PDA

View Full Version : Since I can't post this in the staff board now....

Mindless
08-25-2014, 08:45 PM
I agree with noble.. we do have a revolving door policy in place for mods that can contribute and want to commit later.. but if the work is slacking then we need to make moves to correct it.. i said it before.. if you cant commit the time then really you should step down and let some new blood step in .

And that's fine but why are we demodding people w/o saying anything to them at all first? I wasn't necessarily arguing against demodding them as much demodding them and not letting them be here in the board because guys like Jason and Just C have been around for a long time and done a whole lot for this site so they deserve to be in this board regardless of their activity as a staff member.

Jason was re-added because he's been around so long but Just C and Phil Banks weren't. Why, because they haven't been around as long? How can we defend against charges of favoritism if both Jason and one of the other current mods go inactive and we demod the other mod but not Jason? Perhaps your position is we don't demod anyone because "activity isn't exactly a flurry around here." Active mods are exactly what's helping to generate the little activity that's still left through organizing tournaments/forum games etc!! If there's no work to do, we as staff should MAKE WORK for ourselves to do. Perhaps we have two different perceptions on what constitutes "activity" because from where I'm standing, in my entire nearly 3 years on staff, Jason has never really been that active. The admin logs will prove it. People aren't stupid. They know when someone is still on staff when they see their comments on battles or when they view "Forum Leaders." Mods complain and feel a certain way when they don't feel like everyone is holding their own weight and they are doing everything. I experienced the same feeling when I was a mod. "Half the mods are inactive" is one of the common complaints people make about the site. If it's not about them being a mod or having mod powers, then you should do what I did when RULE stepped down the first time , because I felt the same way about him having a seat at the table at the time, and simply edit their access mask to be able to view the staff forums. As far as having a few extra hands on deck, like I said before, there will always be people willing to join staff and help out. We never need to keep inactive mods around for fear of that.

I just hadn't gotten to Just C or any of the others yet. I think there does need to be a certain level of favortism towards people who have contributed the most to this site and given the most of their time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Favortism isn't always bad. As far as my position goes it's not that hard to understand. All you have to do is flip their displayed user group around. It takes 1/10th the time it took me to create the usergroup I did and start adding people to it. That's what I was advocating. I've yet to even see anyone define what "inactivity" leads to being demodded.Jay was on vacation and getting his degree and shit but you couldn't just make his display usergroup Exclusive? Why? Why is that such a huge deal? You may have been staff and not seen him be "active" a whole lot in three years but I was staff for seven years and those four years before and any of the old heads will tell you he was and still is one of the most fair and respected moderators on this site. Modding isn't just about deleting votes and changing vote power and shit either. What's Jason's vote count? How many discussions has he been involved in?

Active mods don't generate activity. Active userbases do. The purpose of moderators is to keep that activity within the rules so that everyone has a fair experience with the site. The reason there's so little for the mods to do is because the userbase is shrinking away. Sure, they can generate stuff for themselves to do but to what extent? How many tournaments can they do? At what point do we say "Okay, something else needs to be done?" We get endless promises and ideas but nothing is ever done. At this rate, when I get to the day that marks ten years on this site, if it's still here, I feel like we're going to be in the same place. It's been like this for years now.

Let's be real, you're pissed because I went behind you and changed something. Something that wasn't even that major. You're pulling a power play because I made an executive decision that, as a senior staff member, I had every right to make. De-Staffing me w/o saying anything first or messaging me or anything like that is a snake ass move. Pugz, I'm sorry this is how this went. X never would have let some shit like this go though. He trusted me and new I could make the right calls and gave me the latitude to make them. I'm not even angry man. I'm just disappointed you couldn't show me the same respect and trust he did.

Babylon
08-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Awh lord.

Mindless
08-25-2014, 10:19 PM
If any of the shit I said is wrong somebody let me know. Do Jason, Just C, RULE and others not deserve a chance to give their opinions on policy as it's being made after all the contributions that they've made?

NOBLE
08-25-2014, 10:48 PM
And that's fine but why are we demodding people w/o saying anything to them at all first? I wasn't necessarily arguing against demodding them as much demodding them and not letting them be here in the board because guys like Jason and Just C have been around for a long time and done a whole lot for this site so they deserve to be in this board regardless of their activity as a staff member.

I just hadn't gotten to Just C or any of the others yet. I think there does need to be a certain level of favortism towards people who have contributed the most to this site and given the most of their time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Favortism isn't always bad. As far as my position goes it's not that hard to understand. All you have to do is flip their displayed user group around. It takes 1/10th the time it took me to create the usergroup I did and start adding people to it. That's what I was advocating. I've yet to even see anyone define what "inactivity" leads to being demodded.Jay was on vacation and getting his degree and shit but you couldn't just make his display usergroup Exclusive? Why? Why is that such a huge deal? You may have been staff and not seen him be "active" a whole lot in three years but I was staff for seven years and those four years before and any of the old heads will tell you he was and still is one of the most fair and respected moderators on this site. Modding isn't just about deleting votes and changing vote power and shit either. What's Jason's vote count? How many discussions has he been involved in?

Active mods don't generate activity. Active userbases do. The purpose of moderators is to keep that activity within the rules so that everyone has a fair experience with the site. The reason there's so little for the mods to do is because the userbase is shrinking away. Sure, they can generate stuff for themselves to do but to what extent? How many tournaments can they do? At what point do we say "Okay, something else needs to be done?" We get endless promises and ideas but nothing is ever done. At this rate, when I get to the day that marks ten years on this site, if it's still here, I feel like we're going to be in the same place. It's been like this for years now.

Let's be real, you're pissed because I went behind you and changed something. Something that wasn't even that major. You're pulling a power play because I made an executive decision that, as a senior staff member, I had every right to make. De-Staffing me w/o saying anything first or messaging me or anything like that is a snake ass move. Pugz, I'm sorry this is how this went. X never would have let some shit like this go though. He trusted me and new I could make the right calls and gave me the latitude to make them. I'm not even angry man. I'm just disappointed you couldn't show me the same respect and trust he did.
There's a lot wrong with being perceived as showing favoritism, especially when it's based on a misconception of who's active and who's not. I feel like your perception is based on how things were years ago when Jason and Just C probably were the most active mods, and you seem to be assuming that since they've been here all this time, they must have been contributing at the same rate as other mods. No offence but I feel like I'm more in-tune with who's active and who needs to be demodded at the present moment since I'm on the site everyday monitoring mod activities and you're hardly active yourself. I'll admit I honestly didn't know Jason was on vacation. All I know is I had been back as admin for a whole month and a half and had only seen him online twice. He hadn't participated in any staff discussions and he doesn't have any activity registered in the admin logs. But in my almost 3 years working with him, he was never really that active even when he wasn't on vacation. For much of that time, he, like yourself, would log in as Invisible. Regular members can't see that you're online and available for them to hit you up when you're Invisible. That's basically saying "I don't want to be bothered" so you guys are hard pressed to say "there's not much to do" when you don't even take the first step of making yourself available to members at all times. I had sent Jason, Just C and Phil Banks PM's saying they are welcome back whenever they're ready to be active again. Them being demodded doesn't mean they can never come back, but I had already stated my reasons for not keeping them (or anyone else) as mods while they're inactive. I'll just paste it here since this is now a public discussion.
It actually damages both the morale of some of the current staff members as well as the perception of staff in general in the eyes of the public when we have members of staff who are perceived as inactive. If we can't demod certain people because "they've been around so long" then there's no point in ever demodding anybody for inactivity. It would simply look like favoritism.
You're right about modding not being just about deleting votes and changing vote power and whatever else is registered in the admin logs. For the record, my vote count exceeds both yours and Jason's and I haven't been here for 7 years. So does my forum actions. You're also right about an active userbase being the primary generator of activity, but I feel staff should play a major role in that. Part of what makes RULE such an esteemed staff member is he was always busy creating and running new tourneys for the members like Illmania, LBT, etc. When was the last time Jason ran a tournament on LetsBeef? At this particular junction, ESPECIALLY because the site activity is low, we don't need any background mods. We need mods that will be front and center helping to keep the activity going. As far as your point about us getting promises that haven't been fulfilled, that doesn't mean we should throw our hands in the air and give up. Honestly, I feel like you've given up on LB from being frustrated with the lack of development. I know you had asked for access which you never received and I agree they should give someone more access who's always here. My whole time on staff has been practically about finding ways around these things rather than throwing my hands up and giving up like y'all. People complained that the crew battles weren't working? I assigned someone to run crew battles through the forum. It's not the coding fix that we really need, but it's still something and a way for us to continue crew battles regardless. No one had mod access in the original chatroom on the side drop down menu? I made a new chatroom with Teek and embedded it in the forums. It would still be better if we simply change what's embedded in the side drop down menu but no one has access right now. That doesn't mean we can't have a chatroom. The audio tournament players weren''t working? I suggested we hold the audio tourney in the regular arena which is still working rather than NOT have a tourney at all this time cause the brackets aren't working. That's the type of approach I think all staff members should have. Mods like ILLoKWENT running the FVC and actively participating in tournaments and giving members feedback, mods like 2FUEL who votes on damn near every battle people ask him to vote on and actively checks for multiple account cheaters and handles awards, X-Calibur and Mayneak even though they just recently joined/re-joined are doing a lot as well. These are the type of mods we need right now. If you simply commit to voting on FVC battles alone, you would never say there's nothing to do. We don't need staff members who've thrown their hands up out of frustration. We need staff members who are currently doing their best regardless of the low activity/lack of site fixes.

J u s T C
08-26-2014, 12:17 AM
The whole demodding de admining thing without consulting/discussing needs to stop. Not even bothered about myself because I wasn't exactly active.

But I agree with Mindless. it's about more than the stupid admin log. No offence.

People like Jason Should have had staff lounge access atleast in an advisory role. ( I think thats what mindless tried to do?)

People disagree ALL the time. You need to learn how to discuss and compromise and cut the " NAAAAH NAAAAH NAAAAH FINGERS IN MY EARS *DEADMIN* crap.

Too much black and white, not enough grey.

Cool with all the staff including Noble but if thats how it went down and Mindless never been the sneaky type to just make up shit, you wrong for that.

Mindless
08-26-2014, 12:20 AM
There's a lot wrong with being perceived as showing favoritism, especially when it's based on a misconception of who's active and who's not.
Except that's not what it was based on. It was based on the perception of contribution and despite whatever recent level of activity he might have had Jason contributed a lot to this site. That goes for a lot of others. Not just him and Just C. Anyone who's put in that level of work should have the opportunity to have their voice heard at the policy discussion table. Even if they aren't active staff. That was my point the whole time. You seem to be implying that those who contributed the most should be treated the same as those contributed very little or nothing at all because it "might look bad." I seriously doubt you'd find anyone around here that would tell you that guys that gave up so much of their free time to sit around her moderating battles and creating things for the site shouldn't just get to see the mod board or something because it wouldn't be fair or w/e.

I feel like your perception is based on how things were years ago when Jason and Just C probably were the most active mods, and you seem to be assuming that since they've been here all this time, they must have been contributing at the same rate as other mods.
My perception is based on how things are. Any staff member who made major contributions to this site in time and effort deserves to have their voice heard. I feel like I'm repeating myself, and it's because I am. You've got this whole "What have you done for me lately" thing going on and I'm saying it doesn't matter when you did it. I just want to show appreciation for doing it. It's not all that difficult a concept man.

No offence but I feel like I'm more in-tune with who's active and who needs to be demodded at the present moment since I'm on the site everyday monitoring mod activities and you're hardly active yourself. I'll admit I honestly didn't know Jason was on vacation. All I know is I had been back as admin for a whole month and a half and had only seen him online twice. He hadn't participated in any staff discussions and he doesn't have any activity registered in the admin logs. But in my almost 3 years working with him, he was never really that active even when he wasn't on vacation.
And again, I say why not just flip his user groups around? That's the thing you don't seem to understand. You seem to think I was on some crazy power trip doing shit behind your back or something but I've explained to you three or four times now that it was about letting those guys see the board w/o having to go through all the trouble of creating a new user group and editing board permissions. It wasn't a power play you silly bastard. It was efficiency. Doing the same amount of work in as few clicks as possible. It's not like these aren't people we haven't already trusted with this power so there's no reason to believe that it isn't a good idea to just flip around some usergroups until they decide they want to be active again. There really was no reason to create an entirely new usergroup, create a new set of perms for that group and then apply a new set of perms to the staff board for that group. You see what I'm saying? I did in like, three clicks what would have been at least ten minutes of shit otherwise that was basically unnecessary to do when the usergroup that was needed to perform the same action was already there.

For much of that time, he, like yourself, would log in as Invisible. Regular members can't see that you're online and available for them to hit you up when you're Invisible.
I honestly forgot I even had that turned on. Until today I hadn't been in my user options CP for probably two or three years I bet. It's not something I do very often at all. I can't even remember what my previous avatar was.

That's basically saying "I don't want to be bothered" so you guys are hard pressed to say "there's not much to do" when you don't even take the first step of making yourself available to members at all times.
Or it's saying, "I don't want you to see me doing shit in the background and watching what you're doing because then you won't do it." when there actually is a lot of activity going on. Sometimes it's better to run through the backend when you're checking for shady shit. Not to mention that posting in the boards kind of gives away when I'm online anyhow.

I had sent Jason, Just C and Phil Banks PM's saying they are welcome back whenever they're ready to be active again. Them being demodded doesn't mean they can never come back, but I had already stated my reasons for not keeping them (or anyone else) as mods while they're inactive.
Please refer to above question about why not just switch their display groups around and actually answer that one this time maybe.

I'll just paste it here since this is now a public discussion.
Which it wouldn't be if you hadn't decided to remove my admin powers and lock me out of the staff forum instead of just continuing to have the discussion with me there. It's that simple really. We could be having this whole discussion there in that board right now. And it's especially strange after I went ahead and ran with your idea creating the new usergroup and adding people to it and then even asking the other staff members in the thread for suggestions on people to add to it.

You're right about modding not being just about deleting votes and changing vote power and whatever else is registered in the admin logs. For the record, my vote count exceeds both yours and Jason's and I haven't been here for 7 years. So does my forum actions.
And that makes you better somehow? I don't think so. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what my situation is and has been over the past eight years or so and a number of them understand that I'm as active as I possibly can be. Given that it is what it is I think I've done pretty well tbqh. Not to mention the amount of shit I was doing before my bouts of "inactivity."

You're also right about an active userbase being the primary generator of activity, but I feel staff should play a major role in that.
FINALLY! We agree on something.

Part of what makes RULE such an esteemed staff member is he was always busy creating and running new tourneys for the members like Illmania, LBT, etc.
There's a lot more to it than that. In fact, I would say the tourneys were the least of the reasons RULE is so respected.

When was the last time Jason ran a tournament on LetsBeef? At this particular junction, ESPECIALLY because the site activity is low, we don't need any background mods. We need mods that will be front and center helping to keep the activity going.
To continue having conversations about having too many tourneys and user titles that we had five years ago? How many times do we have to repeat the same things over again? Some things work. Some things don't. We need to be throwing out shit that is doing nothing instead of continuing to do the same shit over and over and wondering why we end up in the same place.

As far as your point about us getting promises that haven't been fulfilled, that doesn't mean we should throw our hands in the air and give up. Honestly, I feel like you've given up on LB from being frustrated with the lack of development.
Could you blame me if I had? I respect the hell out of your optimism buddy but optimism will only get you so far. Shit needs to be fixed and set back on course or this mother fucker is gone. I dont' want that. I've put a lot of my time and self into this site and half the time it seems like I was the only one who gave a shit.

I know you had asked for access which you never received and I agree they should give someone more access who's always here.
Even with the access necessary there are still so many things that I can't do that need to be done by the site owners. They're going to have to buckle down and believe in their investment or it's going to take a big fat shit right in front of them. To be honest those things I wanted to do would have been nothing more than band-aids on a sucking chest wound.

My whole time on staff has been practically about finding ways around these things rather than throwing my hands up and giving up like y'all. People complained that the crew battles weren't working? I assigned someone to run crew battles through the forum. It's not the coding fix that we really need, but it's still something and a way for us to continue crew battles regardless. No one had mod access in the original chatroom on the side drop down menu? I made a new chatroom with Teek and embedded it in the forums. It would still be better if we simply change what's embedded in the side drop down menu but no one has access right now. That doesn't mean we can't have a chatroom. The audio tournament players weren''t working? I suggested we hold the audio tourney in the regular arena which is still working rather than NOT have a tourney at all this time cause the brackets aren't working.
And those are exactly the type of work-arounds we were doing before you were even a staff member. Sometimes the users would even do the shit all on their own. After a while though people are going to get tired of that sort of thing and they're just going to want things to work the way they are supposed to instead of jerry-rigging up whatever fix we can manage.

That's the type of approach I think all staff members should have. Mods like @ILLoKWENT (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=886323) running the FVC and actively participating in tournaments and giving members feedback, mods like @2FUEL (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=64737) who votes on damn near every battle people ask him to vote on and actively checks for multiple account cheaters and handles awards, @X-Calibur (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=34455) and @Mayneak (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=50811) even though they just recently joined/re-joined are doing a lot as well. These are the type of mods we need right now.
You're right. We do need good mods and it's not just right now it's all the time. My point has been this whole time though that any staff member who's made lasting contributions to the site should at least be able to see the mod board and jump right back to modding (Barring some sort of shady shit.) at any point. That's why I'm so confused about why you're making this into me doing some crazy shit. We basically fucking agree and are saying the same shit but because I changed a usergroup around it's turned into this huge fucking thing.

If you simply commit to voting on FVC battles alone, you would never say there's nothing to do. We don't need staff members who've thrown their hands up out of frustration. We need staff members who are currently doing their best regardless of the low activity/lack of site fixes.
Calling out bullshit is not the same thing as throwing my hands up and quitting. I have not ever, and would not have ever, quit. I've always read and made the effort to try and answer every single PM and thread mention or whatever.

Oh, and that FVC thing you're fond of that gets all the votes going. I created that. Probably before you were even a basic member. I'm not rubbing it in your face. I'm just saying, you're pushing this concept of me having quit and never accomplished or contributed anything but that couldn't be further from the truth.

J u s T C
08-26-2014, 12:22 AM
Also. Correct. Rule was doing this that and the other. He tried. But just going off illmania it was riddled with no shows. The activity isn't there. You can run all the tourneys you want but when you're met with so much resistance I.E bags of no shows. There are issues elsewhere.

Tourneys don't increase activity. They just bring a little buzz till it's time to put up. Advertising and bringing in members boosts activity.

Only reason I stopped running tourneys was because they were bags of shit no shows.

"OOOOOOOH THE SITES DEAD" *RUNS TOURNEY* "OOOOOH THE SITES DEAD" guy no shows.

Mindless
08-26-2014, 12:56 AM
I wish I could get into the people who have real say in what goes on with this site that the only thing that's going to cure its ills is to actually put the time and money into it that's necessary. It's not even like the market for battling is gone away. It's still there. We've just lost it and our way here.

J u s T C
08-26-2014, 01:02 AM
In response to the "throwing your hands up and giving up"

It's very easy to say that because it helps you from addressing the real issue.

The fact is people woke up.

There's only so many times I'm going to "say this" or "do that" before I realise it's a pointless fruitless exercise in a waste of my own time.

But instead of looking at it and asking yourself. "Why is so and so" not "doing such and such" anymore. Why has he decided to fall back and take a back seat.

You bin them and bring in naive new blood.

Well it will only be a matter of time before they reach the same point and hit a brick wall (if they even give enough of a shit about this place to even reach that point in the first place)

You're putting a plaster on a rifle wound.

Student
08-26-2014, 02:09 AM
I Believe That "Open Door Policy" Doesn't Extend To Everyone Even Current Patriarchs (Talking About EtH And Myself).

Also, I Would Contribute To This Thread But Honestly I Had Almost This Same Discussion With NOBLE A Few Days Ago.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-26-2014, 04:59 AM
^I'm alright tbh. If people don't even want to give my ideas the time of day in the general forums, what does the staff lounge change?

Godbody
08-26-2014, 08:41 AM
lol the shitstorm that ensues after people get de-modded is pure comedy

unfortunately i dont have the patience nor the fucks to give to read through all these posts and threads but i get the general idea

some ppl are unhappy with NOBLE's work

but lol @ revolving door policy

Jasons inactive as fuck. i understand demodding him. but at least he's around even when inactive. u have dudes like X-Cal that come on once every 6 months and u mod him? what kinda revolving door policy is that. the mods that do their job but are inactive should always have preference over people that stop by every once in a blue

NatsHubby
08-26-2014, 10:45 AM
i already dont fuck with this shit hole site,fuck letsbeef. Jason was one of the best mods on here (Check the thread made by some dude asking guys to list down their fav. mods and admins. Jason was in every list except rule's)

thats why I dont fuck with ya'll.

Babylon
08-26-2014, 12:24 PM
If LB has testimonials it would literally just be "this place sucks" and "fuck letsbeef"

Row
08-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Why is muggz a mod

NatsHubby
08-26-2014, 12:49 PM
fuck that why is Denton still the admin? Im actually glad that half the site moved on to bbe,no one wants to battle on a site ran by corrupt ass admins. Pugz and his group of circle jerks and groupies can go fuck themselves. Noble you're cool but this was a real bad move,bruh,i respect you and regard you as the big fam but i don't agree with Jason and Punk being demodded.

Student
08-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Why Is Muggz Still A Moderator? He's Hardly Around And If He Is, He's Invisible Because I Haven't Seen Him Online. I Login Pretty Much Daily And If I Don't Login I'm Looking At The Forums As A Guest, I Have Yet To See Muggz Post Anything In About A Month.

Why Is RULE Still An Administrator, When He Officially Retired Yet Mindless, Who's Been On Staff Pretty Much Since This Site's Inception And Who Still Logs In Demoted?

Why Is V3numb Still A Video / Graphics / Regular Moderator? What Has He Contributed, Ever? He's "Too Busy" To Even Help On The New Skin, Has Done Nothing With The Video Section Since He Got It, Was "Too Busy" To Make Any Emcee Items When That Was Going To Happen Yet He's "Not Busy" Enough To Be A Full Moderator? How Does That Make Sense?

Edit:
Here's A Simple Solution To This:
First Of All Apologize Cause Honestly This Was Fucked Up.
Second, Make Mindless An Administrator Again, His Position Shouldn't Of Been Changed Regardless Of His Periods Of Inactivity.
Second, Ask Just C, Jason, etc. If They're Willing To Active And If So Make Them Moderators Again. Lastly, If Jason And Just C Aren't Going To Be Moderators, Make Them Patriarchs And Give The Patriarch Usergroup The Ability To Post In And See The Staff Forums (I Know You Currently Have The Permissions To Do So, That's A Basic Administrator Power) NOBLE
Anyone Who's A Patriarch Has Given Years To This Website And Should Have Ability To Activity Contribute Ideas And Take Place In Discussions About The Website In The Staff Forums (Where This Whole Discussion Could've Taken Place If This Was In Place). Our Experience And Knowledge Of This Website Is Something I Believe We Can Share With The New Moderators Because They Aren't Always Fully Informed, It's One Thing To Be Active, It's Another Thing To Be Inactive But Have Years Of Experience In Something.

Mindless Jason Just C

Fiji Osa
08-26-2014, 06:12 PM
I will act like members on here respect what I have to say and can really see my post for what is worth despite the last 2-3 weeks of childish fuckery

Valid points have been thrown from both sides of the fence .. and I can honestly see where everyone is coming from. Although, we can't always agree with what the "higher echelon" does on LB we need to remember that there is a method-to-the-maddness. It is ok to question and have your own opinion but the open defiance and outright disrespect towards the MODS and ADMINS needs to stop. Not say kiss ass but no need to be disrespectful either.

All MODS/ADMINS past and presence at one time all contributed to LB (this is why despite low activity the site is still open and running). We are entering a new age and with that there needs to be new blood, ideas .. vision to continue to make LB better than the few competitors that are out there. BUT WE NEED TO START TAKING CARE OF HOME! if we don't LB will surly eventually die and we have nobody but ourselves to blame for that happening.

With NOBLE behind the scenes getting LB v4 together Pugz Muggz Mic-Check Danger Rich and myself working to ensure the #lbshowcase is a success it is time that all the members start contributing to turn the site around in lieu of the LB much needed face lift.

It'll all happen and when it does we will be all the more for it because it was a collective effort. As the LB Live Battle Moderator I will start stepping up and doing my part in hopes of getting my color changed from Purp to Green .. this is no secret .. but aside from:

up dating LB battler profiles
promoting battles that are featured on YouTube

The ultimate goal is to start assisting LB Members that are currently live battle active or seeking to get active the necessary tools as well as the opportunities to not only showcase their talent but also show that LB does have quality artist that can make a name for themselves. I feel that Mani Mula will be the test run and if we are successful with Mani then we can be successful with other members in the future

Lets all get on the same page LB .. all jokes aside .. we can and we must

Obey
08-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Well if you're focusing on live events and live battlers, stay the live battle moderator. There's no need to be a full time moderator when you're going to be mainly focusing on 1 subject. It'll benefit your section of the site while not aggravating other members who could do the full moderation.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Lmao @ "As NOBLE gets V4 together".

NOBLE has absolutely NOTHING....NOTHING....to do with V4. Quit acting like you're in the loop Fiji. You're gonna be a mod 100% but it's from complete dick sucking.

lllllllllllll
08-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Fiji be like... I can't wait for Loaded Lux vs Smack

Fiji Osa
08-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Currently I have no powers .. can't access the staff page nor see any updates are issues concerning. Can't look and learn from past Mods nor ask for guidance .. if given those few requirements and not be green then so be it .. it's not the color I am mostly concerned with its the level of access

plus there is my main issue as to what leagues and what battles are auto populating within my live battle forum .. its time I clean that up as well but can't nor don't know how to access that que

J u s T C
08-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Somebody please make Fiji a mod already and have done with it. Atleast then when he talks the way he's been doing lately I won't feel like he's doing nothing but fishing for a mod spot.

Edit:

I will happily re take an active role, but only after some significant changes have been made.

A fully functioning site.
A solid active userbase.

Right now I have no interest in modding while the site is the way it is.

Sure I could have participated in promoting the site but thats not what I was modded for or what I do.

You need someone who knows that side of things to handle that. And right now we don't have that.

The New LB show in NY is a good start so fingers crossed it has the desired effect

Row
08-26-2014, 09:00 PM

how come dissizit aint a patriarch ?

http://forum.r2games.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94091&d=1404635635

Babylon
08-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Fiji will forever have nut-cheese in his braces for this shit.

Student
08-26-2014, 10:50 PM
I will act like members on here respect what I have to say and can really see my post for what is worth despite the last 2-3 weeks of childish fuckery
That's Always A Great Way To Start A Paragraph, Go On...
Valid points have been thrown from both sides of the fence .. and I can honestly see where everyone is coming from. Although, we can't always agree with what the "higher echelon" does on LB we need to remember that there is a method-to-the-maddness. It is ok to question and have your own opinion but the open defiance and outright disrespect towards the MODS and ADMINS needs to stop. Not say kiss ass but no need to be disrespectful either.
You're Not Even In This Discussion TBH. This Doesn't Concern You At All If Anything You're Showing Outright Disrespect To The People Involved In This.
All MODS/ADMINS past and presence at one time all contributed to LB (this is why despite low activity the site is still open and running). We are entering a new age and with that there needs to be new blood, ideas .. vision to continue to make LB better than the few competitors that are out there. BUT WE NEED TO START TAKING CARE OF HOME! if we don't LB will surly eventually die and we have nobody but ourselves to blame for that happening.
Not Sure Were You're Going With This But Go On...
With NOBLE behind the scenes getting LB v4 together Pugz Muggz Mic-Check Danger Rich and myself working to ensure the #lbshowcase is a success it is time that all the members start contributing to turn the site around in lieu of the LB much needed face lift.
NOBLE Is Not "Making" V4, He's Making A New Skin. Unfortunately, All The Files For FlyHipHop Were Lost So There Isn't Going To A "V4" We Were Hoping For, It's Going To Be The Same Site With A New Fresh Look And God-willing Complete Working Features.
It'll all happen and when it does we will be all the more for it because it was a collective effort. As the LB Live Battle Moderator I will start stepping up and doing my part in hopes of getting my color changed from Purp to Green .. this is no secret .. but aside from:

up dating LB battler profiles
promoting battles that are featured on YouTube
You Could Start Reviewing Live Battles, Putting A Poll Asking People Who They Think Actually Won Regardless Of How The Judges Voted And Discuss The Rounds Broken Down Into Which Bars Worked, Which Didn't, Which Flip Worked, Critiquing And Discussing Their Presence, Flow / Cadence, Use Of Complicated Metaphors, Ability To String Multiple Rhymes Together, etc.
The ultimate goal is to start assisting LB Members that are currently live battle active or seeking to get active the necessary tools as well as the opportunities to not only showcase their talent but also show that LB does have quality artist that can make a name for themselves. I feel that Mani Mula will be the test run and if we are successful with Mani then we can be successful with other members in the future

Lets all get on the same page LB .. all jokes aside .. we can and we must
Read The Bold Text.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Currently I have no powers .. can't access the staff page nor see any updates are issues concerning. Can't look and learn from past Mods nor ask for guidance .. if given those few requirements and not be green then so be it .. it's not the color I am mostly concerned with its the level of access

plus there is my main issue as to what leagues and what battles are auto populating within my live battle forum .. its time I clean that up as well but can't nor don't know how to access that que
You Don't Need Powers Though.
Just Tell NOBLE To Turn Off The Auto-Queue And Post Videos Yourself. Tell Him Which Leagues To Make Sub-Forums Under Live Battles And Add Them Yourself. You Don't Need Full Moderator Powers To Add Something.

Mindless
08-26-2014, 11:24 PM
He messaged me about the auto loading thing with the battles. I told him to ask a staff member and was a total dick about it.

Also, the patriarch user group is a joke. I created another one right before they stripped my powers but it looks like actual access to the discussions of policy and such isn't in the cards for any of us who know wtf we're talking about and just aren't staff anymore for w/e reason.

EDIT-
HOLYFUCKINGASSCRACKERS! Something I complained about actually got fixed! Good looking out whoever decided to actually use that usergroup I created.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Joke's on you guys though. I'm going to complain SOOOOO much more now.

Student
08-26-2014, 11:32 PM
He messaged me about the auto loading thing with the battles. I told him to ask a staff member and was a total dick about it.

Also, the patriarch user group is a joke. I created another one right before they stripped my powers but it looks like actual access to the discussions of policy and such isn't in the cards for any of us who know wtf we're talking about and just aren't staff anymore for w/e reason.
That's What I'm Saying, We Don't Have To Be Fully Active To Give Ideas, Discuss Changes, Know What's Actually Going On, etc. If There Was A Discussion About Changing A Rule Or Just Anything In General We Could Say "Tried That In 2008, It Didn't Work I Think This Would Be A Better Approach...".

Yet To Hear A Response From Pugz Or NOBLE Regarding This.

Godbody
08-27-2014, 06:51 AM
lol @ the FlyHipHop files being gone so there can no longer be a V4

you can blame whoever decided to make FlyHipHop for that. It was a hideous website and was definitely not the direction any of us wanted LB to go

I'm actually kinda glad LB is fallin apart now. this is karma comin back around to bite someone in the ass, and I'm just glad I'm not the 1 paying monthly to keep this shithole up

Student
08-27-2014, 04:26 PM
EDIT-
HOLYFUCKINGASSCRACKERS! Something I complained about actually got fixed! Good looking out whoever decided to actually use that usergroup I created.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Joke's on you guys though. I'm going to complain SOOOOO much more now.
Wait, What Are You Seeing, I've Got Nothing Here.
http://iambrony.dget.cc/mlp/gif/h75065__safe_derpy-hooves_animated_tv_artist-ogihb.gif

Mindless
08-27-2014, 04:33 PM
There's probably a reason for that.

I'm hoping that pony gif is one of them.

Student
08-27-2014, 04:41 PM
There's probably a reason for that.

I'm hoping that pony gif is one of them.
Lol Gifs > Snarky Remarks

Mindless
08-27-2014, 05:22 PM
getting stabbed in the penis with a white hot, but dull as shit, iron poker while being tag raped by six elephants on extenze > anything involving "My Little Pony"

Student
08-27-2014, 09:32 PM
getting stabbed in the penis with a white hot, but dull as shit, iron poker while being tag raped by six elephants on extenze > anything involving "My Little Pony"
Randomly Posting A Gif Of Someone Hitting A Television > Hating "My Little Pony And Having Sexual Thoughts About Being Raped By Elephants.

Babylon
08-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Stu's a brony?

Fuck me.

Student
08-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Stu's a brony?

Fuck me.

I'm Not A Brony And No Thanks. I Was Just Posting A Random Gif, I Don't Care If You "Think" I'm A Brony I'm Just Saying I'm Not One.

Óðinn
08-27-2014, 10:16 PM

how come dissizit aint a patriarch ?

http://forum.r2games.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94091&d=1404635635

lmfaooo Dead/ :high:

Denton
08-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Lol at Rohaan still asking why Im an admin. I put my hand in my pockets and help LB out financially. My own fucking hard earned money. While you sit around and bitch and moan. As for everything mindless has said in this thread, I agree 100 fucking Percent.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-28-2014, 01:03 AM
How much are they selling admin spots for?

Denton
08-28-2014, 02:15 AM
Idk. I never asked for admin.

Phil Banks
08-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Wasn't really mentioned but I was staff for years a pm woulda been cool not like I had been off for more then a week or so.... haven't missed an audio tourney in years... but honestly I can't be asked to vote on text battles or w/e I was asked to do before I got married an left.... I dunno dudes who run the site really don't appreciate anyone here not staff or the members..... the state of lb is more then enough proof then that.... I dunno if its the demodding or all the members I'm cool with leaving but I doubt ill be super active again... other sites being made without have the innovation stealing all lb members while pugz tellin noble de-moddin people will fix it lol.... dude no one gonna fix the mess y'all made of this site.

Babylon
08-28-2014, 04:13 PM
The fact no one even got a message about the shit was low as fuck imo.

Phil Banks
08-28-2014, 04:16 PM
The fact they still wont invest in some cross site advertising but'll make lb tee's is lower but in a funny way

lllllllllllll
08-28-2014, 04:18 PM
The site might be dead

ATLEAST I GOT A T-SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!

Babylon
08-28-2014, 04:20 PM
BUT NAH B WE MAKN MOVES OUCHEA GOT ME EVERYTANGZ COMIN S00N

Rant
08-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Crysis

...Shalt...

Babylon
08-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Crysis

...Shalt...

*facedesk*

Phil Banks
08-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Lol Rant every once in awhile u can be on point...

Rant
08-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Lol Rant every once in awhile u can be on point...

https://solitaireparadox.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/kqlkov.jpg

lllllllllllll
08-28-2014, 05:22 PM
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/02/Facepalm-Animated-GIF.gif

Mindless
08-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Wasn't really mentioned but I was staff for years a pm woulda been cool not like I had been off for more then a week or so.... haven't missed an audio tourney in years... but honestly I can't be asked to vote on text battles or w/e I was asked to do before I got married an left.... I dunno dudes who run the site really don't appreciate anyone here not staff or the members..... the state of lb is more then enough proof then that.... I dunno if its the demodding or all the members I'm cool with leaving but I doubt ill be super active again... other sites being made without have the innovation stealing all lb members while pugz tellin noble de-moddin people will fix it lol.... dude no one gonna fix the mess y'all made of this site.

What other sites? Honestly, LB's system is still, in theory, the best one. I'm sure as fuck not battling in threads with stupid fucking check-in systems and other retardedness.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-28-2014, 10:18 PM
^To be fair youre sure as fuck not battling on LB either haha.

Godbody
08-28-2014, 10:39 PM
trust me, theres other sites Mindless . One of em has 15-20 LB members easy and on one site I'm on the undercard for a title match Final Word is doing. lmao

Mindless
08-28-2014, 11:19 PM
^To be fair youre sure as fuck not battling on LB either haha.

You know what I mean though. That shit is fucking lame. You can't even start battles w/o some dickhole moderators approval and it has to be scheduled and verses have to be done at a certain time and all that shit.

EDIT- But WHERE GB. Like, aside from the owners of this place letting bullshit stay broken that shouldn't who has a battling system anywhere near as good as LB's? Or as good as LB's is supposed to be when it isn't fucking broken anyhow.

J u s T C
08-29-2014, 04:19 AM
Surely PMing him for an answer would be best since he seems to be purposely not mentioning names.

ILLoKWENT
08-29-2014, 04:51 AM
You know what I mean though. That shit is fucking lame. You can't even start battles w/o some dickhole moderators approval and it has to be scheduled and verses have to be done at a certain time and all that shit.

EDIT- But WHERE GB. Like, aside from the owners of this place letting bullshit stay broken that shouldn't who has a battling system anywhere near as good as LB's? Or as good as LB's is supposed to be when it isn't fucking broken anyhow.

Gb is referin to bbe..

J u s T C
08-29-2014, 05:18 AM
I don't get it. GB talks like that place is making things happen in Audio when All I see is FW being their audio champion and nothing but failed attempts at making audio battles happen which never come to fruition because neither party shows up.

How is that better than here?

Rohanns like "LBS DEAD FUCK THE MODS AND FUCKS THIS PLACE"

Goes over there and no shows a couple of audio battles. lol

And by a couple. I mean the only 2 audio battles they've set up over there. lol

People are weird.

REALLY weird.

Did Final get handed that championship with his mod spot or something? lol

remarK
08-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Too much to read through here, but I get the gist...

I'd be willing to help out or be included in staff discussions and whatnot as I am a former moderator as well.

You obviously don't need another mod right now with the activity of the site, but I'd be down to give input on future discussions if you need.

Godbody
08-29-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't get it. GB talks like that place is making things happen in Audio when All I see is FW being their audio champion and nothing but failed attempts at making audio battles happen which never come to fruition because neither party shows up.

How is that better than here?

Rohanns like "LBS DEAD FUCK THE MODS AND FUCKS THIS PLACE"

Goes over there and no shows a couple of audio battles. lol

And by a couple. I mean the only 2 audio battles they've set up over there. lol

People are weird.

REALLY weird.

Did Final get handed that championship with his mod spot or something? lol

I'm not as invested in BBE as I am/ever been in LB. the thing is, when a site is stagnant for years, and it doesn't do shit, you tend to venture. When something new pops up, and you see shit changing/being added before your eyes, you see the enthusiasm behind it.. maybe you'll just stick around n see where shit goes.

I can't speak for everyone over there from LB but I'm sure they feel a similar way

which brings me to Mindless

it doesn't matter how many features your site has n how its structured, the admins are at the helm. its up to them to constantly update shit and do what the community asks/implement what the community wants. everything they do whether we view it as positive or negative trickles down and effects the morale of the site. when the admins have that 'i dont give a shit attitude' and people start leaving, you can't seriously tell em to stick around just because it has the best structured rap battle site

Mindless
08-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Site owners might not give as much of a shit as they should but I'd rather have them be absent than shitting up the place like it is over there. I just went and looked at that place and it's fucking ridiculous. Just absolutely fucktarded with the the color coding expos and breaking the verse into fucking "wordplay part" and shit. I just. I can't. It's awful.

Babylon
08-29-2014, 03:06 PM
I've since went to multiple rap sites because this one is an utter shit hole management wise.

But who fucking knows, maybe Pugz will pull through on the 20th and bring some new content to this shit. Hell just the new look would have shown that something is happening behind the scenes, but apparently they're to fix the crew battles section and what-not too.

But until that happens I'll go ahead and stick with my commandments.

Mindless
08-29-2014, 03:12 PM
I've since went to multiple rap sites because this one is an utter shit hole management wise.

But who fucking knows, maybe Pugz will pull through on the 20th and bring some new content to this shit. Hell just the new look would have shown that something is happening behind the scenes, but apparently they're to fix the crew battles section and what-not too.

But until that happens I'll go ahead and stick with my commandments.

Given the choice between this place and that one I'll choose this one every time. At least there isn't stupid color schemes in the verses to give me nausea here.

RULE
08-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Is posting spiderman stuff on pulse threads a thing now? i want in.

Babylon
08-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Check the sig