PDA

View Full Version : Why LetsBeef died

Godbody
08-12-2014, 03:38 PM
1) Ownership is absent, negligent, and demotivated
2) The site has looked the same for almost 8 years (thats half of some of ya'll lifetimes and more than 1/3rd of mine)
3) Relatively little has changed from 2006 til now... The new audio player was a plus, as was the social media integration. Ya'll flip-flopped between hiding votes and displaying them for a while..but really, not much has been done

4) The admins think a LetsBeef mobile app is the way to go...Horrible idea and stupid investment. They claim most of their traffic comes from mobile, not realizing that most of the people browsing LB on their phones are already members of the site viewing it from work, school, etc. You should REALLY re-consider putting money into a mobile app & should instead revamp the site

& that's basically it. i could keep going on about the same shit I've said 100 times already but it'd be pointless...but that last point was the most valid imo & we need Pugz in here for his 2 cents

anybody else wanna put in theirs it'd be great...although it'd be deja vu

Saxx
08-12-2014, 03:45 PM
I haven't a problem with the site or its features none at all. Like the eay it looks and operates tbh.

My problem is the activity levels. The site is essentially run by the active snipers and okay battlers (people like me)
The clique "only do tourneys so I can have a cool title heads" (the man above lol)

and the new guys of which there are very few that stick around to elevate.

Audio is dead this month. Text is dead.

Text is all the middleweights fighting it out and audio is one dope guy running things and one British idiot having a laugh (me)

I see what your saying but activity levels need to rise and new people need to be brought in.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

AND people are taking it WAY too serious!

I've switched from text cos its just no fun. People need to battle and have a laugh and such. Fuck the records. Ya seen mine?! I lost to a complete noob recently purely cos i was being a dickhead!

Babylon
08-12-2014, 03:46 PM
1) Ownership is absent, negligent, and demotivated
2) The site has looked the same for almost 8 years (thats half of some of ya'll lifetimes and more than 1/3rd of mine)
3) Relatively little has changed from 2006 til now... The new audio player was a plus, as was the social media integration. Ya'll flip-flopped between hiding votes and displaying them for a while..but really, not much has been done

4) The admins think a LetsBeef mobile app is the way to go...Horrible idea and stupid investment. They claim most of their traffic comes from mobile, not realizing that most of the people browsing LB on their phones are already members of the site viewing it from work, school, etc. You should REALLY re-consider putting money into a mobile app & should instead revamp the site

& that's basically it. i could keep going on about the same shit I've said 100 times already but it'd be pointless...but that last point was the most valid imo & we need Pugz in here for his 2 cents

anybody else wanna put in theirs it'd be great...although it'd be deja vu

Even I'm getting bored as fuck with this shit.

Nothing ever happens.

The staff is fucking terrible, I don't give a fuck if one of you read this & get offended.

Fuck you.

Yes I'm mad.

exwhyzee
08-12-2014, 03:52 PM
lulz... these niggas need to #GetSchooled

Rant
08-12-2014, 03:58 PM
#LearnYourLesson. #DoctorateInHavingTheGanjaLit.

Saxx
08-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Even I'm getting bored as fuck with this shit.

Nothing ever happens.

The staff is fucking terrible, I don't give a fuck if one of you read this & get offended.

Fuck you.

Yes I'm mad.

You haven't battled in forever Crysis get ya self back in here and get active then tell me you are bored!

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

LB is dead when me rant and uhmazing leave the chat

NatsHubby
08-12-2014, 04:15 PM
He lost to me and went into retirement

BENSON THA GREAT
08-12-2014, 04:17 PM
its not the owners fault...its the fact the members on here are boring and unentertaining...the days of giant beefs are over.... oh well...if everyone had my beefing skills like the members did back in the day this place would be poppin...ITS ALL YOUR FAULT...NOT THE OWNERS...truth hurts :(

Danger Rich
08-12-2014, 04:28 PM
i agree with benson, people are here in the forum more than they are in the arena or track section....standards for tracks are at an all-time low also

Babylon
08-12-2014, 04:31 PM
You haven't battled in forever Crysis get ya self back in here and get active then tell me you are bored!

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

LB is dead when me rant and uhmazing leave the chat

That's my point, I'm bored of this shit. What's the point in battling on a website barely limping on it's last leg? It's not like I'm fighting for respect amongst a userbase of 30 or fewer people. I just browse the forums now, and the stagnation being emitted from the smaller userbase & the never changing scenery is even making that boring.

its not the owners fault...its the fact the members on here are boring and unentertaining...the days of giant beefs are over.... oh well...if everyone had my beefing skills like the members did back in the day this place would be poppin...ITS ALL YOUR FAULT...NOT THE OWNERS...truth hurts :(

Who the fuck would even beef? Everyone here are best friends.

It's wildly the staff's fault, half the reason no one stays on this site is because it looks like a dated piece of shit. I've advertised for this before avidly, almost half the people who reply tell me it's alright but they can't look past the skin.

Shit's been the same for years, Benson. No one is doing shit, when I first joined this website people were saying it, but I was new and didn't believe it. Part of me wishes Pugz would just shut the fucking thing down so I don't have to watch it dwindle into even more of a shell of what it was.

But nah. We'll have the white-knights of LB reply to this thread like "keep your head up" or "Things will change WE just need to be the ones to help change things!" and we will continue this bullshit cycle of decadence for years to come.

Point blank: We need new staff. ENTIRELY new staff.

Rant
08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
That's my point, I'm bored of this shit. What's the point in battling on a website barely limping on it's last leg? It's not like I'm fighting for respect amongst a userbase of 30 or fewer people. I just browse the forums now, and the stagnation being emitted from the smaller userbase & the never changing scenery is even making that boring.

Who the fuck would even beef? Everyone here are best friends.

It's wildly the staff's fault, half the reason no one stays on this site is because it looks like a dated piece of shit. I've advertised for this before avidly, almost half the people who reply tell me it's alright but they can't look past the skin.

Shit's been the same for years, Benson. No one is doing shit, when I first joined this website people were saying it, but I was new and didn't believe it. Part of me wishes Pugz would just shut the fucking thing down so I don't have to watch it dwindle into even more of a shell of what it was.

But nah. We'll have the white-knights of LB reply to this thread like "keep your head up" or "Things will change WE just need to be the ones to help change things!" and we will continue this bullshit cycle of decadence for years to come.

Point BLNK: We need new staff. ENTIRELY new staff.

Can I help you?

Edit:

Also, #Rant4Mod.

Saxx
08-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Well all I can say is a wise man once said.

STOP BITCHING AND START BEEFING

Fuck me a white 30 year old dude from a white town who had never rapped before is taking over the site more than you guys!

Seriously get out there and make a name for yourselves. You used to be a real name Crysis when I turned uo!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Can I help you?
Even eye functions thinks im dooe...

Fidel Z
08-12-2014, 04:40 PM
A App would be nice. Other than that i agree with Tha OP.

Babylon
08-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Well all I can say is a wise man once said.

STOP BITCHING AND START BEEFING

Fuck me a white 30 year old dude from a white town who had never rapped before is taking over the site more than you guys!

Seriously get out there and make a name for yourselves. You used to be a real name Crysis when I turned uo!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Even eye functions thinks im dooe...

Who the fuck decides if you're a "real name" or not?

15 online rap battlers who are called "Veterans" by the only 8 new people this site has seen in years?

No thanks.

EDIT: Lol'd Rant

DOUBLE EDIT: I also agree than an app would be nice.

Saxx
08-12-2014, 04:46 PM
That aint the attitude Crysis...but I do agree the site has gone to shit.

Godbody
08-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Its like the ownership just said fuck it when they hit a few bumps in the road.

& No an app wouldn't be nice. An app would've been great like 4-5 years ago, when LB was hella active. You don't wait 8 years to put out an app for a site that's dead. That's backwards thinking

You reinvent the site, you innovate. You give people a damn good reason to wanna spend hours on the site via computer/tablet w/e... If you can do that, and attract a shitload of people..THEN it makes sense to make an app because it'd actually be useful & you could actually generate revenue from the app with ads..or have a FREE app and a Paid version w/ no ads

It really doesn't make any sense to make an app 8 years into this site's design ...with the site being as inactive as its ever been. You destroy & rebuild, you don't try to build on something that has a weak foundation cracking under it, ready to collapse. You bulldoze an old, shitty, house that nobody wants to live in rather than adding an annex to it, hoping that extra living room is gonna change the fact that the house is shit.

That's my metaphor for making an app at this point in this time.

Saxx
08-12-2014, 04:50 PM
...Yup also why would I need an app?

I have a proper phone with internets and tings...

Rant
08-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Who the fuck decides if you're a "real name" or not?

15 online rap battlers who are called "Veterans" by the only 8 new people this site has seen in years?

No thanks.

EDIT: Lol'd Rant

DOUBLE EDIT: I also agree than an app would be nice.

Don't laugh at me, I'll slap your dog on its meteor burns.

Babylon
08-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Don't laugh at me, I'll slap your dog on its meteor burns.

Lmfao, I'm dying right now.

Saxx
08-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Or could it be the almost heavyweights are deciding to give up. Im sure the middleweights that are active are disagreeing that the site is dead right now...

Rant
08-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Or could it be the almost heavyweights are deciding to give up. Im sure the middleweights that are active are disagreeing that the site is dead right now...

Too bad you're still a lightweight.

Saxx
08-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Said rants balls to his penis...

Babylon
08-12-2014, 05:13 PM
womp womp

Saxx
08-12-2014, 05:17 PM
No sig? The shame thats so sig worthy

Lebron James
08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
LeBron is thinking about buying this site who does a Nigga got to talk to

Enfinite
08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
This site is beyond dead lol. I've been here since late 2010, got super active in 2012 and it wasn't so bad. Now its just depressing, I really only come online to talk to people

AfterThought
08-12-2014, 05:20 PM
The way I see it, Pugz is a lot more interactive than X, that's a plus, for instance you got that Letsbeef event in NY, don't think we woulda ever seen that from X.
Personally, I think we need a new coder, or just someone to fill in when Pseudo is too busy, you can't run a successful website if simple fixes literally take MONTHS to get taken care of.
As for staff, you can't fully blame them, most of them still do what they're supposed to do, I just wish they were more organized, have the admins really aim each staff member to focus on a certain area of the site etc etc, with consistent staff members, there's only a few staff members that are doing their job consistently, but again it's something they volunteer & do for free, so can't put all the blame on them.
Also, Crysis is funny
Proceed. :high:

lllllllllllll
08-12-2014, 05:36 PM
We definetely need a new coder.. Someone that actually fucks with LB.. This current nigga log on like once a month or some shit

Saxx
08-12-2014, 05:38 PM
AfterThought and Pugz and WHITZ made one of the best LB tracks ive heard this month...

Row
08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
^ how the hell is that relevant to this thread, your dick-sucking ass is hella annoying holy shit all your posts make my eye twitch

Saxx
08-12-2014, 05:45 PM
How the site be dead when people battling n making dope tracks was my point.

lllllllllllll
08-12-2014, 05:47 PM
na there was no point there... sorry

Lockhart
08-12-2014, 05:55 PM
@Godbody (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=871532) Pretty much hit the nail on the head with his thought on the app. People have got other shit to do besides get on an app for something that they've become completely inactive with on the computer, so how would the app make any difference? If they're bored with the site and how it's going, they're bored with the site. An app to take them back to a mobile version of the site they're bored with does absolutely nothing to help.

I do agree that some staff members need to either step their game up with what they do or completely bounce from being a mod entirely because there's a lot of them that don't do their job at all or don't do it worth a damn to begin with.

I'm also under the impression that some of the older heads only get on here so they can see if anything has changed or not. If nothing's changed, then they're probably under the impression that other things i.e. Competition, Activity, Things on the site that don't presently work haven't changed, either. (They got bored with the site just like we're doing because nothing looks the same, and they've been here longer, so they're faith in the site has been a lot stronger than ours I guess.)

I'm still on the fence about this live thing that Pugz is running. If they do it more like a tour throughout the country, then I could see it possibly working, but if not and this is only a one-time thing, then it'll flop just like everything else the site has tried to put forward (LBV4 anyone?)

Overall, we need to get new blood in the site and fast. If this means getting a new coder and fixing what's wrong with the site entirely, then by all means, do that. I would literally throw everything including the kitchen sink to save it if I was the owner. This site has HUGE potential to be successful. Adding a radio that people automatically mute because of the auto-play function is NOT the right step one to go in.

That's just my $0.02, though.

Babylon
08-12-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm still on the fence about this live thing that Pugz is running. If they do it more like a tour throughout the country, then I could see it possibly working, but if not and this is only a one-time thing, then it'll flop just like everything else the site has tried to put forward (LBV4 anyone?)

Truest shit I've ever read.

Saxx
08-12-2014, 06:06 PM
One problem. The other half of the site is British.

lllllllllllll
08-12-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm a wonderful mod :D

Lockhart
08-12-2014, 06:12 PM
One problem. The other half of the site is British.

We have people from South America, some parts of Africa, Asia (Rohaan?) and Australia/New Zealand/Oceania. Not to mention you have the rest of Europe. Ass :D

Saxx
08-12-2014, 06:16 PM
So basically mainly yanks n brits then lol

X-Calibur
08-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Da fuck yall banging on about an app

That ain't fucking happening so quit bullshitting about that's ...

All This site needs is a coder who is around more than pseudo period ....

The rest is fine a new look is coming soon but new look aside the problems in the coding will remain ....

Surely we can pull funds to employee a coder ...

Babylon
08-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Oh look it's that "coming soon" phrase again.

lllllllllllll
08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
lol......

Supsie
08-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Should discuss in more detail what could change for the better an how to do it, not just say it's dead, change the colour of letsbeef wallpaper? Ok to which colours? Get more members Ok how? Need more staff? OK who's down? Need new features Ok what? You guys decided what you don't like now move to the next step of the process, You can't complain about somthing and not work for it yourself to change it, it normally doesn't work that way.

Enfinite
08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Should discuss in more detail what could change for the better an how to do it, not just say it's dead, change the colour of letsbeef wallpaper? Ok to which colours? Get more members Ok how? Need more staff? OK who's down? Need new features Ok what? You guys decided what you don't like now move to the next step of the process, You can't complain about somthing and not work for it yourself to change it, it normally doesn't work that way.

As members we've expressed what we've wanted, we've voted on polls. The most we can actually do is help keep activity floating. It's up to the Admins to put the changes into full effect.

Lockhart
08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
You can't complain about somthing and not work for it yourself to change it, it normally doesn't work that way.

We also have to be put in to positions by the people in charge to make the changes.

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path." - Morpheus.

lllllllllllll
08-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Dead @ that Morpheus line

Enfinite word bruh

Supsie
08-12-2014, 07:00 PM
"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path." - Morpheus.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path an leave a trail" - Buddha

Lockhart
08-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Dead @ that Morpheus line

Glad to see we have SOME Matrix fans.

Tha Czar
08-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Enfinite Chuuurch..

Site is hella dead though. Ever since a little after illmania, shit has been going downhill. I don't think mods in particular should be at blame though. Everyone was a whole including myself are the blame. We have all these tourneys open right now and ain't nobody doing shit. That youtube cypher was supposed to be dope but only like 8 people submitted and it's been at least a couple weeks since the last submission. The topical is dead cuz the audio player stays glitching and no Ever feels like posting or actually have a life, days jobs and all of that. That fucking video battle grizz hosting has been dead for centuries now... Don't even know why it's still stuck up there..

Overall, I'm not saying ima rule the world or ima change the world. I don't know how to change it but if I keep talking about how dirty it is, somebody is bound to clean it up ~ Tupac

Tracks coming soon :cool::cool:

Lockhart
08-12-2014, 07:14 PM
That fucking video battle grizz hosting has been dead for centuries now... Don't even know why it's still stuck up there..

I knew that being de-modded was a bad idea :(

lllllllllllll
08-12-2014, 07:25 PM
V3numb sir, the video section has been brought up.. What can we expect in the near future from our video mod.

BENSON THA GREAT
08-12-2014, 07:28 PM
I KNOW U MFS DONT CARE WHAT I THINK..BUT..MAN TO MAN (WELL SOME OF U ARENT MEN YET o.O) IF I WAS Pugz AND I WAS SHELLING OUT MY OWN MONEY OF A BIG LB EVENT IN NEW YORK CITY AND MADE HELLA CHANGES LIKE LB RADIO AND THE CHATROOM AND THE IMS AND RAN ALL THOSE TOURNEYS WITH PRIZES ID BE LIKE FUCK THESE CRY BABY ASS NIGGAS... JUST CUZ YALL ARE LAZY AND UNENTERTAINING AND PLAIN FLATOUT PUSSYS THAT ARE SCARED OF BEEF DONT MAKE THE POTENTIAL OF THIS SITE ANY LESS PLAUSABLE.....YOOOOOOO THESE PLACE USED TO BE POPPIN WITH NONE OF THIS SHIT YALL GOT..ITS LIKE U GET MORE SHIT AND U WANT MORE AND MORE AND MORE..JUST RAP U PUSSY ASS MFS...ANYONE GOTTA PROBLEM DROP A TRACK AND WE CAN START RIGHT NOW HOWS THAT ..PUGZ I GIVE YA CREDIT FOR DEALING WITH THESE WINING ASS FEMALES YALL CALL RAPPERS SMH...OH BY THE WAY ...FATAL SCRIPTURES...COME FUCK WITH US

lllllllllllll
08-12-2014, 07:31 PM
ITS LIKE U GET MORE SHIT AND U WANT MORE AND MORE AND MORE

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/uhwht.gif

Babylon
08-12-2014, 07:34 PM
I KNOW U MFS DONT CARE WHAT I THINK..BUT..MAN TO MAN (WELL SOME OF U ARENT MEN YET o.O) IF I WAS Pugz AND I WAS SHELLING OUT MY OWN MONEY OF A BIG LB EVENT IN NEW YORK CITY AND MADE HELLA CHANGES LIKE LB RADIO AND THE CHATROOM AND THE IMS AND RAN ALL THOSE TOURNEYS WITH PRIZES ID BE LIKE FUCK THESE CRY BABY ASS NIGGAS... JUST CUZ YALL ARE LAZY AND UNENTERTAINING AND PLAIN FLATOUT PUSSYS THAT ARE SCARED OF BEEF DONT MAKE THE POTENTIAL OF THIS SITE ANY LESS PLAUSABLE.....YOOOOOOO THESE PLACE USED TO BE POPPIN WITH NONE OF THIS SHIT YALL GOT..ITS LIKE U GET MORE SHIT AND U WANT MORE AND MORE AND MORE..JUST RAP U PUSSY ASS MFS...ANYONE GOTTA PROBLEM DROP A TRACK AND WE CAN START RIGHT NOW HOWS THAT ..PUGZ I GIVE YA CREDIT FOR DEALING WITH THESE WINING ASS FEMALES YALL CALL RAPPERS SMH...OH BY THE WAY ...FATAL SCRIPTURES...COME FUCK WITH US

Yeah man, it's like we get a website to rap on and we just "expect" them to update it once every 8 years.

We're a bunch of ungrateful fucking pricks, I'll tell ya.

Enfinite
08-12-2014, 07:36 PM

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/57/df/5b57dfd94267aa2d7449ce355ea80d22.jpg

V3numb
08-12-2014, 07:48 PM
more video battles

Babylon
08-12-2014, 07:53 PM
more video battles

There's that enthusiasm we've been looking for!

Good show ole' chap!

Tha Czar
08-12-2014, 08:34 PM
#Lock4Mod

On another note, has anyone really been affected by a benson diss?

Lockhart
08-12-2014, 08:39 PM
On another note, has anyone really been affected by a benson diss?

He made a diss track? :pimp:

Rant
08-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Don't jock my shit Moni

Get your own slogan.

Side note, #Rant4Mod.

Babylon
08-12-2014, 09:12 PM
#Cry4mod so I can call everyone faggots on an even higher horse.

X-Calibur
08-13-2014, 02:01 AM
Oh look it's that "coming soon" phrase again.

Haaaa I know what you mean bro shot me and you been round these parts longer than most ....

But I've seen the new skin and the work going into it and it ain't far away from being finished ....

Certain other members where meant to be helping out infact some of them are in here bitching ....

But NOBLE is putting that work in

Hubert Cumberdale
08-13-2014, 04:50 AM

Says Benson who won't reply to my diss track.

Fiji Osa
08-13-2014, 04:54 AM
I've read all 7 pages .. and here is my response .. take it how you want it but respect that I am talking to all involved like men

Godbody .. way to stir the pot my friend .. however .. real heads know that you bring 0% activity to LB atm .. stop living in the past start focusing on the future. Do your part as this isn't the first time you have made a thread like this - what are you really trying to accomplish.

Crysis Rant LOCK .. it would be in the best interest of all 3 of you guys to wipe MODSHIP possibilities from your thought process. Cry is not respected enough on here - he is tolerated Rant needs to grow the fuck up and start being taken seriously and LOCK just needs to stop pretending like he has any clue as to the essence of Hip-Hop or the culture of Battle Rapping. Out the 3 Blnk would be the best candidate IMO and that is a fucking stretch even saying that

So you all go around and make threads that the site is dead that the site is dying and all that happy horse bullshit .. LB comes together and makes something happen and then this is the response we get

Let me tell you guys about the LB Showcase that is being held on 20 Sep. First off this is a dream that many older members of LB have talked about for years at the beginning of it all we were young with no money but now we are older and well more established and able to function and make it happen .. all we really wanted was for fellow members on LB to just have a meet and greet get to meet each other in person. But with the explosion of battle rap becoming more dominant we are now able to take that dream to level not even we could imagine.

1. FYI Pugz how did Godbody put it (absent - doesn't give a fuck) Pugz paid money out his own pocket to lock on the venue that the show case is being held at. And we are not talking $250.00 either HIS OWN FUCKING POCKET how many of you on here can say that you could actually come up with money like that? Lock Crysis Rant just asking
2. Mic-Check has been doing all the leg work. He booked several class act as well as huge names to participate. He has really put together a nice event - and for yall not to support him is fucking insane
3. Muggz drove to NYC on his own dime to scope the venue out took pictures the whole 9 .. made sure we had an idea of the logistics that we would be gong into.
4. I paid for a plane ticket out my own pocket to attend this event .. I canceled on a paid live battle in Jersey and paid money out my own pocket to attend this event. I also don't mind paying for drinks/weed/hotel rooms for LB members that will be attending. I have a battle with a URL PG artist .. that is huge son .. bet yall ant to see me loose too huh did a spur of the moment interview and only talked about LB every other word was LB is this or LB is that - when was the last time any of you promoted LB? Simply just walking up to someone and talking about hip-hop and then showing them the platform that is LB. If you would tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends - the numbers would be endless of new users
5. This is LB's event we have other sponsors but LB is the headliner - how can you say we are dead when we made a power move like that! LB is busy

^^Look at the dedication to LB to you guys it's members but you spit in our faces by making these threads - thats why I really don't fuck with yall and I am sure that is the reason a lot of cats I mentioned above don't fuck with the "Nay Sayers"

There was a thread up if there were any LB members that were around the Washington DC - NYC area let it be know in the thread so we could work out logistics to get yall to the event .. not one single reply nothing - I guess yall rather it would fail because god forbid it actually becomes successful and LB benefits from it .. then what you look like a fucking clown taking credit for something you wanted to fail from the start

Another thread went up a Battle League owner in Cali hit me up and needed some new blood and wanted me to get someone from LB .. not one fucking reply - I guess LB forums is the most you guys want to obtain

ANd Pugz V3numb DJ Denton Muggz yall wondered why I never mentioned the formation of the LetsBeef Battle League South to the fucking ass monkeys yet - they would rather see that fail just the same

LB def needs a face lift - a color change - and LB needs a new coder (who would be willing to send a monthly fee to Pugz each month so that it could help pay for a coder) LOCK since you so willing to "bet the house" how much would you be willing to put forth a month - Name it and I'll match it .. if not stfu about a damn coder! You talk about a tour .. bitch who paying for that LOCK .. and could you even attend a function? you still rap in hiding for fear of what your folks would say - how can you embrace the culture when you afraid to let it be known that you are apart of it.

the members that are here currently on LB are the promotion ambassador - listen to the things I said in the interview recruit people using those similar phrases don't talk about the negative talk about the positive HELP people sign up for LB - that is the only way to boost activity is by us shining LB in a good light to make it to where people want to come both male and female word of mouth is the quicker and cheapest form of promotion.

Mods have to change however .. MODS should have some type of outside connections of some sort have the maturity and have the vision of what LB can and will become - the green title shouldn't be considered for gaining votes and fucking with people

FOH with yall negative bullshit ..

Hubert Cumberdale
08-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Fiji Osa

1. What does "knowing the essence of battle rap and hip hop" have to do with anything? Lock's proven himself to be a good battler. This is a battle site. Just because you watch more grind time videos, you've got it in your head that it means you know absolutely anything about how to run the site.

2. That's a legitimate concern about the live event, because as hinted in that post, LB's track record for even simple things is very bad, so a live event (which takes extensive organisation) could easily fail unless handled with extreme care.

3. I'm sure pretty much every single one of us could come up with 250bucks. That's not a lot? Anyways, respect to Pugz for doing it but it's not like LB hasn't generated 250 profit in the last 2 years that Pugz has been in charge. It's good to see something being pushed, but I don't respect Pugz for putting the money up cause at the end of the day, it's just a simple business matter.

4. I bet they aren't "HUGE" names, but complete respect to Mic Check, seems like the most work anyone's done on behalf of the site in a long long time.

5. You keep mentioning money. This guy paid that, this guy paid this. Yeah....then why the fuck are you taking shots at Crysis, one of the first guys to put money FROM HIS OWN POCKET into the site? I can guarantee you right now that had anyone actually given a fuck, LOGiKK would have invested around 100dollars into LB by now. He was desperate to help the site, but all that happened was his 20dollars or so went into thin air and he never got a reply on where it went (turned out to help the radio get set up...so?).

6. Maybe no LB members were around the Washington DC - NYC area?

7. You're trying sooo hard to become a mod...but call everyone on the site "ass monkeys" lmao. I LOVE that you tagged v3numb and Denton too. Sucking off the staff acting like Denton and v3 have done ANYTHING for Letsbeef.

8. You mention LB needs a colour change, and then namedrop your buddy Pugz. Are you aware that 4 months ago I asked for the site specs and I'd make the skin for free...and he brushed me off saying he'd send me them later? He then never replied to my PM.

9. As for bringing in new members, I'd GLADLY bring LB over 100 new members before 2014 is up. But why would I? The live event is cool, but that's not what's going to build the foundation of the site. Until ANYTHING starts getting done, why would I bother? You mentioned alllll of those people.....are you not aware that NOBLE is the only guy who's actually going to help the site stay afloat? We can still have a live event and have the site go to shit. Essentially it's just a tiny bit of free advertising if we're being honest. NOBLE's the only guy that any of us can PM and have actually listen, and have want to implement our ideas. He's almost doing everything single handedly and you didn't even mention him because he's not in your faggot group of live battle jack offs.

NatsHubby
08-13-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't even fuck with this shithole site anymore
Been here since 08 and believe me, it hurts me to see this site go down like this

Shout out to my dude Teek, the best mod on the site tbh ;'/

X-Calibur
08-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Jesus calm the fuck down but Dave has a point about not mentioning noble .....

Also I do believe money being out in isn't always the answer and mike if your willing to match lock contribution for a coder I'll put in on that too ...

However we need a coder we need a money estimate .... Until then stop flapping ya lips ....

I think eryone is just on that negative vibe right now ....

And Dave if your willing to do skin colours and work touch base with noble I'm sure he could use a hand if your any good on the old photoshop I heard v3numb was meant to help out but we all know that dude won't do shit for free pahhhh....

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Ps fuck a $20 contribution Dave lol... I put $50 up for this live event and I ain't even going attending or battling but seemed like a good idea ....

Yall need to contribute more ....

Imma start the LB CHARITY FUND soon .... (I joke)

Fiji Osa
08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Dave .. Me watching rap battles have nothing to do with it - proven battler on LB doesn't make you worthy or able to be a Mod if that was the case they would be a lot more people other than Me and Lock that would be a Mod. I'm trashing Lock but it would be the same for anyone .. I just don't feel that any of you would do nothing anymore than what the current staff is doing

2. But why should you .. Any of you have a concern about the LB event? Dave are you coming in person? I know Lock isn't. 90% of you on here will be unphased by the events of the LB Showcase if you are not coming or haven't contibuted in any way then your stupid for saying you want to see LB live again - yet you not support an event to this magnatude

3. Read what I said Pugz put money up .. We are not just talking about 250 dollars either. That means it is well over 250 we talking about. I don't need to give a specific amount but it a "generous donation"

4. Battle Rappers that are in the URL participating are Huge Names! No matter who it is that shows that LB is known and acknowledged enough to where these MCs will come and support. You not looking at the bigger picture! Then again I don't think most of you are.

5. 100 dollars isn't shit and I'm sure Logikk would do what a 1 time payment. No I'm talking about LB members willing and can be committed to paying 100-200 dollars monthly (if that is what it takes) being paid by "several members" to ensure that the coder is taken care of.

6. Some of the members in here bitching about the site is dead is from the east coast. Why they can't support the LB Showcase? Because at the end off it they don't care tbh the site is there life ..

7. I am going to be a full MOD Dave whether it's sooner or later and it doesn't matter who approaches and feel a certain way about it. A green title right now is the least of my concerns .. Reasons Venumb and Denton were tag because they know what I am doing outside of LB it's not sucking up to the staff simply acknowledging it's a team effort

8. Perhaps Pugz didn't feel good about you doing the skin for LB maybe he just didn't want you to do .. Plain and simple free or not

9. That attitude right there is the reason you could never help the site. NOBLE goes w/o question that was the best move LB made in a while making Nob admin but homie plate is full I wouldn't want to burn NOBLE out before LB turns the corner

But his focus is not the LB Showcase it's the site .. I'm picturing that the site will make it's changes prior to the showcase but me members need to start bringing members in before all this take place you don't even need 100

Challenge each member to bring 10 new members and keep them active until after the Showcase. Leave a thread in GT with the names of who signed up.

Dave you got me fucked up - at the end of the day we are both concerned about the future of LB and we want the same thing .. I'm just willing to step away from the computer to do it are you?

Hubert Cumberdale
08-13-2014, 11:40 AM
1. In just 2 months of being a mod, which ended in being being banned, I was voted like 3 off of being Staff Member of the Year, losing out to NOBLE (the best staff member the site has ever had). If in 2 months I could trump every other mod on the site, then what can the staff do in a year? Moderating means fuck all when there's nothing to moderate. The staff needs to give people a reason to be here.

2. If I host a live event in Scotland, will you come?

3. Pugz is reinvesting money into the site, in order for it to be successful which in turn will bring in a profit. I don't think simple business is a respectable trait.

4. They aren't HUGE names though. Perhaps you mean huge for us. The thing that gets me a bit is....where's the LB guys? If you could somehow get OUR battlers in there, it'd be absolutely amazing for the site. As it stands...it just kind of sounds like we're putting all the work in for advertising. Hopefully the guys join the site though and it proves to be successful. It's still a great accomplishment regardless to pull off an event like this so I don't want to put a single bit of negativity onto it. Just remember it's not the only thing on LB. I guarantee I could bring more active members to the site through topicals than live battles.

5. Okay, we need a coder? Pugz is putting up a "generous donation" towards the live event.....why aren't we just hiring a coder instead?

6. Because the site is a hobby, going to an event is real life.

7. There is NO team effort from Denton and V3numb, don't even joke about it. And I don't have any doubt that you'll be a full mod at all. After all, to become a forum mod...you asked for it and got it within an hour. Democracy bitch.

8. Oh, so it makes sense. I'm not WANTED to contribute. Gotcha. And here was me thinking it was petty and stupid.

9. That right there is why I can't help the site? It might seem pointless to you, but me and the guys didn't get this patriarch title for nothing. Guys like me, Teek, RULE, Mindless etc. are why LB even kept going. More so to them because they did things behind the scenes for longer, but just because you're interested in helping for 5 minutes you think that's the only important thing? I've helped the site for years, I've brought people here, I've kept it interesting, I've helped develop new battlers (Fiji Osa being a nobody pre-DPS for example) and then countless ideas being implemented pre-Pugz. The reason I can't help the site is because everything I say gets passed off because it's not sucking someone's dick to get a mod spot.

So you're saying BEFORE the stuff happens, we need new members? Fuck that. Back in the day I used to spam LB on every single instrumental. Every single guy I knew on Bebo got told to join here. Why would I keep doing this if absolutely fuck all has changed? People don't want to stay on LB. The entire site is demotivated. Until this "coming soon" bullshit turns into "It's here", I and no one else gives a fuck about the promises.

No, I'm not willing to step away from the computer, because this is an internet website. I know for an absolute fact that within a year I could put LB to where it was in at the very least 2009 (2006 was an exceptional year for the site that no one an really replicate). Until changes start happening, none of us are interested in helping. You can act like you're doing loads, and that I should be positive and help with this live battling right? You do know the topical final, which has seen hundreds of battles play out and like 30 new members to site, has been open for around 2 weeks and even included an announcement yeah? You're interested in your stuff, I'm interested in mine.

lllllllllllll
08-13-2014, 10:30 PM
1. In just 2 months of being a mod, which ended in being being banned, I was voted like 3 off of being Staff Member of the Year, losing out to NOBLE (the best staff member the site has ever had). If in 2 months I could trump every other mod on the site, then what can the staff do in a year? Moderating means fuck all when there's nothing to moderate. The staff needs to give people a reason to be here.

2. If I host a live event in Scotland, will you come?

3. Pugz is reinvesting money into the site, in order for it to be successful which in turn will bring in a profit. I don't think simple business is a respectable trait.

4. They aren't HUGE names though. Perhaps you mean huge for us. The thing that gets me a bit is....where's the LB guys? If you could somehow get OUR battlers in there, it'd be absolutely amazing for the site. As it stands...it just kind of sounds like we're putting all the work in for advertising. Hopefully the guys join the site though and it proves to be successful. It's still a great accomplishment regardless to pull off an event like this so I don't want to put a single bit of negativity onto it. Just remember it's not the only thing on LB. I guarantee I could bring more active members to the site through topicals than live battles.

5. Okay, we need a coder? Pugz is putting up a "generous donation" towards the live event.....why aren't we just hiring a coder instead?

6. Because the site is a hobby, going to an event is real life.

7. There is NO team effort from Denton and V3numb, don't even joke about it. And I don't have any doubt that you'll be a full mod at all. After all, to become a forum mod...you asked for it and got it within an hour. Democracy bitch.

8. Oh, so it makes sense. I'm not WANTED to contribute. Gotcha. And here was me thinking it was petty and stupid.

9. That right there is why I can't help the site? It might seem pointless to you, but me and the guys didn't get this patriarch title for nothing. Guys like me, Teek, RULE, Mindless etc. are why LB even kept going. More so to them because they did things behind the scenes for longer, but just because you're interested in helping for 5 minutes you think that's the only important thing? I've helped the site for years, I've brought people here, I've kept it interesting, I've helped develop new battlers (Fiji Osa being a nobody pre-DPS for example) and then countless ideas being implemented pre-Pugz. The reason I can't help the site is because everything I say gets passed off because it's not sucking someone's dick to get a mod spot.

So you're saying BEFORE the stuff happens, we need new members? Fuck that. Back in the day I used to spam LB on every single instrumental. Every single guy I knew on Bebo got told to join here. Why would I keep doing this if absolutely fuck all has changed? People don't want to stay on LB. The entire site is demotivated. Until this "coming soon" bullshit turns into "It's here", I and no one else gives a fuck about the promises.

No, I'm not willing to step away from the computer, because this is an internet website. I know for an absolute fact that within a year I could put LB to where it was in at the very least 2009 (2006 was an exceptional year for the site that no one an really replicate). Until changes start happening, none of us are interested in helping. You can act like you're doing loads, and that I should be positive and help with this live battling right? You do know the topical final, which has seen hundreds of battles play out and like 30 new members to site, has been open for around 2 weeks and even included an announcement yeah? You're interested in your stuff, I'm interested in mine.

Everything here..

CakedOut
08-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Lb still has the best rap forum. Changing the background color won't make you rap better. The main problem is activity and why do new heads keep leaving? Lets start with that. Good battlers need to start helping the weak elevate. More heavyweights, the better the battles and that will attract more people. Instead of waiting for a Lbt Card or w.e tourney, battle somebody thats good. If I was a new head and I seen the hotlist of today, I would probably leave to.

Student
08-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Co-Sign What EtH Said Except That Asshole Didn't Mention Me :( Lol

Also, If You're Staff You're Supposed To Bring Activity Otherwise Leave The Position, No Harm No Foul.
Don't Give That "Oh Real Life Is Crazy Right Now But I'll Be Active Soon" RULE "Retired" Twice And Left His Post, If He Can Do It You Should Too.

Activity Doesn't Mean A Million Tournaments Either, I Think They're WAY Too Many Events Going On At The Same Time That's Why People No-Show Or Have Time To Reply To Everything, Sure They Sign-up But As Soon As It Comes Times To Posting They Don't.

lllllllllllll
08-14-2014, 07:33 AM
Lol nah people no show cause they waste time and try to post last minute

Hubert Cumberdale
08-14-2014, 08:22 AM
Lb still has the best rap forum. Changing the background color won't make you rap better. The main problem is activity and why do new heads keep leaving? Lets start with that. Good battlers need to start helping the weak elevate. More heavyweights, the better the battles and that will attract more people. Instead of waiting for a Lbt Card or w.e tourney, battle somebody thats good. If I was a new head and I seen the hotlist of today, I would probably leave to.

I don't think skill level is an issue. The new people who join LB aren't seasoned vets, they are generally weak writers, so the skill level of the site isn't an issue (and that's coming from a guy who's dedicated most of his LB time to doing exactly what you suggested).

The issue is that no one is happy on the site. Adding the radio which like 4 people listen to. Adding a live event which none of us will be attending. We need to FIX things, not add things. The problem is that Pseudo, the Letsbeef coder, barely knows the site exists. If you bring this up to Pugz, he tells you that loads is going on behind the scenes and stuff is getting done. Bullshit. Pugz has been admin for about 3 years and the only thing that's been added is the little voting thing on profiles. Instead of putting his money into the radio and instead of putting money into a live event, put money into making into the website itself. I'm not going to tell the guy how to spend his own money, but I do know what will be best for the site. LB needs an entire overhaul to keep the members motivated and to entice the previous members back to the site. Once that happens, everyone will be happy on the site and everyone will want to battle and pitch in.

If I knew my opinion was even being listened to and taken into account, I'd have NO problem with going out and bringing new people to the site. But simple thing is, it's not. Like Fiji said, my opinion isn't wanted. The site would sooner be shut down than have my input included. That's the sad thing, cause it's people that haven't done half as much as us who have that are preventing these changes from taking place.

Co-Sign What EtH Said Except That Asshole Didn't Mention Me :( Lol

Also, If You're Staff You're Supposed To Bring Activity Otherwise Leave The Position, No Harm No Foul.
Don't Give That "Oh Real Life Is Crazy Right Now But I'll Be Active Soon" RULE "Retired" Twice And Left His Post, If He Can Do It You Should Too.

Activity Doesn't Mean A Million Tournaments Either, I Think They're WAY Too Many Events Going On At The Same Time That's Why People No-Show Or Have Time To Reply To Everything, Sure They Sign-up But As Soon As It Comes Times To Posting They Don't.

I actually did have you mentioned in a bit but deleted it as I thought I'd have to mention literally everyone ever lol.

The Ghost of Freak
08-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Dave , I care about your opinion Pookie... lol ... Really though, there are valid opinions on both sides topped with a garnish of bullshit that is distracting from the main course of conversation.

LET US ACKNOWLEDGE THE VALIDITY OF:

1. Godbody is correct that working on a mobile app is a poor choice of business expenditure for LB at this juncture of dwindling activity.

2. Godbody, Crysis , LOCK , Dave are correct that restoring the basic functions of the site should be the primary concern as to bring activity back by our already existing user base and attract new visitors.

I'm not sure I fully agree with Godbody 's demolition analogy, only because I do believe that many of the basic functions of which we clearly have issues have worked in the past and are in fact a solid foundation when operating correctly. Leading to my next point...

3. ^^^ The above mentioned folks are clearly right that we need more coding support, and that should be an important investment (time and money wise) for the site.

4. Fiji Osa is ALSO CORRECT that the LB SHOWCASE NEEDS SUPPORT. I do believe that the advertising is a bit weak atm with just a clickable banner to a relatively dead thread.
Mic-Check is pulling a huge amount of the weight here, and I believe the mods could help by pushing forward a RSVP thread as to give an idea of who will be attending from LB and get people pumped.

^^^ I really want to make this event and will try hard to do so.

If it does end up to be a flop... it will be very disheartening as we are already in a LB slump currently.

5. Dave is also right that everyone should be more receptive of each other's opinions, because remember...

"Opinions are like assholes, we all got them and they all stink." - Americana Folk Saying

Love and Positive Vibes for the Site,

-Freekishness

John Wick
08-18-2014, 11:23 AM

i agree with benson, people are here in the forum more than they are in the arena or track section....standards for tracks are at an all-time low also

CO-SIGN wut the homies said plus the FACT that when we had a live chat ppl made mad excuses and didnt have the love or drive to just kick it and spit everything was an ego thing STILL LUV LB regardless becuz I spit FREE ALL DAY 100 ppl