Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk > Magazine Stand

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03-21-2017, 09:59 PM
lllllllllllll
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Letsbeef Informer: Trackouts/Wav Tutorial Edition

My last thread below gives hints and secrets on how to get the most out of a single wav file and have MUCH cleaner vocals.

https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160155

Most people have a hard time mixing their vocals properly but I promise you, you'll never get that professional sound if you don't do this. You can't just insert a mp3 or wav of the beat as a whole and expect to properly mix your vocals into it. That's almost like trying to stuff a nickel in the middle of concrete without breaking into it. Trackouts will turn that concrete back into liquid form so you can let that nickel sink into it.

If you take your music career serious, I'm going to assume you're willing to invest in yourself. So with that being said, "Trackouts" is very important and sometimes, it's all you need to sound like the professionals. It's not really about how much money you're spending at a studio or what type of microphone you have.

What are trackouts?
When you go to purchase your beat from whoever, Trackouts (also known as stems) are important. DO NOT spend your money unless you get the trackouts/stems. What they are, basically every single instrument in the beat you choose comes in its own wav file. This gives you the opportunity to properly mix your vocals into that beat.

Example:

Kicks.wav
Snares.wav
Piano.wav

If I made a beat with those 3 instruments, I can upload it into 1 file like MP3 or WAV. Someone would like the beat, they'll download the 1 file and rap over it.

This is how to record the unprofessional way
Track Layer 1 - Instrumental/Beat
Track Layer 2 - First Verse
Track Layer 3 - Second Verse
Track Layer 4 - Adlibs

And heres how the professional way is done.
Track Layer 1 - Kick
Track Layer 2 - Snare
Track Layer 3 - Piano
Track Layer 4 - First Verse
Track Layer 5 - Second Verse
Track Layer 6 - Adlibs

If I sent that person the trackouts, they'll have 3 files instead of just 1. So for example, lets say you're trying to mix your vocals into a beat with the stems/trackouts and the piano alone was too loud, you can then adjust ONLY the piano. But if you recorded over just the 1 simple mp3 or wav file, you really have no options.

It's hard to mix vocals into a single file which includes every instrument. If you have trackouts, your vocals will sit INSIDE of the beat. When you have just an mp3/wav file, your vocals will sit ON TOP of the beat. *Remember That*

So if you're going to use a beat off of youtube, soundcloud, or whatever, before downloading that mp3 formatted file or wav file, ask them if they can send you the trackouts/stems to that beat so you can have every instrument in their own files. Trust me, it's not your voice, and sometimes, it's not your mic. It's just not being mixed. Some people even give up on making music because of it. Again, if you're looking to record over a beat you found from youtube or soundcloud, contact them and ask for trackouts. This IS what the professionals/grammy award winning celebrities do. They DO NOT record over 1 file that includes the beat if they're recording an album. Mixtapes, they probably have to because they're using industry beats sometimes so they'll probably youtube the beat or some shit just like we do. But an album, 9/10 they only do the trackouts.

ALWAYS ASK FOR THE TRACKOUTS/STEMS!!!!!

THE OTHER WAY

Most people have trouble with it so i'll share some some shit ive learned over the past few years.

1.Decent microphone
Ofc you'd need a decent microphone. They have audio Technicas for $100 & the Blue Snowball for $50. Both are condenser microphones so they'll work.

2. Wav instead of mp3 (IMPORTANT!)
This is the step that always bothered me and pretty much introduced me to my problem with mixing. It's a lot harder to mix with mp3 files. When your instrumental/beat is compressed/saved as mp3, there is actual sound and digital imformation that's lost and can't be brought back without the original high quality file (Wav File). Serious musicians can tell if a file is mp3 or wav just by listening. No matter how good or high quality it may sound on soundcloud, youtube, etc. If it's not the original wav format compressed right after completion from whichever beat program your producer used, quality is lost. The trick is pretty much using the original file and your vocals together to compress them both into an mp3 file.

For the best sound possible, look at it like this
Original Wav Beat+Vocals=MP3 File

Don't try to convert it back to wave because you'll still be missing quality from the ORIGINAL high quality file IF it was compressed into wav.

ALWAYS ASK FOR THE ORIGINAL WAV FILE!!!!!!! NOT MP3!!!!!!!

3. Mixing Your Vocals

This step is pretty much what you wanna do and how you wanna sound. If you don't follow step 2, you may have some shitty results such as your vocals being too loud, too low, or all your words wont be clear.

4. Good programs
Pro Tools, FL Studio (Fruity Loops), etc. You can google some free joints as well. Some people even play around with Audacity (Completey Free but simple)

Below is a version of Cool Edit Pro 2 (Comes with crack. Uploaded it myself) And a few mixing tips.
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665

Last edited by lllllllllllll; 04-26-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Unread 03-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #1

lllllllllllll

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default Letsbeef Informer: Trackouts/Wav Tutorial Edition

My last thread below gives hints and secrets on how to get the most out of a single wav file and have MUCH cleaner vocals.

https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160155

Most people have a hard time mixing their vocals properly but I promise you, you'll never get that professional sound if you don't do this. You can't just insert a mp3 or wav of the beat as a whole and expect to properly mix your vocals into it. That's almost like trying to stuff a nickel in the middle of concrete without breaking into it. Trackouts will turn that concrete back into liquid form so you can let that nickel sink into it.

If you take your music career serious, I'm going to assume you're willing to invest in yourself. So with that being said, "Trackouts" is very important and sometimes, it's all you need to sound like the professionals. It's not really about how much money you're spending at a studio or what type of microphone you have.

What are trackouts?
When you go to purchase your beat from whoever, Trackouts (also known as stems) are important. DO NOT spend your money unless you get the trackouts/stems. What they are, basically every single instrument in the beat you choose comes in its own wav file. This gives you the opportunity to properly mix your vocals into that beat.

Example:

Kicks.wav
Snares.wav
Piano.wav

If I made a beat with those 3 instruments, I can upload it into 1 file like MP3 or WAV. Someone would like the beat, they'll download the 1 file and rap over it.

This is how to record the unprofessional way
Track Layer 1 - Instrumental/Beat
Track Layer 2 - First Verse
Track Layer 3 - Second Verse
Track Layer 4 - Adlibs

And heres how the professional way is done.
Track Layer 1 - Kick
Track Layer 2 - Snare
Track Layer 3 - Piano
Track Layer 4 - First Verse
Track Layer 5 - Second Verse
Track Layer 6 - Adlibs

If I sent that person the trackouts, they'll have 3 files instead of just 1. So for example, lets say you're trying to mix your vocals into a beat with the stems/trackouts and the piano alone was too loud, you can then adjust ONLY the piano. But if you recorded over just the 1 simple mp3 or wav file, you really have no options.

It's hard to mix vocals into a single file which includes every instrument. If you have trackouts, your vocals will sit INSIDE of the beat. When you have just an mp3/wav file, your vocals will sit ON TOP of the beat. *Remember That*

So if you're going to use a beat off of youtube, soundcloud, or whatever, before downloading that mp3 formatted file or wav file, ask them if they can send you the trackouts/stems to that beat so you can have every instrument in their own files. Trust me, it's not your voice, and sometimes, it's not your mic. It's just not being mixed. Some people even give up on making music because of it. Again, if you're looking to record over a beat you found from youtube or soundcloud, contact them and ask for trackouts. This IS what the professionals/grammy award winning celebrities do. They DO NOT record over 1 file that includes the beat if they're recording an album. Mixtapes, they probably have to because they're using industry beats sometimes so they'll probably youtube the beat or some shit just like we do. But an album, 9/10 they only do the trackouts.

ALWAYS ASK FOR THE TRACKOUTS/STEMS!!!!!

THE OTHER WAY

Most people have trouble with it so i'll share some some shit ive learned over the past few years.

1.Decent microphone
Ofc you'd need a decent microphone. They have audio Technicas for $100 & the Blue Snowball for $50. Both are condenser microphones so they'll work.

2. Wav instead of mp3 (IMPORTANT!)
This is the step that always bothered me and pretty much introduced me to my problem with mixing. It's a lot harder to mix with mp3 files. When your instrumental/beat is compressed/saved as mp3, there is actual sound and digital imformation that's lost and can't be brought back without the original high quality file (Wav File). Serious musicians can tell if a file is mp3 or wav just by listening. No matter how good or high quality it may sound on soundcloud, youtube, etc. If it's not the original wav format compressed right after completion from whichever beat program your producer used, quality is lost. The trick is pretty much using the original file and your vocals together to compress them both into an mp3 file.

For the best sound possible, look at it like this
Original Wav Beat+Vocals=MP3 File

Don't try to convert it back to wave because you'll still be missing quality from the ORIGINAL high quality file IF it was compressed into wav.

ALWAYS ASK FOR THE ORIGINAL WAV FILE!!!!!!! NOT MP3!!!!!!!

3. Mixing Your Vocals

This step is pretty much what you wanna do and how you wanna sound. If you don't follow step 2, you may have some shitty results such as your vocals being too loud, too low, or all your words wont be clear.

4. Good programs
Pro Tools, FL Studio (Fruity Loops), etc. You can google some free joints as well. Some people even play around with Audacity (Completey Free but simple)

Below is a version of Cool Edit Pro 2 (Comes with crack. Uploaded it myself) And a few mixing tips.
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665

Last edited by lllllllllllll; 04-26-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Unread 03-21-2017, 11:11 PM
NOBLE
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Nice tutorial!
Unread 03-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #2

NOBLE
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.05/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
4 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.05/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
30 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 407 audio / 1061 text
Mentioned: 3616 Post(s)
Tagged: 76 Thread(s)

Nice tutorial!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2017, 08:15 AM
lllllllllllll

Thanks yo. Hopefully people use this. The last one didn't get any attention but I'll keep posting them for our guest users. I'm sure they'll find it useful.
Unread 03-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #3

lllllllllllll

Thanks yo. Hopefully people use this. The last one didn't get any attention but I'll keep posting them for our guest users. I'm sure they'll find it useful.

Unread 03-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Ray Zeus
Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 20 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
186 Won / 110 Lost

went to shool for recording arts while i was inactive... so i produce as well as mix and master... all my new songs are produced by me and mix and mastered as well
Unread 03-25-2017, 02:39 PM   #4

Ray Zeus
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.51/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.4/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
186 Won / 110 Lost

Voted: 54 audio / 890 text

went to shool for recording arts while i was inactive... so i produce as well as mix and master... all my new songs are produced by me and mix and mastered as well
Unread 03-28-2017, 07:17 PM
lllllllllllll

Word. Send those to my email to.

Bump
Unread 03-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #5

lllllllllllll

Word. Send those to my email to.

Bump

Unread 03-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Ray Zeus
Ranked Text Record
186 Won / 110 Lost

Gotcha and another tip that should be obvious... DONT RECORD JUST USING A MIC IN YOUR LAPTOP!!! you're gonna have to invest in studio time or buying an interface and mic... not the cheap $20 ones neither... if you don't need an XLR cable for your mic... it's not worth it... and speakers are necessary to be able to mix your sounds right as well... 6 inch at least so you can pick up those low frequency sounds that you can't hear off your laptop... it makes a huge difference in the quality...
Unread 03-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #6

Ray Zeus
Ranked Text Record
186 Won / 110 Lost

Voted: 54 audio / 890 text

Gotcha and another tip that should be obvious... DONT RECORD JUST USING A MIC IN YOUR LAPTOP!!! you're gonna have to invest in studio time or buying an interface and mic... not the cheap $20 ones neither... if you don't need an XLR cable for your mic... it's not worth it... and speakers are necessary to be able to mix your sounds right as well... 6 inch at least so you can pick up those low frequency sounds that you can't hear off your laptop... it makes a huge difference in the quality...
Unread 01-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Óðinn
Mentioned: 2432 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

@Clippy Clip this is great information my dude. Hugely appreciated.

Unread 01-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #7

Óðinn
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
31 Won / 3 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.75/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
437 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 468 audio / 3095 text
Mentioned: 2432 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)

@Clippy Clip this is great information my dude. Hugely appreciated.

Unread 12-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Supsie

Cool, dunno how i missed this one, but the fucking crack for cool edit still aint workin... good info doe.
Unread 12-07-2018, 09:10 PM   #8

Supsie

Cool, dunno how i missed this one, but the fucking crack for cool edit still aint workin... good info doe.

Display