Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08-31-2017, 08:40 AM
EtH
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Fuck "The New Site"

I honestly can't believe how much this site goes in circles, and how many people actually support and believe in the same lies over and over again.

Okay, some of you can be forgiven. You weren't around for the last "new site" so you're falling for the same tricks all of us did, but seriously theres enough history going around that it should be known how much of an insult this is.

In 2008, we were getting LB v4. Letsbeef had two development versions after launch, and these were v2 and v3. Then we were getting v4. @X hyped the absolute fuck out of it. After a while he announced that instead of supporting Letsbeef.com, he was making a "new site", FlyHipHop.com. He gave some of us the Beta to the site. It looked good. The intention however was to make it a "battle social site" and not just a battle site. A month later, it was gone and X never addressed the site again.

Then, he ghosted. Probably for about 2 years. Then he returned and announced "new exclusive" and stuck a big ad on the screen banner. Nothing ever came of that and then he took it down.

Then he added a couple of small features here and there. Nothing big or concrete, but enough to pretend he was still involved in the site (and not more invested in the more profitable Rocbattle). I called him out on it in a thread. He sent me a message on MSN saying he loved LB as it was his first site. He convinced me he intended to help the site grow again. This was the last we heard from X in over 5 years.

After 2 years of nothingness, Pugz announced that he was taking over the site. Some time after it was revealed that X intended to shut Letsbeef down, and Pugz said he'd take over instead. The site was split between Pugz and it's former coder, Pseudonym. Pugz would continuously tell us that big things were coming. Huge things. Massive moves. Nothing ever happened. We lay on continuous promises that Pseudo was going to give us tonnes of code and features for years, he never did.

Perhaps the biggest slap in the face was the announcement of Letsbeef v4...take 2. Yes, Pugz once again announced v4, 4 years after his brother had. Did it come? Do you see it?

A couple of small features here and there were added but nothing of good substance.

Pugz would then tell us he intended to change Letsbeef into a more "battle social site". He said that he paid like a thousand dollars to Russian coders who were now working on the site. Pugz never addressed this again and nothing ever came of it.

Then it was nothingness for months until it was revealed that X had purchased the site from Pugz and Pseudo again and was going to work on it part time, equipt with new coding abilities. He rolled out a few cool features, the never added anything for months. Then, he announced that he couldn't work on anything because he was working on a "new site".

So to summarize:-

Step 1: Someone owns or takes over the site.
Step 2: They roll out some small features to get people on board.
Step 3: They announce a new version and/or site and we just have to be patient.
Step 4: Reveal the site isn't even going to be a battle site anymore.
Step 5: Blame coders not doing their work.
Step 6: Ghost.
Step 7: Repeat Step 1.

Last edited by EtH; 08-31-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Unread 08-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #1

EtH

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default Fuck "The New Site"

I honestly can't believe how much this site goes in circles, and how many people actually support and believe in the same lies over and over again.

Okay, some of you can be forgiven. You weren't around for the last "new site" so you're falling for the same tricks all of us did, but seriously theres enough history going around that it should be known how much of an insult this is.

In 2008, we were getting LB v4. Letsbeef had two development versions after launch, and these were v2 and v3. Then we were getting v4. @X hyped the absolute fuck out of it. After a while he announced that instead of supporting Letsbeef.com, he was making a "new site", FlyHipHop.com. He gave some of us the Beta to the site. It looked good. The intention however was to make it a "battle social site" and not just a battle site. A month later, it was gone and X never addressed the site again.

Then, he ghosted. Probably for about 2 years. Then he returned and announced "new exclusive" and stuck a big ad on the screen banner. Nothing ever came of that and then he took it down.

Then he added a couple of small features here and there. Nothing big or concrete, but enough to pretend he was still involved in the site (and not more invested in the more profitable Rocbattle). I called him out on it in a thread. He sent me a message on MSN saying he loved LB as it was his first site. He convinced me he intended to help the site grow again. This was the last we heard from X in over 5 years.

After 2 years of nothingness, Pugz announced that he was taking over the site. Some time after it was revealed that X intended to shut Letsbeef down, and Pugz said he'd take over instead. The site was split between Pugz and it's former coder, Pseudonym. Pugz would continuously tell us that big things were coming. Huge things. Massive moves. Nothing ever happened. We lay on continuous promises that Pseudo was going to give us tonnes of code and features for years, he never did.

Perhaps the biggest slap in the face was the announcement of Letsbeef v4...take 2. Yes, Pugz once again announced v4, 4 years after his brother had. Did it come? Do you see it?

A couple of small features here and there were added but nothing of good substance.

Pugz would then tell us he intended to change Letsbeef into a more "battle social site". He said that he paid like a thousand dollars to Russian coders who were now working on the site. Pugz never addressed this again and nothing ever came of it.

Then it was nothingness for months until it was revealed that X had purchased the site from Pugz and Pseudo again and was going to work on it part time, equipt with new coding abilities. He rolled out a few cool features, the never added anything for months. Then, he announced that he couldn't work on anything because he was working on a "new site".

So to summarize:-

Step 1: Someone owns or takes over the site.
Step 2: They roll out some small features to get people on board.
Step 3: They announce a new version and/or site and we just have to be patient.
Step 4: Reveal the site isn't even going to be a battle site anymore.
Step 5: Blame coders not doing their work.
Step 6: Ghost.
Step 7: Repeat Step 1.

Last edited by EtH; 08-31-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Unread 08-31-2017, 09:34 AM
lllllllllllll

Sadly, all truth. We've been waiting on updates, especially the core members (I'm kindve included since I've been here since like 2011).
Unread 08-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #2

lllllllllllll

Sadly, all truth. We've been waiting on updates, especially the core members (I'm kindve included since I've been here since like 2011).

Unread 08-31-2017, 11:06 AM
EtH

NOBLE, ELOH STACKz, GrizzEAT or Pugz, feel free to post that my attitude "isn't helpful" and we all just have to "be patient" because LB's making "big moves behind the scenes".
Unread 08-31-2017, 11:06 AM   #3

EtH

NOBLE, ELOH STACKz, GrizzEAT or Pugz, feel free to post that my attitude "isn't helpful" and we all just have to "be patient" because LB's making "big moves behind the scenes".

Unread 08-31-2017, 12:06 PM
X
The Boss
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)

@Kuhn thanks for your summary, it's not entirely true, but for the most part it's pretty good.

I haven't been directly involved in the site for ~6 years, I didn't even own it for that period. I re-acquired it recently and I'm updating it to a new design that will work on mobile and be faster. It will still be a battle site, no crazy pivot to social etc.

You can try the new HTML5 recorder that works on desktop and mobile here: https://justjordas.000webhostapp.com...audio/try.html

Here is a screenshot of the new site in progress:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lb-new.jpg (20.0 KB, 78 views)
Unread 08-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #4

X
The Boss

Voted: 148 audio / 43 text

@Kuhn thanks for your summary, it's not entirely true, but for the most part it's pretty good.

I haven't been directly involved in the site for ~6 years, I didn't even own it for that period. I re-acquired it recently and I'm updating it to a new design that will work on mobile and be faster. It will still be a battle site, no crazy pivot to social etc.

You can try the new HTML5 recorder that works on desktop and mobile here: https://justjordas.000webhostapp.com...audio/try.html

Here is a screenshot of the new site in progress:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lb-new.jpg (20.0 KB, 78 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2017, 12:11 PM
EtH

But you owned it before 6 years ago. I've been on here for 10 years ago. There was A LOT of promises, screenshots, entire functional websites, professional looking advertising banners during that time.

Not a single thing came to fruition.

Furthermore, so are we just trying to become RapPad or something?

Removed Rappad screenshot to avoid confusion -X
Unread 08-31-2017, 12:11 PM   #5

EtH

But you owned it before 6 years ago. I've been on here for 10 years ago. There was A LOT of promises, screenshots, entire functional websites, professional looking advertising banners during that time.

Not a single thing came to fruition.

Furthermore, so are we just trying to become RapPad or something?

Removed Rappad screenshot to avoid confusion -X

Unread 08-31-2017, 12:24 PM
X
The Boss

Can't change the past, only shape the future. The design is a work in progress, the main goals are to make it fast and work on mobile.
Unread 08-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #6

X
The Boss

Can't change the past, only shape the future. The design is a work in progress, the main goals are to make it fast and work on mobile.
Unread 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM
EtH

RapPad looks like a clean version of what you just posted and is already mobile supported. What exactly is it you're bringing to the table?

Letsbeef took off cause it was different. Now, rejigging the system isn't enough. You got Lil B's number?
Unread 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM   #7

EtH

RapPad looks like a clean version of what you just posted and is already mobile supported. What exactly is it you're bringing to the table?

Letsbeef took off cause it was different. Now, rejigging the system isn't enough. You got Lil B's number?

Unread 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM
X
The Boss

RP looks like a nice site to learn how to rhyme, LB is for battles. We will continue focusing on the battle experience.

Mobile is a big focus because more than 50% of people coming here are on mobile, and the site is hard to use on mobile, audio battling doesn't even work. As a result, a lot of new potential members drop off and existing members have hard time using the site.

With regards to new features I'm not going to reveal everything, but happy to hear your ideas.
Unread 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #8

X
The Boss

RP looks like a nice site to learn how to rhyme, LB is for battles. We will continue focusing on the battle experience.

Mobile is a big focus because more than 50% of people coming here are on mobile, and the site is hard to use on mobile, audio battling doesn't even work. As a result, a lot of new potential members drop off and existing members have hard time using the site.

With regards to new features I'm not going to reveal everything, but happy to hear your ideas.
Unread 08-31-2017, 08:36 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

What should the focus be for x if not building a more modern foundation? I'm with you though, only difference in my version of things (which admittedly may be naivety at best) is that in my view, the return of X & the subsequent small but noticeable action he took upon just getting back here gave me the clear mindset that he's at the very least our most feasible way out of the gutter.

With all that happy faggot shit out of the way I also am not just gonna hit the forums to throw out another rallying "lets do OUR part!!1" speech if it fails, just gonna unbookmark a proven failure & put it in the past like I probably should have done at the first (or fourth) promise of a new bright version of letsbeef.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

@X - I find the purple tone to be a lil off putting, and the structuring of those battle-page content boxes to be feel a lot more bare & tossed in, in comparison to this versions compact & symmetrical approach to the gui. (I get its unfinished, just tossing thoughts in)

Also whats the overall progress looking like? I'm certain you have the ability to calculate how much work you've done to how much is left, give us an honest roadmap man. Hell INCLUDE us if need be, despite the frustrated nature of this threads creation, its existence makes it evident that we all just want to see progress being made.

Last edited by Babylon; 08-31-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Unread 08-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #9

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

What should the focus be for x if not building a more modern foundation? I'm with you though, only difference in my version of things (which admittedly may be naivety at best) is that in my view, the return of X & the subsequent small but noticeable action he took upon just getting back here gave me the clear mindset that he's at the very least our most feasible way out of the gutter.

With all that happy faggot shit out of the way I also am not just gonna hit the forums to throw out another rallying "lets do OUR part!!1" speech if it fails, just gonna unbookmark a proven failure & put it in the past like I probably should have done at the first (or fourth) promise of a new bright version of letsbeef.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

@X - I find the purple tone to be a lil off putting, and the structuring of those battle-page content boxes to be feel a lot more bare & tossed in, in comparison to this versions compact & symmetrical approach to the gui. (I get its unfinished, just tossing thoughts in)

Also whats the overall progress looking like? I'm certain you have the ability to calculate how much work you've done to how much is left, give us an honest roadmap man. Hell INCLUDE us if need be, despite the frustrated nature of this threads creation, its existence makes it evident that we all just want to see progress being made.

Last edited by Babylon; 08-31-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Unread 08-31-2017, 08:47 PM
X
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

@X - Also its interesting that you provide a rhyme dictionary on-site for battlers, looks to be an embedded form of rhymezone. and below that looks like a custom music player?? Quite myspace-y if thats not specifically for letsbeef music. I find the purple tone to be a lil off putting, and the structuring of those battle-page content boxes to be feel a lot more bare & tossed in, in comparison to letsbeefs compact & symmetrical approach to the gui now.

That screenshot @Kuhn posted is from Rappad, not the new LB. Check my post before that.

I'm not giving deadlines or announcing anything official, but we have converted most of the core of the site to the new framework, and just finished the HTML5 audio recording system. Next focus is making the text battle experience better on mobile, and seeing if we should upgrade vbulletin or migrate to more modern forum system like flarum.
Unread 08-31-2017, 08:47 PM   #10

X
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

@X - Also its interesting that you provide a rhyme dictionary on-site for battlers, looks to be an embedded form of rhymezone. and below that looks like a custom music player?? Quite myspace-y if thats not specifically for letsbeef music. I find the purple tone to be a lil off putting, and the structuring of those battle-page content boxes to be feel a lot more bare & tossed in, in comparison to letsbeefs compact & symmetrical approach to the gui now.

That screenshot @Kuhn posted is from Rappad, not the new LB. Check my post before that.

I'm not giving deadlines or announcing anything official, but we have converted most of the core of the site to the new framework, and just finished the HTML5 audio recording system. Next focus is making the text battle experience better on mobile, and seeing if we should upgrade vbulletin or migrate to more modern forum system like flarum.

Tags
logic