View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
Regardless of the fact that I'd easily beat the Coree Warpath, Olde English, WarTank, DReppin etc. guys of the world, and probably beat the UAs, RT's etc. now, I don't think anyone uses me as the measuring stick.

I think if they did, they'd have a stronger view of the older generation. No one is reading my verses thinking "EtH's spitting that old head shit". I think anyone would consider me to be competitive now, and as a result they don't consider me to be using "old material".

I think looking back and picking out bad bars, like guys like Esso or Rieper might do, is bullshit because it's a complete lack of knowledge on evolution. Royce Gracie would get fucking smashed by MMA fighters now, but it's because of the questions he raised that people got to where they are now. The reason guys like UA, Illy or Real Talk might seem a bit basic, or might have their multis not 100%, is because standards continuously evolve. As none of them battled from 2012 onwards really, they didn't get the opportunity to evolve alongside it.

Someone like Lock looked at the shit RULE, Grizz, Dissizit, Pulse, Rican etc. were spitting, which was the top generation when he joined, and wanted to evolve beyond that. As a result, he's much better than all of those. RULE did the same when he tried to evolve beyond the shit Askari, UA, Illy etc. were writing.

It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit.

It doesn't help when lower mid carders like Rain come back, spit wack stuff and then claim everyone is hating and/or don't understand when they lose convincingly.
It’s not a lack of knowledge on evolution. Like I said, I’m not gonna call out a whole lot of older guys just on a basis of being simple. I didn’t battle here with Illy, Lefty and Conceited etc but I was in groups with them before they got here...I kinda span both eras so I understand where things came from and where they’re going.

If I pick on anything, it’s always the corny oronyms and wordplays that’s weren’t necessary to win and didn’t make sense to me even back then. I liken it to looking back at shit like backwards clothes and parachute pants. There’s other shit from that era (snap backs, starter jackets, polo) that is classic and still gets rocked today. Folks look back on them other two like ‘it was cool then but wtf were we thinking?’. I’ll still look at a Left Field battle and laugh at all the ways he found to call someone a faggot. Those wordplays though were just as bad then as they are now...folks just ain’t blinded by the moment anymore. Some shit is SnapBacks, some shit is parachute pants.
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 04-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #37

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
Regardless of the fact that I'd easily beat the Coree Warpath, Olde English, WarTank, DReppin etc. guys of the world, and probably beat the UAs, RT's etc. now, I don't think anyone uses me as the measuring stick.

I think if they did, they'd have a stronger view of the older generation. No one is reading my verses thinking "EtH's spitting that old head shit". I think anyone would consider me to be competitive now, and as a result they don't consider me to be using "old material".

I think looking back and picking out bad bars, like guys like Esso or Rieper might do, is bullshit because it's a complete lack of knowledge on evolution. Royce Gracie would get fucking smashed by MMA fighters now, but it's because of the questions he raised that people got to where they are now. The reason guys like UA, Illy or Real Talk might seem a bit basic, or might have their multis not 100%, is because standards continuously evolve. As none of them battled from 2012 onwards really, they didn't get the opportunity to evolve alongside it.

Someone like Lock looked at the shit RULE, Grizz, Dissizit, Pulse, Rican etc. were spitting, which was the top generation when he joined, and wanted to evolve beyond that. As a result, he's much better than all of those. RULE did the same when he tried to evolve beyond the shit Askari, UA, Illy etc. were writing.

It's a constant evolution of everything getting better and better. Standards on LB have dipped now as there are less people that have really went through this evolution. If Esso and Riep dip now, someone who's a bit shit like Rant will win a GC and become the new measuring stick for new members, so in our current state the quality is actually falling off a little bit.

It doesn't help when lower mid carders like Rain come back, spit wack stuff and then claim everyone is hating and/or don't understand when they lose convincingly.
It’s not a lack of knowledge on evolution. Like I said, I’m not gonna call out a whole lot of older guys just on a basis of being simple. I didn’t battle here with Illy, Lefty and Conceited etc but I was in groups with them before they got here...I kinda span both eras so I understand where things came from and where they’re going.

If I pick on anything, it’s always the corny oronyms and wordplays that’s weren’t necessary to win and didn’t make sense to me even back then. I liken it to looking back at shit like backwards clothes and parachute pants. There’s other shit from that era (snap backs, starter jackets, polo) that is classic and still gets rocked today. Folks look back on them other two like ‘it was cool then but wtf were we thinking?’. I’ll still look at a Left Field battle and laugh at all the ways he found to call someone a faggot. Those wordplays though were just as bad then as they are now...folks just ain’t blinded by the moment anymore. Some shit is SnapBacks, some shit is parachute pants.
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral