[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:27 PM
mckiller187
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost
Default things ive noticed..

peeped a couple battles. and ive noticed, alot of dudes with runon lines... heres an example;
cause I'm bound to DEFORM-YOU, this REFORMED-FOOL/
couldn't see what was coming if he was outside a haunted house that had a sign reading 'WE WARNED YOU!!' //

^^^^^^^ is this now acceptable,, ? the first line of the bar was decent it had 11 syllables., couldve been a few syllables longer.. since the basis for a verse to have anytype of cadence or flow, is around 12-14 syllables per line. now we look at the 2nd line... 25 syllables... this is hella runoon.. i dont even consider as an actual verse already.. just long sentences put together with and end multi attached to it... is this whats passable now? has the standards of a battle verse been reduced to lazy writing, when someone cant get their same point across using less words.. just curious on everyones thoughts on this.. because even live battles, although written , the battlers all still have a nice flow and cadence to their accapella battles... meaning their multis are spaced alot closer together = less words between multis..than what ive been seeing here.... theres ways to manipulate it but the tried and true formula for a bar is about 24 to 28 syllables total.. so you can have less syllables in the first line, and draw it out in the second, as long as the bar comes close to the total line count... of 24 to 28..j

just wanted everyones opinion on this
Unread 07-03-2021, 07:27 PM   #1

mckiller187
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.7/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 24 text

Default things ive noticed..

peeped a couple battles. and ive noticed, alot of dudes with runon lines... heres an example;
couldn't see what was coming if he was outside a haunted house that had a sign reading 'WE WARNED YOU!!' //

^^^^^^^ is this now acceptable,, ? the first line of the bar was decent it had 11 syllables., couldve been a few syllables longer.. since the basis for a verse to have anytype of cadence or flow, is around 12-14 syllables per line. now we look at the 2nd line... 25 syllables... this is hella runoon.. i dont even consider as an actual verse already.. just long sentences put together with and end multi attached to it... is this whats passable now? has the standards of a battle verse been reduced to lazy writing, when someone cant get their same point across using less words.. just curious on everyones thoughts on this.. because even live battles, although written , the battlers all still have a nice flow and cadence to their accapella battles... meaning their multis are spaced alot closer together = less words between multis..than what ive been seeing here.... theres ways to manipulate it but the tried and true formula for a bar is about 24 to 28 syllables total.. so you can have less syllables in the first line, and draw it out in the second, as long as the bar comes close to the total line count... of 24 to 28..j

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:00 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Well there's different concepts of what does and doesnt flow. The problem with the line you shared is therws so much non rhyming time. You could easily match something like that with some internal rhyming.
@mcg#3451
Unread 07-03-2021, 08:00 PM   #2

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

Well there's different concepts of what does and doesnt flow. The problem with the line you shared is therws so much non rhyming time. You could easily match something like that with some internal rhyming.
@mcg#3451
Unread 07-03-2021, 09:16 PM
mckiller187
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion EtH View Post
exactly , which goes back to too many words between rhymes... rhymes placements are where you get the rhythm and flow.. guys like phroxen were able to place them at the proper intervals to get it to roll off the tongue, and still be able to drop punchlines and wordplay.. while getting their point across legibly.... on the other end of the spectrum. there are guys who are totally opposit.. they have nice flow,nice rhyme placement but the battle verse becomes more of a cypher,and they drop basic disses,... a dope battle verse has the best of both worlds.. which is why the old heads like illimit, UA, jason, meta4,etc. all are respected, u read their shit, they were able to do that, closer multi placement, and dope punches..

Last edited by mckiller187; 07-03-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Unread 07-03-2021, 09:16 PM   #3

mckiller187
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion EtH View Post
exactly , which goes back to too many words between rhymes... rhymes placements are where you get the rhythm and flow.. guys like phroxen were able to place them at the proper intervals to get it to roll off the tongue, and still be able to drop punchlines and wordplay.. while getting their point across legibly.... on the other end of the spectrum. there are guys who are totally opposit.. they have nice flow,nice rhyme placement but the battle verse becomes more of a cypher,and they drop basic disses,... a dope battle verse has the best of both worlds.. which is why the old heads like illimit, UA, jason, meta4,etc. all are respected, u read their shit, they were able to do that, closer multi placement, and dope punches..

Last edited by mckiller187; 07-03-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Unread 07-04-2021, 10:14 AM
LineStein
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
174 Won / 118 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckiller187 View Post
LOL bro thats one battle I used those lines, and I say my shit outloud as im going in so I get a feel of how it would read for someone reading it, But It's not always super concise and on point. That being said your welcome to challenge me if you have better bars and we can ghet public opinion. you can look at other bars and raps ive done and see that there different I don't do that style every time, so to pick one battle from my 200 plus is kinda weird to be honest, and also why are you looking for approval and shit on someone else's bar? be yourself put your own style and get judged for it. peace

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote:

and also, homie I could point out a lot of your bars and random battles an pick out lines I think are lazy, you're not as good as you think you are. and instead of giving real feedback to ME, the one who WROTE IT, you get on a forum and bitch about how my rhymes don't meet the standard... fuck outa here to be honest you weak

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Here's a end line from one of his battles : //all this talk of being a god wit WRITTENS IS QUITE CRAFTY,but if 'someone falls for ya stories',its just the BUILDING IN MIAMI!..// That shit is low hanging fruit and not very good, lazy you can say. Let me think of a disaster and throw a line together real quick. You see how I did that? for the ' lazy' line i had you could of grabbed a good one, not EVERYTHING Hits home with everyone. Ive said my peace, send 32
Unread 07-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #4

LineStein
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
174 Won / 118 Lost

Voted: 23 audio / 511 text

Quote:
LOL bro thats one battle I used those lines, and I say my shit outloud as im going in so I get a feel of how it would read for someone reading it, But It's not always super concise and on point. That being said your welcome to challenge me if you have better bars and we can ghet public opinion. you can look at other bars and raps ive done and see that there different I don't do that style every time, so to pick one battle from my 200 plus is kinda weird to be honest, and also why are you looking for approval and shit on someone else's bar? be yourself put your own style and get judged for it. peace

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote:

and also, homie I could point out a lot of your bars and random battles an pick out lines I think are lazy, you're not as good as you think you are. and instead of giving real feedback to ME, the one who WROTE IT, you get on a forum and bitch about how my rhymes don't meet the standard... fuck outa here to be honest you weak

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Here's a end line from one of his battles : //all this talk of being a god wit WRITTENS IS QUITE CRAFTY,but if 'someone falls for ya stories',its just the BUILDING IN MIAMI!..// That shit is low hanging fruit and not very good, lazy you can say. Let me think of a disaster and throw a line together real quick. You see how I did that? for the ' lazy' line i had you could of grabbed a good one, not EVERYTHING Hits home with everyone. Ive said my peace, send 32
Unread 07-04-2021, 03:55 PM
mckiller187
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCunic View Post

listen bitchmade.. i just so happened to pick one from stuff i saw,it couldve been another person.. i wasnt being personal... and if you read carefully, i asked if runon bars are acceptable now... when i mean lazy, i mean structurally , you couldnt write your bars in such a way to use less words... you really are a dumb fuck.. and btw that miami bar shits on your runon any day of the weak.. you just butthurt because i speak the truth..or you still mad because i choose not to vote on your battle.. at the time.. i aint wasting my time on a 32 here.. if you want to go, send me an 8.. anytime

Man don't wanna 'Swing?' I guess I'll give him an "UNDERDOG..'' cause you 'swinging on a set' the only was I'm 'Under-standing' Ya'll!..They make up 'lil' lies about me, but I just keep it PUSHIN, don't wanna 'give me my 'roses' so I'ma creep like a bandit in this Gardener's BUSHES!!..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^you dropping bars like this that barely rhyme and talk shit about my miami line...? you a joke fam... pay attention to me if you actually wanna learn something.. i'll be more than happy to help you.. get better

Last edited by mckiller187; 07-04-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Unread 07-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #5

mckiller187
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:

listen bitchmade.. i just so happened to pick one from stuff i saw,it couldve been another person.. i wasnt being personal... and if you read carefully, i asked if runon bars are acceptable now... when i mean lazy, i mean structurally , you couldnt write your bars in such a way to use less words... you really are a dumb fuck.. and btw that miami bar shits on your runon any day of the weak.. you just butthurt because i speak the truth..or you still mad because i choose not to vote on your battle.. at the time.. i aint wasting my time on a 32 here.. if you want to go, send me an 8.. anytime

Man don't wanna 'Swing?' I guess I'll give him an "UNDERDOG..'' cause you 'swinging on a set' the only was I'm 'Under-standing' Ya'll!..They make up 'lil' lies about me, but I just keep it PUSHIN, don't wanna 'give me my 'roses' so I'ma creep like a bandit in this Gardener's BUSHES!!..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^you dropping bars like this that barely rhyme and talk shit about my miami line...? you a joke fam... pay attention to me if you actually wanna learn something.. i'll be more than happy to help you.. get better

Last edited by mckiller187; 07-04-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Unread 07-04-2021, 04:37 PM
LineStein
Ranked Text Record
174 Won / 118 Lost

Quote:

Come up with new insults ya weak an ya bars garbage go get into some battles Mckiller u sounding like a McBitch

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh NO Im scared he's quoting lyrics.. OBVIOUSLY you got your Panties in a bunch about me so bad you had to start a thread on my bars, which are better than yours. I'll beat you with thosse lines CHALLENGE ME MCBITCH I'll slaughter you... you might be too scared since you think your a fucking legend but only have 14 battles BITCH BE HUMBLE BITCH SIT DOWN
Unread 07-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #6

LineStein
Ranked Text Record
174 Won / 118 Lost

Quote:

Come up with new insults ya weak an ya bars garbage go get into some battles Mckiller u sounding like a McBitch

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh NO Im scared he's quoting lyrics.. OBVIOUSLY you got your Panties in a bunch about me so bad you had to start a thread on my bars, which are better than yours. I'll beat you with thosse lines CHALLENGE ME MCBITCH I'll slaughter you... you might be too scared since you think your a fucking legend but only have 14 battles BITCH BE HUMBLE BITCH SIT DOWN
Unread 07-04-2021, 06:46 PM
mckiller187
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:

i am humble.. your the one actin like a lil bitch when i critiqued your line..properly..
Unread 07-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #7

mckiller187
Ranked Text Record
12 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:

i am humble.. your the one actin like a lil bitch when i critiqued your line..properly..
Unread 07-04-2021, 07:52 PM
LineStein
Ranked Text Record
174 Won / 118 Lost

Quote:
damn bro your proper asf my abd bro
Unread 07-04-2021, 07:52 PM   #8

LineStein
Ranked Text Record
174 Won / 118 Lost

Quote:
damn bro your proper asf my abd bro

Display