View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2017, 10:20 AM

Its tough to judge. A lot of the bars in the Gcs going back into single digits wouldn't hold up now. There are noobs now who drop better son and defeat bars than they did back then. That being said, you don't get today's bars without the rudimentary stuff that came before...it's building blocks. Daddio came back last year with bars better than he had in his prime and beat Row, Rant, and Subreal in close matches then lost to ILLo....all considered to be good by today's standards. I'm sure other old heads could do that too with work but it tells me that today's best can compete with and beat yesterday's best...so discounting recent achievements because of comp or lack thereof is just as unfair as saying the old gcs aren't as good. Except splendid...that dude was just trash even when he came back last year
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral
Unread 10-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #44

Esso Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!Esso is on FIRE! 30+ wins in a row!

Its tough to judge. A lot of the bars in the Gcs going back into single digits wouldn't hold up now. There are noobs now who drop better son and defeat bars than they did back then. That being said, you don't get today's bars without the rudimentary stuff that came before...it's building blocks. Daddio came back last year with bars better than he had in his prime and beat Row, Rant, and Subreal in close matches then lost to ILLo....all considered to be good by today's standards. I'm sure other old heads could do that too with work but it tells me that today's best can compete with and beat yesterday's best...so discounting recent achievements because of comp or lack thereof is just as unfair as saying the old gcs aren't as good. Except splendid...that dude was just trash even when he came back last year
https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_deta...on=tb&id=67728

Remembering RULE
Please join us in loving celebration of the memory of an accomplished and amazing life at:
The Puncher's Funeral