Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-26-2018, 12:41 PM
The Ghost of Freak
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost
Default FOR THE (MENTAL) HEALTH OF LB

Dear Readers,

FreeK here. Of course that is my user name/alias and LB persona on this silly, but entertaining website we all take part in. I am, in fact, a real person. * gasp *

On that note, I am quite aware that each of us can often have strong opinions about other users on the website that quickly devolve into beefing, shit talking and trolling.

I FOR ONE AM VERY, VERY GUILTY OF THIS.

Yet, after meditating, farting, and making coffee this morning, I have come to an important realization: part of me still really does love LetsBeef, wants to see the site stay alive and grow, and the first thing I should do to make this happen is publicly make some amends in a serious manner.

Many might know that I got into a little tiff with @Seul that has been blown way out of proportion by both of us, and maybe mainly me. I realize this stems from a few different issues both personal and cultural with the site.

Being conscious of one's feelings in rap culture has become "pussy" and attached to the concept of being a "bitch", the irony being of course that we all have feelings, and recognize them to one extent or another. Dave Chapelle recently made a joke that he had an experience that black men rarely have due to a lack of time and money, which is he asked himself how he felt. This statement presents to conclusions: 1. That everyone has feelings, but doesn't necessarily want to think about them or be conscious of them, and 2. Access to feelings has made many an insecure individual reinforce that accessing feelings in the first place is the wrong thing to do. Dave Chapelle then goes on to express all sorts of feelings about race, politics, and humanity that he has clearly felt and consciously grappled with as one of the best comedians of the 21st century.

Back to the point. I can write here today that I felt attacked by Seul's need to give me advice after the GC as I didn't ask nor feel I wanted his advice. I took it the wrong way, as criticism and that he was being condescending, and proceeded to be critical back. This turned into a heated conversation where things were said on both sides that were not necessary. Since that time, I have made a lot, but not all* of my time on LB, focused on trying to get Seul to admit he was wrong about something he said that was, in my mind, not appropriate for the website. This resulted in me being accused of going to a moderator to "rat" on Seul, an action that I sincerely do not remember having done if I have in fact done so, which I don't think I ever did from my recollection.

Anyways, I was going to come online today to write an "AMENDS/ POSITIVE SHIT TO SAY ABOUT OTHER THREAD" and noticed that @Brayne Ded got there first, which is fucking awesome. That is the type of behavior that will keep the site alive throughout the shit talking and trolling that can be expected on a rap battle site. So, in line with this, I felt it necessary to write this exegesis as a disclaimer to an apology:

I'M SORRY, @Seul , THAT I TOOK YOUR ADVISE AS CRITICISM, AND HAVE SPENT TOO MANY MINUTES TRYING TO GET YOU TO APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR PART IN ALL THIS AS OPPOSE TO JUST COMPLETELY LETTING IT GO.

Although treating Seul as my evil nemesis and arch villain has been sort of fun, and I might do a little more of that for shits n giggles, the truth is no one can get another person to apologize or change if the other person does not want to. And, although I do not agree with Seul's part in the matter, I have actually prevented myself from moving on by expecting that he should own up to his part in the matter. if there is anything I have learned from 12 step programs as part of my own recovery from personal addictions, its that EXPECTATIONS BREED RESENTMENTS.

I understand the competative nature of this site, as well as the reason why there is so much beefing (its in the name), shit talking, trolling, and otherwise adolescent behavior. Yet, I do think that to keep the site alive and potentially grow the user base, the community must come together to have moments of positivity. So, s/o to @Brayne Ded .

I am sure that I am going to get judged for this thread and be on the receiving end of much "comment making", but I assure you that whoever commits to that behavior is responsible for their choices at the end of the day, and that those choices reflect on them as much as any come back I could construct to defend myself.

Cheers to a better LetsBeef!

Love,

FreeK

:grass:
"Watch out monkey!"

@Seul , @Brayne Ded , @Hyena , @Edgeworth , @Bape , @Sup, @Aggo , @HVK , Lockhart (we miss you) , @HVK , @KG , @Bleu , @Shodan , @2 Gucci , @Rai ,

TAG WHOEVER ELSE YA WANT or NOT.

Last edited by The Ghost of Freak; 08-26-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Unread 08-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #1

The Ghost of Freak
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.09/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
124 Won / 135 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.09/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.14/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
22 Won / 29 Lost

Voted: 481 audio / 231 text
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

Default FOR THE (MENTAL) HEALTH OF LB

Dear Readers,

FreeK here. Of course that is my user name/alias and LB persona on this silly, but entertaining website we all take part in. I am, in fact, a real person. * gasp *

On that note, I am quite aware that each of us can often have strong opinions about other users on the website that quickly devolve into beefing, shit talking and trolling.

I FOR ONE AM VERY, VERY GUILTY OF THIS.

Yet, after meditating, farting, and making coffee this morning, I have come to an important realization: part of me still really does love LetsBeef, wants to see the site stay alive and grow, and the first thing I should do to make this happen is publicly make some amends in a serious manner.

Many might know that I got into a little tiff with @Seul that has been blown way out of proportion by both of us, and maybe mainly me. I realize this stems from a few different issues both personal and cultural with the site.

Being conscious of one's feelings in rap culture has become "pussy" and attached to the concept of being a "bitch", the irony being of course that we all have feelings, and recognize them to one extent or another. Dave Chapelle recently made a joke that he had an experience that black men rarely have due to a lack of time and money, which is he asked himself how he felt. This statement presents to conclusions: 1. That everyone has feelings, but doesn't necessarily want to think about them or be conscious of them, and 2. Access to feelings has made many an insecure individual reinforce that accessing feelings in the first place is the wrong thing to do. Dave Chapelle then goes on to express all sorts of feelings about race, politics, and humanity that he has clearly felt and consciously grappled with as one of the best comedians of the 21st century.

Back to the point. I can write here today that I felt attacked by Seul's need to give me advice after the GC as I didn't ask nor feel I wanted his advice. I took it the wrong way, as criticism and that he was being condescending, and proceeded to be critical back. This turned into a heated conversation where things were said on both sides that were not necessary. Since that time, I have made a lot, but not all* of my time on LB, focused on trying to get Seul to admit he was wrong about something he said that was, in my mind, not appropriate for the website. This resulted in me being accused of going to a moderator to "rat" on Seul, an action that I sincerely do not remember having done if I have in fact done so, which I don't think I ever did from my recollection.

Anyways, I was going to come online today to write an "AMENDS/ POSITIVE SHIT TO SAY ABOUT OTHER THREAD" and noticed that @Brayne Ded got there first, which is fucking awesome. That is the type of behavior that will keep the site alive throughout the shit talking and trolling that can be expected on a rap battle site. So, in line with this, I felt it necessary to write this exegesis as a disclaimer to an apology:

I'M SORRY, @Seul , THAT I TOOK YOUR ADVISE AS CRITICISM, AND HAVE SPENT TOO MANY MINUTES TRYING TO GET YOU TO APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR PART IN ALL THIS AS OPPOSE TO JUST COMPLETELY LETTING IT GO.

Although treating Seul as my evil nemesis and arch villain has been sort of fun, and I might do a little more of that for shits n giggles, the truth is no one can get another person to apologize or change if the other person does not want to. And, although I do not agree with Seul's part in the matter, I have actually prevented myself from moving on by expecting that he should own up to his part in the matter. if there is anything I have learned from 12 step programs as part of my own recovery from personal addictions, its that EXPECTATIONS BREED RESENTMENTS.

I understand the competative nature of this site, as well as the reason why there is so much beefing (its in the name), shit talking, trolling, and otherwise adolescent behavior. Yet, I do think that to keep the site alive and potentially grow the user base, the community must come together to have moments of positivity. So, s/o to @Brayne Ded .

I am sure that I am going to get judged for this thread and be on the receiving end of much "comment making", but I assure you that whoever commits to that behavior is responsible for their choices at the end of the day, and that those choices reflect on them as much as any come back I could construct to defend myself.

Cheers to a better LetsBeef!

Love,

FreeK

:grass:
"Watch out monkey!"

@Seul , @Brayne Ded , @Hyena , @Edgeworth , @Bape , @Sup, @Aggo , @HVK , Lockhart (we miss you) , @HVK , @KG , @Bleu , @Shodan , @2 Gucci , @Rai ,

TAG WHOEVER ELSE YA WANT or NOT.

Last edited by The Ghost of Freak; 08-26-2018 at 12:56 PM.