View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:53 PM
GodTheReptilian
OtherWordly
Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
21 Won / 6 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.86/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 39 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterThought View Post
I believe the original definition of "freestyle" is just going spontaneously off the top of the dome.
Premeditation is apart of battle rapping, KRS 1 said this...if you are not going to use it...why write it down...for a track later? Please, when you battle rap for a living...trust me, you will have punches for days, multi-rhyme schemes for days. True freestyles are only prevalent in cyphers, or just sitting around having fun with your homeboys...which also prompts creativity in helping you develop more creative concepts and ideas. Pure freestyle battle rap? I freestyle with my boys all day, and i never use my "for-real" material, because we are learning from each other and just having fun...but in a serious battle rap, trust me...I have bars for days, and i improv...mix and match schemes ect.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP0CALYPSE View Post
It almost sounds like you're saying recycling is unavoidable once you've been rapping for so long.
No, thats not what im saying...but if youve been writing constantly, there is no need to recycle...you learn from every battle. You opponent just may say some creative shit...this shows you your weaknesses...where you are venerable in some aspect. The next battle, im sure you will be prepared for it...just as rabbit was in 8 mile...lol (really didnt mean to use that, i couldnt resist). I know a dude that does nothing but sit around and create punches all day and practices his wordplay off of normal everyday shit...is he doing it for them not to be used later? Hell no, he battle raps for the love of it and also to feed his kids...lol. Its not cheating, its called being prepared...especially when you have a couple of thousand on the table...who wants to "blah blah blah coming through, blah blah blah you know what im sayin, blah blah blah nigga!" I mean really, lets be real.

Last edited by GodTheReptilian; 05-10-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #5

GodTheReptilian
OtherWordly
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.35/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
21 Won / 6 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.35/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.86/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.86/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
119 Won / 39 Lost

Voted: 88 audio / 405 text
Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterThought View Post
I believe the original definition of "freestyle" is just going spontaneously off the top of the dome.
Premeditation is apart of battle rapping, KRS 1 said this...if you are not going to use it...why write it down...for a track later? Please, when you battle rap for a living...trust me, you will have punches for days, multi-rhyme schemes for days. True freestyles are only prevalent in cyphers, or just sitting around having fun with your homeboys...which also prompts creativity in helping you develop more creative concepts and ideas. Pure freestyle battle rap? I freestyle with my boys all day, and i never use my "for-real" material, because we are learning from each other and just having fun...but in a serious battle rap, trust me...I have bars for days, and i improv...mix and match schemes ect.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP0CALYPSE View Post
It almost sounds like you're saying recycling is unavoidable once you've been rapping for so long.
No, thats not what im saying...but if youve been writing constantly, there is no need to recycle...you learn from every battle. You opponent just may say some creative shit...this shows you your weaknesses...where you are venerable in some aspect. The next battle, im sure you will be prepared for it...just as rabbit was in 8 mile...lol (really didnt mean to use that, i couldnt resist). I know a dude that does nothing but sit around and create punches all day and practices his wordplay off of normal everyday shit...is he doing it for them not to be used later? Hell no, he battle raps for the love of it and also to feed his kids...lol. Its not cheating, its called being prepared...especially when you have a couple of thousand on the table...who wants to "blah blah blah coming through, blah blah blah you know what im sayin, blah blah blah nigga!" I mean really, lets be real.

Last edited by GodTheReptilian; 05-10-2012 at 06:57 PM.