View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2020, 02:16 PM
Saii
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Banks View Post
So it looks like this is about to a full blown pandemic. We haven't had a Pandemic since the Spanish Flu. That killed about 2% of the world right after the first WW. Sars,MERS, Ebola and Zika were only epidemics the difference is a Pandemic is no longer containable on a global level.

I live in the Middle East pretty scared honestly. I've been stocking up on food and water the last few days and have decided to impose a little quarantine on my household. Monday my country had 1 case up to 7 now. January 29 South Korea had their first case they are over 3000 now. So 3000 cases in 30 days is probably the rate it will spread if not faster considering how advanced South Korea's medical system is compared to the rest of the world.

Be careful friends. Things are about to get really crazy.
Thought about this yesterday. I live in Dallas, TX and we've had 6 cases but each of the 6 people are currently quarantined. I believe they're issuing a mandatory check whenever anyone flies in from the infected areas of the world. That's how they detected the 6 that were infected and quarantined them.

I'm sorry you're going through it bro. I hope everything works itself out. Because you're right it is scary af.
Unread 02-29-2020, 02:16 PM   #3

Saii

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Banks View Post
So it looks like this is about to a full blown pandemic. We haven't had a Pandemic since the Spanish Flu. That killed about 2% of the world right after the first WW. Sars,MERS, Ebola and Zika were only epidemics the difference is a Pandemic is no longer containable on a global level.

I live in the Middle East pretty scared honestly. I've been stocking up on food and water the last few days and have decided to impose a little quarantine on my household. Monday my country had 1 case up to 7 now. January 29 South Korea had their first case they are over 3000 now. So 3000 cases in 30 days is probably the rate it will spread if not faster considering how advanced South Korea's medical system is compared to the rest of the world.

Be careful friends. Things are about to get really crazy.
Thought about this yesterday. I live in Dallas, TX and we've had 6 cases but each of the 6 people are currently quarantined. I believe they're issuing a mandatory check whenever anyone flies in from the infected areas of the world. That's how they detected the 6 that were infected and quarantined them.

I'm sorry you're going through it bro. I hope everything works itself out. Because you're right it is scary af.