Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

Custom Beat Unified Championship 2024 - Continued

Battle Feed
Blocc vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written Blind Drop
2 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
FightsAndRap... vs Skitt_BlazinSkitt_Blazin is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
3 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02-06-2018, 09:06 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3622 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subreal View Post
The alternative is remove affirmative action, and not hire based on race, gender, etc. While I agree that their may be some closet racist hiring managers etc out there, I think its way blown out of proportion. And I don't think people consider the possibility that if some race is really unrepresented in a particular profession field, maybe there just isn't a lot of people of that race interested in that field, it's not always racist.
Judging from history, if you remove affirmative action, people will still hire/enroll based on race, gender or other personal preference. Removing affirmative action will only remove the government telling companies how to hire based on race/gender (via quotas, etc), but it won't remove the practice of people giving or not giving positions to other people based on factors other than qualification. I agree that the (obvious) alternative is to simply not hire based on race/gender. But without some type of government mandate, or at the very least, social consequences, people seem unlikely to do that on their own. That's another thing too that I failed to mention in my previous post. It's not only the government mandate that's driving these companies to hire people from underrepresented groups, but it is also a consideration of social and sometimes even financial consequences.
For example, a lot of beauty supply stores that cater to black women are actually owned by Koreans. It used to be obvious as when you walk into these stores you'll see a Korean at the counter or stocking the shelves. But more and more when you walk into some of these stores nowadays, you'll see nothing but black employees despite that it is still Korean owned. Why? The stores that were staffed with black employees were making more money because the customer base, which is mostly black, feels more comfortable buying black hair products from people who look like them. So it's actually a financial bottom-line decision for the owners of a lot of these stores to put someone black at the counter. I'm not saying it is right or fair that the customers should feel more comfortable dealing with someone from one particular race or another, but it is a reality, and companies sometimes make hiring decisions because of things like that and not necessarily because of some government mandate. They consider how the public will view them as a company, and particularly their customer base.
Unread 02-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #11

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3622 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subreal View Post
The alternative is remove affirmative action, and not hire based on race, gender, etc. While I agree that their may be some closet racist hiring managers etc out there, I think its way blown out of proportion. And I don't think people consider the possibility that if some race is really unrepresented in a particular profession field, maybe there just isn't a lot of people of that race interested in that field, it's not always racist.
Judging from history, if you remove affirmative action, people will still hire/enroll based on race, gender or other personal preference. Removing affirmative action will only remove the government telling companies how to hire based on race/gender (via quotas, etc), but it won't remove the practice of people giving or not giving positions to other people based on factors other than qualification. I agree that the (obvious) alternative is to simply not hire based on race/gender. But without some type of government mandate, or at the very least, social consequences, people seem unlikely to do that on their own. That's another thing too that I failed to mention in my previous post. It's not only the government mandate that's driving these companies to hire people from underrepresented groups, but it is also a consideration of social and sometimes even financial consequences.
For example, a lot of beauty supply stores that cater to black women are actually owned by Koreans. It used to be obvious as when you walk into these stores you'll see a Korean at the counter or stocking the shelves. But more and more when you walk into some of these stores nowadays, you'll see nothing but black employees despite that it is still Korean owned. Why? The stores that were staffed with black employees were making more money because the customer base, which is mostly black, feels more comfortable buying black hair products from people who look like them. So it's actually a financial bottom-line decision for the owners of a lot of these stores to put someone black at the counter. I'm not saying it is right or fair that the customers should feel more comfortable dealing with someone from one particular race or another, but it is a reality, and companies sometimes make hiring decisions because of things like that and not necessarily because of some government mandate. They consider how the public will view them as a company, and particularly their customer base.
Unread 02-06-2018, 10:57 PM
Row
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
Is this an American thing?
haha my thoughts exactly
Unread 02-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #12

Row

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul View Post
Is this an American thing?
haha my thoughts exactly

Unread 02-06-2018, 11:01 PM
Shodan
One Bar Champion
The Fire Lord
Mentioned: 1226 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 72 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
It is also social, other mental, and physical disabilities.
I'm sure you'd know about those.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 02-06-2018, 11:01 PM   #13

Shodan
One Bar Champion
The Fire Lord
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 72 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1024 text

Quote:
It is also social, other mental, and physical disabilities.
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 02-07-2018, 02:10 AM
Supsie

When you are applying for a job here they ask you : Do you identify as Islander or Aboriginal
Unread 02-07-2018, 02:10 AM   #14

Supsie

When you are applying for a job here they ask you : Do you identify as Islander or Aboriginal

Unread 02-07-2018, 03:06 AM
EtH

It's not a bad launchpad. Basically, the point is to try and allow people of diverse races and genders that may not be as frequent in higher education the opportunity to begin building towards it. The reason that many black people still reside in low income areas is because it is less likely for someone in a low income area to get out and begin making something positive, and the reason why black people were moved to those areas in the first place was due to racism. There's other examples with other races/genders.

It's all about improving the world in a broader spectrum. Does it suck that I could get turned down for an engineering class as it's full, while there are plenty of openings in a woman's specific engineering class? Yeah that would suck. But woman are continuously unhappy and complaining about the wage gap (not realizing that the wage gap is only specific to overall earnings, and has nothing to do with equal work). It's making them unhappy, and the reason behind this is women typically go for nursing jobs instead of surgeon jobs. Equal opportunities programs, like easier college admittance or striving for diversity in the work place, allows that foot on the ladder and the hope is that eventually it can be faded out as every race, gender and creed becomes well represented.

Obviously, this will never happen as no race, creed or gender is actually looking for "equality", but still...
Unread 02-07-2018, 03:06 AM   #15

EtH

It's not a bad launchpad. Basically, the point is to try and allow people of diverse races and genders that may not be as frequent in higher education the opportunity to begin building towards it. The reason that many black people still reside in low income areas is because it is less likely for someone in a low income area to get out and begin making something positive, and the reason why black people were moved to those areas in the first place was due to racism. There's other examples with other races/genders.

It's all about improving the world in a broader spectrum. Does it suck that I could get turned down for an engineering class as it's full, while there are plenty of openings in a woman's specific engineering class? Yeah that would suck. But woman are continuously unhappy and complaining about the wage gap (not realizing that the wage gap is only specific to overall earnings, and has nothing to do with equal work). It's making them unhappy, and the reason behind this is women typically go for nursing jobs instead of surgeon jobs. Equal opportunities programs, like easier college admittance or striving for diversity in the work place, allows that foot on the ladder and the hope is that eventually it can be faded out as every race, gender and creed becomes well represented.

Obviously, this will never happen as no race, creed or gender is actually looking for "equality", but still...

Unread 02-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Rain Matrix 2021
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

It's only racist when white people do it

I seen an apartment building with a sign basically sayING Chinese people only. If white people did that we'd be shot ... its Cuz yall want to live with us. We're not about to fight to live with a chink tho ... we allow u to live in this country, we're not begging yall

I can see some reasons as to why ud wanna only hire certain kinds of people tho ... if I'm working at a Lebanese retaurant, where most of the customers speak limited English .. they're gonna want someone that can speak their language

Also if an Asian is running a small store ... itd make them feel more at home to keep it in the race. U have to see these people everyday, u might as well like them. Like statistically speaking we as a species prefer our own races. I'll chill if u can speak my language without some weird dialect tho

Ending point: white people can't do this without protestor's showing up. Everyone else is exempt
Unread 02-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #16

Rain Matrix 2021
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.79/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
14 Won / 11 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 15 text
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

It's only racist when white people do it

I seen an apartment building with a sign basically sayING Chinese people only. If white people did that we'd be shot ... its Cuz yall want to live with us. We're not about to fight to live with a chink tho ... we allow u to live in this country, we're not begging yall

I can see some reasons as to why ud wanna only hire certain kinds of people tho ... if I'm working at a Lebanese retaurant, where most of the customers speak limited English .. they're gonna want someone that can speak their language

Also if an Asian is running a small store ... itd make them feel more at home to keep it in the race. U have to see these people everyday, u might as well like them. Like statistically speaking we as a species prefer our own races. I'll chill if u can speak my language without some weird dialect tho

Ending point: white people can't do this without protestor's showing up. Everyone else is exempt
Unread 02-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Wow, if this isn't the pot calling the kettle autistic.
Unread 02-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #17

Rant

Quote:

Unread 02-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Shodan
One Bar Champion
The Fire Lord
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 72 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Quote:
Autist

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 02-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #18

Shodan
One Bar Champion
The Fire Lord
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 72 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1024 text

Quote:
Autist
Unread 02-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Rant

Quote:
Autist
Don't you have some lolicon to post somewhere, chomo?
Unread 02-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #19

Rant

Quote:
Autist
Don't you have some lolicon to post somewhere, chomo?

Unread 02-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Helsing
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
62 Won / 36 Lost

Maybe you're just ugly. A hiring manager or someone in that aspect of authority in a work place has to think about his or her's mental health and the future of the company. Maybe not seeing Freddy Krueger's Toyota Sienna parked in the parking lot as you pull into work isn't such a bad thing.
Unread 02-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #20

Helsing
Estimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.82/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 5.76/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
62 Won / 36 Lost

Voted: 29 audio / 249 text
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Maybe you're just ugly. A hiring manager or someone in that aspect of authority in a work place has to think about his or her's mental health and the future of the company. Maybe not seeing Freddy Krueger's Toyota Sienna parked in the parking lot as you pull into work isn't such a bad thing.