View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Ill Phenom
Mentioned: 505 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
54 Won / 9 Lost

Rhyming Scheme/Flow - Tie - TBH both slipped with the flow in certain spots so I have to give it a tie.
Vocabulary - Skillz - Book came a bit basic here with the word usage that he normally does and skillz stepped it up in this category.
Topic/Meaning - Tie - Both of the meanings conveyed here were pretty dope, def. liked the concepts that were brought to the table. Skillz with the more heart-touched emotions, as Book had the views from being secluded inside a prison.
Storytelling/Progression - Intricate - Slighty edged this. I felt that he was better in transition. Black Book seemed a bit repetitive for me (he's had his eyes, ill be his eyes, im his eyes, as his eyes) if you catch my drift the stages of the story all seemed to have that same transition there, felt it took away from the progression a bit.
Emotion - Tie - It's close. I can see the emotion from both angles on this one.
Imagery - Book - Book def. painted the better picture here. Although skillz wording seemed a bit better to me, book had the actual image that pulls you into the seen with him.
Poetic Techniques - Skillz - Skillz verse def. had more of a poetic feel to it with the way he wrote it.
Ending - Skillz - I felt that books kind of ended on the spot for me. I felt that it was just chopped in half, that last line didn't put a close to for me. It was still a close one on the ending, but because of that, I think skillz edged this cat.

Skillz GMV. Great battle from both. Liked both of the concepts brought here. I felt skillz executed his better, as Book brought the better idea to the table, but his verse seemed a bit rushed to me. Also book watch your lines, I'll count the title and the word in. as a line, but if not you went under the limit. Overall... Propz to both and stay up!
Unread 10-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #9

Ill Phenom
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.9/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
54 Won / 9 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 425 text
Mentioned: 505 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)

Rhyming Scheme/Flow - Tie - TBH both slipped with the flow in certain spots so I have to give it a tie.
Vocabulary - Skillz - Book came a bit basic here with the word usage that he normally does and skillz stepped it up in this category.
Topic/Meaning - Tie - Both of the meanings conveyed here were pretty dope, def. liked the concepts that were brought to the table. Skillz with the more heart-touched emotions, as Book had the views from being secluded inside a prison.
Storytelling/Progression - Intricate - Slighty edged this. I felt that he was better in transition. Black Book seemed a bit repetitive for me (he's had his eyes, ill be his eyes, im his eyes, as his eyes) if you catch my drift the stages of the story all seemed to have that same transition there, felt it took away from the progression a bit.
Emotion - Tie - It's close. I can see the emotion from both angles on this one.
Imagery - Book - Book def. painted the better picture here. Although skillz wording seemed a bit better to me, book had the actual image that pulls you into the seen with him.
Poetic Techniques - Skillz - Skillz verse def. had more of a poetic feel to it with the way he wrote it.
Ending - Skillz - I felt that books kind of ended on the spot for me. I felt that it was just chopped in half, that last line didn't put a close to for me. It was still a close one on the ending, but because of that, I think skillz edged this cat.

Skillz GMV. Great battle from both. Liked both of the concepts brought here. I felt skillz executed his better, as Book brought the better idea to the table, but his verse seemed a bit rushed to me. Also book watch your lines, I'll count the title and the word in. as a line, but if not you went under the limit. Overall... Propz to both and stay up!