Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08-26-2021, 08:35 PM
Nigga I Rap Tight
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
29 Won / 11 Lost

Bone Thugs n Harmony.
i hardly do this for fun, chris' capitol pun,
chew dem up n spit em out,
Nobody pays me in gum!
Quote:
still drag some days/ i cant see the light God snatched my shades/ Dark nights no Anne Hathaway and forced to act alone im a Cast Away
Unread 08-26-2021, 08:35 PM   #21

Nigga I Rap Tight
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.38/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.25/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
29 Won / 11 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 90 text
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Bone Thugs n Harmony.
i hardly do this for fun, chris' capitol pun,
chew dem up n spit em out,
Nobody pays me in gum!
Quote:
still drag some days/ i cant see the light God snatched my shades/ Dark nights no Anne Hathaway and forced to act alone im a Cast Away
Unread 08-27-2021, 08:16 PM
EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erupt View Post
@EtH .. Man... There are so many gems in that one statement you just made. Like real life gems. The whole part about crafting a song with a storyline in a specific order that you'd pitch to a director... Straight gem. I'll be applying that to my next song/EP.
For the sake of this, pretend I could rap and didn't sound exactly like I sound haha...

Whenever I thought of writing a track, I always wrote sounding that would sound terrible. My mind was so caught up in the story or the purpose as opposed to "Well what just sounds good?". I think an important part of rapping is figuring out how to make stuff sound good. You know how Tupac has a certain way of saying a small collection of words together that all just sounded great? Like the lines in 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted;

"Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture
Bomb the hoochies with precision, my intention's to get richer"

Shit sounds really good together. It's complete nonsense, but he figured out "Ah man that sounds awesome when I say that". I think a lot of people focusing too much on the art side forget that ultimately this is supposed to be listened to and enjoyed. I've always hated Immortal Technique's Dance With The Devil because as a song, I think it just sounds terrible. He's off beat at times and he's focusing too much on the story and not enough on the actual listenability.

So there's a whole balance and if you've already got the "I can make good sounding music" part down, the world's really your oyster. You can use everything you've learned up to this point to make something people will enjoy, and then just swap out the words to tell or say whatever it is you think's important or artistic.

I know it's fairly bullshit coming from a guy who can't write let alone perform a track, but as a listener when someone can combine some stuff that just sounds good, but it's been written with an intention and there's an actual point to it where if I sat them down and asked for a purpose, they could give me it, that's what I'd call art. RA The Rugged Man in Uncommon Valor. 2pac in Keep Ya Head Up. Happy Birthday by Flipsyde. Those are examples of where I think I could say there's an artistic element, be it the style of performance, the storytelling, the concept etc.
@mcg#3451
Unread 08-27-2021, 08:16 PM   #22

EtH
Hall Of Famer
Spring Champion
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.13/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.13/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.2/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
8 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 5 audio / 65 text
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)

Quote:
@EtH .. Man... There are so many gems in that one statement you just made. Like real life gems. The whole part about crafting a song with a storyline in a specific order that you'd pitch to a director... Straight gem. I'll be applying that to my next song/EP.
For the sake of this, pretend I could rap and didn't sound exactly like I sound haha...

Whenever I thought of writing a track, I always wrote sounding that would sound terrible. My mind was so caught up in the story or the purpose as opposed to "Well what just sounds good?". I think an important part of rapping is figuring out how to make stuff sound good. You know how Tupac has a certain way of saying a small collection of words together that all just sounded great? Like the lines in 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted;

"Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture
Bomb the hoochies with precision, my intention's to get richer"

Shit sounds really good together. It's complete nonsense, but he figured out "Ah man that sounds awesome when I say that". I think a lot of people focusing too much on the art side forget that ultimately this is supposed to be listened to and enjoyed. I've always hated Immortal Technique's Dance With The Devil because as a song, I think it just sounds terrible. He's off beat at times and he's focusing too much on the story and not enough on the actual listenability.

So there's a whole balance and if you've already got the "I can make good sounding music" part down, the world's really your oyster. You can use everything you've learned up to this point to make something people will enjoy, and then just swap out the words to tell or say whatever it is you think's important or artistic.

I know it's fairly bullshit coming from a guy who can't write let alone perform a track, but as a listener when someone can combine some stuff that just sounds good, but it's been written with an intention and there's an actual point to it where if I sat them down and asked for a purpose, they could give me it, that's what I'd call art. RA The Rugged Man in Uncommon Valor. 2pac in Keep Ya Head Up. Happy Birthday by Flipsyde. Those are examples of where I think I could say there's an artistic element, be it the style of performance, the storytelling, the concept etc.
@mcg#3451
Unread 08-30-2021, 03:34 PM
Denton
Mentioned: 1297 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Denton
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 21 Lost

Quote:
@NirT... Hopsin actually isn't a bad addition to that list, I saw him live once, him and the whole crew before they "disbanded". Joyner is dope too, I feel like he still gonna take it another level artistically haven't reached his peek yet.
@Denton ... Ive seen some kids in spearys that could actually throw hands though my g haha
I was gonna go to the next one, but after seeing Da Baby get "cancelled" Idk how I feel about the event that's why I asked.
@EtH ... Thats actually a good take, and more so what I was referring to by saying Artist. Not so much the music... Although the ones I listed are great musically.... and def is a big chunk of what im referring to, but more so the directing , the videos, the production, and live production... All of which including the instrumentals and video production Tyler does all of that mostly himself ...

Im really trying to find the true art in music these days... I listen to all genres really... Someone link me to some actual art.... Rock, Rap, doesn't matter... Newer or Older shit but id prefer newer
Ill be at Arc this coming weekend in Chicago. HMU on discord G I'm always down to share art and new music with people. Expanding horizons is my thing
Unread 08-30-2021, 03:34 PM   #23

Denton
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.43/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.43/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.29/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
64 Won / 21 Lost

Voted: 76 audio / 818 text
Mentioned: 1297 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)

Send a message via Skype™ to Denton

Quote:
@NirT... Hopsin actually isn't a bad addition to that list, I saw him live once, him and the whole crew before they "disbanded". Joyner is dope too, I feel like he still gonna take it another level artistically haven't reached his peek yet.
@Denton ... Ive seen some kids in spearys that could actually throw hands though my g haha
I was gonna go to the next one, but after seeing Da Baby get "cancelled" Idk how I feel about the event that's why I asked.
@EtH ... Thats actually a good take, and more so what I was referring to by saying Artist. Not so much the music... Although the ones I listed are great musically.... and def is a big chunk of what im referring to, but more so the directing , the videos, the production, and live production... All of which including the instrumentals and video production Tyler does all of that mostly himself ...

Im really trying to find the true art in music these days... I listen to all genres really... Someone link me to some actual art.... Rock, Rap, doesn't matter... Newer or Older shit but id prefer newer
Ill be at Arc this coming weekend in Chicago. HMU on discord G I'm always down to share art and new music with people. Expanding horizons is my thing
Offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
teamaggo, teamrai, teamrowdy

Display