View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2020, 10:36 AM
Óðinn
Mentioned: 2438 Post(s)
Tagged: 107 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uttirmost View Post
What are the main things y’all look for in a battle and in what order and why? I know punches should be #1 but it seems like y’all go for personals/disses before punches. Here’s what I think:

1) punches/metaphors/wordplay/concepts
2) personals/disses
3) multis/vocabulary

I know vocabulary is major but you can get away with elementary vocabulary if u make up for it by setting up your punches well and executing. And I feel like personals are not as important as punches but if delivered right, they can be. That’s just my thoughts

Honestly, i look for it all. Not in an order or as if i'm going through some sort check list...
Quote:
I know vocabulary is major but you can get away with elementary vocabulary if u make up for it by setting up your punches well and executing.
...How? If the wording is sub par then the bar/punchline isn't executed properly. Kind of a contradiction here, fam.

I actually dock points (if you will) for poor wording, not being able to write properly. Using wordplay that doesn't work grammatically. I also dock points if the expo is longer than the battle itself lol. It is the battlers job to make everything understandable in their set of bars.

I give points though to those who are starting out and or are low tier battlers that show signs of creativity, someone who is attempting to push beyond the boundaries of their own limits.

Personals can be very effective but:
1) Has to be a fresh personal, not a rehashed one.
2) Everyone has to know of it, not some obscure reference that needs an expo.

Unread 08-30-2020, 10:36 AM   #4

Óðinn
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 469 audio / 3096 text
Mentioned: 2438 Post(s)
Tagged: 107 Thread(s)

Quote:
What are the main things y’all look for in a battle and in what order and why? I know punches should be #1 but it seems like y’all go for personals/disses before punches. Here’s what I think:

1) punches/metaphors/wordplay/concepts
2) personals/disses
3) multis/vocabulary

I know vocabulary is major but you can get away with elementary vocabulary if u make up for it by setting up your punches well and executing. And I feel like personals are not as important as punches but if delivered right, they can be. That’s just my thoughts

Honestly, i look for it all. Not in an order or as if i'm going through some sort check list...
Quote:
I know vocabulary is major but you can get away with elementary vocabulary if u make up for it by setting up your punches well and executing.
...How? If the wording is sub par then the bar/punchline isn't executed properly. Kind of a contradiction here, fam.

I actually dock points (if you will) for poor wording, not being able to write properly. Using wordplay that doesn't work grammatically. I also dock points if the expo is longer than the battle itself lol. It is the battlers job to make everything understandable in their set of bars.

I give points though to those who are starting out and or are low tier battlers that show signs of creativity, someone who is attempting to push beyond the boundaries of their own limits.

Personals can be very effective but:
1) Has to be a fresh personal, not a rehashed one.
2) Everyone has to know of it, not some obscure reference that needs an expo.