View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2023, 08:06 PM
RhymeSmoke RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
3 1584
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
351 Won / 55 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purps View Post
I've always thought the voting should be anonymous or at least hidden. If its a clear hate vote the mods will be able to catch it.

It's hard to give proper and honest feedback in votes, because some people will take a vote against them as the ultimate insult, and immediately just vote right back against you, instead of doing some introspection and improving. Which should be everyone's goal here regardless of skill level.
I felt that too, until ive seen and looked back at prior tournaments and seen kats losin that didn't lose...way too much politics to be hidden. Same as the comments in the battles. We have to type something so alot will just try to not piss off anyone because they're scared of getting hate voted on, especially on close battles that could really go either way. But even with blowout bodies, people are saying "close battle", Knowin sometimes you just know...its a massacre. And whats funny i notice if a new user, people have no problem teloin someone they were trash. Honestly its seems over the years y'all are the ones that made it like this. If everyone just kept it real and gave honest comments with votes...it wouldn't be a problem, because people would get better...But thats why some type closed leagues have should of been done years ago... but yeah hidden would manufacturer more shitty hate voters than anything. Only way it would work is if everyone was gidden, no usernames at all in battles...and that would never work.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
If you started over this website from scratch, what would it look like?
What features would you keep? Which would you get rid of?
Would it have a forum like it currently does? Would it be on a social media platform like Facebook or Twitter? Or would it just be an app?
Discuss
So ive always thought this since 06...was explainin it to @B a r z o o k a about the time limit for audios... especially written battles...the time isn't long enough. Basically theres either gonna be too many bars or not enough. Audios are spit in 2-4 bar sets... mostly 4, sometimes 8..or more depending on the scheme. But with setups its usually 4 bars... Could be too shorter bars, could be 2 shorter bars, then one long bar that's actually two bars but it still comes out to four bars. You could also just have one bar punches like I'll be doing and there's no real setups, but however you spit the amount of time.. it's always going to come up short or you stop at 50 seconds and ya verse is short. I always cut off bars and it never ends the right way or there's always filler in the middle but it ends good....theres always some sacrifice bars ... because if ya end short, users will sometimes vote against someone just for being short..ive seen it a bunch. Plus everyone spits different some spit longer and slower, so they lose content..

So with that...battles are based on bars .. MUSICAL BARS. You can have a tut video on what an actual bar is too so there no discrepancy. But 8 bar 16, 24, 32, etc ..Thats how bars land in 4s...

So if you do 32 bar battle ..it dont matter avout time...yiu give them the time it needs basically. So if me and you was to do a 32 bar audio battle...and mine takes 1:30 and im good with it, but yours take 1:45... it's good to go for the battle. Tbh...to make it easier, and ive told a few mods and odin this multiple times, but i dont know if no it can be changed because ive never got an answer.

It can be averaged out with more time. Ive always felt 75 seconds is perfect for a 32 bar audio battle for anyone. I only need 65 usually in a beat.. but accapella is different. The 2:00 battles are the same but since its more time its not that bad.. but i still see it where endings are not good because they need two more bars which is average 10 seconds...

All in all having complete even bar battles make for way better battles...people dont have to spit fast to get in the content and it will come out better .. shouldn't have to sacrifice setups...
It could even be incorporated with the text box i was talkin about in my earlier reply thats connected to a users audio battle..to check the bar count..

⬜⬜⬜⬜VOTING In a whole should done by categories then it makes the vote by your choices.

Just an example they fill in the bubble and once your done it makes the choice. Always thought if you vote 100% honest using those...it would always be an official outcome. (Thats if kats keepin it real)

You fill in the bubble for each category..
Flow © RhymeSmoke © Noble
Wordplay
Multis
Punches
Energy
Delivery
Personals

Spoiler for 💀🔥DISS TRACKS🔥💀:

"#Facts"Fatzooka & Odin Diss🖕

"It Takes A Village"-Village Idiot Diss🖕

Spoiler for The Real OG:

Spoiler for The Barzooka aka 2Coochie:

Last edited by RhymeSmoke; 02-24-2023 at 08:14 PM.
Unread 02-24-2023, 08:06 PM   #19

RhymeSmoke RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
3 1584
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
351 Won / 55 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.3/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 1003 audio / 121 text
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purps View Post
I've always thought the voting should be anonymous or at least hidden. If its a clear hate vote the mods will be able to catch it.

It's hard to give proper and honest feedback in votes, because some people will take a vote against them as the ultimate insult, and immediately just vote right back against you, instead of doing some introspection and improving. Which should be everyone's goal here regardless of skill level.
I felt that too, until ive seen and looked back at prior tournaments and seen kats losin that didn't lose...way too much politics to be hidden. Same as the comments in the battles. We have to type something so alot will just try to not piss off anyone because they're scared of getting hate voted on, especially on close battles that could really go either way. But even with blowout bodies, people are saying "close battle", Knowin sometimes you just know...its a massacre. And whats funny i notice if a new user, people have no problem teloin someone they were trash. Honestly its seems over the years y'all are the ones that made it like this. If everyone just kept it real and gave honest comments with votes...it wouldn't be a problem, because people would get better...But thats why some type closed leagues have should of been done years ago... but yeah hidden would manufacturer more shitty hate voters than anything. Only way it would work is if everyone was gidden, no usernames at all in battles...and that would never work.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
If you started over this website from scratch, what would it look like?
What features would you keep? Which would you get rid of?
Would it have a forum like it currently does? Would it be on a social media platform like Facebook or Twitter? Or would it just be an app?
Discuss
So ive always thought this since 06...was explainin it to @B a r z o o k a about the time limit for audios... especially written battles...the time isn't long enough. Basically theres either gonna be too many bars or not enough. Audios are spit in 2-4 bar sets... mostly 4, sometimes 8..or more depending on the scheme. But with setups its usually 4 bars... Could be too shorter bars, could be 2 shorter bars, then one long bar that's actually two bars but it still comes out to four bars. You could also just have one bar punches like I'll be doing and there's no real setups, but however you spit the amount of time.. it's always going to come up short or you stop at 50 seconds and ya verse is short. I always cut off bars and it never ends the right way or there's always filler in the middle but it ends good....theres always some sacrifice bars ... because if ya end short, users will sometimes vote against someone just for being short..ive seen it a bunch. Plus everyone spits different some spit longer and slower, so they lose content..

So with that...battles are based on bars .. MUSICAL BARS. You can have a tut video on what an actual bar is too so there no discrepancy. But 8 bar 16, 24, 32, etc ..Thats how bars land in 4s...

So if you do 32 bar battle ..it dont matter avout time...yiu give them the time it needs basically. So if me and you was to do a 32 bar audio battle...and mine takes 1:30 and im good with it, but yours take 1:45... it's good to go for the battle. Tbh...to make it easier, and ive told a few mods and odin this multiple times, but i dont know if no it can be changed because ive never got an answer.

It can be averaged out with more time. Ive always felt 75 seconds is perfect for a 32 bar audio battle for anyone. I only need 65 usually in a beat.. but accapella is different. The 2:00 battles are the same but since its more time its not that bad.. but i still see it where endings are not good because they need two more bars which is average 10 seconds...

All in all having complete even bar battles make for way better battles...people dont have to spit fast to get in the content and it will come out better .. shouldn't have to sacrifice setups...
It could even be incorporated with the text box i was talkin about in my earlier reply thats connected to a users audio battle..to check the bar count..

⬜⬜⬜⬜VOTING In a whole should done by categories then it makes the vote by your choices.

Just an example they fill in the bubble and once your done it makes the choice. Always thought if you vote 100% honest using those...it would always be an official outcome. (Thats if kats keepin it real)

You fill in the bubble for each category..
Flow © RhymeSmoke © Noble
Wordplay
Multis
Punches
Energy
Delivery
Personals

Spoiler for 💀🔥DISS TRACKS🔥💀:

"#Facts"Fatzooka & Odin Diss🖕

"It Takes A Village"-Village Idiot Diss🖕

Spoiler for The Real OG:

Spoiler for The Barzooka aka 2Coochie:

Last edited by RhymeSmoke; 02-24-2023 at 08:14 PM.