2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06-02-2019, 06:31 PM
joan of arc
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac-5 View Post
Sick burn bro

But in all honesty, no one says "broken punches" and you're clearly just trying to fit in by forcing the "lingo".
because you're a battle expert? you're garbage. and if you talk delivery, nobody can understand a single word you utter, you filthy scott. .
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:31 PM   #21

joan of arc

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Quote:
Sick burn bro

But in all honesty, no one says "broken punches" and you're clearly just trying to fit in by forcing the "lingo".
because you're a battle expert? you're garbage. and if you talk delivery, nobody can understand a single word you utter, you filthy scott. .

Unread 06-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Saii

Well this thread sure took a turn for the worst.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:32 PM   #22

Saii

Well this thread sure took a turn for the worst.

Unread 06-02-2019, 06:34 PM
Locchart

Quote:
The amount of shit talking in this thread.

If you say "bars over delivery" you're completely missing that it's a good bar BECAUSE of the delivery. You ever seen a comedian have a crowd in stitches even though he has zero stage presence? Nope. If you aren't able to deliver a punchline it doesn't matter how hard it was.

The ability to sound clear, deliver a punch well and flow in audio are the equivalent of wording in text. Without that, the punch isn't hard regardless.
You make a good point. However, the crowd isn't going to laugh if the joke isn't funny, either, no matter how well they deliver it.

If the joke is hilarious but not delivered with the same kind of conviction, it's obviously not gonna be hilarious, maybe make people laugh a little, but it's still better than delivering something that just isn't funny at all.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #23

Locchart

Quote:

If you say "bars over delivery" you're completely missing that it's a good bar BECAUSE of the delivery. You ever seen a comedian have a crowd in stitches even though he has zero stage presence? Nope. If you aren't able to deliver a punchline it doesn't matter how hard it was.

The ability to sound clear, deliver a punch well and flow in audio are the equivalent of wording in text. Without that, the punch isn't hard regardless.
You make a good point. However, the crowd isn't going to laugh if the joke isn't funny, either, no matter how well they deliver it.

If the joke is hilarious but not delivered with the same kind of conviction, it's obviously not gonna be hilarious, maybe make people laugh a little, but it's still better than delivering something that just isn't funny at all.

Unread 06-02-2019, 06:36 PM
KG The Prince
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

I'm gonna look at mic presence in text battles from now on. Don't @ me

Unread 06-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #24

KG The Prince
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.46/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
218 Won / 94 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
4 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 106 audio / 857 text
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 43 Thread(s)

I'm gonna look at mic presence in text battles from now on. Don't @ me

Unread 06-02-2019, 06:39 PM
HVK HVK is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 730 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by g u t s View Post
here's what i look for in this order.

1.punches. did i like the punches?
2. execution. flow and performance come in here. for text this is more about wording and logic.
3. creativity
4. skill (wordplay, metaphors, and so on)
5. multi strength

here are the things i mark in a battle and in what order.

1. punches. (they didn't throw any, or had simple/broken punches)
2. wording mistakes, logic mistakes, bad wordplay
3. (for audio here is where i mark someone down for a boring performance)

here's the bottom line though. and a good example. edge vs guts first round, edge wasn't too hot on the mic, and guts was clearly more comfortable, but edge had stronger bars with better logic and flow. my vote? edgeworth no doubt. however, if i was battling someone and you could barely hear their audio, it sounded like they were talking, and kept repeating lines they fucked up, then it isn't even rap. auto loss. so yeah, obviously if someone bombs, it doesn't even count, but i think i've made how i view it clear.
GOOD EXPLANATION, THATS QUITE A PROCESS YOU GO THROUGH EACH VOTE DUDE LOL. THANKS FOR THAT THOUGH, THAT LAYOUT COULD ACTUALLY HELP SOME NEWER GUYS IF THEY HAVE THAT WAY OF THINKING..... NICE.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #25

Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.83/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Voted: 139 audio / 3320 text

Quote:
here's what i look for in this order.

1.punches. did i like the punches?
2. execution. flow and performance come in here. for text this is more about wording and logic.
3. creativity
4. skill (wordplay, metaphors, and so on)
5. multi strength

here are the things i mark in a battle and in what order.

1. punches. (they didn't throw any, or had simple/broken punches)
2. wording mistakes, logic mistakes, bad wordplay
3. (for audio here is where i mark someone down for a boring performance)

here's the bottom line though. and a good example. edge vs guts first round, edge wasn't too hot on the mic, and guts was clearly more comfortable, but edge had stronger bars with better logic and flow. my vote? edgeworth no doubt. however, if i was battling someone and you could barely hear their audio, it sounded like they were talking, and kept repeating lines they fucked up, then it isn't even rap. auto loss. so yeah, obviously if someone bombs, it doesn't even count, but i think i've made how i view it clear.
GOOD EXPLANATION, THATS QUITE A PROCESS YOU GO THROUGH EACH VOTE DUDE LOL. THANKS FOR THAT THOUGH, THAT LAYOUT COULD ACTUALLY HELP SOME NEWER GUYS IF THEY HAVE THAT WAY OF THINKING..... NICE.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:42 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Young Prince View Post
Yes, but good delivery on its own isn't enough, you could be smooth as silk on the mic & still not make sense. They both go together but I still favour commenting on the concept and how you execute it.
It can at times. No ones saying it goes alone but take me Vs Pugz for example. That dude can't write a punchline to save himself and I had a really really hard hitting personal verse. Still lost that trade off cause I cant rap and he was brilliant at it.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Guts out here dropping votes on battles like "Your multis dont work both ways".
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #26

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Young Prince View Post
Yes, but good delivery on its own isn't enough, you could be smooth as silk on the mic & still not make sense. They both go together but I still favour commenting on the concept and how you execute it.
It can at times. No ones saying it goes alone but take me Vs Pugz for example. That dude can't write a punchline to save himself and I had a really really hard hitting personal verse. Still lost that trade off cause I cant rap and he was brilliant at it.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
Since it's a different system for deciphering punchlines on audio than it is text, I have to say mic presence. In text, a great punch is distinguished by readability and structure. By audio, it's easier to distinguish by flow and being organically and technically sound in your delivery and bars. That's how it's always been with rap, even going back to the NWA days. People could write great content, but you still needed a voice of an emcee to sell records and bring those words to life. So, yeah, mic presence is key when I vote audio.
AGREE WITH ALOT OF THAT...... ONE THING I STRUGGLE WITH IN AUDIO IS THA LACK OF EXPO's. BEING FROM THA UK I DONT GET ALOT OF THA AMERICAN SLANG Y'ALL USE, IN TEXT PPL NORMALLY EXPO IT BUT IN AUDIO NOT SO MUCH, SO I FIND I HAVE TO USE GOOGLE A FEW TIMES TO UNDERSTAND WHAT SOME PPL ARE SAYIN.

GOOD EXPLANATION THO YOUR HIGHNESS, THANKYOU FOR THAT.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #27

Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
Since it's a different system for deciphering punchlines on audio than it is text, I have to say mic presence. In text, a great punch is distinguished by readability and structure. By audio, it's easier to distinguish by flow and being organically and technically sound in your delivery and bars. That's how it's always been with rap, even going back to the NWA days. People could write great content, but you still needed a voice of an emcee to sell records and bring those words to life. So, yeah, mic presence is key when I vote audio.
AGREE WITH ALOT OF THAT...... ONE THING I STRUGGLE WITH IN AUDIO IS THA LACK OF EXPO's. BEING FROM THA UK I DONT GET ALOT OF THA AMERICAN SLANG Y'ALL USE, IN TEXT PPL NORMALLY EXPO IT BUT IN AUDIO NOT SO MUCH, SO I FIND I HAVE TO USE GOOGLE A FEW TIMES TO UNDERSTAND WHAT SOME PPL ARE SAYIN.

GOOD EXPLANATION THO YOUR HIGHNESS, THANKYOU FOR THAT.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Locchart

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you won that battle, did you not? Or was this something different entirely? I only remember the text battle.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #28

Locchart

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you won that battle, did you not? Or was this something different entirely? I only remember the text battle.

Unread 06-02-2019, 06:44 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post

You ever seen the Brendan Schaub special? Not a single funny joke but a crowd in stitches.

Some comedians make people laugh just by the way they say "Hello" at the start.

Tim Vine made an entire career out of abysmal dad jokes and he's funny as fuck.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #29

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post

You ever seen the Brendan Schaub special? Not a single funny joke but a crowd in stitches.

Some comedians make people laugh just by the way they say "Hello" at the start.

Tim Vine made an entire career out of abysmal dad jokes and he's funny as fuck.
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:

SO WHAT WOULD YOU VOTE FOR......

SHITTY AS FUCK FLOW BUT DOPE AS FUCK LYRICS, OR SHITTY AS FUCK LYRICS BUT DOPE AS FUCK FLOW?
Unread 06-02-2019, 06:45 PM   #30

Ranked Text Record
278 Won / 31 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 3 Lost

Quote:

SO WHAT WOULD YOU VOTE FOR......

SHITTY AS FUCK FLOW BUT DOPE AS FUCK LYRICS, OR SHITTY AS FUCK LYRICS BUT DOPE AS FUCK FLOW?

Display