2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
Style: Freestyle
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List
EtH, Godbody, Manhattan, NOBLE, Rowdy, RULE, The Saaxxx Baba

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-12-2020, 09:31 AM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
9 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost
Default Letsbeef Hall Of Fame

There's recently been a lot of talk around the Hall of Fame on Letsbeef, and it seems to me that a lot of users feel it needs some sort of change or overhaul. To that end I am writing this thread with some ideas I have had. Since the only thing that makes the HOF worth anything is whether the users respect it, I want to get everybody's thoughts before changing anything, and to make sure that there is site-wide consensus and understanding. Please feel free to share whatever ideas or thoughts you have too.

I've tagged in the thread users who I think may be invested in the topic.

1. Updates

A lot of the HOF induction pages are out of date, for instance battlers have come back, won titles, and had major accomplishments since their induction (i.e. All-Boro). This could either be remedied by editing the existing content of their induction pages to include it, or by adding a new section at the end of every HOF page which gave an account of the battler's activity and accomplishments since being inducted.

2. "Impact" Hall of Fame

A few people, most recently @EtH and Dono, have been nominated to the Hall Of Fame despite there not really being a category that fits them. Would it be worth creating another branch of the hall of fame, that functioned essentially as a "miscellaneous HOF", for users whose legacy didn't fit into just specifically text battling, audio battling or track making? Other plausible candidates could include @NOBLE and @Godbody. I'm particularly interested to know people's thoughts on this, and whether anyone can come up with a more fitting name.

3. Nominations

There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the nomination process itself. There is actually a relatively straightforward, if not-at-all-transparent, mechanism outlined here, however it requires @RULE to be active to process every nomination which unfortunately can't be the case forever. I think it might be time to come up with a better process to handle nominations. Purely having it down to a poll is not workable because of the extent that cheating and trolling often affect those polls, and because HOF is not a popularity contest. However, I think it's very important that the users have ultimate power over the inductions because it is their respect which makes the HOF valid.
Unread 04-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #1

Kiwi Peewee
9 1589
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

Default Letsbeef Hall Of Fame

There's recently been a lot of talk around the Hall of Fame on Letsbeef, and it seems to me that a lot of users feel it needs some sort of change or overhaul. To that end I am writing this thread with some ideas I have had. Since the only thing that makes the HOF worth anything is whether the users respect it, I want to get everybody's thoughts before changing anything, and to make sure that there is site-wide consensus and understanding. Please feel free to share whatever ideas or thoughts you have too.

I've tagged in the thread users who I think may be invested in the topic.

1. Updates

A lot of the HOF induction pages are out of date, for instance battlers have come back, won titles, and had major accomplishments since their induction (i.e. All-Boro). This could either be remedied by editing the existing content of their induction pages to include it, or by adding a new section at the end of every HOF page which gave an account of the battler's activity and accomplishments since being inducted.

2. "Impact" Hall of Fame

A few people, most recently @EtH and Dono, have been nominated to the Hall Of Fame despite there not really being a category that fits them. Would it be worth creating another branch of the hall of fame, that functioned essentially as a "miscellaneous HOF", for users whose legacy didn't fit into just specifically text battling, audio battling or track making? Other plausible candidates could include @NOBLE and @Godbody. I'm particularly interested to know people's thoughts on this, and whether anyone can come up with a more fitting name.

3. Nominations

There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the nomination process itself. There is actually a relatively straightforward, if not-at-all-transparent, mechanism outlined here, however it requires @RULE to be active to process every nomination which unfortunately can't be the case forever. I think it might be time to come up with a better process to handle nominations. Purely having it down to a poll is not workable because of the extent that cheating and trolling often affect those polls, and because HOF is not a popularity contest. However, I think it's very important that the users have ultimate power over the inductions because it is their respect which makes the HOF valid.

Tags
eth > rain, punk > eth > rain

Display