PDA

View Full Version : I got a question...Educated battlers only

John Dos
03-23-2013, 06:54 PM
is a verse like this worthy of a 5?

Since dudes still trash this'll be an easy win. Boots,sigs,mask clips filled? Bitch that's medium. If I was going hard id show no regard. Poke then scar ya throat with swords. Choke this broad till them vocal chords Violet Boregard(Willy wonka). I'll swing a bat man. Then aim, point when that sig smoking either you'll die or end up with Banes voice.(cigarette smoke)...rebel flow destroy ya. Puns delahoya. Dumb ass, one pump blast leave you looking disgusting as fuck like an episode of hoarders. goons run through ya place swarming. Take you to the top balcony watch "get air over the rail" but you ain't skate boardin.

---BUT IF I HAD IT LIKE THIS I WOULD GET 10'S...

ain't shit changed. *sigh*

Wordplay is there. Multis are there. Puns are there. Flow is def there. LB will never improve until people get smarter and learn how to properly read a verse. Also, the forced trash I see these days ain't hot. If it wouldn't be ill spoken aloud, then it's NOT COOL.

Manhattan
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
More like a low 7 tbh

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:03 PM
I'd give that verse a 3. Real talk.

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:03 PM
shits meh but 5's a little low, by normal standards then yeah it's "not bad" but by lb standards atleast it's copmpitant and clean

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:07 PM
I'd give that verse a 3. Real talk.

lmaooo. :cmonson:

i would honestly rate it at 7, maybe 8. but i've seen worse get 10s. it was keyed regardless so idgaf but people still don't know how to comprehend buildups and comparisons to things(punches) in verses.

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:08 PM
why you laughing? lol

a 5 = not bad. and that was a verse of aimless filler with a wack punch at the end.

a 3.

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:09 PM
i counted more than 1 punch

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:10 PM
i counted more than 1 punch

Name them.

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:13 PM
lol at the status

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Aimless filler. hmm. let me break this shit down for you bro lol

Since dudes still trash this'll be an easy win. Boots,sigs,mask clips filled? Bitch that's medium.

Ok opening line. No punch, just kinda an intro with good flow and multis.

If I was going hard id show no regard. Poke then scar ya throat with swords. Choke this broad till them vocal chords Violet Boregard(Willy wonka).

Multi flurry. Choking someone till their throat turns blue. PUNCH. and clever wordplay

I'll swing a bat man. Then aim, point when that sig smoking either you'll die or end up with Banes voice.(cigarette smoke)...

Bat man is referring to the Movie batman. The sig iis slang for gun. Banes voice is raspy like what happens to cigarette smokers. smoke is also a slang term for kill. good multis and flow as well as wordplay and PUNCH.

rebel flow destroy ya. Puns delahoya. Dumb ass, one pump blast leave you looking disgusting as fuck like an episode of hoarders.

Again, good multis and flow. Hoarders homes are disgusting which is what someone would look like if I shot them. lol...again that's still a PUNCH.

goons run through ya place swarming. Take you to the top balcony watch "get air over the rail" but you ain't skate boardin.

*sigh* Good multis and flow. Skateboarders get air over rails on halfpipes. Which would be another PUNCH. so only the opener didn't really have a punch.

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Choke this broad till them vocal chords Violet Boregard

Then aim, point when that sig smoking either you'll die or end up with Banes voice.

Dumb ass, one pump blast leave you looking disgusting as fuck like an episode of hoarders.

Take you to the top balcony watch "get air over the rail" but you ain't skate boardin.

Weight is irrelevant as it's personal preference but they are still punches

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:18 PM
lol @ dos rating his own shit like that.

you aint changed john. i'd love to live in your head haha.

do you son. no hate.

1/

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Weight is irrelevant as it's personal preference but they are still punches

http://bitchspot.jadedragononline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/agree_disagree.jpg

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:19 PM
I gave my shit a high 7/low 8. but it is alarming to me that even someone as respected as you couldn't see the puns simply because I didn't cap my shit. It's def no hate homie you know I fucks with you but you gotta admit when I'm right about something. lol

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Bat man is referring to the Movie batman. The sig iis slang for gun.

John you made my day. haha kudos brother.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I gave my shit a high 7/low 8. but it is alarming to me that even someone as respected as you couldn't see the puns simply because I didn't cap my shit. It's def no hate homie you know I fucks with you but you gotta admit when I'm right about something. lol

Yep you aint changed a bit fam haha. Good for you son.

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Glad I could make your day lmao

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:23 PM
For our eyes only

http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showpost.php?p=898057&postcount=2

;)

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:23 PM
damn i can't see it LMAO

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:24 PM
hahaha

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Corb is awesome. No lie.

I didnt even know we could do that haha.

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:26 PM
lol all jokes

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:27 PM
looking back on my old battles though...i've lost steam and kinda switched my style. aaaaand i don't put time and effort into my verses anymore. because i am much more interested in recording and performing.

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:28 PM
damn i can't see it LMAO

It said: "John Dos is such a dippy cuntbag twat" - Just C.

I wouldnt take that shit if it were me mate...

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:31 PM
lol. weren't we supposed to track battle ages ago? Just C

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

RULE have you put out any new shit recently?

Hubert Cumberdale
03-23-2013, 07:32 PM
If you're more interested in recording and performing, don't get mad when people rate your shit low.

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:33 PM
[/COLOR]RULE have you put out any new shit recently?

Nah my shits was wack anyways. My pen game was always my strong suit rather than my mic play.

You dropping a second tape soon?

J u s T C
lol. weren't we supposed to track battle ages ago?

lol it didn't he winding u up

RULE
lol it didn't he winding u up

Dont make me screenshot the shit JC.

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
THUG Killer to thread.

RULE
03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
THUG Killer to thread.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/MasterDeville/fuckisgood_zpsc61d2dc6.png

J u s T C
03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
hahaha dead

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:38 PM
RULE yea man I'm 6 tracks in on the new tape. totally different sound and style. i'm on my hippy shit lately. greatly infuenced by psychadelic drugs and pot. less mnainstream sounding. better beats.

Just C hbu man? any new shit out?

Hubert Cumberdale
03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Psychadelic drugs and weed.

So...it doesnt make sense?

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Psychadelic drugs and weed.

So...it doesnt make sense?

no my shit makes sense but some songs can be perceived differently by different people. i try to speak in ways so everyone can relate to certain things i talk about. my beats are hittin' hard. i'm looking forward to finishing it.

Hubert Cumberdale
03-23-2013, 07:56 PM
That wasn't a hit to you, more so to shit like Beattles who people say are sooo genius...when really it makes fuck all sense :D.

If you're not a faggot between now and then I'll listen to it.

John Dos
03-23-2013, 07:58 PM
I fucks with the Beatles but I feel you though a lot of the songs people are really into, I don't really care for. "While my guitar weeps" or something like that. Eric Clapton never got the credit for playing lead guitar in that song

Q
03-23-2013, 08:10 PM
is a verse like this worthy of a 5?

Since dudes still trash this'll be an easy win. Boots,sigs,mask clips filled? Bitch that's medium. If I was going hard id show no regard. Poke then scar ya throat with swords. Choke this broad till them vocal chords Violet Boregard(Willy wonka). I'll swing a bat man. Then aim, point when that sig smoking either you'll die or end up with Banes voice.(cigarette smoke)...rebel flow destroy ya. Puns delahoya. Dumb ass, one pump blast leave you looking disgusting as fuck like an episode of hoarders. goons run through ya place swarming. Take you to the top balcony watch "get air over the rail" but you ain't skate boardin.

---BUT IF I HAD IT LIKE THIS I WOULD GET 10'S...

ain't shit changed. *sigh*

Wordplay is there. Multis are there. Puns are there. Flow is def there. LB will never improve until people get smarter and learn how to properly read a verse. Also, the forced trash I see these days ain't hot. If it wouldn't be ill spoken aloud, then it's NOT COOL.

Since dudes still trash this'll be an easy win.
^Filler...has nothing in relation to the following line
Boots,sigs,mask clips filled? Bitch that's medium.
^Again, Filler.
If I was going hard id show no regard. Poke then scar ya throat with swords. Choke this broad till them vocal chords Violet Boregard(Willy wonka).
Each line in this is also filler fam. Also, the wording of the punch is bad "vocal chords Violet Boregard"...that's poor wording an a very weak punch. The "build ups" to this punch have nothing to do with it, it's self.
I'll swing a bat man. Then aim, point when that sig smoking either you'll die or end up with Banes voice.(cigarette smoke)...
Not THAT bad of a concept, but weakly executed. Don't see what "banes voice" is rhyming with either. If it was a "run on line" into the next one then it's keep the momentum of flow going, but it's not. It just stops dead there.

rebel flow destroy ya. Puns delahoya.
^Again, filler...they rhyme, but that's all...has nothing to do with the following piece(s)
Dumb ass, one pump blast leave you looking disgusting as fuck like an episode of hoarders.
^So far, your best line an it's holding no weight.
goons run through ya place swarming. Take you to the top balcony watch "get air over the rail" but you ain't skate boardin.
^Ok, best line in the piece. the wording on "The top balcony watch get"...thats fucked. Still, best line in the whole lot.

Overall, dude it was an extremely weak drop. Personally i'd give it a 3...4 if i was in a really good mood, an i'm never in a good mood lol. Keep at it though, gotta shake a lot of rust of Dose.

P.S. using CAPS as an excuse for not getting votes on a drop like that is seriously stupid, it was the content you put forth that warranted the rating of a Generous 5 (not bad).

Hubert Cumberdale
03-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I was one of the first guys on the "CAPS DONT MATTER" wagon, but then I realized what it was and why they are important.

On other sites, a line will work like this...

I'll tell you now sonny I've got bars and they're great,
So I'll hit the ground running like the arms of an ape.

#DosageSwag.

Writing like that, you know when to emphasise and expect a rhyme, at the end of the line. You dont need to emphasize the little internal rhyme, but the end one always had to be emphasised to create the exocusion. Because there are no clear lines in the LB battle box style, you actually dont really know when to emphasise the multi. That means the punch isn't delivered as well and the flow can get thrown off a bit.

John Dos
03-23-2013, 08:17 PM
...Core Soul i hope you remember losing to me 5 times bro.

AIM POINT was what rhymed with BANES VOICE.

imagery in lyrics is so under rated.

choking a bitch till theyre throat turns blue like violet boregard. that's fucking dope imo. crowds would go crazy if i used this in a live battle . you're delusional my friend.

Hubert Cumberdale
03-23-2013, 08:20 PM
How the fuck is that dope? That's like saying "I'll make your face turn red like super mario's hat".

Imagery in battling? Lmao. I'm the biggest fan of imagery when it comes to topicals, but in battling? Uhhhhh

John Dos
03-23-2013, 08:22 PM
just for fun I should purposely recycle and cap the multis. i bet alot of voters would be tossing 8s or better.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

if u said that mario shit with some swag and multis live it might not be that bad bro. lol

Hubert Cumberdale
03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Live battles are diff though Dos. Like I was once battling a guy in someone's kitchen. He had a fruit bowl with a bannana in it. I said "I'll bash your face in with a hammer to leave you more brusied than this bannana", at which point I picked up the bannana. Dudes went NUTS, like I was the next 2pac or something. I was like "Literally the worst thing Ive ever said".

I also have NO swag, and am fucking proud of it.

Phracture
03-23-2013, 08:26 PM
thats shit was no 8 bro that was def a 6 or lower you just over hype by your lyrics which happens sometimes but you if you tryna make the viewers feel your bars just catch they drift thats all ... Each one Teach one .

John Dos
03-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Dissizit i myself would rate the verse a 7. my whole point is that people dont properly read verses. this verse was straight trash compared to shit i actually put time and effort into. you should know that though homie. youve lost to me twice. LOL

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Live battles are diff though Dos. Like I was once battling a guy in someone's kitchen. He had a fruit bowl with a bannana in it. I said "I'll bash your face in with a hammer to leave you more brusied than this bannana", at which point I picked up the bannana. Dudes went NUTS, like I was the next 2pac or something. I was like "Literally the worst thing Ive ever said".

I also have NO swag, and am fucking proud of it.

Live battling is more my style these days, I just don't care for forced wordplay. but hey, that's just me.

Q
03-23-2013, 08:33 PM
...Core Soul i hope you remember losing to me 5 times bro.

AIM POINT was what rhymed with BANES VOICE.

imagery in lyrics is so under rated.

choking a bitch till theyre throat turns blue like violet boregard. that's fucking dope imo. crowds would go crazy if i used this in a live battle . you're delusional my friend.

I've NEVER lost to you. If you would like to test the waters send an 8...

Hubert Cumberdale
03-23-2013, 08:34 PM
I mean low level live battling. You bring that shit to grindtime and get ready to hear some crickets.

John Dos
03-23-2013, 08:36 PM
let me go through my battles Core Soul. i'll post links

Q
03-23-2013, 08:40 PM
just for fun I should purposely recycle and cap the multis. i bet alot of voters would be tossing 8s or better.

Depends on the voters though. :high:...There is a lot on this site who throw 8's on everything.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

let me go through my battles Core Soul. i'll post links

Aiight :high:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

John Dos no need...just went through mine there, not ONE single loss to John Dose do i have. :high:

John Dos
03-23-2013, 08:47 PM
how many different accounts have you had though homie?

didn't you call yourself something else? i know i'm not tripping. you've been around for a while and i distinctively remember ripping you at least 3 times.

here is my Dissizit battle. homie was Almighty Rap at the time and it was a dope battle.

http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=371598

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

like i said...i dont think this key was super special but if capped it would be worthy of at least a 7. lol

Q
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
didn't you call yourself something else?

On this account i've always been CoRe sOuL No name changes at all :high:

John Dos
03-23-2013, 08:54 PM
"on this account"...

which means you used to call yourself something else on another account?

what names have you used?

Q
03-23-2013, 08:55 PM
"on this account"...

which means you used to call yourself something else on another account?

what names have you used?

My other "main" account... 2FUEL :high:

John Dos
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
oh you're 2Fuel...

lol I have battled you before as well but I think you won.

who the fuck have i battled with a name that sounds similar then? this is gonna bother me now. "soul something" or "core something" i SWEAR i beat dude like 5 times lol

Q
03-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Yeah there is a dude runnin' round with Core in his name :violent:

IV
03-23-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't know who wrote that verse or whatever, but it'd be getting a 3 or 4 from me but with feedback

John Dos
03-23-2013, 09:05 PM
lol I wrote it.

IV
03-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Haha sorry Dos, just wasn't feeling it. Nothing to do with the format just the actual words. I rate with realistic ratings though;

1 - Awful
2 - Bad but readable
3 - Needs work but potential is there
4 - Getting there
5 - Not bad (all the fundamentals covered)
6 - Good, solid middle tier verse
7 - Very good - on the way to top tier
8 - Dope
9 - Fucking awesome
10 - Perfect

So don't be offended, just my own ratings system

John Dos
03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
lol it's all good no worries.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

i'm an egotistical prick.

Q
03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
i'm an egotistical prick.

Yes...Yes You Are... :high: lol

John Dos
03-23-2013, 09:20 PM
but most times for good reason.

Q
03-23-2013, 09:23 PM
but most times for good reason.

Well, this wasn't one'a them :high:

John Dos
03-23-2013, 09:25 PM
this was mainly just to stir up shit. boredom.

Q
03-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Lol i feel that... fancy an 8 if yah bored? :high:

Doomsdayâ„¢
03-24-2013, 02:19 AM
John Dos Send Me 8 , i'm rusty as fuck with a 3 year absence.

John Dos
03-24-2013, 02:22 AM
Fuel I'm down

Phracture
03-24-2013, 02:29 AM
how easily people forget their most recent match ups with opponents

http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=419058

memory refreshed 87% - 13%

and now It'll be 100% tbh John Dos

ILLoKWENT
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
werd... shit was a 5 at most imo.. multis were there but fairly simplistic and seemd like a couple were mismatched, but probably just purposely kept basic.. at best..punches were average to decent.. concepts were potential quality tho

John Dos
03-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Dissizit 16 sounds good?