference But Should They? I Mean Should You Give Them That Option? If You Have Just The UVT Wouldn't They HAVE To Post In There And HAVE To Get Votes From Everyone? I Personally Don't See How Individual Threads Are Helpful When We Could All Just Vote Off The UVT.
Unread 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Here's what I'm afraid will happen if we Only had a Universal thread. FVC members will go in there and pick and choose which battles they vote on (the more interesting ones) which means some people that are requesting will get slept on. Its the same reason why when Fiji Osa had suggested before that we should be allowed to post any link to battles we vote on in our threads and that it should count towards our stats, I said no. Cause you can go and vote on all the hotlist battles or tourney battles that are really interesting, but the people who Really need votes don't get any.
Our goal is to ensure that Everyone has the opportunity to receive fair votes, regardless of how skilled or not they are. The more skilled battlers usually don't have as much of a problem getting their battles looked at and voted on tbh.
As far as whether people should have a preference of FVC members, they're going to have a preference regardless of whether or not we think they should. That's just human nature and I have no desire in trying to control that. There are people who think Student is a much more educated voter and gives better expos than some of the other FVC members. Those people SHOULD have the option of placing links only in Student's thread if that's all they respect. On the contrary, I understand that some people would only solicit votes from members that they think will vote for them or are more favorable toward their style. To that, I'll say that from the voting trends that I see when I check out your votes, I have more faith in the FVC members' fairness than I have in the "strategy" of the people seeking winning votes. Anyone that's discovered to be voting for the same person who dropped links in their thread even when that person Obviously should have lost will lose their FVC spot. Period.
Unread 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #115

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Here's what I'm afraid will happen if we Only had a Universal thread. FVC members will go in there and pick and choose which battles they vote on (the more interesting ones) which means some people that are requesting will get slept on. Its the same reason why when Fiji Osa had suggested before that we should be allowed to post any link to battles we vote on in our threads and that it should count towards our stats, I said no. Cause you can go and vote on all the hotlist battles or tourney battles that are really interesting, but the people who Really need votes don't get any.
Our goal is to ensure that Everyone has the opportunity to receive fair votes, regardless of how skilled or not they are. The more skilled battlers usually don't have as much of a problem getting their battles looked at and voted on tbh.
As far as whether people should have a preference of FVC members, they're going to have a preference regardless of whether or not we think they should. That's just human nature and I have no desire in trying to control that. There are people who think Student is a much more educated voter and gives better expos than some of the other FVC members. Those people SHOULD have the option of placing links only in Student's thread if that's all they respect. On the contrary, I understand that some people would only solicit votes from members that they think will vote for them or are more favorable toward their style. To that, I'll say that from the voting trends that I see when I check out your votes, I have more faith in the FVC members' fairness than I have in the "strategy" of the people seeking winning votes. Anyone that's discovered to be voting for the same person who dropped links in their thread even when that person Obviously should have lost will lose their FVC spot. Period.
Unread 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Good Point BUT Couldn't You Just Say "Hey Everyone Vote On ALL Battles In The UVT Or Say Goodbye To The FVC" But Then Again...That's Kinda Harsh To People Who Are Helping The Site Out By Putting In Their Time To Give People Fair Votes.
I Completely Agree, Maybe You Could Suggest Nicely That Battles On The Hotlist Or Tournament Battles Shouldn't Be Posted In The FVC Threads Because They're Basically For People Who Really Need A Vote When They're Battle Is Getting MAD Slept On.
As far as whether people should have a preference of FVC members, they're going to have a preference regardless of whether or not we think they should. That's just human nature and I have no desire in trying to control that. There are people who think Student is a much more educated voter and gives better expos than some of the other FVC members. Those people SHOULD have the option of placing links only in Student's thread if that's all they respect. (Well Of Course That's True ) On the contrary, I understand that some people would only solicit votes from members that they think will vote for them or are more favorable toward their style. To that, I'll say that from the voting trends that I see when I check out your votes, I have more faith in the FVC members' fairness than I have in the "strategy" of the people seeking winning votes. Anyone that's discovered to be voting for the same person who dropped links in their thread even when that person Obviously should have lost will lose their FVC spot. Period.
Understood.
Seems Like We Always Have Long Convos @NOBLE Lmao

Last edited by Student; 11-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Unread 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #116

Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Good Point BUT Couldn't You Just Say "Hey Everyone Vote On ALL Battles In The UVT Or Say Goodbye To The FVC" But Then Again...That's Kinda Harsh To People Who Are Helping The Site Out By Putting In Their Time To Give People Fair Votes.
I Completely Agree, Maybe You Could Suggest Nicely That Battles On The Hotlist Or Tournament Battles Shouldn't Be Posted In The FVC Threads Because They're Basically For People Who Really Need A Vote When They're Battle Is Getting MAD Slept On.
As far as whether people should have a preference of FVC members, they're going to have a preference regardless of whether or not we think they should. That's just human nature and I have no desire in trying to control that. There are people who think Student is a much more educated voter and gives better expos than some of the other FVC members. Those people SHOULD have the option of placing links only in Student's thread if that's all they respect. (Well Of Course That's True ) On the contrary, I understand that some people would only solicit votes from members that they think will vote for them or are more favorable toward their style. To that, I'll say that from the voting trends that I see when I check out your votes, I have more faith in the FVC members' fairness than I have in the "strategy" of the people seeking winning votes. Anyone that's discovered to be voting for the same person who dropped links in their thread even when that person Obviously should have lost will lose their FVC spot. Period.
Understood.

Last edited by Student; 11-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Unread 11-16-2012, 05:19 PM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Lol...word...I feel like we just had an off-hand discussion on Socialism vs Capitalism.
Unread 11-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #117

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Lol...word...I feel like we just had an off-hand discussion on Socialism vs Capitalism.
Unread 11-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
honestly, i think this will happen. since the universal thread came into play, ive had 3 or 4 links in my thread. i used to get more than that on a daily basis, now im not saying im against the universal thread, far from it actually. but i think there is the potential for our personal threads to see rarely any action just because it is easier and quicker to post 1 link in one universal thread than post the same link over n over in individual threads.
This Is All I'm Saying NOBLE. People May Have Their Preferences (Obviously Me ) But It's Just Convenient To Check Just One Thread And Vote Off There Then To Check Two Threads (It's So Hard Lol) But It's Also Convenient For People WANTING Votes, They Just Put One Link Down (Instead Of Posting A Link, Waiting For 30 Seconds Then Posting It Again, Repeat Process x 5) And Get 3-5 Fair Votes On Their Battles.
Unread 11-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #118

Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
honestly, i think this will happen. since the universal thread came into play, ive had 3 or 4 links in my thread. i used to get more than that on a daily basis, now im not saying im against the universal thread, far from it actually. but i think there is the potential for our personal threads to see rarely any action just because it is easier and quicker to post 1 link in one universal thread than post the same link over n over in individual threads.
This Is All I'm Saying NOBLE. People May Have Their Preferences (Obviously Me ) But It's Just Convenient To Check Just One Thread And Vote Off There Then To Check Two Threads (It's So Hard Lol) But It's Also Convenient For People WANTING Votes, They Just Put One Link Down (Instead Of Posting A Link, Waiting For 30 Seconds Then Posting It Again, Repeat Process x 5) And Get 3-5 Fair Votes On Their Battles.
Unread 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM
NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

I can see the amount of links going into the personal threads reducing, but I don't see it vanishing completely. And is it REALLY that hard to look in two threads? Seriously? You only need to mind your own individual thread. The only time you ever need to check the UVT is if you're not getting enough requests to meet your quota or if you're just looking for something extra to do. Before we had the UVT, people didn't seem to have a problem pasting their links in 4 or 5 threads at a time. I highly doubt that's going to all of a sudden change. Let's just try this out for a while and see how it works. Later down the line, we can re-visit the argument on whether we should just have one thread, but I have several reasons why I don't want just the UVT.
Unread 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #119

NOBLE
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

I can see the amount of links going into the personal threads reducing, but I don't see it vanishing completely. And is it REALLY that hard to look in two threads? Seriously? You only need to mind your own individual thread. The only time you ever need to check the UVT is if you're not getting enough requests to meet your quota or if you're just looking for something extra to do. Before we had the UVT, people didn't seem to have a problem pasting their links in 4 or 5 threads at a time. I highly doubt that's going to all of a sudden change. Let's just try this out for a while and see how it works. Later down the line, we can re-visit the argument on whether we should just have one thread, but I have several reasons why I don't want just the UVT.
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
It's Not That Hard To Check That's Why A Put A "Lol" Dude.
And Okay Cool.
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #120

Student
Staff Hall of Famer
LB Historian
LetsBeef Patriarch
Creative Genius
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
It's Not That Hard To Check That's Why A Put A "Lol" Dude.
And Okay Cool.
Closed Thread

Tags
66cdaa, 77d1b9, 95d9d4, a0dcdf, acdfe9, b8e2f4, c4e6ff